Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Hexscape: A World of Darkness

youre killing me larry ars magica seven paths wod ugh so tired now

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. All resemblances to any locations, people, or events in the real world are coincidence.

5bLh2Ti.jpg

Chapter One: The Night of Aleph

“Abysses of amnesia continually opened beneath him, but he could bridge them, nimbly, by fluent confabulations and fictions of all kinds. For him, they were not fictions, but how he suddenly saw, or interpreted, the world. Its radical flux and incoherence could not be tolerated, acknowledged, for an instant – there was, instead, this strange, delirious, quasi-coherence, as Mr. Thompson, with his ceaseless, unconscious, quick-fire inventions, continually improvised a world around him – an Arabian Nights world, a phantasmagoria, a dream, of ever-changing people, figures, situations – continual, kaleidoscopic mutations and transformations. For Mr. Thompson, however, it was not a tissue of ever-changing, evanescent fancies and illusion, but a wholly normal, stable, and factual world. So far as he was concerned, there was nothing the matter.”

-       Oliver Sacks, in “A Matter of Identity”,

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other

Clinical Tales

The Island of Crete

The Ruins of Knossos, Five Years Before The Present

Time: 15:37

Amongst the many stories that would circle around the Ashirra and Camarilla communities was that there was a young girl living in the ruins of an ancient city, the remnants of a dark maze that once served as the home of a terrible creature of legend: the Minotaur. Of course, Emir al-Jawar did his research – the young girl, more famously known as the Oracle of Knossos, had decided to relocate to a more comfortable setting: a small house on the other side of the island, far from her previous locations within the ruins of Knossos.

The cliff where the house could be found was once considered the most precious spot on Crete by the native fishermen; the view of the Mediterranean was unmatched, and the ocean breeze that came in during the afternoon was incredibly refreshing when it wasn’t too cold. Today was graced with a sky with no clouds, and activity buzzed throughout all parts of Crete.

Except on this cliff.

Hands in his coat, and collar folded upwards to help block some of the breeze, since it was unfortunate that he was subject to a day where the breeze was just a little bit too chilly, Emir slowly made his way to the house on the cliff. The Oracle of Knossos was a vampire, only willing to bequeath its abilities amongst its own Kindred, but Emir had more or less attained the body of a vampire, without the environmental weakness of sunlight, through the training of the magic House Merinita. He was confident he would pass the requirements to be a vampire and have his future told.

As he quickly jumped up the steps to the porch, Emir raised his right hand out of his coat pocket and tapped the door in greeting. His only reply was silence, but that was to be expected. Removing his other hand from the coat pocket, Emir raised his left leg close to his chest, and threw it out, smashing the door inwards and crushing it into splinters of wood. Amidst the sound of debris falling to the floor, shrieks and roars could be heard. Reaching for his belt, Emir removed a silver revolver and slowly walked in, turning his head towards different directions.

A shadow leaped rather quickly towards Emir, but the sorcerer was superior in both speed and strength, and with his free hand grabbed the attacking vampire by its head. The hunchback vampire Emir held tightly by the head flailed its gnarled limbs, its incredibly large dark eyes burning with anger and its scraggly gray hair flying over the place. Emir couldn’t help but chuckle – the vampire looked like an overgrown bat, and it was an amusing sight.

Shrieks came out from the surrounding areas, and Emir tossed the vampire onto the ground. Aiming the revolver towards the vampire’s head, Emir shot it several times, and the hunchback vampire was still. Snarling, Emir quickly turned backwards and dug his fangs into the shoulders of a harpy-like creature. The horrid creature screamed in pain as Emir drank some of its tainted blood, and when he released the demon from his jaws, black wings resembling that of the black creature sprouted from his back.

Two more shadows came out from the darkness, and Emir simply moved his wings, causing the shadows to stumble in mid-air before landing on the ground. Emir aimed his gun towards the back of the first harpy he brought down, before a voice in the back caused him to consider otherwise.

“Stop it!

Emir looked up and saw the person he had been seeking: the Oracle of Knossos. She was a young girl, probably no older than eleven in terms of appearance, but she was thousands of years old, and responsible for prophecies that had happened in the stories. Aristotle and Plato wrote of the Pythia, and the last of them stood in front of Emir.

“I am Erianthe, the Oracle of Knossos. Speak, intruder, and allow my…guardians to be free.”

Emir tilted his head to the side; based on her tone of voice, it didn’t seem like the Oracle cared too much for these demonic creatures. He followed through with her request, and disengaged the lock on his firing hammer of the revolver. Putting the weapon away in his coat, the black wings retreated into Emir’s back once more, and he slowly walked past the harpies on the floor, stopping in front of the Oracle. The two of them stared silently at each other.

“You’re a hateful creature, a trespassing vampire that harmed the Erinyes and murdered Argus, but I shall tell you the next prophecy of the world.”

Emir smiled in response, and he watched as the girl slowly made her way to a simple wooden chair that remained undamaged. Dusting her white dress, the Oracle sat down on the chair and made herself comfortable. She took a deep breath, and then her neck jerked back, her mouth opening up in a silent scream. Her eyes rolled back into her head, and the house began to shake violently.

And in just a moment, the shaking stopped, and the Oracle’s head jerked back forward, the white of her eyes staring towards Emir. She rose from the chair, and began to levitate into the air, slowly moving towards Emir before stopping a few feet in front of him. With a snarl, the Oracle began to recite the future.

“He who reveals his mind during the Night of Aleph

shall upset the traditions of the world,

the technologies of man,

and the cultures of countries.”

Her head lolled to the side, as if to intimidate Emir, but the sorcerer stood there, still smiling with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“The fourteenth house will be born

when the center of time greets the birth of the next day.”

Upon hearing mention of the fourteenth house, the smirk left Emir’s face and was replaced with a puzzled frown. There had only been thirteen houses within the Order of Hermes, and it seemed unlikely for any group within the Traditions to suddenly create a new organization under the banner of Hermetic theory. It’s not so simple to create a new form of magic.

“Practices are broken, laws are rewritten,

for the progenitor of all that is right will be reborn,

and bring his wrath upon the world that has tainted abused his words.”

The progenitor of magic…that could only refer to Bonisagus, but why would he seek vengeance upon the world? The Order of Hermes made it its sole mission to practice Bonisagus’s wishes even to present day. The words of the Oracle began to disturb Emir – it seemed the stories of hearing the future and the reaction it makes the human mind have were true.

“All will be red, all will be gray, all will be white.

All forms of reason are abandoned, and the realm is reset,

blank for magic itself to create once more.”

Does the Oracle speak of the end of the world? Emir’s head began to hurt, and he grabbed his head, feeling himself sweat rather profusely. This was strange – ever since he achieved the ultimate replication of a vampire’s body, Emir had never remembered sweating during any occasion.

“The three beasts shall rise as the Whore becomes the Queen,

and Heaven shall be damned

when the shadows of the Scourge of God

finally takes his throne.”

Emir felt himself collapse, his head pounding. His vision began to turn black, and he struggled not to fall unconscious. He snarled at the Oracle of Knossos, who simply stood before him with an expressionless face.

“The future is what drives the mind into madness. I imagine feeling like this for a few more years would make you want to tear your own brain out.”

And with that, the Oracle grabbed a long wooden bar from the floor, a remnant of a table destroyed during the earlier battle, and the girl swung the bar with all of her strength, smashing it against Emir’s left temple, and the blow finally drove him into the oblivion.

Rancho Los Amigos Hospital

Downey, California, One Year Before The Present

Time: 20:16

Contrary to popular belief, the campus that is remembered by the name “Downey Insane Asyulm” was not in fact an abandoned hospital. Even with the occasional military drills that would happen from time, it served another purpose: home to the insane members of the magical world. Much of the units within the actual building are no longer used, but a floor underground, accessed only by means of a hidden door.

Today was the day where the Traditions send a adjudicator to check up on the magically-imprisoned inmates. Centuries ago, places like these would’ve been filled to the brim with insane magicians, but lessons were learned over time, and the rate in which mages seem to go insane due to an accident during a ritual was almost zero to none. As of now, there were only four inmates within this underground prison.

The first three were incredibly unresponsive – not uncommon, given that after the initial burst of madness, it seems like the soul died alongside the magic. There was nothing there except a breathing body, void of purpose and thought. It was truly a tragic fate, but that is one that can only happen when you do not succeed in a magical project.

Looking over the charts that were given to him, the adjudicator muttered under his breath as he made his way to the last cell.

“Name is Emil Jansen, goes by ‘Emir al-Jawar’. He was christened this name when he decided to convert to Islam, and was notorious to have aided several extremist organizations, including Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Judging by the interviews conducted in the past two years, he does not truly support the religion or their goals: rather, he seemingly enjoys violence, and simply put himself in a place where he could have what he believed to be ‘murder that was within the boundaries of the law’.”

Slightly disturbed and mostly disgusted, the adjudicator continued to flip through the file, discovering that Emil was of German descent, and ultimately part of House Merinita, in which he was promptly excommunicated from prior to his acceptance into the asylum, due to his heinous activities, which came to light around four years ago.

“Acquaintances mention that he used to be a rather cocky person, but a visit to Greece seemingly changed him; he often complained of headaches, and it didn’t seem like he could sleep. He began to tear his hair off in different places during his stay in the asylum, and refused to speak or even eat. How he has managed to survive without eating or drinking was nothing short of abnormal – it seemed like he fed off the magic that floated down these dark halls.”

Well, if anything, the doctor who wrote this has a knack for fancy writing. Wonder what he’s doing now?

Upon reaching Emil’s cell, the adjudicator could hear something, much like a radio playing in the room. Looking into the charts, it seemed that the only thing Emil kept maintained was a radio that he requested upon being assigned into this room. Words could be heard – it sounded like a late night talk show. The host sounded like a fairly energetic woman, with a voice that was rather alluring.

“Good evening, L.A.! Did ya miss me? Judging by the way the boards just lit up, I’d say you couldn’t live without me. You callers sure know how to make a woman feel desirable. So many callers, so little time…but hey, don’t let your hearts get broken if you can’t reach me tonight, because I’m going to be here each and every A.M. So keep dialing that magic number, and perhaps you’ll be as fortunate as this caller. What’s your name, night owl?”

A cough be heard, followed by a tired and a rather rough voice.

“Hello, Karen. This is, um, James.”

Hello, James. Up late, aren’t we?”

There was a silence, before the caller spoke again.

“Well, there, Karen, I work the night shift here at the power plant, and pretty much alone, and the only thing that gets me through this godforsaken shift is your pretty, little voice.”

“Why, thank you, James.”

The caller sighed again, as if he was relaxing.

“Why, I’d imagine if you were half as pretty as your voice, then you’re the prettiest woman in the city.”

“Aha. Aren’t you the gentleman?”

The radio went silent again, and the caller seemingly stretched, as the adjudicator could hear the bones crack through the speakers, and the caller groaned in satisfaction.

“I imagine you a lot, Karen. Like I said, I’m all by myself, and it can get a little lonely. Sometimes a man can’t help himself, so when I hear you, it’s like you’re here, straddling my-”

And the host cut him off, with a small laugh.

“Psh, James! There’s a little thing called too much information. Caller! You’re wiling away the evening with me tonight.”

And it was then that the adjudicator heard Emil’s voice speak from inside, as if he had a phone – an item that he should not be having. Grabbing the doorknob, the adjudicator tried to open the door, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Good evening, Karen.”

