Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Which "fads" ARE you into?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
Fads? So we have a thread for the "fads" we just don't get, but what about the ones we secretly love? Those guilty (or not so guilty) pleasures.

I bet you planked!

Nerd glasses, Bop-It, those Korean hula hoops of doom dieting, Tamagotchis, man buns? Dip dye hair? Drop crotches? What about twerking? A dozen phone straps way back when? Did you get on the hipster bandwagon? Or maybe the selfie revolution? PEZ dispensers, super-duper-ridiculously tight skinny jeans, temp tatts? Confess your sins.

I say fads, but really some things are just a way of life and need to be mentioned here regardless.

Spoiler

What's yours? Loud and proud!

Edited by Yan Q, 20 May 2015 - 04:48 PM.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Slap bracelets.  Mind-blowing as a child, and as a result, broken in 20 minutes.

Edited by clamzoopa, 20 May 2015 - 04:53 PM.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
I follow LeBron James and Stephen Curry, don't care if people call me a bandwagon fan.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
I like those hipster photos of lakes/mountains/sky with helvetica fonts quotes on em

So wrong and hipster, but i cant help it

aovnZo7.png

Shiroyabu

Shiroyabu

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Locationdrinking coffe with Paarthurnax

STICKERS!!!!, but, not the Facebook ones~

The thing is I do not like pasting them on my stuff, I just like having them there.... Maybe paste one or two on a notebook or something, but that's it!

And God only knows what would I have if I lay my hands on... sticker paper? and a laser printer! 0w0  

I even have stickers for numbers and letters ;w;

"I swim through a sea of stars                         "That's no good. Was I asleep?                         "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
without looking back to shore.                           No matter how much I sleep,                             -"I am Alduin. Most mighty of any in the world!"
Faster than light, bending time                          the exhaustion doesn't go away..."                              —Alduin, (Elder Scrolls V, The)
                                                                                   —Kenjirou (Kagerou Project)
Forever
Wherever"             —R-Type Final

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

I like those hipster photos of lakes/mountains/sky with helvetica fonts quotes on em
So wrong and hipster, but i cant help it

That is filth. You are a disgusting creature.

I totally digged (dug?) those weird youtube challenges. I never did it myself, but it cracked me up seeing all those other idiots people do them.
Milk and OJ challenge? Cinnamon challenge? Salt and ice challenge? Bring on the boys.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

QueenOfRandomness

QueenOfRandomness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Fedoras. And I feel no shame. But then again, I love hats period.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

That is filth. You are a disgusting creature.

I totally digged (dug?) those weird youtube challenges. I never did it myself, but it cracked me up seeing all those other idiots people do them.
Milk and OJ challenge? Cinnamon challenge? Salt and ice challenge? Bring on the boys.

I KNOW, BUT LOOK AT SHIT LIKE THIS NGHHH

365-Quotes9-560x344.png

photosjulian-bialowas-29.png

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *insert middle finger gif*

aovnZo7.png

LeturLefr

LeturLefr

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Town Of Duwang

Drop crotches

Just why......

I like Crocs too, it's a really nice sandal, it cover your feet and easy to slip in/out, althrough it's much more annoying if it got wet (by rain, etc) than normal sandals.

My guilty pleasure is this kind of emo(?) hair:

Spoiler

I just like the way it looks, I mean, I'm far away for being an "Emo" (like why the f they use that torturing "super-duper-ridiculously tight skinny jeans"? It's hard to put it in+out, no wonder they got depressed) and I like that hair ever since I'm on my middle/highschool (around 2004+) and that's because some kind of manga/anime character, and about 2 years ago I decided to do that, well I'm fine my lecturer in univ makes joke about "I can't see shit, etc" but what annoys me when my friend saying I look like sasuke? I know sasuke is an edgy kid, but wow,

And the other thing that made me like that hair is this profile picture of mine (at that moments):

Spoiler

My hair is short now (like a "Normal" one), but I still like that hair~

And I really love "Cutbray" jeans (don't know what they say in english), but it was fad like 40-50 years ago...

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

and how do you even walk in these?

How do you walk in these?
Spoiler

And please, get on my level. I don't do drop crotches, I go for sarouels *spoken in a bitchy rich american white girl accent* (think super comfy pants you get in thailand and bali, now imagine it in black, with huge pockets and better fabric. Tadah)

(And actually, Yohji did a collab with Evangelion back in... '13? '14? Some cool stuff.)

Edited by Yan Q, 21 May 2015 - 01:19 PM.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

LeturLefr

LeturLefr

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Town Of Duwang

bell-bottoms? From the 70s?

