Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shattered Skies

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Update 0 - Prologue

Battle for Feldine, Day 49

My father told me that we were once the ruler of this world. We build our homes high in the sky, and that we oversaw all things that walked the land below, swam in the sea or flew through the lower atmosphere. We were kings once, or even Gods. Everything was in our hands. Nothing could compromise our place in this world. Though to be honest, I find that story kinda hard to imagine after we look at where we are now, after a relatively short 300 years: Petty soldiers, fighting through day 49 of our struggle to keep the bloody Etrangers from overrunning Feldine. This is all that we are now, folks.

Here we are, hollering ourselves in these trenches that reek of death, aiming and shooting at the endless waves of critters: small creatures made of fangs, claws, muscles, and thick carapace; or as we prefer to call it, little death eaters. They just don’t seem to stop coming for us. I can’t even comprehend how so many critters managed to pour out through single breached gate. We have one, as in ONE, heavily guarded gate, and they managed to break through. Seriously, what have we done to deserve this? Where did we go wrong?

That is the question I ask myself every time I pull the trigger. It helps ward off the drowsiness, I realize. It generates within me, a hatred towards these bloody critters that makes it easier for me to keep going through this endless cycle of fire and blood. Alas, for some of us; most of us, even; that is a question that will never be answered. And it seemed that, in an immediate future, I will be amongst the rank of those who will never find the answer to that question.

For here, in front of me, charging with hungering glee, are a few dozen of the blasted critters. They have managed to slip through our wall of bullets somehow. I see the end. They jump at me with their fangs bared; I don’t even have the luxury to scream. In a few seconds, now, I will be reduced to shreds of red meat. And a pool of blood, maybe, hopefully.

This is it, then. Goodbye.

---

“First Lieutenant Gethel, mam!” a loud voice entered the tense commander’s ears through her earphone. “The first line of defense is breached! Junction Alpha is overrun, we no longer have control over the tunnels, and the steel gates won’t hold. We cannot hold the line much longer at this rate!”

“Casualties?” she replied with the calmest tone she could manage.

“The 4th squad has gone completely silent commander. I am afraid they’re all dead,” the voice over the radio replied.

“... I see,” was her reply to it. “Take your men and fall back to second wall, Sergeant Oleg. Leave the dead behind; time is of essence.”

Once she ended the radio transmission, she turned to the group of Anima behind her and begun her speech, “Brave soldiers of Feldine Anima Corps! As you can hear, we are losing on all fronts. The Ets will soon be upon us. And I will not deny it, as someone who does not share your power, I could not help but find fear creeping its way into my heart.”

“But at the same time,” she continued. “I feel that not all hope is lost. You, our greatest weapon of all, are still here with us. I know that this is a monstrous task I am about to give you, especially considering that you yourselves had just returned from another crusade. But please, I beg of you, be our supporting pillar once again.”

“Follow me into the battle one more time, so that our people may escape into safety,” was her last words before a writhing, grotesque, barbed ribbon of flesh pierced her abdomen, coiled around it, and dredged her away from her men, and towards three flying demonic figures covered in dripping blood and countless spikes.

Flyers!” one of the soldiers cried as to alert the others. “Flyers have breached the perimeter! Save the commander!” the soldiers rallied amongst themselves.

To which the commander replied, “No! Protect the walls!

Options:

1. Try and save the captain. We cannot afford to lose her.

Spoiler

2. Hurry to the front line. We cannot let it fall. Captain’s order.

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
So much for shore leave.

Standing with her heels together and chest out, Scorch listened intently with a frown on her face as the news was relayed to the First Lieutenant. Some of her kids had been sent to the walls to keep the inexperienced soldiers far enough away from the fighting so they wouldn't be in the way, but still close enough that they could provide fire support.

"...get them in close to build their confidence and boost their experience..." had been her suggestion at the time. "If we can keep them alive long enough -- what we need are veterans, people who have seen the worst these things can throw at us and come out the other side smiling! If we can do that, then we can start building confidence in our men and improving morale!"

In reality it had been a paper thin excuse to keep her students alive long enough for her to return and carry the weight of fighting on her own shoulders -- one that seemed to be working until just a few seconds ago. Apparently the Ets were pushing aggressively against their defenses as if being goaded by some sort of unseen intelligence, wearing down their morale as a result and building exhausting within the soldiers, not to mention overheating their equipment and...

'...and now they've breached the wall and killed many of my kids,' was all Scorch could think as angry tears pricked the backside of her eyeballs. Blinking them away quickly, she filled her mind instead with the names of her students that had been with the 4th Squad. Eventually their parents would need to be told, to be sat down and explained why they should have been safe on the walls, but weren't.