“Yes? I think that greeting is pretty much implied by the name of this show.”

Emil chuckled from inside the room, as the adjudicator attempted to break into the room, pounding the door and shouting at Emil to open the door.

“Do you ever worry, Karen? That the world is going to end?”

“I hadn’t felt that way since Channing Tatum got married.”

Emil chuckled again. The adjudicator could not open the door physically or magically, and was left with only trying to get Emil to open the door through ceaseless hits on the door.

“Do you have any idea how insignificant all of you are? When the skies begin to rain fire, you will be but a black spot on the street.”

“I bet you say that to all the girls, don’t you?”

“There is a red star in the night sky tonight. Tonight is the Night of Aleph, a night I have been waiting for since I learned of my future four years ago. The blood of humans, the blood of demons, and the blood of God will be erased from this existence. This is the final year.”

And with that, the adjudicator could hear Emil hang up.

“Okay, well, good luck in the next election, governor. Now then-”

And then the radio was shut off, and the door suddenly flew open, with the adjudicator stumbling into the cell. Landing on the cold floor, the adjudicator could see a dim red light in front of him, and he swiftly stood up, seeing a white-robed man with his back to the adjudicator. Emil dropped the cell phone on the ground, where it shook and then shattered into pieces. As Emil began to speak, the voice was…different. It was grand, and demanded attention, and sounded nothing like the hoarse voice the adjudicator had heard only moments before.

“You know, that little bitch was right. The madness locked up in my brain did want to make me tear my own brain out.”

Chuckling, Emil turned towards the adjudicator, and the magi almost vomited. Emil’s hair had more or less been torn off, and above his right eye was blood, and a hole that exposed Emil’s brain, which was continuing to bleed. Spreading his arms wide, Emil began to laugh once again.

“Exposing my mind in the Night of Aleph, how fucking literal! Well then, Oracle of Knossos, I’ll do exactly what you said I will: make this world burn and build something new out of the ashes!”

With a roar, Emil began to tear himself, and the gore that landed on the floor splattered on the adjudicator’s face, who was paralyzed with both disgust and intense fear. First was the skin, then the muscles, and the organs underneath, and what stood before him was a skeleton, covered in blood with what remained of Emil Jansen surrounding the floor around him.

The skeleton looked at its own bones, but was unable to speak due to a lack of vocal chords. Deeming that an issue, the skeleton bent the pinky finger of its right hand, and the pieces of Emil Jansen rose up into the air, before colliding towards the skeleton, creating an incredibly bright light.

The adjudicator opened his eyes as the light dimmed away, and what stood there was not Emil Jansen, but someone…something….else.

The gray-skinned man looked at his own naked body, satisfied with a form that could be almost considered perfect in all aspects. Walking over to a corner of the room, the man threw on clothes: pants and a hooded robe similar to what Emil had worn only moments before. The adjudicator continued to watch as the man literally did a spin on the bloody floor, not caring for the atmosphere or the environment, seemingly absorbed in his own world. And it was then that their eyes met.

Smiling, the gray-skinned man crouched so that his eyes were almost level with the adjudicator’s, and extending his smooth, gray hand, held the adjudicator’s face by the chin, turning it in both directions as if to inspect the terrified face in front of him.

“Seeing how you’re the first one to witness the birth of magic itself, Aleph shall let you live. But you shall live with only one purpose in mind: to speak of my return.”

With his other hand, Aleph used the sharp nail of his index finger to write a character on the man’s forehead, and the adjudicator screamed in pain as he felt the command cut into his skull, and after Aleph removed the nail from the adjudicator’s forehead, the magi fell unconscious. Standing up, Aleph licked the blood of his nail, smiling in response to the sweet taste.

“You know, before magic was all about the fancy rituals and the ugly flashiness that you see all over the world today, it was all about words and blood. Maybe a hair here, a body part there, and occasionally, the heart of a human or animal, but often times, a cut to the hand and some words were more than enough to achieve whatever you wanted.”

Shaking his head, Aleph shrugged.

“I’m not sure what changed, but hey! I’m here to make it all back like it was, from the very beginning.”

And with those final words hanging in the air, Aleph walked out from the cell, leaving the adjudicator unconscious in a room covered in blood. It had been far too long since Aleph returned to this world, and he was going to make good use of this opportunity.

The Foreign Embassy

Moscow, Russia, The Present

Time: 11:09

The past year has brought an incredibly amount of change into the world. The rise of a single terrorist who calls himself “Aleph” marked the global event of the year, and it was with no surprise that essentially all federal and intelligence agencies are now after this man, regardless if these organizations were part of the magical world or not.

srNLtFz.jpg

Week after week, it seemed like the next tragic event was due to “Aleph”. The BOLO sent out all over the world marks him as “Emil Jansen”, a former supporter of the Middle Eastern extremist groups, which wasn’t far from the truth. However, only those who had an education in the background of magic truly understood the name “Aleph”.

Aleph was recorded under several different iterations. However, Bonisagus stressed that despite the different names, whether it be the Apocalypse, End of Time, or Eschaton, Aleph did not refer to only the Omega, but also the Alpha. His return, much like the Church’s belief of the return of Jesus Christ, signaled the end of the world.

However, Aleph did not promise a new world, pure and full of promise.

“Aleph is a complicated existence. It loves humanity, and expects the best out of mankind – but on the flip side, it also has a severely limited amount of patience, and if we, as its ‘children’, do not fit what it wants out of us, it will rid of us, because it ‘created’ us. This has lead me to believe that Aleph may be the Demiurge, the being who designed and fashioned the living and physical world. However, it seems to me that Aleph and God are not one and the same – they are enemies, fighting over control of the Throne in Heaven. Aleph is more primordial than Satan himself, and therefore more evil, for Aleph has waged war upon God longer than the existence of Hell.”

-Bonisagus, The Origins of the Arcane Studies

Those were the words the first sorcerer used to describe Aleph. The gray-skinned man, standing on top of the Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed, chuckled as he shut the book, which began to burn from the bottom. How unfortunate that mankind had evolved from the God-fearing race they once were into these creatures of arrogance. Opening the palm of his left hand, Aleph allowed the ashes to scatter into the wind.

It would begin within the Foreign Embassy Building, which in another world would’ve been the U.S. Embassy. In here, two figures of great importance to this tale were here, getting their visas checked out and waiting for an interview before they could explore “Glorious Russia”. These two people were Ecaterina and Marut.

The former was a college student who had an assignment to oversee a much-anticipated ceremony; the Europa Summit, a day where the world kings of Europe would convene and discuss the current states of affair. Outside of the war on crime, no conflicts existed between other countries, and this event simply solidified the world peace.

The latter was a former underground fighter, who simply decided to see the world. It has been said that if you look past the concrete and modernity of Moscow, you could see the art that was found all over the city, and truly appreciate the human creativity. This experience was so be a form of catharsis, something that Marut definitely needed.

And entering the building was royalty itself: the former Yugoslavian princess, Draga. Here in Russia, her influence isn’t all that powerful, but members of the Embassy gave her a bow of respect as she walked by. Today, she had received a letter from a one “Meera Taylor”, who had asked for Draga to appear. Of course, the words “Princess in the House Quaesitor” was more than enough for Draga to take the letter seriously. These three people, who supposedly had no relations to each other, were not connected at all in every person’s mind within that building, save for one.

Spoiler

The red-haired woman was chewing bubblegum, wearing a white coat over the top of a black swimsuit, leaving her midriff and most of her torso exposed. Crossing her legs across each other, the woman watched the three move around, doing their businesses. Checking her watch, the woman grumbled and stood up, leaving the gum stuck under the seat she had just been sitting on.

Ecaterina and Marut felt themselves rudely dragged away from the desks, and as the agents they had been talking to gave a protest of surprise, the two of them found themselves in the strong grip of a bombshell redhead, who was not heading towards a black-haired girl.

The red-haired woman tossed both Ecaterina and Marut on the floor in front of Draga, and raising the sunglasses off her face, Meera Taylor spoke with a sense of urgency in her voice.

“You damn kids are taking too long with this stuff! We have about twenty seconds before the building decides to collapse on itself, so come with me if you kids want answers, and your lives.”

Triad Mansion

Shenzhen, China

Time: 2:18

Jonathan and Max were lead down a hallway by some frightening-looking figures, who told them that the leader of House Ex Miscellanea wished to see them. Now, given that these two imposing men were clearly part of the mob, it was of no doubt to Max that the leader of House Ex Miscellanea and the supreme leader of the Triad (and effectively the ruler of China) were one and the same. Did Jonathan have this same thought? It was very unlikely, because he could care less when there was this beautiful hallway to admire, with the tapestry and the portraits.

The two mobsters stopped in front of a surprisingly simple door, and one of the two men knocked a couple of times before opening the door and ushering the master and servant pair into the room.

The room was decorated very…simply. It had the red walls, with the same pattern matching that of the outside hallway, but the tapestry had no flashiness to them, just a surprisingly pleasing scarlet color.

In the back of the room was a black leather couch, and the person sitting on top of the couch was a young girl, dressed in black shorts and a fur-trimmed jacket, smirking at the two.

Spoiler

“Hello, dear cousin Jonathan. I am the Supreme Leader of this organization, Caixia Hsu. Please, come take a seat.”

Speaking in Mandarin Chinese, Caixia ordered the two mobsters to leave, and they bowed their heads as they shut the door. Patting the seats on both of her sides, open for the two men to take a seat, the young girl (who was probably not legal) smiled expectantly for them both.

“Well, come and take a seat. I’ve waited quite a bit for you two, and I would appreciate it if you do sit down as to make this all the more…simple.”

Unknown Location

Tokyo, Japan

Time: 18:43

Christian Dior was not a man who could be initially taken aback by the appearance of another man. But this man, who called himself Koshima, was quite honestly the most beautiful man Christian has ever met. He had the characteristics of a female: the thin wrists, the small face, but the way Koshima carried himself around, well it was just too attractive.

When offered a chance to go to Tokyo for a gig by the mysterious Koshima, who had approached him after an event in London, Christian managed to re-collect his composure, and accepted the offer given that he hasn’t seen the City of Bright Lights for himself yet. Thus, he was put on a plane to Japan.

What he didn’t expect was to have a bag thrown over his head, and Christian was thrown into presumably a small car, the back-seat too, where two men (one of them Koshima, based off the fairly-light voice) were arguing in the front. It felt like hours before the car stopped, and Christian was dragged out of the car, being forced to walk up a slope blind.

The sudden burst of light and the warmth indicated Christian was probably inside of a house somewhere, and some more shouting in Japanese. Was Christian inside of the home of some Yakuza big-shot? It was difficult to tell.

“Well, take the fucking bag off his head!”

And then the bag was literally torn off of Christian’s face, and he winced as the rough material scratched his face and the bright light shined through right on his eyes. Looking around, Christian was seated with a few other people in what appeared to be a circular table, much like the Round Table from the Arthurian legends. Either these sort of tables were in style now, or the host wanted to promote a sense of equality.

Sitting in chairs around the table were three other people that Christian did not recognize. Why bring them all here? Why gather them here?

“I apologize for the um, austerity, of this reception. I’m not exactly in a good place when it comes down to my funds.”

