Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Why did his Father never graduate?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

He was the 2nd Seat of the same generation as Gin. I know it wasn't because Soma was born.

Roxis

Roxis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationin wasteland

figure out

something happened with his nature i am not surprised probably Jouichirou made something that made him get drop out or he failed over a survival test because certain circumstance

Posted Image

brajt

brajt

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKraków, Poland

1) Lost a shokugeki that made him to quit the school, maybe against Jin, maybe for a girl they both loved

2) Made a move on one of Nakiri daugthers, maybe on Erina's mother?

Sacriven

Sacriven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

1) Lost a shokugeki that made him to quit the school, maybe against Jin, maybe for a girl they both loved

2) Made a move on one of Nakiri daugthers, maybe on Erina's mother?

1) Jouichirou implied that he married "the woman he loved" in the first chapter. So he should've won Shokugeki and stayed at school. So, this theory is unlikely.

2) To be honest, this is the stupidest reason I can ever think of.

figureouturself

figureouturself

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

1) Jouichirou implied that he married "the woman he loved" in the first chapter. So he should've won Shokugeki and stayed at school. So, this theory is unlikely.

1) Or he won the girl, but as a condition, had to quit school, since his #1 priority wouldn't be cooking anymore.

Sacriven

Sacriven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Eh, I dunno. Seems like Jouichiro and Gin aren't the types who will make a Shokugeki just for a girl. I mean, really?

valaskjalf

valaskjalf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

He lost a shoukugeki

pootishere

pootishere

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Possible explanations

A.) lost a shokugeki

B.) chased after Souma's mom who probably left/got expelled

C.) Found something wrong with elite ten viewpoints/ had disagreements and left voluntarily

D.) got bored with Tootsuki

In terms of likelihood of actually happening probably B>D=A>C

tatsmann

tatsmann

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yeah, I also think he left voluntarily. He seems like a "go my pace" type of guy. Once he got to 2nd seat, he probably thought that was the best he could go and then left. He didn't make an effort to surpass himself until after he met his wife. That's why he told Souma the secret to improve his cooking is to find someone to cook for.

brajt

brajt

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Well, You're free to provide your own theory too. I'd be happy to read what was the reason he left the school in your opinion.

Sancrea

Sancrea

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland

Maybe for the same reason why bill gates one people like him decided to drop out of school, because he saw no reason to continue his education at school and decided to travel. ( not that bill gates started travelling after dropping out, it just he had idea and school wouldn't help him or what-not)

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Sweden

Jouichirou voluntarily dropping out of school to see what kind of cooking exists in the world seems to be the theory that fits in the most with what has been shown thus far, but at the same time as it's the most natural option, it's also the most obvious one.

Fact is, we just won't know what they will go with until we see it in print. Who knows, they might add or detract elements that makes a different and still unknown theory more valid than the rest? Such is the beauty of storytelling through manga, they sometimes surprise you based on reader questionnaires.

My point is just that you can't really refute a theory based on the likeliness of it being true or not, because nobody but the creator(s) knows the truth right now.

tohukyo

tohukyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

My vote is for that he thought the school couldn't teach him any more and left voluntarily. Did he become a stray cat after he left or was it during? During would make sense for leaving voluntarily. 

BielT

BielT

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Well so far it seen that he visit polar star dorm really often, so I'm almost sure that he didn't get expelled;

after all i'm not sure someone who get expelled would return there or even be allowed to return.

so i think that he dropped out voluntarily or at least for some condition like the other people said

but i think that he probably leave because he got bored or wanted to seen new things that the school couldn't teach

like the really exotic food he like to cook.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

He probably quit by his own decision. He probably felt that exploring the world's cuisine would be better than staying in Tootsuki, at the time. Or probably something deeper, like not liking how the school treated the students. I'm sure he was like Soma back then, clearly giving no f***s that's why it was easy for him to leave. We'll probably not know the reason till the middle or near the end of the manga but again, this is all speculation.

Edited by Starkiller, 19 June 2015 - 02:26 PM.

vizuaLize

vizuaLize

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

he probably thought he wouldn't learn anything else from the school and thought he could travel and learn new things first hand. 

poolofd3ath

poolofd3ath

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Jouichirou was once called "The Asura", right? My theory is Jouichirou is a hot-headed person who always challenges people he like and destroys them. Then he meet his wife (who was also a student, maybe), duel here with Shokugeki and was defeated by her cooking. Jouichirou was confused. His wife then left Tootsuki and Jouichirou followed her and had many adventures (in cooking of course). That's why the Polar Star dorm mother told him that he finally learn how to "cook with kindness" because that's how his wife cooks.

g6397204

g6397204

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I don't think Soma's mother was at Tootsuki. I think she was working at her family's small dinner, and Jouichirou stopped for a bite to eat one day while wandering through. My guess is it was love at first bite, and he was so infatuated by her and her cooking that he dropped out to stay with her instead.

Jouichirou doesn't use his original last name. That means he probably took his wife's last name when they married, not unheard of in Japan. Probably a condition she or her family made so that the dinner could stay in the family and keep the same name when he inherited it.

Sawa-chan

Sawa-chan

Potato Sprout

• Ace of Diamond Brigade
  • 2 posts

i think he quit Tootsuki to be with his wife longer,odds are both knew she would die after conceiving Souma,maybe of some health issues...He preferred to stay with his beloved rather than school,whom he would care for with his cooking..

Jano

Jano

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I don't think Soma's mother was at Tootsuki. I think she was working at her family's small dinner, and Jouichirou stopped for a bite to eat one day while wandering through. My guess is it was love at first bite, and he was so infatuated by her and her cooking that he dropped out to stay with her instead.

Jouichirou doesn't use his original last name. That means he probably took his wife's last name when they married, not unheard of in Japan. Probably a condition she or her family made so that the dinner could stay in the family and keep the same name when he inherited it.

this theory makes me sense.

but also I considered that Joichiro was transferred to another school (Outside of Japan?) too see the real world of cousine whit his own eyes (and tongue :P) or maybe he quit for some condition like the other people said (different viewpoints, arrogance of Nakiri's clan, etc...) 

uLbPmsz.png