'Geraldine... Chris... Pike... Raisin...'

Just a few more lousy minutes and Scorch would have been reunited with them, been able to see their too young faces again. Just a few more minutes and she would have had the pleasure of telling them that everything was going to be okay now. Well, it wasn't. If anything, things were getting worse.

Opening her eyes again, just in time to see Gethel being impaled and hauled away, Scorch chose quickly to head for the walls as her abilities would be better spent against land-bound Ets than these flyers. The first lieutenant's fate would have to rest in the hands of the soldiers who stayed behind. Not just her's but everyone's in the area.

Catching one of the convoys, they raced over to the wall just in time to feel it's debris bath their skin. Cursing under her breathe, Scorch quickly took stock of the situation and began ordering many of the soldiers that weren't in fortified positions to fall back to higher ground.

A split second later came the hand signal for the automated turrets to open fire, with particular attention to be payed to the exploder Ets. Sadly she couldn't afford to wait any longer than that, but realistically none of the men near the wall had a chance of outrunning the Ets without suppressive fire. Whether they lived or died now would depend on their legs and the marksmen's aim.

Those exploder Ets though, in a siege situation they were a great addition but also an easy weakness to exploit. One by one they began exploding as the turrets took aim, taking out plenty of other Ets nearest to them. Still it wasn't enough though as they Ets. continued to flood through the hailstorm of explosions and artillery.

"Perfect," Scorch hissed as she ordered the soldiers closest to her to take up a flanking position to the side and away from her. She needed room to work her HGE magic and they were better off killing whatever managed to crawl out of teh ash and flames.

Without a second thought, Scorch activated her second heart and immediately it turned her eyes as black as night while orange, runic shapes appeared on every inch of her skin. The uniform she'd been proudly wearing moments before fell away from her body as it spontaneously combusted to reveal her battle armor underneath.

Bearing her teeth at the wretched creatures, Scorch snapped her fingers and her hands went up in flames like a lighter. Soon she was hurling fireballs at the fiends like an erupting volcano. Where the HGE flames fell to the ground, they lingered for a moment longer, creating areas where the rushing Ets avoided stepping.

Scorch was using this fact to force the Ets into a smaller space, funneling them into the marksmen's scope.

CP + Traits
Spoiler

Edited by Obsession, 11 January 2015 - 12:36 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Midnightcat

Midnightcat

Potato

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Fortress of Solitude

Standing still, far from the attention from the rest of his squad is Dio. Being the main attraction of the crowd is never been his likings, this also applies of how he does his job as an anima and being in the mission of this caliber doesn't change much of his usual behavior.

Wave after wave of grotesque beast that brings death in its every move facing the small group of army, this spells for chaos and no more that. This gory scene keeps flashing by his mind from the start of this mission but somehow he managed to keep it in check under his ice cold expression.

As the young soldier thought flies by thinking of the imminent things to come, the commander continues her speech to the squad members. It was probably going to end with a battle cry judging by the way of the commander talk. But it failed to meets with Dio expectation after an unknown appendages pierced through the captain's abdomen and decided to take her along for a ride.

Following the long dangling flesh that coiled around its victim, Dio's eyes met with a the owner of the elongated tail. A fitting figure that looks equally disgusting as its lower body, it is a flyer class ets. It doesn't take too much time for someone to seek out help for their leader. The group of flyers flew past the squad in a blink of eye.

It is time to make a choice to goes by the captain order before she got caught or make chase for her?

Dio didn't take too much time to make his choice. With a kick from his leg, he leaps out from the ground. Just as the gravity begins to pull him down, a pair of grey colored wing burst out from his back. Sending a gust of wind underneath him, Dio quickly rises in altitude and thus the hunt started.

Following the flyers from a distance gives him some advantage for being unnoticed and let him study the movement of the alien abductor. He noticed the agile movement of the alien as its glide past tall building with ease.Seeing the group of ets that consist of 2 devourer class and 1 gigas class, charging head on is easily a suicide. He need something more sophisticated for a plan.

Scanning around the surrounding for awhile, he caught on a perfect spot for sniping. It is located on one of the many skyscrapers of the city with a few turret towers that surrounds it. Arriving on his chosen spot, Dio switches to his heavy rifle gun and assumed sniping position.

The first thing he need to do is to break down the chain of command and for that taking down the Gigas class is a must. Taking out a few more round of HGE bullets just in case one shot cant do the job, Dio scoped out the flying mass of disgust. He takes another deep breath before squeezing on its gun trigger. Releasing 2 shots aim at what he assumed to be the creature's head.