Christian followed the direction of the voice, and found himself looking towards a tall, Asian man with an eye-patch over his right eye, looking for a bottle of drinks to share around the table.

Spoiler

“Oh right, introductions. I’m the leader of the newly-formed Marduk Covenant. Our newest addition is Christian Dior, who likes to bring the sounds and stuff into whatever wild events he goes to. Some Chianti?”

The man generously poured a glass of wine and set it in front of Christian.

“The fellow there with the handsome haircut is Frederico Hainen Fulc-Este. Your haircut really is astounding, you must tell me who did it for – oh, right, well, he’s from Italy and was brought here on a recommendation. You want Chianti too?”

And a glass of wine was set in front of Frederico.

“Again, I apologize for bringing you all here with bags over your heads, but I do enjoy making these sort of first meetings exciting. And I apologize to you two because you’re minors, and therefore can’t partake in this faboulous drink.”

Drinking the wine, the man smiled at Omer and Jamie, both of them sitting there, clueless as the rest of them (except for Frederico, since he was informed ahead of time and was not actually “kidnapped” and brought in with a bag over his head).

“The kid with the glasses is Omer Bazan. He runs a moderately successful coffee shop and people think he’s smart, but know this, Omer: I’m smarter. The girl next to him is Jamie Hawgood, who was also recommended to me via the Church; she goes by “Oscar” because she’s so grouchy. See! She’s making the face, c’mon, give me the face!”

Laughing to himself, the man shook his head once more before downing the glass of wine.

“And as for myself, you can call me Takeda. I welcome you fine, young, fledgeling mages here today. You ask yourselves how I know of your potential. Well, for three of you, I was informed by a third party, but for you Omer, your coffee was legitimately magical, and I cannot help but think you also got the touch. Of course, I know at least three of you shall be fairly talented in magic, but again, Omer, don’t feel bad if you’re not like these three – I picked you off from that coffee shop to make your life more exciting, and you should be more than happy with that.”

As Takeda kept on talking, the doors opened up and food was served right in front of them – cuisines of various kinds, whether it be Asian, European, and the like. The doors remained opened as the servers left, and Takeda was talking in his own little world. Everyone was essentially free to leave the room, but the food smells so…amazing.

Buckhead Plaza

Atlanta, Georgia

Time: 14:36

Far, far away from the French estate that Minerva and Gideon learned to call home, they had been given a mission from the main house to track down a woman – Odette Lyons. Although the purpose of this mission was to simply follow this person of interest, it seemed as if the reasons behind this mission had almost nothing to do with the magical world.

Spoiler

Based off what they managed to learn about her, Odette was something of a high-clientele escort, who only caters her night services to the men who can pay her, and it seems as if these wealthy men of Atlanta became regulars. It leads one to question whether or not a high-ranking and wealthy mage happened to get caught up in this business. To put it simply, it felt like an incredibly waste of time.

But the funny thing is who Odette’s companion was: a tanned, blue-haired girl. That person was most definitely the chef of House Tytalus, Anabelle. Now, as to why she’s walking arm-in-arm with the “Queen of Atlanta” Odette Lyons is one thing.

Unknown to Minerva and Gideon, Anabelle was on a similar mission, and was promptly dismissed from her services as a chef. Odette Lyons was apparently much more important than the cooking, and Anabelle just had to get close to her and sway this “non-magical whore” in her family’s side.

But really, Odette was such a gentle person, and she has no magical ability that Anabelle saw so far. What could the magical world possibly want with this woman?

Minerva and Gideon watched from the couches in the lobby as Odette and Anabelle entered the building and into an elevator. Odette halted other people entering the elevator, closing the door and leaving her alone with Anabelle.

Minerva and Gideon rushed to another elevator, but they were getting crowded. They knew where Odette was heading – the top floor, but the top floor was the twentieth floor of this building, so it was either waiting for an elevator or take the stairs.

As for Anabelle, well, it was rather shocking to have another woman tug at your clothes. This was hardly the spot, but that look on Odette’s face…

Could this be Odette’s magic? Could I have been wrong about her this entire time?

The temptation was so sweet, so powerful, and yet Anabelle felt like she was in danger…

Eiffel Tower

Paris, France

Time: 15:26

Mikey was definitely impressed with the sights of the Eiffel Tower. It was safe to say that the entire experience in this family trip wasn’t too terrible. His adopted family were visiting relatives from the wife’s side, although his “adopted cousin” was apparently a little girl who was the only survivor of some sick massacre six years ago.

It was safe to say that Mikey and this girl avoided each other.

So here was Mikey, high above the ground in the Eiffel Tower, taking in the sights bit by bit. Now, Mikey wasn’t what someone would call a lady’s man, but he was the sort of person that could see an attractive person and really be smitten – a terrible trait for a man, by the way.

Standing on the railings of the same platform he was on was a short-haired girl, in a white dress and dark cardigan, the wind blowing her scarf away from the tower. She was spinning and basically moving all around the rail, giggling as she did so.

Spoiler

Yet, she didn’t seem steady at all. Mikey considered going over to her and helping her keep her balance, but despite the gentle aura the girl gave off, Mikey felt like she didn’t want people approaching her. And yet, she’s starting to stumble, and that feeling hasn’t changed one bit.

The Abandoned Cave

Unknown City, Unknown Country

Time: Unknown

Evangeline woke up with her limbs tied up, and her mouth taped up. Save for a single lantern, the place was completely dark. Turning her head around, she saw two kids, much younger than her, in the same situation. Both Laura and Iam were groaning, tied up in the same fashion except for some reason, Evangeline was the only one with tape in her mouth.

A scream made all three children look to the other side of the cave, where an older black man was screaming in anger. In front of DeShaun was a dark figure, and in that figure’s hand was the head of a woman, freshly removed from the torso that was now on the floor. It was such a disgusting sight to see.

“Why cry? You experienced this before – losing someone important to you. Toughen up kid, because you’re not going to have enough tears for what happens next.”

The dark figure, features invisible to all four of them in the cave, stood up with a sigh as he tossed the woman’s head into a bucket. Walking over to a dark corner of the cave, the man whipped out a cellphone, muttering into it.

The floor was littered with disposed scalpel blades: they could easily cut themselves out, but was DeShaun in a condition to do that? And the man was almost done on the phone, and if they tried to cut themselves out, it might not turn out well, based on what he just did to DeShaun’s companion.

“Hideout of the Shadow Cabal”

Johannesburg, South Africa

Time: 11:09

Yvette decided to learn from this experience: never trust what the street says about a “trusted informant”. As she was thrown roughly against the wall, her captor bent his knees a little, smiling at Yvette.

That street punk, Johnny, just fed her information that ended up with her getting ambushed by a few masked men, and then knocked unconscious. And here she is, tied up and cornered by one of the presumed masked men.

“So this here is that lawyer from Cape Town, investigating shit in Johannesburg. In case you haven’t noticed, you’re reaching some dark, dark stuff that I wouldn’t want your pretty little fingers to be touching. Ain’t that right, Lee?”

Spoiler

Lee silently nodded as Manny began to poke Yvette in different places, and the lawyer was growing incredibly uncomfortable.

“C’mon, squeal for me. I like to have some fun, squeal!”

Should Yvette comply, or just fight back? She wasn’t sure, but she had been a fighter her entire life, but she was also not in any good position to resist.

Of course, the ever-quiet Lee simply watched, but with a frown. Manny never realized, but Lee really hated his current employer. He reminded him so much of that man Lee had ran away from, but the difference was that Manny paid well, that man didn’t even have a penny to his name.

Of course, this sort of behavior began to job some terrible memories in Lee’s head, and his hand reached for the sidearm he has hidden in his coat. He could shoot Manny right now. He could his father right now, and stop him from doing this to another woman like his mother.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Minerva Fairchild

"The Lioness"

Impatiently, Minerva Fairchild found herself standing in the confinement of an American Hotel. Discomfort with a culture was one thing, but constantly being stared or ogled at likely because of the weapon sheathed upon the back of your hip was another. Tension lingered on her mind, even more so when a child pointed at her and inquired: "Mommy? Why does that lady have a sword?" Glancing at the child, Minerva's gaze sharply changed to that of Gideon, the boy her uncle had hired as her protector and assistant a few weeks ago.

Irritatingly, she spoke to him not in English, but in French. "Are Americans always this...invasive? If I wasn't more respectful, I'd give this gathering of imbeciles a piece of my mind!" The foreign tongue, while smooth and beautifully rolling off of her tender lips, brought further alienation, as annoyance was clearly present. Watching as the child was ushered away hastily by her mother, Minerva sighed in relief. "Some peace at last, Gideon. I wish we could just go home instead of dealing with this irrelevant nonsense." Speaking with a bite of a British accent as her early years were spent in London, Minerva's hand slowly rose to rest upon the hilt of her sword.

Seeing Gideon stiffly standing there however, reminded the swordswoman of the time that she had met him.

She was fourteen when he was brought to the house for the first time, and had completed the first series of swordsmanship training, when a relative of her adoptive family had come to visit. With her came a boy of fifteen, not much older than her! Not only that, but he had the most peculiar of weaponry. There, on the spot in front of everyone, she challenged him to a practice duel. A proud Fairchild she was, and proud she would ever be. With the nod of approval from the Patriarch, the two soon found themselves face to face. He with his staff, and she with a wooden practice saber.

Launching into the chaotic fray, the two danced akin to masters of their respective arts. Some blows being narrowly missed by the breadth of a hair as the two children went toe to toe. Matched in speed, but with strength being his advantage, it seemed Minerva would lose. Yet in a climactic finish, the thrust of her blade thinly sliced his cheek, and the length of his staff connected with her side, sending her flying into the padded wall and crumpling to the ground in a shudder to catch her breadth. Gritting her teeth as she struggled to stand, she could see just the hint, a trace of smile on the Gideon's face.

He thought it was over. That he had won.

Raising the hilt to her cheek, Minerva surged forward in a ridiculously swift charge towards her opponent. Using a kind of speed that neither he nor her uncle had seen before. As swift as the wind, strikes came from above, below, and his flanks while she advanced, pushing him back until he was trapped against a wall. There, even a wooden blade thrust with her strength impacted the wall, just barely grazing his ear as the adrenaline she was being fuelled by quit and a sputtering cough from her lungs caused a faint trickle of blood from her lips.

He had broken her ribs, and indeed had won. For consciousness soon found itself blinded by pain, and her day went dark.

She had never seen him again, not until a few weeks ago, when the boy she met had grown into a young man.

Not only that, but he was also designated to be her assistant?

In an essence, the whole notion behind that seemed flawed. She didn't need an assistant! Sure she lived alone in her mansion with a few staffers, but that didn't mean she needed help or anything of the sort. Idly playing with the twisted French braid of strawberry blonde that curled over her shoulder and draped down in front of her, crystalline blue eyes sharply closed as she removed herself from her daydream, just in time to see their objective dragging in ...Annabelle? Now that was an unexpected familiar face. She was also a regular at Minerva's estate, and particularly enjoyed using the Lioness in her ploys and pranks. Challenging Minerva once to a pickpocket duel, and another time rigging a trap so that Gideon would walk in when Anna was helping her get changed.

A slight flushed expression of embarrassment rose on her cheeks then at the thought, far more tamed than how red she had been then, she watched quietly as Annabelle and her...well...escort made their way to the elevators. What was peculiar however, was how Anna had looked so enamored not moments before. Could something be wrong? For someone who was so rambunctious and troublesome as that girl, she certainly almost seemed...sedated. Helpless to get to the elevator in time, Minerva did not hesitate in the least for an alternate plan.

