Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Differences between LN and Manhua

Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

darkdoepie

darkdoepie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

- The Mage teacher linley has in the beginning is a female instead of a male.

Personally i dislike this because i liked the relation between linley and grandpa doehring, wich most likely wont be the same with a female teacher.

- The mention of the baruch family history of a rank 8 warrior and sculpture.

In the LN there is a mention (about 3 times) of linleys grandfather that he was a rank 8 warrior but no mention of him sculpting (only mention about a family member sculpting is his father).

- In the LN Bebe is described as a black rat ( at first tought to be a shadowmouse) yet in the manhua he is a white mouse.

To me the appearance of bebe in the manhua is pretty awesome he looks pretty badass

Any information that is wrong i am sorry its been a few weeks since i read the beginning of Coiling Dragon LN.

(The raws are at chapter 94, When linley returns to his hometown after escaping imprisonment by the radiant church)

Edited by darkdoepie, 26 March 2015 - 05:50 PM.

dim1

dim1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The only reason to change the gender would be to set up the mage teacher as the mother figure Linley lacked, which isn't necessarily a bad turn if done properly depending on how much his/her role changes respect to manhua from the LN

iPhantom

iPhantom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Personally I really look forward to the relationship that builds between Linley and his female teacher

SlyMonster

SlyMonster

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Linlei's grandfather was a 7 step warrior

Ash.

Ash.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I have read almost all of the chapters of the LN and I honestly think it would've been better if the Mage was Grandpa instead of "Grandma" I haven't read much of the Manhua but from the first chapter alone I was done with it. Almost everything in the Manhua feels different from the LN. 

I honestly think if they made it Grandpa and actually drew Bebe out to be a better looking I wouldn't have mind reading it but now its all disappointing because what I had imagined when reading the manhua is completely different. 

1.jpg

Within the image you could see "Bebe" and I imagined him to be something like this but a bit bigger IMO.

Edited by Ash., 01 July 2015 - 12:13 AM.