Yes, it's that, althrough the one I had has more small diameters like, only half as wide as that picture

and how do you even walk in these?

nilo-drop-crotch-jeans-e1359128128453.jp

If you talkin' about this size:

Spoiler

Then I don't know, hell I won't even wear those, the size I used is almost like this guy in black guy:

Spoiler

How do you walk in these?

Spoiler

I need an eyebleach

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Now I can see it..

didnt change anything about it :P

anyway, im also into snapbacks, though i currently have none, cause any sort of hat looks ridiculous on my head :(

aovnZo7.png

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

Robot Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 767 posts

- stick to the topic (i.e. mention fads you are into in your posts)
- take chatting elsewhere
- (@yan:) if you encourage people to mention what unpopular things they are into, don't diss them for that...

Global-Mod-in-Disguise

怒りの鉄拳!正義の鉄拳! 悪を打ち砕くために ijqDjd4OWWdmm.gif

<Daktyl button>

Habit: moving off-topic talks to this thread

| Batoto FAQ (WIP) |

| KeyNote || TheSage |

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

- stick to the topic (i.e. mention fads you are into in your posts)
- take chatting elsewhere
- (@yan:) if you encourage people to mention what unpopular things they are into, don't diss them for that...

Yes mum. I won't diss anyone except hottie. I promise.

So what's your secret fadfetish pon?
Actually... I do secretly like those quote posts. But not the ones that hottie posted.

Does no else like those movie screencaps with subtitles?
disease-girl-interrupted-mental-movie-st
Spoiler

Edited by Yan Q, 22 May 2015 - 01:18 PM.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Shiroyabu

Shiroyabu

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts

Actually... I do secretly like those quote posts. But not the ones that hottie posted.
Does no else like those movie screencaps with subtitles? disease-girl-interrupted-mental-movie-st

Spoiler

I do!

> and also, another fad of mine may be that when am watching anime I have this thing that I take a screenshot whenever a notable or strong expression is drawn or showed by any character, even to faces they make.

"I swim through a sea of stars                         "That's no good. Was I asleep?                         "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
without looking back to shore.                           No matter how much I sleep,                             -"I am Alduin. Most mighty of any in the world!"
Faster than light, bending time                          the exhaustion doesn't go away..."                              —Alduin, (Elder Scrolls V, The)
Forever

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

I do!
> and also, another fad of mine may be that when am watching anime I have this thing that I take a screenshot whenever a notable or strong expression is drawn or showed by any character, even to faces they make.

You mean as reference to draw? I do that too. But for... humans. Burberry acoustic artists have some great facial expressions!

I feel the need to say this even if it's obvious.
Those small tattoos that were everywhere in 2011~2012 ish.
It got people open to the idea that tatts aren't just for the really hardcore peeps. A small one by your ankle, on your ribs, your wrist, behind your ear. You don't have to start with a sleeve. So yes. That fad.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Shiroyabu

Shiroyabu

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts

You mean as reference to draw? I do that too. But for... humans. Burberry acoustic artists have some great facial expressions!
I feel the need to say this even if it's obvious.
Those small tattoos that were everywhere in 2011~2012 ish.
It got people open to the idea that tatts aren't just for the really hardcore peeps. A small one by your ankle, on your ribs, your wrist, behind your ear. You don't have to start with a sleeve. So yes. That fad.

Well...... Not every single time as reference, some are much more for.... my own amusement, if I may say.

And yeah little tattoos look nice, like small phrases or creatures!

Forever

Spoiler

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl
i was a victim of the "rad cool marina edits aliens goop pizza dogs with sunglasses" kind of thing that came out of tumblr going early 00s/90s kids in like 2012

I was a victim of fishnet arm sleeves and taking photos of myself crying with a sorrowful message like "today, i remembered the days we shared. why did you leave me like this? well i dont care anymore. I'm going to find someone better than you, I don't need a background character like you to be in my story anymore. Thsi is not the end, this is The And."

Currently I am a victim of only wearing high waisted anythings, and chokers. Thank god I'm not doing the jesus sandals though. those are 2 much.

Attached Files

Edited by elixer, 24 May 2015 - 10:14 PM.

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

i was a victim of the "rad cool marina edits aliens goop pizza dogs with sunglasses" kind of thing that came out of tumblr going early 00s/90s kids in like 2012

wtf are those? Sounds rad. Aliens are totally my thing.

I wear chokers. My friends make them for me, because they know I'll wear literally anything. I didn't know they were a fad though!

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Inys

Inys

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 351 posts

everyone knows that wearing gold chains is kewl and that's why I used to wear one

Edited by Inys, 25 May 2015 - 04:08 PM.