"Gideon dear," she spoke calmly, cooly. "We're taking the stairs."

Sprinting to the stairs and bounding up them two-three at a time as she bolted, Minerva could only hope that they could get there in time for whatever peculiarity was being accomplished.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

HhA14_zps6dc55775.png

[Michael Santos]

The Eiffel Tower, huh? His parents had great taste when it came to sightseeing. In fact, Mikey's mom had brought him here on several occasions in the past. This was his first time, however, coming here and enjoying the experience alone (Mr. & Mrs. Santos had other family business to attend to). Mikey also, for whatever reason, couldn't really appreciate the masterfully crafted architecture by Gustave Eiffel in all of its grandeur when he was younger. The Eiffel Tower itself is an enormous steel tower, standing 301 meters off the ground, that has come to serve as a symbol of Paris, as well as of France itself.

Mikey remained silent enjoying the view as he rested his elbows against a nearby railing. Peering over revealed tiny people and buildings that were difficult to distinguish at this distance. It was nice. The weather was windy, but not windy enough to detract from the peaceful atmosphere. He also couldn't help but notice a lot of couples hanging out during this hour.

As time passed, Mikey felt a sense of sleepiness slowly overcoming him. Yawning, the young boy proceeded to make his way towards the exit. That's when he caught sight of an incredibly cute girl. Normally a random attractive female wouldn't gamer his immediate attention (unless she was drop dead fine); however, this peculiar girl was walking around playfully along the railings in an absentminded manner.

Mikey was alarmed by this. Looking  around he noticed nobody seemed to care about the girl or what she was doing. Were these people crazy? Why was no one trying to stop her? What the hell was going on?! 

The young boy quickly ran up to the girl and upon getting a closer look, he was suddenly hit hard by the girl's beauty. She had a pretty face with short blue hair that barely reached passed her shoulders. Her neck was draped over in a long scarf, and she was dressed in a short dress layered with a black sport coat. The girl had a nice sense of fashion, but the fur boots gave Mikey a very weird impression of her. As the wind blew the lady's scarf didn't seem to be the only thing being tossed around. He managed to get a few peeks under the girl's dress causing him to blush and shift his eyes in different directions. This girl was shameless!

"Hey mind getting down from there? You might fall off and get hurt." Mikey called out in concern.

Based off looks alone this girl was just his type. If he was lucky maybe he could get her number.

Misty

Misty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNowheres That Are Islands

~ 1 day earlier ~

“I'm still not sure why you are going to this. You can study it from the videos perfectly well and we have much to discuss here.” Attano grumbled while leaning against the side of the door frame of the bathroom.

Ecaterina glared up at him from the tub where she was soaking and running a rough sponge against her skin. She was trying to communicate with telepathy that she didn't appreciate him bathing with her, but he couldn't hear her thoughts. Of course he couldn't hear her thoughts. People couldn't hear thoughts. So instead she swore at him in Romanian and threw the bar of soap at him along with a handful of water until he pulled the door to a crack.

“Alright, I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget. I came up with a lot of brothers okay. Geeze. Did you call me a cheese fucker?” He liked to force her to use English in the house as much as possible

Ecaterina finally answered his question, “I'm going because it is a great honor to be invited and I had to work really hard on that speech and essay to be invited to pursue it. And anyway I've never seen Russia and my father always told me it was beautiful.” She said the father part with a bit of a sniffle. He sat while she was saying all this and pushed the door open to see her attempting to fake a cry.

He grinned at her.

“You are terrible to keep bringing up your father like it might work on me.”

She stuck her tongue out at him and he closed the door again until he was fairly certain she'd at least be in a towel. “At least promise me you will keep your hand-mark covered and you won't have any boys over.”

Ecaterina strode past him glaring clad in her towel. “You aren't my father. And if I want to have a boy I will have a boy. In fact, I may have a boy simply because you told me not to have a boy.” Her accent was so thick he wanted to make her pause and say each word over.

Still, he sighed and stood up running his hands through his hair. He went about cooking breakfast and packing her a basket to take on the train. It was a strange relationship they had, sometimes it was like being her elder brother, and sometimes, times he was only slightly ashamed of, like right now as he leaned back away from the stove to stare down at the hall where she was changing, it was like being an estranged couple.

When she came striding out of her room she was dressed normally, which for her meant tight jeans, a loose top, sandals, jewelry and minimal make-up, and her father's scarf tied around her ridiculous hair. He thanked his lucky stars she hadn't decided to go the full gypsy on the train. They ate in silence, both studying their books happily and glancing up once or twice to smile at the other in a clear sign that the earlier fight had been forgiven.

They arrived to the train in time for him to load her things and then the stood outside. He'd promised himself he wouldn't get emotional – she'd be back in a few weeks with a thicker accent. But for some reason he felt sick in his stomach.

She was smiling at him and leaned to hug him. He received it warmly and stood back then holding her bare shoulders, “You will come back, right? This isn't the last time I see you?” His smile betrayed how much this thought worried him.

She smiled her usual carefree smile, “After all the times I've cursed you Attano I have to come back to see that cats eat your face.” He smiled at this reaching to take her marked hand, “If something were to happen, Ecaterina, something to me or in general, you need to keep this mark hidden. Don't let anyone see it or know it exists. And when you get back, I promise I will tell you what this is all about.”

Ecaterina smiled at him and leaned to kiss his cheeks warmly, “Nothing could ever happen to you. You are too much of a bother for that.” He grinned, “I got you something.” He received a radiant smile from her as he reached into his pocket producing a golden necklace with a key pendant. He easily put it around her neck as she clapped her hands together with childish glee.

“No boys, Attano. Be sure to take care of yourself.”

He smiled as she ran to the train pausing to look back at him and blow a kiss shouting back in Romanian something that made him shake his head and laugh.

Although she hadn't strictly kept the no boys promise, she'd stretched the definition to mean no sleeping with boys. But that didn't include dancing or singing and it hadn't been hard to move from her first class train ticket to the lower class and find a bunch of gypsies who had snuck on and were more than happy to share her food and dance until they fell asleep.

Day of ~

She'd had to hurry off the train in Moscow and barely found the time to cover her tattoo with make-up before she was handing over her passport and smiling at the man checking it. And then suddenly she was being dragged forward by a really beautiful woman who shouted.

Ecaterina was surprised to say the least but when someone offers you answers and your life, the first rule of being a gypsy is to always assume that person is insane while following their every command and that was what Ecaterina did kicking her sandals off so that she could move quicker and more easily she moved dragging her suitcase with her after the woman.

tumblr_ni6jaspy7M1tgmuxgo1_r1_500.png

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

step0001.jpg?1422454057844

Marut Zvijer

A day before~

Sergei came to his room to say goodbye. For the last five years they had been literally brothers but Marut had also been a pretty golden hen that had won him a lot in the Underground. Sergei Pushkin had risen as the ace bidder in the Underground thanks to the deadly skills of both his male and female brawlers. While he had a projection of being cruel and cold like most of the Russians dominating the arena he was anything but.

Rather he had insisted on building a lot of personal relationships with his fighters and his equation with Marut was rather special. Infact when his decision to leave the scene became evident, it was he who suggested that he move to Russia before going someplace else. He had friends there, who could take Marut in.

"As soon as you reach Moscow. Look for Andrei Klemkhov, tell him you know me. He'll help you." he said as he hugged him.

"Yeah, we went over that already, Serg." Marut replied in Russian.

Sometime later they were at the Zagreb terminal, Glavni was a good place to be if you wanted a backwater European retreat. The station had a old charm to it. On the platform stood all the people he had come to call a family over the years. He felt a strange warmth in his heart but the urge to get out of this all was too strong. With a final wave and a kiss goodbyes were made and Marut began a new chapter in his life.

Present day~

He sat at the counter conversing with the security personnel. Following the recent activities of Chechen rebels, the security was a bit too tight. He had hoped to be in Moscow without sitting through an interview of two hours. The man on the other side looked closely at him from time to time. 

Marut was a guy who proudly wore his scars, which were rather numerous. The latest one a vertical cut on his upper lip barely a few weeks old. They mostly conversed in Russian as the man continued on questioning.

"Your purpose of visit."

"Sightseeing."

"Duration!"

"Three months."

"What are you gonna do for three months in Moscow?"

"Not only Moscow, I plan to visit St.Petersburg, Volga and Ryazan."

"There's nothing in Ryazan."

"I have an old friend there."

"Where would you go afterwards."

"Possibly, Kiev."

"Can't go there. You need to go to Helsinki or Minsk first."

"Okay, would keep that i---" he was dragged off the terminal before he could finish and heaved alongside a rather beautiful girl by another beautiful girl.

He felt a whistle blow from his mouth reflexively. The girl in front of her sure was a looker, and powerful. 

"You lucky dog, you." Marut mumbled to himself in Romanian, since he didn't want the lady know of his fantasies as he eyed the other girl before turning to look at another stunner, this day was surely a sneak into heaven. He absent-mindedly nodded at the girl's suggestion to follow her. He dusted himself as he got up and said, "I'm ready to bolt when you are."

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Anabelle

7 Minutes of Heaven

Given just who it was that sent her cross country to deal with this in the first place, Anabelle was quite surprised that she was having so fun here in the US. She’d need to make a point of visiting more often it seemed, especially if she was given a list of all the sights to see. Like the one attached to her arm right now; she was reasonably certain that when that old man sent her here to make friends with the ‘non-magical whore’ that it was some manner of ill-conceived attempt at getting her away from the mansion for a bit.

That said, it certainly was worth it so far; it had been quite awhile since she got to dress up fancy, and her green dress and red jacket blended in quite well with Odette’s high class styling. She could certainly understand how she got so many repeat customers even with her high price tag (that fortunately was the Tytallus’s problem and not hers).

Even throughout their night on the town, she was still left wandering just what they wanted with her though. She’d been with them enough to be aware that they left out a lot of details in their report, and wouldn’t put it past one of them to have gotten themselves ensnared by the woman. She’d certainly be willing to spend a lot more time with her. Maybe she could take her time with the swaying part and take more time watching Odette’s own swaying hips.

The woman even managed to get them an elevator to themselves, stopping the crowd with but a hand and that same lovely smile, her intentions clear enough when she went after her as soon as the door closed, hands rubbing over all the right places.

My, my, I’m the one on the receiving end of a seduction; this is quite the change.

One that she certainly didn’t mind one bit, and quite frankly given her normal habits, letting the escort have her way with her was sounding like a wonderful idea by the second. Which was the problem really; she felt like melting away, just going with the flow, which was all fine with her regular clients, but Anabelle wasn’t exactly a passive participant. Shame too, but the likelihood of her getting what she wanted from Odette seemed to be quite low.

Ah well, it was worth a shot all the same. There was no problem with her hands trailing along Odette’s back, mainly getting in one last feel before things likely took their far more bothersome turn. It helped that it gave her something to focus on besides the face of the escort that was still trying to suck her in. “That’s quite the talent you have. It’s like you’re drawing me into your spell.” Anabelle was never one for dancing around too much, and it was clear enough she meant quite a few things with that remark and her sultry smile.

