Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Hexscape: A World of Darkness

youre killing me larry ars magica seven paths wod ugh so tired now

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

3amkVC7.jpg

Chapter Six: The Traditions

“In the dawn, armed with a burning patience, we shall enter the splendid Cities.”

-Arthur Rimbaud, A Season in Hell & Other Poems

Ialian Academy of Wisdom
Dallas, Texas
Time: 14:42

There weren’t that many people to build up an army with, but within a couple of hours, although his brother still hasn’t replied to the text, an action that worried William greatly. Of course, time was pressing, and he didn’t want to let Hunter return to his usual and comfortable routine – it would be difficult to grab answers then.

He had eighteen friends that surrounded him, and the group of nineteen marched into the atelier in which Hunter had walked into. The place was fairly lit, revealing most of the workshop, and the iron pathways that lined the walls, and the numerous forges and benches that filled up the space in the atelier. However, Hunter was nowhere to be seen – he might’ve left, by this point.

As William continued closer to the center of the room, something that sounded like the scratching of a gramophone record, and the famous song by the Clash began to fill up the entire room, as the doors slid themselves shut. A couple of William’s friends ran over to try and open the door, but it was to no avail – they were sealed within this room. The thought that he might’ve walked into a trap caused William’s brow to sweat.

Darling, you gotta let me know.

Should I stay or should I go?

If you say that you are mine,

I’ll be there ‘till the end of time.

So you gotta let me know,

A giggle, perhaps the most feminine and yet the most wild laughter that anyone present in the room has ever heard, rang out from one of the walkways above. All nineteen pair of eyes looked up to see a young girl with white hair and violet eyes, dressed in only black underwear and a black jacket to cover it. The rather skimpy appearance of the pretty girl embarrassed the party present, but the girl simply licked the tip of the fingers making up her right hand, before jumping off from the walkway and landing on one of the benches that was set up underneath.

Spoiler

I’ll always tease, tease, tease

You’re happy when I’m on my knees

One day is fine and the next is black

So if you want me off your back,

Well, come on and let me know,

It seemed as if the girl had no intention to talk to anyone – she didn’t acknowledge any of them as holding up to the energy spent talking to them. Indeed, she was only going to spend her efforts to do this one action, and the rest of this fun play will sustain itself afterwards. Walking slowly up to the party of nineteen, she grabbed one of the paralyzed boys who stood closer to the front, and stroking his chin, lead him back to one of the benches, bringing him on top of her as she lay down across the bench. Smiling in response to the boy’s face, contorted with both arousal and terror, the girl flipped the boy over the bench and raised her fist, repeatedly pounding against the boy’s face.

William watched with terror as he saw his friend beaten to death, and when the girl jumped off the motionless body, the bloody head that stood there was unrecognizable mess of bone and flesh. Licking the hand clean of the boy’s blood, the girl grinned at the other eighteen, and she thought her intention was clear: she wanted them to kill each other, to the very last one. After a moment of silence, the girl finally realized that the shock didn’t allow them to register what she wants, so sighing, she explained.

“Okay, you idiots, you’re going to beat yourselves down to death, last one to survive gets to leave this place, the other eighteen are for me to eat. Got it? Good, now go, before I kill you all myself.”

Should I stay or should I go now?

Should I stay or should I go now?

If I go, there will be trouble.

And if I stay it will be double.

So come on and let me know,

Gillard felt Diane’s arms cross over his shoulder, before he was grabbed into a warm embrace, with his professor rubbing her cheek against the top of his head. Giggling at the surprised look on Gillard’s face, Lilah decided to explain the situation.

“I never brought you here because of Hunter, I brought you here because my older sister has something of a, um, fixation, on younger men, and you fit her profile perfectly.”

Walking over to the grand piano, Lilah bent down and opened up some latch located under the keys, and magazines and manga with boys that had a similar appearance to Gillard fell onto the floor, and the poor boy realized what was going on: he was the object of affection of a surprisingly big pervert, who also happened to be giving his grade for one of the more important subjects in the curriculum.

