Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Lucid Dreams chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

This looks interesting so far.

As far as her sister, he won't be able to know her, since he never met her before. She will be a shadow, he'd have to drag out a unknown person.  Maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

But maybe he won't want to risk resurrecting a unknown person. Also he has to convince them to work with them, so knowing them or not will be a issue with that too.

So maybe he will start teaching her to lucid dream so she can get her own sister out, assuming she doesn't wander off. (maybe she won't be the type to wander)

Another issue arises. How will they explain her coming back. As outrageous as her still being alive is, the truth is even more ridiculous.  Also, if she goes back, especially with the truth, will she be spared the time to learn to lucid dream in order to resurrect her sister. Unless, (prediction in 3. 2. 1..) she lets people continue to think of her as dead, and holes up in his room as she practices lucid dreaming.

Edited by truepurple, 08 March 2015 - 04:38 AM.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

as i've got lucid dreams i'm interested in this.

it seems he's more of a guide to the underworld than a dreamer though.

for communication as is world is constant he can just write something in it to communicate with the beings no?

That would be so fäck'd up if i could bring things from my dreams too lol

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

for communication as is world is constant he can just write something in it to communicate with the beings no?

They can't recognize (see as a semi shapeless blackish blob) anything they haven't seen before. Assuming he could find a piece of paper both of them have seen before, if he alters it with writing, then it would be unseen before, right? 

Anyway, all such things is still vague enough to be in the domain of 'What ever the author says is going to make as much sense as anything else'

But yeah, a good idea he should try. But characters rarely seem to try to get clever in these comics,

Edited by truepurple, 01 April 2015 - 12:21 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

If she can't understand what he is saying, why did she come? I suppose the fact that he is saying anything at all.  How long is he going to walk around before he brings her back? He kinda already figured he wouldn't be able to recognize her.

I wonder if someone else comes up to him while he is calling, what then?

Why is he so scared of resurrecting more people? Did he feel depleted after the first? Otherwise he could resurrect the one following him, and if it isn't the sister, go back.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

przykladzik, on 04 Apr 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

did he just... take the little Jiwoon and left her sister? I'm so confused

Probably going to leave the sister, but the identity of the one with the red dress we don't know. Maybe some malevolent force that should not appear in the world, taking advantage of his memories.

Maybe some ghosts who have lived in this shadow land for a long awhile, not crossing over, the one with the dress, found it and put it on. And now this being is going to want him to bring over more of them. Now that I just thought of it, I  bet it's this.

For it being a old version of Jiwoon she left behind, I doubt it, he knew her then. So he would be able to see her, instead of a shadowy blob.

Edited by truepurple, 04 April 2015 - 11:56 AM.

Guest_Ava_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Ava_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Probably going to leave the sister, but the identity of the one with the red dress we don't know. Maybe some malevolent force that should not appear in the world, taking advantage of his memories.

Maybe some ghosts who have lived in this shadow land for a long awhile, not crossing over, the one with the dress, found it and put it on. And now this being is going to want him to bring over more of them. Now that I just thought of it, I  bet it's this.

For it being a old version of Jiwoon she left behind, I doubt it, he knew her then. So he would be able to see her, instead of a shadowy blob.

Quite the misunderstanding here. The one in the red dress is Jihae, the little sister of Jiwon. The main reason he recognized the red dress is because he saw it before irl. In Episode 7, Raeeum was holding onto a shadow figure that had no relation to him nor the sisters, he realizes this with the red dress and chases after that and, I guess, ditches the shadow figure (though quite the plot hole here, but what happened to the shadow figure he was dragging along before he found Jihae?). He even explicitly states that Jihae was wearing a hand-me-down and probably drowned wearing it (which explains why she's wearing it in the lucid dream). Jiwon is not at all in the dream, she doesn't have the ability to as a living being.

If she can't understand what he is saying, why did she come? I suppose the fact that he is saying anything at all.  How long is he going to walk around before he brings her back? He kinda already figured he wouldn't be able to recognize her.

I wonder if someone else comes up to him while he is calling, what then?

Why is he so scared of resurrecting more people? Did he feel depleted after the first? Otherwise he could resurrect the one following him, and if it isn't the sister, go back.

I believe he's scared of resurrecting more people is because it defies the world's laws also because of he was sort of traumatised by bringing over the shadow of a curled up fetus (I believe it's a fetus?). They aren't suppose to be alive. Also because he doesn't know the people he's reviving, for all he knows, he could be reviving a serial killer of sorts. Having this connection with Jiwon, he felt most likely a purpose to save her from an accident. The author leaves this open-ended for interpretation I believe, most of the webtoon doesn't really blot too much on detail since it is rather short, but it gives enough information to go off by.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
His reluctance about resurrecting appears after he resurrects Jiwon, he says something like, 'I thought it wouldn't be a big deal and that I would try it, but now..."

Quite the misunderstanding here. The one in the red dress is Jihae, the little sister of Jiwon.

Can you be sure that every show of perspective from Jihae, isn't her seeing him as the shadowy figure?  In other words, two with a red dress. But with the hand me down thing and his feeling of something incongruous, maybe I am wrong.

I didn't remember the hand me down thing, reloading chapter 7. (this comic must use huge image files, takes so long to view)

Looking at chapter 7, even loaded chapter 6 and looked at it. I think you are wrong, not me 2KB

No reference to a hand me down. If there was something convenient like that, it would be mentioned.

Also, look at this from chapter 7 /comics/2015/03/28/l/read551736c10b65a/img000012.png

She tilts her head, the shadowy figure he sees tilts its head.  Then in the next frame, he has the same posture as the shadowy figure she sees, and is talking at the same time as she hears words from the shadowy figure. Throughout all this, his actions mirror what she sees of the shadowy figure holding her hand.

Where as the shadowy figure wearing the red dress is ahead of the shadowy figure she is holding hands with (Jihae was being dragged along, was not ahead of the figure dragging her)

In other words, he was leading Jihae around, but leaves her in order to take with him someone wearing Jiwons destroyed dress (Jiwon probably destroyed it related to the trauma that made her feel like she was behaving too masculine. Then picked up by someone in the nether world) Her sister is also wearing a red dress, but probably a different one she got because she admires her sister and saw a old photo. Besides, if he brings back Jihae, plot runs a little thin, where to go from there. But if he brings back some other being (probably also a little girl, but with lots of attitude), then there is plenty of plot still.

Edited by truepurple, 05 April 2015 - 04:54 PM.