Hey, danger or not, she was alone in close contact with a beautiful woman. A possibly very dangerous one but then her favourite person in the world was a highly trained swordswoman that she regularly teased and molested, often in the same breath. Ah well, I can’t help it if I’m drawn to the more exciting type of women.

“How about a trade? You tell me what you’re after, and I’ll tell you what I want.” The thumb brushing the back of her neck was both because she wanted to and to make sure that she could send a good enough jolt right into her spine if she had to.

She may have liked the dangerous types but that didn’t mean that she had a masochistic streak after all.

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

19TdpwU.jpg

Chapter Two: Fantasy Poetry

Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.

-Emily Dickinson

Eiffel Tower

Paris, France

Time: 15:26

When the sun began to set over Paris, around the middle of the afternoon, Alaina’s favorite thing to do was to walk across the railing and try to balance herself, so many stories high. It wasn’t exactly the legal thing to do, but she could care less, because the exhilaration of it all, it made her feel so alive.

“Hey, mind getting down from there? You might fall off and get hurt.”

Looking behind her, Alaina saw a gray-haired young man, with a concerned look on his face. And it was all of a sudden that Alaina felt it, truly understood what ecstasy was. Her heart never pounded this quickly before, her face never felt so flushed, and she never felt more excited.

Normally, Alaina would’ve ignored the boy, but she jumped off the railing and smoothed out her skirt before coughing awkwardly. The sad thing is that she’s not what most people would call a “social butterfly”, and in all twenty years of her life, she had little to no experience with the opposite gender, or people at all for that matter.

But it was going to be different now. She was going to become friends with this young man.

“Um, um…”

You could literally see the awkwardness spill out of Alaina as she was blushing furiously, not knowing what to say. And then it hit her what to say, and with that, she fixed her feet onto the ground, and threw her right arm over her shoulder so that it covered her face, and with a cool tone in her voice, Alaina spoke her first words to the first person she ever wanted to become friends with.

“Fear not, young gray-haired person. I am Alaina, and I watch over this city as its protector!”

There was silence. And then Alaina’s face lit up, and steam emanated from her blushing face. With a scream of embarrassment, Alaina turned towards the railing and literally jumped off the Eiffel Tower. Even if Michael looked over the edge where she jumped off, he wouldn’t see her at all, as she was not hanging upside down, hidden in the shadows of the steel structure, quietly reprimanding herself for screwing up the golden opportunity while her clothes were flipped upside down, revealing a lot of her body – which is why it’s fortunate people can’t actually see her.

Hopital Espanol

Tangier, Morocco

Time: 17:37

It had been another busy day for Alfred, as he tightened the sphygmomanometer around the patient’s arm, and pressed the stethoscope close to the elbow, squeezing down the sphygmomanometer on the upper arm while listening to the blood flow. Blood pressure was normal.

After informing the patient of what over-the-counter medication he could buy for his flu and seeing him outside of the examination room, Alfred sighed as he walked down the lonely hallways of the hospital. It seemed that a lot of his life had been spent taking care of other people and their lives, but if he really thought about it, could Alfred really say he was living too?

A few minutes later, Alfred was called into the emergency room, where a tall, dark-haired man with a cigarette in his mouth was nursing a wound in his right forearm. Upon seeing Alfred’s face, the man put out the cigarette in a nearby ashtray and stood up, beaming.

Spoiler

“Well, if it ain’t the doc. Now come check this fresh wound here, it’s hurtin’ like hell.”

Inside the examination room, Alfred inspected the gash, and found teeth marks surrounding the wound.

“Look like human teeth, don’t it?”

Chuckling to himself, the tall man began whistling Unforgettable with a surprisingly jaunty tone in his voice. Slightly put off, Alfred took another look at the wound and found that the teeth mark were indeed similar to a human’s.

“You’re probably thinking I got bit by a monkey, but I tell ya, that fucker was hard to put down, fought to survive that Cole Silverstein did.”

Alfred let himself pause. That name sounded familiar, and then it struck him – Cole Silverstein was an old man who often came here with numerous burn marks on his skin, and often refused to answer any questions as to how he got them. Standing up, Alfred backed away slowly from the tall man, who smirked at the doctor.

“Why afraid, Doctor Alfred Di Santo? Are you afraid of me, a poor, wounded man who goes by the name Simon Hedegaard? Not that you heard of me, I’m a magician, but then so are you.”

With a groan, Simon lit up another cigarette in the examination room, despite the fact that this was a non-smoking room, as Alfred stood there, surprisingly stunned. Simon smoked with a rather relaxed expression on his face, waiting for Alfred’s response with great anticipation.

House Ex Miscellanea Mansion

Shenzhen, China

Time: 2:10

Rudy was rudely awoken by his “partner” – or more rather a “mentor” – for the past fifteen years. Thirty-two year old Nicole Hsia was an American-born Chinese woman who worked hard to get where she was, but she was basically put on what she called “baby-sitting” duty since she was seventeen years old. Her entire life revolved around this rule-breaking man, and for the past fifteen years Nicole felt that she had sacrificed her youth for very little returns.

Spoiler

So waking Rudy by stomping him on the stomach in a flying rage when he refused to wake up for forty-five minutes felt incredibly justified to Nicole, and as she glared down at the poor man holding his stomach on the floor, coughing, she coldly gave an order.

“We’re supposed to be meeting the Mistress and the other ‘new’ members of the house. So get dressed, brush your teeth, wash your face, and shave that goddamn beard.”

And without another word, Nicole left the room with Rudy still in pain, but before closing the door, she dropped a bottle of painkiller pills; always the caring teacher to her student.

Well then, either back to bed after taking those painkillers, or get dressed and try not to get hit again after taking those painkillers – such are the tough decisions of life.

Edited by Ilyse, 30 January 2015 - 03:44 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

RADICULUS

So it had finally happened. The leadership of his mother's family must have finally taken note of his great accomplishments and wished to acknowledge him.  That was pretty damn good but there was just that lingering feeling of doubt.  A small itch in the back of his mind that told him he was being stupid and that was totally and completely wrong.  Well, it was a rather small and weak itch so Radiculus used the rest of his mind to squash.  Like that.  Now he felt good and wholly confident as he rightly should.  He had to admit that he liked the decor.  Did they know red was his favorite color?  They must of.  Wasn't that nice of them to decorate around his tastes? He'd asked Maximilian in the past to travel ahead of him and paint everything red but he always just said that it was impossible or something.  Radiculu didn't really pay attention to much he said after it was clear that he wouldn't do it.  Yet here was a prime example proving that it was possible.  Radiculus could over look his servants limitations though.  He was just that magnanimous.

"What'd I say Maxxy Boy?  I told you.  Radiculus is a name that would go places.  Look at us now!  At a place!  Radiculus, right again," As the doors were opened in front of them Radiculus took the lead and stepped forward dramatically and for extra flair tossed his hands high and to the sides.  "Have no fear, for Radiculus, has arrived!"

What was that? Another entirely red room for his pleasure?  He did hope Maxxy Boy as taking notice.  He even pantomimed the action of physically taking notes to his servants to get the point of across.  The black coach was less to his taste as was the little girl that welcomed them.

“Hello, dear cousin Jonathan. I am the Supreme Leader of this organization, Caixia Hsu. Please, come take a seat.”

The escorts left and she patted the seats on the couch besides her which made him feel weird and he didn't like that.  Not very trustworthy.  Uhoh.  She did the smile.  Radiculus' father made that same expression just before he devoured another business.  It wasn't a nice expression and it never reached the eyes.

“Well, come and take a seat. I’ve waited quite a bit for you two, and I would appreciate it if you do sit down as to make this all the more…simple.”

"Nah.  That aint me.  See, Radiculus, well he's a complex individual," He said as he walked forward and began to sit down across from Caixia Hsu on what appeared to be thin air but quickly became a well place barrier that was designed for maximum comfort.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

HhA14_zps6dc55775.png

[Michael Santos]

Okay... that was bizarre. The girl, calling herself Alaina, literally leapt off of the Eiffel Tower from embarrassment after giving -- what Mikey thought was -- the strangest introduction. When he peered over the ledge from where Alaina had jumped, Mikey was met with nothing. Weird. There were no signs or traces of the girl anywhere. The gray-haired boy rubbed his eyes in disbelief as he rescanned the area, trying to pinpoint any place she could have possibly landed. Sadly, it was all to no avail. The girl was no where to be found. Was he just imagining things? There was no way. He clearly saw and interacted with another human being. 

Ugh! This was annoying. Mikey scratched the back of his head in vexation.

The situation was really beginning to bother him. Was he going crazy? The young man decided to head down. He needed to find the girl. Leaping from the top of the Eiffel Tower at this height couldn't have possibly ended well for her.

Upon exiting the Eiffel Tower and reaching ground level, Mikey immediately began searching. He looked high and low; behind every corner, but it was all for naught. He then turned to the tourists walking around for help. Asking around while giving the travelers a description of Alaina led to nothing as well. After hours of searching, the young man finally decided to give up. This was leading nowhere. Mikey turned on his smart phone to check the time. It was getting pretty late. His parents would probably start worrying soon if he didn't head back. Maybe he was crazy after all....

*Grumble*

Mikey sighed. He just remembered that it had been a while since he last ate. Heading towards Le 58 tour Eiffel, he decided to grab something to eat before going back to his parents.

Edited by dudeitzmeh, 29 January 2015 - 04:26 PM.

Wasted

Wasted

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Yvette van Rooyen

Joburg Jam

Honestly Yvette didn't really see the appeal of Joburg. As a city the place was pumping sure, but as soon as you put foot outside the city limits it turned so flat and dull with the only mountains being the piles of dirt dug up by the mines. That was what Johannesburg was really, a glorified mining town that had somehow become the commercial center of South Africa. It certainly wasn't a tourist destination, but it was certainly where the money was and so it was where Yvette was as well. Cape Town may look a good sight better, but it was where the rich and successful went to retire...after making it big in Joburg. Not that there weren't pretty parts of Joburg, if you had the cash Sandton could be a little kilometer by kilometer box of heaven.

One day perhaps, although if she had that much cash to blow Yvette might as well move back to Cape Town. The day was muggy, a prelude to one of the infamous flash thunderstorms native to Gauteng, and she'd just washed her car the other day. Not wanting to get wet Yvette was busy hurrying back to her office, skipping across the streets, dodging traffic.

All Yvette needed was for it to start pouring with rain before she got back to the office. As if the news she'd gotten from her contact wasn't bad enough already. The info "Johnny" or whatever the mamparra's name was had given her was sketchy at best and Yvette was starting to have a bit of a bad feeling about this whole "shadow cabal of lawyers" thing she'd stumbled onto. Yvette felt she was too far out to swim back to shore however, she'd have to see this through. Besides there seemed to be a kak ton of cash involved which is always good.

Cikizwa would have a cup of coffee ready for her. Yvette had called ahead to make sure, it would be the suggestive coffee mug Ciki had gotten her that with "Blow me, I'm hot" and pair of rid parted lips printed on the side of course. Not the most particularly clever pun, but finding coffee mugs with bad jokes printed on them was an art form and Ciki was Rembrandt when it came to uselessly witty novelty items. She certainly made a better assistant than that bimbo Tanya that had manned the desk before her. A regte little Afrikaanse meisie, not too bright, but sweet and eager to please. Cikizwa was more her own women with an agenda. She was going to go places that one.