Diana saw the magazines fall to the floor, and in her embarrassment, released Gillard to go and hide the magazines before anyone else saw them. Gillard watched the debacle, and understood why Diane Sheffield seemed so reclusive – it seemed that outside of the classroom, outside of when she’s a teacher, she can’t seem to talk to anyone outside of her own family. The uniqueness of that shy nature was definitely that – unique.

“Anyways, I did this as a favor for my sister, but you see, regarding Hunter, I also think my dear older sister is also an expert on a name that Cecilia picked up from overhearing Hunter Gray earlier – Lyssa.”

Diane stopped picking up the books, and looked back at both Gillard and Lilah, a frightened look in her eyes. The smile disappeared from Lilah’s face, and walking over to her sister, she spoke in a low voice.

“You know something about this, don’t you, sister?”

Diane looked at the ground, as if in shame, and holding the books closer to her chest, she walked over to the couch, and directed Lilah to return to her seat. With a deep breath, Diane began the subject of the horror Hunter Gray planned to unleash upon the academy.

“A few months ago, Hunter asked to help me in researching a faerie that was rather unique. How he knew about it, I had no idea, but a member of House Mercere would be wonderful to have, since no one else was interested in trying to save the faerie, who was heavily wounded at the time. I needed someone to care for it, and Hunter volunteered his services, so I simply disregarded the fact that he somehow knew about the faerie, especially when the school tries to keep quiet about the professional research being done here; I figured something slipped, I was just grateful for the help.

Around last month, Hunter seemingly changed. He kept on making unwarranted moves on me, and he even attacked me around three weeks ago. I was nearly strangled to death in one of the ateliers, but as I was losing my breath, I could see Hunter’s eyes: they didn’t have any intelligence in them, only insanity. The research I had been doing for around six weeks about the property of the faerie I had been keeping in the atelier all suddenly made sense to me – the faerie was no normal faerie, but a personification of insanity that went by Lyssa.

Just last week, I saw Lyssa standing outside the apartment complex I was staying in. She made no gesture to look for me, so I thought nothing of it – I had been avoiding Hunter since he tried to choke me, but I figured he might have wanted Lyssa to have some fresh air. But, two days after that, one of my neighbors, a nice old man who kept quite a few pets for his company, was torn apart by his own dogs, who went mad. They were put to sleep, and the vets said they contracted rabies, but I understood then – Lyssa was trying to turn me what she did to Hunter, a servant to the insanity she is.”

With a shaky breath, Diane looked down on her lap, as Lilah began to show incredibly concern on her face – she had seen her sister wear a turtleneck recently, and now she understood: it was to hide the strangle marks that had probably left on her neck. Diane did not break down into tears, but she turned her head to look at Gillard.

“I don’t know what Hunter has against you or your brother, but be careful. He has a being that is basically a god on his side. If anything, I would want you to leave this school; I’ll do anything to make sure neither Hunter or Lyssa leaves this place, even if I must be a prisoner here for the rest of my life.”

Edited by Serph Sheffield, 20 February 2015 - 11:46 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Max

There was very little Max understood about this situation. It wasn't so different from most of the things in his life, he supposed--he was used to accompanying Jonathan on whatever inane adventure he had in mind. Usually there was less violence, but not always--Max had done some things in his life. And so while this was certainly the strangest thing he'd seen, it wasn't so odd that he found himself unprepared.

As the clone's foot closed in on his skull, Max put his hands up in defense. From his hands sprouted thick, gnarled branches, which absorbed the shock of the man's kick and quickly began to grow around the foot. Then, much unlike most trees, the gnarled wood grew wickedly pointed spikes, impaling the foot from all angles. Max pivoted his body, carrying the wood and the clown over his head, and smashed him onto the floor.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

The Crew Vs the Banshee

It was brief but, everyone began training in magic. DeShaun would have never thought, though, that he was part of a line of Mages that stemmed from the original Mage, Bonisagus. The man who is said to have introduced the world to magic and he was the only person in the room who was connected. Of course, he inquired about this information during this training. He was a curious person by nature so, there was not a turn unturned when he was undergoing training. Plus, being diligent, he grasped the basics of his magic as quickly as he could but, given the time, mastered only one spell.

