Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Japanese to English Translation

Tranlator

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Isaac

Isaac

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Name: Isaac
Timezone: Brasil GMT -3.00
Availability: Night
Any previous experience?: Yes, for English to Portuguese. No, for Japanese to English. But for some time I have been studing japanese, and now I already tried to read a manga in Japanese (with furigana), and comparing with an scan translation, I was right around 75%. Also, I am brazilian, and even if I consider myself fluent in english, sometimes, my senteces may look disconected. So if you want my help, I will need a good proofreader, and if possible o chat with a experienced translator to solve some doubts and improve my skills. 

Edited by Isaac, 17 June 2015 - 10:58 PM.

PROzess

PROzess

Potato

• Contributor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

75%?

Wow, you have come to the right place.

unf2a.jpg

Isaac

Isaac

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrazil

So how do I do the test? Do you need my e-mail? I asked the test 2 years ago, but at that time I didn't had much knowledge in japanese, and thought you could help me to learn, but now I have the skill needed.

Edited by Isaac, 28 June 2015 - 04:19 AM.

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts
Some advice:

1. No one in this biz will ever help you learn Japanese. Learning Japanese is something you have to do on your own.

2. If you have specific questions on something you're trying to translate, don't rely on anyone in your group (if you ever join one), they will likely be as helpless as you are. In order to get help with specific lines, either go to your Japanese buddies if you have any, or post on a site called MangaHelpers.

3. Do not try to become a translator until you are right >90% of the time. Getting every 4th line wrong is just terrible.

4. Do not request TL check. Do not expect to receive one on a regular basis.

5. Never guess when translating. If you're not sure, ask for help on those specific lines (see 2).

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)