Oh she was still enthusiastic in bed and she had an absolutely delightful naughty side to her, but she was one of the cleverer ones. Smart enough to use Yvette while she used her. Most expected good things to somehow magically come their way if they kissed the right ass, as if it relied on some kind of karmic bullshit. Why would a boss promote an asskisser or even feel obligated to do anything for them? Better to keep them where they are otherwise there'd be no-one to brown nose.

Lost in though Yvette's guard was not nearly raised enough, in Joburg of all places, when a group of masked men jumped her, shoving a sack over her head before she could scream and tossing her into the back of a bakkie. Terror pumped adrenaline through her veins as she struggled against her captors to no avail. This wasn't supposed to happen to people like her. Stuff like this happened in Johannesburg on an almost daily basis, but why her? And why the elaboration? Couldn't they just rob her and be done with it? Trying to calm herself Yvette tried to take stock and gather as much information as possible.

The drive was relatively short so Yvette surmised that they hadn't left the city. The sack smelled like it had been marinating in a pile of sewage before being thrown over her head so all that did was distract her. As they left the bakkie the man guiding her was rough and about her height.

She was bound to a chair before the bag was finally removed and she could see her captors. There were only two of them in the room with her although Yvette was sure that there had been more than just them. The one was a middle-aged white man dressed like a gigolo and the other was a rather dour looking young man perhaps a little younger than her. All things considered it could have been worse.

“So this here is that lawyer from Cape Town, investigating shit in Johannesburg. In case you haven’t noticed, you’re reaching some dark, dark stuff that I wouldn’t want your pretty little fingers to be touching. Ain’t that right, Lee? asked the gigolo looking back at his companion.

The man proceeded to poke and prod her in places she would have rather not be involuntarily prodded and poked. She squirmed trying to put as much distance between herself and his oily fingers. He seemed to enjoy that.

“C’mon, squeal for me. I like to have some fun, squeal!”

The whole situation was getting a bit much for Yvette. She was thankful that she had not been killed outright, but this raised questions as to what exactly she had been investigating. Was this cabal of lawyers criminal in nature? It appeared so. In any case bound as she was she would have to play her cards carefully in order to get a good shot in on this sleazeball, oh how she wanted to deck him in the jaw. Too bad they'd taken away her handbag in which she usually carried pepper spray and a taser. She decided drawing him in was the best tactic.

"I don't squeal for scum like you..." she spoke as softly as possible hoping he would lean in to hear her better, "You're such a dumb fucking naaier that you'll let me do it to you jou poes.." 

Spoiler

tumblr_n2g8sylq3B1r1phbfo1_500.png

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Frederico Fulc-Este

Maestro

Meeting Some New Faces

Takeda was waiting for Frederico at a table by a large bay window which overlooked the whole city. Tokyo sprawled beneath, a brown-grey haze hanging in the day's air. Takeda noticed him and waved, rising to greet his guest.

“Welcome to Japan, Mr. Fulc-Este. I hope you didn't find your voyage too tiring?” he said, bowing gracefully and with a little flourish.

Frederico smiled a weary smile, deep circles beneath his eyes. He looked a bit less than fresh and he had had no time to fix himself up. He still had his light pack on his shoulder, which he let drop as he reached to shake Takeda's hand.

“I am used to international travelling. It caused me no serious discomfort, I dare say.”

Takeda took the handshake vigorously.

“I am glad to hear it! I was afraid that a gent of Jerbiton would be appalled at travelling in economic class, but you have, thankfully, proven me wrong. I regret not being able to accomodate you better, but alas my organization is a bit tight on funds. Perhaps I can invite you for your first meal in Japan?” Takeda said as he motioned to the table he was sitting.

“Gladly. Thank you for your hospitability, Mr. Takeda. I am in your care.” Frederico answered, bowing slightly.

“Well aren't you the polite boy! You are probably the most polite mage I have met yet!”

“You must not have met many people of House Jerbiton, then. We make it a point of honour to follow social protocols and niceties. We know how to adjust according to the countries, too. Etiquette is civilization, Mr. Takeda.” Frederico answered, taking his bag as he approached the table along with his host.

They both took seat and Frederico noted to himself that the location itself seemed rather expensive – especially for a man who confessed to a lack of funds. This notion was confirmed when the food arrived. Not only did his host enjoy expensive wines, but the food was a mix of Japanese and world fusion. Gels and blobs along with sushis and sashimis. Frederico hid his dismay with a practice smiled. The two of them exchanged pleasantries as Frederico pretended to eat some of his food.

“Are you not hungry, Frederico?” Takeda finally asked.

“I am afraid that travel has made my stomach a bit upset. It is nothing to worry about, I assure you.” He lied.

“Of course! How rude of me!”

Their eyes turned to the city below.

“A marvel, isn't? A true cosmopolis, a city of the future! Glittering and shimmering, concrete, steel and glass in their most stark expression! I cannot wait to show to you its many wonders! Oh. Perhaps it is not your taste? I understand that it's quite different from your beloved cities of Europe?” he said, noticing the dark expression upon Frederico's face.

Frederico shifted uneasily in his chair, clearly hesitating and struggling internally. Finally he broke his tense silence.

“Well, Mr. Takeda, it is not everyday that one is confronted with such a clear manifestation... of everything I hate in this world.”

This raised one of Mr. Takeda's eyebrow.

“There is nothing human to this city. I have travelled by bus, cab, and foot to our current location, and all I could think of is how hostile this city is to human life. Hey live in the shadows of its skyscraper, herded from one light to another, avoiding speeding cars. In that sense, I suppose I have seen much worst – Hong Kong and Beijing and Manilla are all terrible cities in that sense. Japan seem to have really embraced industrialization – and perhaps nowhere else have I see such a dedication to such crass materialism and embrace of alienation. Your city, Mr. Takeda, is a dystopian nightmare made real. I shudder to think that there is even worse out there.”

Frederico took a sip of water, still looking at the city below.

“It's not that different from Europe, Mr. Takeda. In great cities everywhere this modernity sprouts in jagged edges, growing like bad weed through the rubble of the last great war and the green pockmarked pastures of my ancestors. Sharp metal edges creeping, piercing through the sediments of history that lay on Europe like a sheet of snow. They choke out those beautiful and cultivated flowers that grow from that rich soil.”

He turned to Takeda.

“Have you heard of the story the Snow Queen, Mr. Takeda?”

“I cannot say I have, Mr. Fulc-Este.” He answered. Frederico took another sip of his water.

“It is one of the tales by Hans Christian Handerson. It is not known as well as certain more popularized tales, but it is perhaps my favourite of his. In the story you have a troll, The Devil, who creates a mirror – a mirror that distorts everything someone sees for the worst. It magnifies the worst in all things. The Devil, then, who teaches a little devil school, has his student raise the mirror to the heavens, hoping to make a fool of God and his angels. The mirror, shaking in anticipation and delight as he nears the top of the very sky, falls out of the hands of the devils and his shattered in a million pieces. Tiny, tiny pieces, big as grains of sand. The pieces lodged themselves into the eyes and hearts of men, turning their heart to ice and their eyes into troll-mirrors themselves. Such is the fate of Kai, the friend of Gerda, who is the protagonist. The boy becomes cruel and aggressive and ends up leaving with the Snow Queen. Gerda pursues him and has many adventures to retrieve him and the boy is eventually saved through the power of love, which melts his heart and clears his eyes.”

“A lovely story, though I do not see why you would bring it up, Mr. Fulc-Este.”

“The men who built this city, to me, must be under the spell of the troll-mirror. Metaphorically speaking, of course. They see evil and twisted thing and think them good while they jeer and hate what his good and beautiful. This era has been built by the disciples who attended dutifully the devil school. Not millions, but billions, are infected by shards that make men into hard, ugly and vicious creatures. Sometimes I wonder if it is not I who has had his heart and eyes infected. Perhaps it is me, I tell myself, whose heart is made of ice, and it is my eyes who are now glassed over. Perhaps it is I who is evil and wretched and cannot appreciate the beauty of our world.

But I think not, Mr. Takeda. I think I am very much on the side of the Good, the True, and the Beautiful. Our world has always been ugly, though it has always had it's gardens of beauty. This era is just different in that all of our gardens have been taken over or under attack. It spreads like a malignant cancer.

And I am not sure the power of love can save it this time.

Of course, I am lucky to have a bit more than the power of love on my side.” he said, finally smiling as he touched his bag, which was in fact a violin case.

“Beauty is the greatest good, Mr. Takeda. I am not a platonist – beauty is not some kind of supernatural truth. It is something to be found and cultivated. Beauty is found in action. We must endeavour to live beautifully. People have forgotten this. I try to help. My performances are a refreshing oasis in a life spent in a baleful desert of drudgery.”

“I am impressed, Mr. Fulc-Este. I have never seen a mage speak like this. You are much more than I expected, and I expected a lot from the recommendation I was given.”

“You flatter me, Mr. Takeda.” Frederico blushed, self-conscious of his outburst. He disliked showing his inner thoughts, and to think he had done so to a stranger. On the other hand, it was probably for the best – if they were going to work together, he might as well know what he was working with.

“Perhaps you could tell me about your own reasons to start this little association, Mr. Takeda” Frederico pressed, turning the spotlight back on Takeda.

Takeda smiled.

“Please forgive me, Mr. Fulc-Este, but a good magician cannot give his best trick at the beginning of the show. I must beseech your patience – this much will be revealed by the time our other guests arrive. I will release you back in my ugly city until the right time – but I assure you I have arranged plenty of entertainment for this evening. Can I count on your presence then?

“Of course. It is the least I can do.”

“Thank you. In this case, I will arrange for someone to bring you to your hotel. Quarters will be quickly arranged for you, but I thought it would be better if you had a chance to recover at an international hotel before transitioning to our Japanese peculiarities.”

“I am thankful for your conscietiousness, Mr. Takeda. I will see you tonight, then.”

[...]

Frederico was surprised to find himself seated among hooded figures for the evening. Takeda certainly had a flair for the dramatic. He was afraid for a moment that he had been involved in much direr business than what he had been led to believe and this Takeda was in fact some sort of maniac.

Fortunately, it turns out that they were simply other mages brought to the place without their consent – for the simple reason that they did not know that they were mages. Uninitiated. Some precautions had to be taken when dealing with them. It was a well understood rule that mages ought to remain a secret to the world abroad – even house Jerbiton, which involved itself considerably in the world of the sparkless nevertheless drew lines between themselves and the common folk without power.

He gracefully accepted the Chianti offered by Takeda. He took a good whiff of the stuff – looking to the casual observer as if he imitated the routines of expert wine tasters, but he was in fact checking for any detectable substances or poisons. He noticed nothing and hoped to the gods that it was not poisonned with something undetectalbe as he drank. It was some real good quality Chianty. He noted, again, the disparity between Takeda claiming the relative poverty of his organization against the luxury he seemed to enjoy.

He observed each of the other mages around the table, taking note of anything noteworthy. The man called Christian Dior by Takeda was of particular interest – there was something about him that was familiar, and yet not. This troubled him. He observed the young man above his glass as Takeda went on with his speech.

When the doors were openned and the food and their irresistible aromas revealed, Frederico had to contain his excitement. He was starving. He had eaten nothing in the last 24 hours. He had had nothing on the plan and he went straight to bed after the “breakfast” with Takeda earlier. He would have salivated if his manners were not so perfect. The platters were arrayed in front of the revealed guest. As he saw that no one took the initiative, he broke the awkwardness of the situation by rising and taking some food for himself.

“By all means, enjoy the food. It is a hallmark of wizard hospitality to at least try the food offered to you by your host.” He said as he went for a combination of pates, bruschettas, bread, cheeses, marinades and jams and fruits.

“Food brings men together. Men delights in the company of men. Hopefully this is the start of something wonderful. The world of magic is a wonderful one – just like this food, in fact. Trust me – this is not fairy food. Nothing bad will happen to you from taking a bit.” He said with a reassuring smile.  

Edited by Vafhudr, 29 January 2015 - 03:32 AM.

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Max -- China

Jonathan and Max were whisked away to China. Years ago, a statement like that might require some prefacing, but at this point it was passé. Jonathan did as Jonathan pleased, and what pleased Jonathan was to inconvenience Max. He was quite good at it--China was a massive inconvenience. The air was dirty, the mobsters were imposing and terrifying, and there was far too much red. Jonathan always asked Max to paint the world red for him, and Max often considered doing so with his master's blood, but he had never followed through. Perhaps needless to say, but Max no longer liked the color red.

"Yes Young Master, you did mention that once before. Such marvelous insight," he said while exhaling sharply. He had never dropped the title of Young Master, despite the fact that Jonathan was 28. Max thought of it as a form of rebellion and disrespect. Jonathan likely didn't think anything about it at all. Or about anything at all, for that matter.

Entering the room, Max's dour expression shifted to something slightly more appropriate for the situation. Perhaps it was reverence, or an attempt at holding a genuine interest in the circumstances of their visit. He was quite good with looking like he was enjoying himself. The Master often said how happy he looked taking care of Jonathan, and Max didn't think Jonathan's father was needlessly cruel to his staff, so he must have actually thought that. Or perhaps he didn't. His son was a bastard, and he had to have gotten it from somewhere. At this moment, however, Max was particularly humorless, and he resumed scowling.

Walking behind Jonathan, he stood just behind and to his left. There were no seats for him, but Jonathan would likely not notice. I fucking hate you he thought.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

2ic7b0h.jpg

~::Draga Lazarević::~

Lazarević Family Manor, Time:  9:43

“Milady, you will be late.”

In the monotone voice of the maid a hint of impatience could be sensed.  Really, this girl doesn’t take her commitments seriously! They were actually late at this point. The invitation she received said to come to at 10:30 and there’s no way to reach the Foreign Embassy from Lazarević manor in half an hour. What’s worse is that princess has been mulling over what to wear for the last hour and still showed no signs of finally making a choice!

“Jovana, the meeting I’m about to have is very important, I have no intention on running the first impression by failing to dress properly.”

If you worry about the impression you’ll give, isn’t being late even worse? Jovana, the maid, bit her tongue and didn’t point out the flaw in Draga’s logic. Because she followed them from Yugoslavia she was allowed a lot of leeway when addressing the Princess and her mother when compared to maids hired in Russia, but there were still limits to how impudent you can be. Instead she limited herself to internal sigh as Draga discarded another dress and began searching her wardrobe again…

Half an hour later

After picking a black dress with red decorations, Draga finally became conscious of the time.

“Jovana, why didn’t you warn me that I was running late?”

Maid deserved the Nobel Prize for not lashing out. Instead, she calmly responded:

“I’m terribly sorry milady. However, Anton has already prepared the car, so if you hurry up now you will not be late by much.” Incredible optimism.  

“Alright. I don’t have time to say goodbye to mother, so tell her I left for me.”

“Will do.  Have a safe trip milady.”

On route to the Foreign Embassy 

In the car, with the background music of engine’s humming and surrounding traffic, the thoughts she tried to push away by playing the dressing-up game and teasing Jovana all came forward from the depths of her mind.

An invitation to the “Princess in the House Quaesitor”… This was the first time Draga came in contact with that other, supernatural side of the world since her mother revealed the secret of her lineage and taught her the ways of magic. It would be a lie to say that Draga wasn’t anxious about the incoming meeting, but there was also doubt and fear as to why did this “Meera Taylor” want to meet her. She wasn’t Russian, at least judging from her name, so that’s probably why she wanted to meet at the embassy.  Could she possibly be some kind of assassin sent from the usurpers to finish the remnants of the Rose Dynasty?  

Or, maybe, she was an ally?  

With this thought Draga looked outside of the car’s window. Moscow was beautiful, majestic even after all the trials it experienced in recent times.  When she came to this city she was only a child. She grew up here, learned about magic here, had people she called friends here, became a woman here. Most of her life was spent here.

But Moscow was too cold for her. Even though the Imperator of Russia and his family never treated her as political tool or liability and always showed utmost respect and hospitality, Moscow always lacked the warmth of a home to Draga. Home is where the heart lies, and her heart was filled with memories of another city.

She closed her eyes. The image of that one time when her father allowed her a visit to the fortress Kalemegdan was clear in her mind. She stood at the fortress’ terrace, at the base of Victor, looking at the confluence of the two rivers. To her right was Danube, and across it the Great War Island, as untamed and green as it was before the city was founded. To her left was Sava, and across it the New City, housing thousand families, built during her grandfather’s reign. The entire landscape was dyed red by the setting sun. If she concentrates, she can feel the warmth of its rays…

“Milady, we are here.” The voice of Anton, her chauffeur, returned her to the present.

As she was leaving the car and entering the Foreign Embassy, a hope which she tried to avoid since she received the invitations crept into Draga’s thoughts.

Maybe this meeting was the first step on her road back home?

The Foreign Embassy , Time: 11:07

Between the appearance of Meera Taylor, her rude non-greeting, having two gypsies tossed in front of her and being told that the building she was in was about to collapse, it is hard to say which came as a bigger surprise to Draga.

But the princess wasn’t a witless person and she quickly recovered her composure, swallowed all complaints and question she had, and followed the red-haired woman.

jhdesg.gif

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
Oscar didn't appreciate the bag that had been thrust over her head. Or the trip. Or the car ride. Or the chair, the food, the table, the rambling man. Perhaps she was pouting but she had good reason. Mr Hanz, an old war survivor, was dying. She didn't get to be there. She didn't get to hear his stories.

Instead she was here listening to some lunatic talk. There were four others. Maybe they were lunatics too but she didn't care. Perhaps she was being childish - this was basically a weird version of Harry Potter come to life that she was ignoring - but as he mentioned she was a minor. This was her sacred right as a teenager. No one could take that away from her.

The lunatic's toady perked up and mentioned that the food wasn't made by faeries. Well duh. Faeries probably don't use bags over heads to kidnap people. They'd probably use fairy dust or something.

Oscar calmly got up and picked some things off of the platters. A bowl of soup. A hunk of bread. A pitcher of icey water. It was a bit of a juggle to bring back to the table, but it was necessary to have all three things. Firstly, the soup.

She lifted it up and had a smell. From the aroma she thought it was tomato soup, but it seemed a bit different to what she was used to. The scents tickled her nose. The bowl was quite hot and was beginning to bother her fingers. Just perfect. Oscar hurled the bowl of hot soup at the man's toady. On her back-swing she sent the pitcher sliding across the table and into the lap of the ponce. Dior something.

She kept the bread for herself. It was very good.

ika4QNM.png

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

EGNHoso.jpg

Chapter Two: Fantasy Poetry

You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.

-Shannon L. Alder

Triad Mansion

Shenzhen, China

Time: 2:18

Caixia shrugged, the smile never leaving her face.

“Your loss.”

And with that, she reclined onto the couch, taking it all up for herself, sighing happily. With a toothpick in her mouth, and a smartphone in her hand, Caixia appeared to just be a lazy teenage girl.

“Anyways, I brought you two over here because of two things: first, you’re going to meet your um, plus one, for this event you two will be heading off to.”

Tossing the toothpick with her free hand, Caixia eyed as the wooden stick flew into the air and bounced softly off Jonathan’s head and onto the floor. Smirking, she resumed her activities on the phone.

“Second, you two will be given a mission, by me personally. Now, say what you like, but I don’t think either of you two, or even both of you combined, could make me sweat if you attacked. But I could twist all the muscles in your body, and then break all your bones, and I’ll end it with crushing your skulls. So I recommend you take my word for it, my beloved cousin and Sir Max.”

Shutting off the smartphone, Caixia slipped the device into her left jacket pocket and turned her head to the right, eyeing both men that were in front of her. The look in her eyes was surprisingly ancient, as if she had seen the whole world over the course of many centuries. It wasn’t the eyes of a teenage girl, but then again, a teenage girl typically doesn’t rule over a magi organization and one of the biggest crime syndicates in the world.

“Now, out of good will, I am sending you to a man named ‘Takeda’. You will be working under him and achieving his goals, because I find that between that Japanese and I, we have…common ambitions. However, we only share goals, but I don’t think I trust his vision. So you two are going over there to be my spies – I’d also include the plus one, but he’s a bit of a…lost case, so to speak. So what will it be, dear cousin – is this mission too massive for you?”

Outside the Foreign Embassy

Moscow, Russia

Time: 11:10

About six seconds after Meera Taylor lead the three outside of the Foreign Embassy, with all of their belongings in my hand, something started playing over the speakers just located outside the building. Everyone stood still, and Meera pulled her sunglasses back above her eyes, staring rather incredulously at the speaker. A song began to play – a classic song, rather – and it continued to play, as if mocking the red-haired woman and the entire city, for that matter.

Hey~ Hey~ What’s the matter with your head? Yeah~

Hey~ Hey~ What’s the matter with your head and your sign?

And~a Oh~oh~

Hey~ Hey~ Nothin’s a matter with head, baby, find it~

Come on and find it~

Hell with it, baby, ‘cause you’re fine and you’re mine~

And you look so divine~

Snarling, Meera looked incredibly angry, as well as disgusted.

“That bastard has a really sick sense of humor.”

And not a moment after, an explosion could be heard above everyone’s head. The top of the foreign embassy was lined with flags of the different countries it represented, and each flag began to burn as an explosion from inside the top floor of the building began to set off a chain reaction of other explosions running down the entire embassy, before reaching the bottom and causing the entire building to collapse on itself.

Come and get your love~

Come and get your love~

Come and get your love~

Come and get your love~

Meera quickly lead her Ecaterina, Draga, and Marut towards a black SUV, and opening the rear trunk of the card, Meera threw all the possessions everyone was carrying in there, and ushering everyone into the car, Meera jumped into the driver’s seat and began driving away from the flaming remains of the Embassy.

As Meera drove through the streets, swerving around people escaping from the explosions, the radio suddenly turned on, and the same song began to play earlier, as if continuing the taunt.

Hey~ Hey~ What’s the matter with your feel right?

Don’t you feel right, baby?

Hey~ Oh, yeah~ Get it from the main line, alright~

I said-a find it, find it~

Darling, love it if you like it~ Yeah~

Hey~ Hey~ It’s your business if you want some~

Take some, get it together, baby~

Annoyed, Meera almost punched the radio, but taking a deep breath and regaining her composure, she silently switched off the radio, gritting her teeth. The SUV neared the exits of Moscow, but it seemed as if the policing force had set up barricades, effectively putting the entire city in lockdown. Sighing, Meera stopped the car and placed her head against the steering wheel.

“Well, kids, we have two ways out, and both of them are illegal, in a sense. Either I drive this car through that barricade and we try to get away in the resulting chaos, or we take the alternative route: underground.”

Outside the Duciel Residence

Paris, France

Time: 15:45

Alaina had been tailing Michael from above, stealthily moving across buildings like a cat burglar in the middle of the night. She watched from a building across the street as Michael made his way to the house where the family was staying during the visit, only to find his parents comforting their host, just outside the house.

“Mikey, you’re okay!”

His adopted mother gave him a hug, while the Duciels continued to look devastated. Auntie Duciel made her way to Mikey, and tugged at his jacket.

“You haven’t seen Laura, have you? They said she suddenly disappeared without all of her stuff from school a few hours ago. I think she was kidnapped!”

Michael could only shake his head – he hadn’t exactly been close to Laura to begin with, and had no idea where she even went to school. That said, it seemed as if he’s the only person that could begin the search for her, so he decided to make his way to the police station, or at least ask around about his cousin. After receiving the directions he needed to make a search radius, Michael left the residence and towards Laura’s school.

Alaina continued to eye Michael, and hidden from sight, she made followed the young man as he began the search for the missing Laura Duciel.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Frederico Fulc-Este

Maestro

Spilled Soup

The bowl of soup smashed into Frederico's face, knocking him backward and splashing soup all over his face and upper body. He let out a yelp of surprise and pain as he fell to the ground, a hand where the bowl had struck him. Covered in warm soup, he rose, with blood on his face and tears at the corner of his eyes. This day was just fucking awful. His shirt was ruined, his hair was ruined. He was seeing in red – and it was not because of the tomato soup.

He swore loudly in German which transitioned into Italian and finally into English as he glared at “Oscar” - if his face was not already red from the tomato soup, it would be red from all the blood that was currently rushing to it from anger and shame. He did not even glanced at the bemused Takeda as he took his chair, took a few step around the table up to Oscar and smashed her in the face with the chair. He came at her with a side swipe, rising the chair above the table with strenght one would not have suspected from a man who had, once, such an impeccable haircut and manners.

Wizard hospitality be damned.  

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Misty

Misty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNowheres That Are Islands

Ecaterina had heard him mumble in Romanian to himself and it didn’t take much logic to figure out what the man who looked like he’d literally been chewed on by something with big pointy teeth was talking about.  He was sort of handsome in the brawler sort of way, she’d seen people that looked like him when she was younger or disobeying Attano’s requests for her to cease hanging around with the wrong sort.

The girl they’d been dragged up to looked like a princess.  And Ecaterina, a girl who had been raised by a culture that values beauty and a certain sort of wealth found herself both revolted by the waste on display and drawn to the natural beauty this girl was covering with it. When they’d begun to run Ecaterina proved quite adept, she had after all spent much of her life running. 

The problem was, that by the time they’d arrived to the car she was wheezing uncontrollably, had paled considerably, and had to be pushed into the car by the woman where she continued to sit coughing and digging around in her backpack until much to the surprise of everyone she produced a cell-phone and with a hand shaking from her coughing fit dialed Attano’s number.

He answered in a slow voice that sounded tired, and perhaps this was why he didn’t say her full-name, “What is it, Rina?”  She wheezed into the phone and they could all hear him shout, “Front pocket, I told you six times it is in the front pocket you stupid/” she put the phone down digging out an inhaler and desperately used it sitting silently for several moments before she picked the phone back up only to find the phone line had gone dead. 

It was then that her attention returned to the present and her surroundings.  What in the hell was going on?  Why was she with these people?  She glanced about and leaned forward to the woman speaking in her usual accent heavy English.

“I don’t know about the rest of these folk, but I would always rather leave my fortune up to my own feet than some car and I’ve lived in sewers back in my homeland. I do not fear the underground, at least there no eyes can find you. Still, seeing as you are all I have until I can get out of Moscow, I will stay with you at least until you tell me what is going on.”

tumblr_ni6jaspy7M1tgmuxgo1_r1_500.png

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
House Ex Miscellanea Mansion
Shenzhen, China
Time: Urgh... who even knows that sort of thing?

It was a very strange dream Rudy found himself having. There was dancing, whirling, drinking and twirling. Forays into giggling bushes with a masked lady. A whole lot of people had masks actually. The posh kind. All blank faces and top hats. A woman with fire in her hair and electricity in her eyes, beautiful like she'd been pulled straight from a fairy tale. Nicole's voice could be heard somewhere in the distance, faint and indistinct. He ignored it and danced, danced with his fairy tale princess. There was hours of drinking, dancing and general flirting. Nicole's voice would cut in every once in a while, threatening all manner of harmful acts, but he had no idea why, and he cared not, for tonight he was with another woman. And they were talking. Talking about everything and nothing. Together they fought off an angry fiance. They made plans to run away. They watched the sunrise together. They-

PAIN! So much pain! What was going on? Rudy felt around in some attempt to get a his sense of what the hell was happening to him. All he figured out was that he was on a floor and apparently had a stomach full of hot coal.

"We’re supposed to be meeting the Mistress and the other 'new' members of the house. So get dressed, brush your teeth, wash your face, and shave that goddamn beard." Commanded a familiar voice. Aaaaand it was Nicole. Of course it was. This explained everything. The floor he was on must be his own, and the hot coals in his stomach must be Nicole's. She'd probably punched him or kicked him or something. He hated it when she did that, which was surprisingly often. It was a really awful way to wake up. And you panic trying to figure out what had happened so much that you completely forget the wonderful dreams you were probably having. He knew he should have set up a barrier over his door frame to keep her out.

Nicole promptly tossed a bottle of pills on his floor and left. She was in what can only be described as a furious mood, though Rudy liked to call it her normal mood. After a long moment Rudy decided to brave the perils of standing up. He got to his feet rather ungracefully and picked up the pill bottle. He took the pill bottle over to his set of drawers and placed it on top next to a bottle of expensive champagne and a fancy looking mask. He had no idea how they got there, but he knew he'd found a better painkiller than the pills. He put a little barrier over the top of the champagne bottle and drank the rest of the bottle. The barrier turned out to be a good call as it stopped him from drinking two cigarette butts an earring and a penny. He pocketed the penny.

Next he went into his little en-suite bathroom and took a quick barrier shower. A cool lazy-man's trick Rudy made up one day. You make a barrier that doesn't let dirt, sweat or general filth through. And then you simply step through the barrier. All clean. Perfect. Oh. A little tip. You should still do it in the shower though, all the mess just drops onto the floor, and then you have something else to clean. Rudy learned that the hard way.

After that Rudy brushed up, checked his hair was still on his head and got dressed. He left the beard. That would annoy Nicole to no end, and he wanted a little payback for the rude awakening. With everything seeming to be in order he left for the super important meeting that absolutely wasn't going to be boring and a massive waste of his time at all.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

The Abandoned Cave

Letting out a groan Iam regained his consciousness

What the hell?

he was surrounded by unfamiliar scenery. all of his limbs were tied up.

he tried to recollected his memories before this.

After finally break free from his two idiotic parents, he planned to visit the his great great grandfather's place in Sweden.

Maybe he could learn more about his family origin or about alchemy that he so fond of.

He required his travel fee by selling some of his "painkiller pill" to some locals

While He was on the bus from Copenhagen to Malmo.

Someone stopped the bus and then he lost his consciousness.

"AAAAAaaaaaaaaararghh"

An angry scream brought his mind back to the present.

he look at the direction where the scream coming from and then a dark figure come into sight.

and in his hand holding a freshly cut woman head.....

scaredtodeathplz.gif?1 he felt that his soul was trying to escape the body, out from his mouth....

“Why cry? You experienced this before – losing someone important to you. Toughen up kid, because you’re not going to have enough tears for what happens next.”

What? Next? There's a next? Nononono this has never happen to me before. th_0tasma.gif

For God's sake, if i knew this is gonna happen, I don't mind being my parent's lab-rat for life comebackplz.gif?1

as He began to reminisce his past 

The dark figure, features invisible to all four of them in the cave, stood up with a sigh as he tossed the woman’s head into a bucket. Walking over to a dark corner of the cave, the man whipped out a cellphone, muttering into it.

Iam then look at his surrounding and found out that he's not the only one there.

there are Two Beauties nosebleedonionplz.gif?1 ......

And one older black male, they're all also tied up like him. 

One of the girls got her mouth taped up.

There's also a lot of disposed scalpel bladed on the floor.

Iam begin to think.

All of his potions that he stored in his backpack are nowhere in his sight.

even if he freed himself and the other, he didn't have any confidence that he can overcome the dark figure that was in front of him.th_107_.gif

But just sitting there would sealed his fate Permanently.

I have to try even if the chance are slim, it's not zero

With that in mind he took one of the disposed scalpel blade and start to cut off the rope that tied him up.

After that he goes to the girls near him and intend to cut their rope too

and hoping the call didn't end before he could break free the black man too

Edited by imnosaint, 02 February 2015 - 02:07 PM.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

The Abandoned Cave

Laura

As weird as it can seem, Laura's first thought, when she regained consciousness upon seeing someone cutting another person's head was,

Cool. There's less blood than usual.

Wait. That was unusual. Her nightmares never featured this before.
It was too dark. And why the hell was she tied up?
Something was seriously wrong.
And then the haze covering her mind turned into shreds.
Unknown dark place with no other lights than a mere lantern?
Tied up?
Had she been abducted..?
Right. There's that "cousin", Michel Santos, was it? 
He was gone before I get to meet him. To the Eiffel Tower?
I was at school an then...
I was kidnapped during the break. 
Yeah, was absorbed by the music, I didn't hear anyone approach.
I didn't expect being aggressed in broad daylight... I was too careless...
The young girl looked around. She could see a black boy and a girl with tape on her mouth, both in their twenties, as well as a boy looking slightly younger than she was.
Okay... So till' I know their names, it's Blackie, Onee-san, and Whitie.
The man in the dark tossed the head into a bucket.
What's that bucket even doing here?
The children all seemed tied up.
There were scalpel blades on the floor.
Cold sweat ran down her back.
There was the criminal, too. The murderer.
Murdy?
She had good night vision, but all she could tell was that he was holding a cellphone, and muttering into it.
She noticed a bit of blood running from the boy's -Whitie's- nose when he looked at her and Onee-san.
Was he hit?
He managed to get a blade, and started cutting the ropes.
That's rather careless... But can I really just wait and see?
There are weapons here too...
But Blackie doesn't seem to be in state of doing anything... 
What if he gets caught up in a fight with Murdy? At least it'd be one against three or two, but..
Whitie then started to free her from her ropes.
Once they were loose enough, Laura whispered to him.
"Hey, go free the other girl. I can manage to free myself alone now. Don't waste time."
He had the good idea to do as she said.
This way, if Murdy notices and ties him up again, he won't touch my seemingly still attached ropes.
Maybe. But there's still a slim chance.
Murdy was still at his cellphone. 
Laura discretely grabbed a blade and hid it into her trousers, within reach of her fingers.
She still looked captive- that would give her an advantage for an eventual surprise attack.
And he probably wouldn't search there.
Although that would be the last resort.
Never turn a posible threat into a certain one. Although here, it seems like an almost-certain threat.

Edited by Nualie, 29 January 2015 - 09:36 PM.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little.