Time was short, as previously stated. Anabelle, Evangeline, and DeShaun were all assigned to the empire of the United States. There, they ventured into the state capital in order to take out a rampaging Banshee. Anabelle decided to hand everyone earmuffs and sunglasses. DeShaun took them both as he was sure refusing would lead to a far worse consequence than embarrassment later on.

As they entered the building, nobody was in sight. All that was around were the screams of the Banshee. The group headed over with Jack, a man who needs no introduction, and made it to where the Banshee was located. And then, the Attack came.

Three skulls of magic came towards the group. At that time Anabelle threw three knives of magic at the skulls, good thing, DeShaun was wearing the gear he felt pressured to wear, "Thank God I listened to Anabelle." he knives were to meet the skulls and set off a flash bang and thundering sound.

Following her Attack, DeShaun lifted his arm. His concentration went to his bracelet which began to shine and then, an orb of pure magic power began to form. The aimed in the direction of the skulls and fired off a magic blast, just as he was taught. Either the blast would hit the skull coming towards him or it would hit the Banshee. Of course, following up was Eva, coming in to clobber the guys or bite him, DeShaun knee because he saw her training, I mean, they came into this entire ordeal together, anyways.

OOC
Spoiler

Edited by KDPtheKing, 22 February 2015 - 02:43 PM.

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

a7028c11-7d89-4c35-8d88-ad95d0515b6d_zps

It just never got any easier in the world of magic, did it? The entire Thoth Covenant- and Gideon still didn't entirely trust them- had gotten in a scant few days of training through a quick and easy method before being thrust into the thick of things. Goreman told them an incident had broken out at the White House and that they were being put into action, no excuses permitted. Unease filled him the entire helicopter trip. What were they thinking? Over half the mages present had only just learned of the world, and even thought their first spells had been unlocked by the Compression they were in no shape to be battling high-class terrorist mages. And yet, there they were, off to fight just those. Gideon had little love for the Compression- Basilia had always taught him that hasty training methods lead to hasty defeats. But there were larger problems at hand.

"Milady, WAIT!!!"

But he yelled in vain. As soon as Minerva had seen her father's back, she had begun to tear across the White House grounds toward him. With little time for thought, Gideon had leaped down and raced after her, swiftly closing the gap to a manageable distance; while a sprint would put her firmly ahead, when it came to running over distance his massive strides gave him the edge. However, as they entered the hallway of the building in hot pursuit and come upon their quarry, a blur moved in front of Gideon that was shortly revealed to be an armed lass aiming her sword straight at his stomach!

Unfortunately for her, Gideon was very well versed in combat with foes that could overrun him with speed. As soon as she had moved toward him he had launched himself backwards off of his front foot. The backstep made Ren's sword move slower relative to his senses, and by the time she had adjusted for his dodge one of his mother's daggers had risen to meet and deflect the attack. As soon as the danger was passed, Gideon shifted his weight forward again, bringing the second dagger around in his other hand to strike at Ren's eyes, and right after it came his off-weight foot in a reverse roundhouse aimed at her torso.

Ordinarily the daggers would be one of the last things Gideon would resort to, but in the hallway he wouldn't have enough space for his lance, and moreover he did not have the time to try and gauge this opponents; Minerva had kept going, losing all pretense of her sanity from the words she spat at her father. Gideon Sorias was not playing around this time!

Edited by Hero of Ishval, 22 February 2015 - 06:26 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

|| Gillard Pollux von Leviathos

| Ialian Academy of Wisdoms

| Dallas, Texas

Now that's not what I had expected. I have never thought a woman rubbing her cheek on my hair could be so.. pleasant? My heart skipped a beat there, to tell you the truth. Professor Diane is into younger men? And what's more, ones with similar physique with me? I am unsure on how to feel right now. But let's keep that for later time. We have more pressing matter at hand. With that said, I tried to hide my fluster and listened to the sisters' story, which grew darker and more grim with each word uttered. Once Professor Diane finished her part of the story, I finally got the chance to exhale and relax my posture a little. I was so tense I forgot to breathe at a certain point there. Still..

