Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Which is better, manga or anime?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Is there crucial stuff left out of the anime?

Is there a novel of this that's better then either? Is there a web and a light novel? Which of those are better?

erisae

erisae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Have seen 2 episodes and the anime is of poor quality. The voice acting is great but the animation is so-so. The pace is terrible, too. Though the action scenes are okay. Better to read the manga and supplement with anime just for the action scenes alone.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

hmm, except I've been watching the anime, only read a chapter or two into the manga. I don't see any problems with the animation, or pacing. Is there anything significant storywise that is left out of or altered in the anime for the worse?

Bloody Sorcerer

Bloody Sorcerer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Except for a few series, the manga version is always superior to the anime.

Is there crucial stuff left out of the anime?

Is there a novel of this that's better then either? Is there a web and a light novel? Which of those are better?

There is no LN, World Trigger is a Shonen Jump title, and one of the most promising ones at that.

From what i've seen, pacing has been a little too fast, and the animation is bad. These are the anime shortcomings, so i'd sugest you watch the anime for fight scenes, but read the manga as the main media

Edited by Bloody Sorcerer, 24 March 2015 - 01:41 PM.

Xenaca

Xenaca

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Can't say I have any issues with the animation style myself. I feel it's fine as is. Is anything missing nope not yet anyhow. I've read the manga clear through like 4-6x, and watched all episodes 4-5x. I do both as I enjoy both, but I will say I will most likely buy the BD's if they come out to the US unless they screw the anime up towards the end. I will also add that they did slightly change in the anime ep 17 dealing with Chika during the sniper testing. It's not really a bad change, but it was slightly different from the manga

Side note never go by others opinions when dealing with pacing or animation style. As it is personal preference

Edited by Xenaca, 24 March 2015 - 02:14 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I can say Blue exorcist was much better as a anime then as a comic, except for that BE only got two seasons, not enough to cover the many chapters of the comic.

Xenaca

Xenaca

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I can say Blue exorcist was much better as a anime then as a comic, except for that BE only got two seasons, not enough to cover the many chapters of the comic.

Haha see we at completely different sides on that. I almost couldn't even stand to watch the last few episodes of Blue Exorcist. I hated the anime version of it

topfiy

topfiy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The manga better because the anime pacing is bad like it goes fast but at the same time it drags things out like I recall a staring scene that was like 5 min of the show like it was some Mexican soap opera or some, the animation is alright at best, and voice acting is good. Plus how it's going I don't think it will be long before we get some filler arcs

z-eon

z-eon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I would, as well, prefer the manga since you get all the info the author means to show (in most cases) without any missing/altering of info. That, and I somewhat find the animation for this series not to my liking, though I do like some parts during the action scenes where the characters move quickly but fluidly. But hey, each to his own.

And may I just add, the last scene between Yoneya and Lamvanein in episode 27 cracked me up. I really didn't see why they had to insert 10 seconds of screaming at the end while repeating the same images.

Edited by kanoushizuka, 29 April 2015 - 05:19 PM.

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

Except for a few series, the manga version is always superior to the anime.

There is no LN, World Trigger is a Shonen Jump title, and one of the most promising ones at that.

From what i've seen, pacing has been a little too fast, and the animation is bad. These are the anime shortcomings, so i'd sugest you watch the anime for fight scenes, but read the manga as the main media

I started reading this when it first started serializing in a japanese magazine, not in SJ officially

The anime isn't very good, and 90% of the time mangas are better than anime.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

i will say that stories that have a lot of strategy are more bearable in animation/live action than in reading. well, that's my personal preference. i dont like reading complicated things.

however since Toei animations did this adaptation... the animation was def lacking.  and lots of random still shots haha. i still enjoyed it though. 

lol roll lol

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

i will say that stories that have a lot of strategy are more bearable in animation/live action than in reading. well, that's my personal preference. i dont like reading complicated things.

however since Toei animations did this adaptation... the animation was def lacking.  and lots of random still shots haha. i still enjoyed it though. 

Last time I checked, the Yugioh manga was FAR BETTER than the anime. You can say that for SOME anime. Like NGNL. But not this.

But to be honest you have to read considerably fast to understand most of the strats and such. I spend about a minute reading any one World Trigger release, but it might be different for others.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler