Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Cover of Volumes

AKB49 Volume Cover

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SageSasami

SageSasami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Has any one ever took the time to check out the cover of AKB49. There art is great and Minori/Minoru is always somewhere on the cover be it small or right there in the foreground. But here ultimate kicker, I believe that volume 12 and 13 go together to make a picture of Minori throwing a snowball at Minoru. I thought it was a cute touch and I look around online and found no one else had commented on the fact. So I hope fans will take some time to go gaze at the great cover art now.

Attached Files

EraMemory

EraMemory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Indeed they are. They are, indeed, my favourite covers of all the series.

I intended to write down this somewhere before but I figure here is as good a place as any, then, to discuss the covers of the AKB49 volumes.

Tw3viPBs.jpg

The cover of volume 1 features, of course, the forever center of AKB, Maeda Atsuko, as is iconic of AKB48. Minoru in a skirt is also there to introduce his character and role in the series.

ZoLR5nws.jpg

Volume 2 features Oshima Yuuko, the 2nd center of AKB48, feeling up Urakawa Minori. Yuuko is a known groper within the 48 groups, and it is not uncommon to be ambushed by her in the changing room.

spjm9FJs.jpg

On Volume 3 you see Watanabe Mayu dragging Minori through the streets of Akihabara. Mayuyu was famous for being a otaku before she joined AKB48, and was disappointed upon finding out that most of the other members weren't into anime.

WcIH8v3s.jpg

Volume 4 is fan-favourite Takahashi Minami, apparently. Takahashi Minami, the Captain of team A and publicly-recognised leader of AKB48 back then, often takes cares of her members, such as the caring act shown here as covering Minori with a blanket as she naps unglamorously.

Teiys1ss.jpg

Volume 5 you see Minori on a photoshoot with Kashiwagi Yuki as it rains, apparently interrupting the photoshoot. Kashiwagi Yuki is a famous ame-onna (rain girl) who brings on rain, despite being a weather girl on Hiruobi. During the shooting of her first solo photobook, all 3 days were plagued with rain, making it very difficult to continue the shoots.

sdzJEKvs.jpg

On Volume 6 we see Shinoda Mariko at a cafe, alluding to the extra chapter as Urakawa and her eats curry, her favourite food. There are several references here- Mariko is famous for her saying 'Curry is the only thing that won't betray you', and her behavior (ordering many different curries for Urakawa, forcing her to eat them by herself) is famous of her Sadist character, often giving muchaburi (unreasonable tasks) to other members as a form of practical joke. The title of the extra chapter, Onaka kara Mariko (Mariko from the stomach) is also alluding to the single she centers, Ue kara Mariko (Mariko from above).

KN6l0YJs.jpg

On Volume 7 we see Itano Tomomi in one of her costumes as she performs on stage.

fWKdOB3s.jpg

Volume 8 is Kojima Haruna, about to take a hot spring bath (alluding perhaps to her line of work in such areas due to her nice body).

Sw4OWu4s.jpg

Volume 9 is Sashihara Rino, on the beach in a swimsuit, as the book was published during the time Not Yet came out with their summer song Kaki Gori (Shaved Ice). You can see Minoru making Kakigori in the background.

zUbE2qSs.jpg

Volume 10 is Miyazawa Sae, set in a jungle, referencing the extra chapter in that series as they traverse the jungle.

I can't yet post the rest of the pictures, due to having hit a limit :P I'll finish posting the rest once this post is replied, and finish the rest of the covers :D

If anyone would like to know more about AKB48, or has any questions regarding AKB49, feel free to ask away :)

Translator of AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei series

Also translator of various AKB48 videos

Edited by EraMemory, 02 February 2015 - 09:51 AM.

Tofuramu

Tofuramu

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

Alice is on vol. 25

Haruko on vol. 26? (guess)

Okabe on vol. 27 (prediction)

zzvelzingzz

zzvelzingzz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Alice is on vol. 25

Haruko on vol. 26? (guess)

Okabe on vol. 27 (prediction)

wow

Edited by zzvelzingzz, 03 April 2016 - 06:12 PM.

Tofuramu

Tofuramu

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

wow

I hope you're not sarcastic. This prediction was made before volume covers 26 and 27 were released :/

I also own volumes 23-29 now too. Some of them came with special photobooks of them. Alice cover had Alice PB, Okabe cover had Okabe PB. I thought Hiroko's was going to have a PB, but I didn't realize until later, she already had 2 PBs in previous volumes.

Minori's/final volume has Takamina omake chapter book which I thought at first was going to be a Takamina PB.

Edited by Tofuramu, 04 April 2016 - 05:43 PM.