"Something did not add up," was what my mind is telling me all the while I was listening to Diane's story. I am not fully sure what it was that made me doubt the words of this particularly charming (yet.. unique, for the lack of better words) lady in front of me. Her tone and expression were sincere, if I were to say so myself. Yet, I feel like she's still hiding things from me. And her kindness she's displaying, it's a little bit too much for someone whom she just get to know a little while ago. Sure, maybe I fit the profile of her ideal partner, but does that warrant her willingness to sacrifice herself for my safety? If she were a person of the average morality I'd say, with a confidence level of 80%, the answer is a no.

Regardless, none of that matters. No matter what the Sheffield's intention, no matter what secret they are hiding, the simple fact is that I cannot pull out from this matter. If she were sincere, then it'd be terrible of me not to believe her. If she were trying to manipulate me, it's of my best interest to make her think I'm easy to manipulate. Whatever the truth is, the end result is still the same. I cannot not involve myself with this Faerie business. Especially after I read this text my brother sent me around two hours ago.. Which I failed to notice earlier thanks to Diane's.. um.. distraction.

"So basically you're saying I should forget everything about this whole affair, selfishly leave you to take matter to your own, and leave the academy with my tail between my legs?" I summarized Diane's story in the most provocative way I can think of. A change of pace, if I may. I just want to see how the girls would react at this point. They are pretty hard to read, for some reason. "I cannot have that, can I? My brother is risking his safety to see what Hunter is up to as we speak. I cannot abandon him. Nor can I abandon you."

Ok, now I just sound like I'm trying too hard to impress the ladies. I should stop before I embarrass myself.

"I'm going to meet up with him now. I'd love to continue this conversation later on, if you don't mind. I still have a lot of questions to ask," I declared with a bow. And before I left, "by the way, have you ever heard of the name 'Odette'?"

Edited by fayrine, 23 February 2015 - 04:47 PM.

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

William, Denial of the Power

“Ishishishishiii” All William could do witnessing the events unfolding in front of him was laugh nervously. Sweat ran down the side of his head as Will watched his friends lifeless body just layed there. There was no escape, it felt as if he stared at death… and death just declared its game for the evening.

a death game? you have got to be completely bullshitting me like fucking hell I will play along with this. As William innerly cursed at everything he took a deep breath and laughed again holding out his hand in a fashion similar to if he was holding a wine glass out.

“Ishishishishiii, Dear madam you showed a great display of power there, was there any reason to be so brutal though? oh silly me of course there was, you want everyone to break apart in the fear that you are too strong….” Sweat was running down Williams face, what he was planning to do was an all or nothing gamble, he knew full well the only way he could survive was by using others… alone the best he could do is bind long enough to watch his death more slowly.

William knew the dangers, but that was why he decided to pull off his next move. He turned around from the girl and faced his ‘friends’

“listen everyone, she might seem strong, but that is what she wants us to think. Why would she demand us to kill each other for one to live? because one left is easy pickings, nineteen is too much” Death was at his back, William could not falter, he would not falter he had too much to achieve.

“My friends we have to work together to live, alone we are easy pickings but together we can win.” There was only one way William could see himself surviving, and that was by banding everyone together. He will deny everything in order to do so, including the clear dangers they were here to prevent.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Rudy
Japan

Rudy was rather proud of the fact that he'd managed to pay attention to everything that was happening thus far. He had been battling the urge to wander off or stare aimlessly at shiny new buildings since he had arrived in Japan. A colossal achievement for Rudy when he was surrounded with all the flashing lights and people and new foods and, well, everything that he'd never seen before. Usually he'd have vanished into the night and returned drunk and possibly naked a week later.

He'd even been training his barriers since they arrived. Actually training, not just using them for weird lazy-man's tricks. As a result he could use two barriers at once now. A feat he was privately, and even more publicly, happy about. It was a tough trick to manage. One barrier requires concentration and an unwavering command on the rules needed to set it in place. A single misplaced thought can render the barrier useless for its intended purpose. Using two barriers meant doing that same thing. Twice. Simultaneously. To Rudy the sensation of producing two barriers at once felt like cleaving the consciousness in two and setting about achieving different goals with each half. It became easier once you got the feel for it, but it gave him a whole new level of respect for people who can use four or five barriers.

Rudy slipped into this strange new state of mind as the Flea Circus descended, one of them aiming a kick down at Rudy's head. He had realized quite quickly that he didn't enjoy getting kicked in the head and made efforts to stop it. First he placed a barrier horizontally, directly above his own head, with the command to bounce back anything that hits it. And lower down, where the member of the Flea Circus's other leg would land, he made a second horizontal barrier with the instruction to only let things move through in one direction, from top to bottom.

If all went to plan, the lower leg would hit the second barrier first trapping his leg without him realizing. His second barrier would then recieve the kick meant for Rudy's beautiful face and get rocketed back. The Flea Circus member would then have some sort of hip snapping revelation along the lines of "Oh damn, why did I try to hit this guy?". Then he'd be full of regret and painful legs. Rudy would then punch him in the face for good measure.

Misty

Misty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNowheres That Are Islands

Ecaterina was having what in her mind could be called a no good very bad day. Even after she'd been given the pill containing the knowledge in a moment all too matrixy for her to feel comfortable she'd only been left with more questions and they hadn't had time to waste. Before she could even protest or put her foot down further, she was being pushed into a copter and they were flying somewhere with Meera.

When they'd pushed her to go flying down towards the whitehouse, Ecaterina had decided that no matter what happened at this point, she hated each and every single person who was doing this to her. And she was going to find someway somehow to make them pay for it even if it meant getting her hands dirty. This feeling of intense hatred was present upon her face as the undead monstrosity separated her from Marut, the only one who she felt any kinship to and ok, having an undead giant threatening your life also had her a bit irritated.

It was as if there were some God-like story telling figure that was both uncaring and uninterested in her pulling all the strings to continue some mad dash towards some madder conclusion. Well, Ecaterina wasn't happy to be fate's pawn in all this.  She glanced at the separate islands and the beast and made the split second decision that clearly the safest place to be was on the undead monster and with that in mind the gypsy girl took a running start and lunged off her island to land on the undead creature's rather formidable leg where she hung on for dear life.  Why in the hell had they done this to her? She wasn't trained in magic? She didn't even know what to do with anything more frightening than a knife mugger.   And now she was gripping onto the upper thigh of some large zombie monster.  

tumblr_ni6jaspy7M1tgmuxgo1_r1_500.png

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Marut Zvijer

He was lucky to make Ecaterina stop to consider his point and also appreciate the food the girl called Annabelle put out. It was quite a luxury to Marut's own taste buds. He was used to survive on gruel that passed as boar stew back in the Arena. They needed a lot of protein but meats weren't cheap so they have to make do with eating cheaply priced offcuts and offals. Compared to that whatever was being presented even as the dusky lady held a face that this wasn't much was all a matter of perspective. 

He had come to a realization that barring himself and possibly Ecaterina, all the gathered came from uber rich families given their general pomp and flair. Soon, the one who was the target of Ecaterina's original barrage broke his silence and proceeded to tell them outrageous stories about their potential of wizardry. If that was no enough, it was further supplemented by a strange pill they were given as token of the veiled truth that the fine man had unveiled.

Swallowing it wasn't as bad as what came after it. Marut had hated books with a lot of vigor all his nascent life but now, he felt as if entire tomes were being force-fed to him. The side-effect didn't make him any smarter, he was still the multi-lingual musclehead he was, but a strange tattoo appeared on the back of his palm. Something akin to the strange knots he had seen on some Irish brawlers he had fought once. The two knots appeared on both his hands as he came to know that he was a member of a branch called Quaesistor or some thing. Luckily, Ecaterina was of the same tree as were the spoilt princess and one another.

Instead of training to hone their skills though, they were roughly shoved into the helicopters as roughly some of them were brought about. Surprisingly, their destination was none other than the White House. Marut had an unsettling feeling. The last major empire he was in, got its symbol of power blown up, what was to happen here.

His thoughts though were pushed in the background as soon as he landed on the garden and took a look at his opponent. Atleast, ten times larger than him and perhaps even more powerful than his wildest imagination. A cleave from his sword was enough to make a chasm even though his group didn't receive a direct hit. It became clear after a few dodges that they were soon running out of space to jump about, sooner or later they'll fall in a ditch and it would be game over from there.

Marut strained his eyes as he waited for the Behemoth to strike once more and as the mighty one began the upswing after lauching another failed swing, he leapt of the edge of the safe land and landed on the giant's shoulder. He didn't know if his power would be enough, but he had seen the lithe figure of Ecaterina approach the monster from other side, maybe she had an ace up her sleeve, gypsies won't be anything without surprises. He drew his punch back and with full force struck the shoulder joint, the tattoo glowed a faint blue as he felt a shockwave emit from the tip of his contact point, a lower wave went through his body, shaking him. He just hoped that the giant felt a larger impact.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

This Professor was crazy. There was no doubt about that. Mikey gathered that the psychotic bastard had no intention of stopping any time soon: His target most likely the comrades in the shuttle behind him. The bloodthirsty look in the Professor's eyes spelled out incredible killing intent. Cocking his arm back, and balling his hand up into a fist, Mikey focused all of his energy into a single point. Wind began blowing from every direction before concentrating into an incredibly dense area around his hand. Swiftly shooting himself forward, Mikey swung, delivering a bone-shattering punch aimed at the man's face.

"Moon Drop!"

Edited by TG arteezy, 01 March 2015 - 05:08 PM.

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
Frederico Fulc-Este
Getting down to business

“Uhm. What is this?” Frederico asked as Maximillian, Abramson and himself entered a noisy bar full of what he presumed to be white collar workers drinking and singing obnoxiously in little booths.

“Karaoke. Real popular in these parts. We should try it sometimes.”

“I was not aware of this side of Japanese musical culture.” Frederico continued, curiously peering into one of the very lively rooms.

“Musical culture is putting it a bit strongly – but yeah, no, remember why we are here. We are looking for hoboes.”

“I must confess that I am still at a loss as to why people like us are engaging in activities like this. This covenant is a lot more... hands on than the invitation led me to believe.” he said, adjusting his violin case over his shoulder.

“Well, times are changing fast, I fear. This covenant didn't get made so that we could sit around and act mysterious. We got a job to do – and a lot of groundwork to cover tonight. We think these disappearances are linked to magical activity that's not kosher.”

Frederico motioned irritatedly that he understood. The atmosphere was getting to him. The heat, the sounds, and the overpowering smell of cheap alcohol and sweat were making him dizzy and kind of sick. He was happy to finally leave yet another cabaret behind. When they were out, Abramson pulled out a cellphone as they began moving. As he talked, the small group noticed one of the other head mages – Banri, he believed.

The two of them exchanged intel, the purpose of all this still a mystery to all the neophytes present so far. They then proceeded to a black van in which they jammed themselves with more of the new mages. It was very tight in there and there was a tension as if they were about to conduct a police raid. This only increased Frederico's discomfort.
After the drove for a while, they stopped abruptly. Frederico, wanting to ask what was happening, peaked through the divider, only to see the front window painted blood red. He didn't scream or shout, but he felt a sinking sensation in his stomach and sweat welling up in his armpits. After some moving around and confused discussions the back doors flew upon, and Bryjna led them out of the vehicule.

Abramson and I are going to drive this vehicle straight into that man. All of you are going to step out and make a run into the building. You’re the leader of this group, Banri. On three.”

Wait what. It dawned on Frederico that this covenant was perhaps not another social circle meant to facilitate the exchanges of ideas on magic or other more magely things. This was about to get properly hands on. The fighting kind of hands on.

The small group followed through Abramson spirited car assault, Frederico trailing behind, his cardio admittedly a bit lagging. The group was stalled by the appearance of a man disguised like a complete clown.

Correction, men. 8 identical men stood before them. And they leaped into action with great violence, like roaring water coming down upon them. Frederico only had time to bring up his violin case to block the high kick that was coming straight for his head.  The force of the blow jammed the case right into his face. It occurred to him that he should have probably dodged instead. His nose made an unfortunate sound and he fell backward, bleeding profusely from his face. The taste of iron and snot poured into his mouth and pain radiated from the middle of his face. He spat blood, mucus and curses in at least two different languages as he expertly opened his violin case, furor in his eyes. The ass-clown, grinning wildly and mockingly at him, came at him with some soaring crane bullshit that Frederico did not recognize. He never watched martial arts movie. He had seen some Chinese operas though, and he knew that these martial arts were mostly exaggerated for the pleasure of the eye. In contrast to the oriental curves and flowing movements of his opponent, Frederico stabbed the man in the face with his violin bow, a direct, linear, western aggression straight to clown's visage. He caught the clown by surprise and right beneath the eye, sending him staggering back - more shocked than hurt. 

This provided Frederico with an opening to lay his bow upon the strings. His eyes were burning with anger and hatred - but he took in a breath, a coughing chopped breath - and he seemed suddenly much more serene and intense. Concentrated. Cooled. Focused. And he began to hum as he played. He was not even looking at the garrish adversary as he began playing on his violin. 

But as the music picked up, he opened his eyes once again, and his anger was very much alive once more, though it no longer twisted his face. He was of marble stained in red. Seeing no obvious effect on himself or Frederico, the clown looked mockingly upon him as he reared up to attack once more. This time, though, Frederico dodged - swiftly, gracefully, effortlessly, his whole body in-sync with the tempo of the music. And as the music swelled, so did his speed, and he answered the clown's attack with a vicious side-kick, enhanced by the music of House of Jerbiton. 

Mendelssohn, Violin Concerto in E minor Op. 64

Edited by Vafhudr, 05 March 2015 - 05:01 PM.

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
Oscar wasn't up to this. She'd agreed to come along - under duress - but had expected to merely be emergency support. Some moron gets hit by a lightning bolt and she'd put their face back together.

Now she was under attack by gay clowns. Where did her life go so wrong?

The time between her meeting and now had been strange and rushed. Ms Hagen wasn't a hundred percent sure how to treat Jamie; unlike most students Jamie had already stumbled into a bizarre working system already. Rather than try to break her talents down and rebuild them Hagen attempted to refine the foreign technique into something more effective. It had fairly good results.

Not everything was peachy though. Jamie had gotten into arguments with Hagen several times and at one point the two had a full blown shouting match over a test. Hagen had wanted to try Jamie's skills on a man at death's door - but Jamie stuck steadfast to her belief in the importance of death and refused outright to even consider it. Unable to convince the girl to break her ideology, Hagen instead had arranged for Jamie to deal with a critical patient in the local hospital's emergency room.

Despite their differences Jamie couldn't bring herself to hate the woman like she did everyone else. Even in the nicer people Jamie knew there was a lurking issue. Many of them did good not for the sake of doing good but so they could internally congratulate themselves for doing good. She didn't get that feeling from Hagen.

Music haunted the air and Oscar suddenly found herself feeling more alert. The gay clowns attacked and one of them attempted to leap up and downkick the girl. Faster than she should have been she stepped forward, closing in on the clown and avoiding being the anvil to the clown's hammer foot. The Other Side was harder for Oscar to manipulate but she did what she could. Wielding whatever control death was willing to give her, she threw a punch at the clowns gonads.

Oscar hated clowns.

ika4QNM.png