Edited by Midnightcat, 06 January 2015 - 02:30 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Canaan

As he awaited his orders, his eyes swept across the room. The lot of them seemed scared out of their minds. Staring at them with no emotion at all, it made the others assume he was simply looking down on them. Which wasn't the case, he really thought nothing of the sort but given his silence and lack of expressions, it always made him seem like a cold-hearted monster, well, it scares the shit out of people so to speak. It's not that he can't speak, its just that he chooses not to. Only choosing to speak when the situation calls for it, until then, he relies on his body language. His overwhelming presence and frame leads people to not like being around him. Either out of hate or fear, though, mostly out of fear.

Moments after her radio transmission, First Lieutenant Gethel turned around to all that were behind her and delivered an rousing speech, at least the those in the area, that seemingly raised the fallen spirits of the soldiers. Though, just before finishing she was cut off by a hideous, barbwire like ribbon of flesh to the abdomen that dragged her away from them. As they scrambled in panic to save her, she replied fiercely to defend the city's walls. While the lot of them seemed adamant about staying behind to save her, Canaan didn't think twice about it and decided to follow Scorch towards the front lines. A number of soldiers didn't take too kindly to the fact that he showed no hesitation about making his choice but a swift glare put an end to their objections. It's not that he didn't care if she lived or died, it was an order, one he planned to obey.

Just as they reached the first inner wall, most of them sighed in relief as it still stood but soon their hearts sank errr were crushed, along with their corpses, as the wall came crashing down on them. Wave after wave, the ETs kept on coming with a never-ending swarm of explosions. As Scorch went on a firey rampage and the men closest to her flanked the ETs and took advantage of her attacks, Canaan eyed the Gigas that more than likely were responsible for bringing down the wall. Concluding there was no other choice, he, and a number of others, made their way over towards the Gigas location. They were swarming all over the place but under no circumstances, can they allow those monsters reach the 2nd wall. They were tasked with protecting the wall and they will do it.

With Scorch holding down the fort at one end, Canaan went ahead for the more serious threat. Grabbing his greatsword from his back, he began cutting down the small fry as him and the other soldiers cut themselves a path to the Gigas. Nearing the Gigas, several of the soldiers began bombarding the Gigas as Canaan charged in and prepared a powerful swing towards the Gigas.

CP: 11

- Might: 4 (+3 with Juggernaut)

- Finesse: 1

- Compatibility: 3

Traits:

- Oppressive

- Gritty

Edited by I-Am-X, 11 January 2015 - 12:19 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

-8-

"Recording beginning. Experiment type S, designation F4"

The wind left Eights' hair blowing wildly. Altitude had an odd way of doing that, even underground. She stood at the precipice of a skyscraper, the one with the highest distance between ground and ceiling. Perfect place for her next attempt.

"Goal is to commit suicide. This is the fourth attempt using a fall from height and so far the largest height. Overall, this is the two hundredth and sixteenth attempt."

The sound of explosions and gunfire in the distance punctuated the silence. Ets were attacking, of course. This sort of thing happened once in a while. Eights supposed she should be out there fighting but fighting really wasn't her cup of tea. She'd take corpses from the Ets if she - and the city - survived and try to find their weaknesses.

"This recording is for research purposes only. Due to the nature of the experiment, a successful result will end the experiment. A failed result will utilize this experiments findings for the next one. With that said, experiment starting now"

Without ceremony Eights jumped off the building and plunged downwards towards the ground. Briefly she felt some regret because her lizard might go uncared for, but her thoughts were interrupted by painful impact.

Instantly she realized she had landed far too quickly. A moment later she realized she had landed on the back of a flying Et. She hated fliers; she was unsuited to fighting them when the situation arose. Eights made sure to get a strong grip on the Et before firing a pistol slowly into one of it's wings. She figured that if her experiment was ruined, she should avoid hitting the ground fast. If she could wound the Et just enough it would slowly drop, which would be better for her

And the woman the Et was dragging along.

CP: 15
- Might: 6
- Finesse: 3
Traits:
Mad
Explosive

ika4QNM.png

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Never to late to die hard.

She stood there with a unit of anima unsure what so many doing within the safety of the city insides when the ETs were wreaking havoc on the outside. There were quite a few renowned members here but it was wasteful in her eyes. Last thing she needed was orders from an emotional wreck much like the one who was giving orders now. The little girl did looked fazed. Perhaps, she hadn't been on the frontlines often or she had been on too many. 

Sixteen believed that empathy made you weak, that only the strong deserve to die gloriously. These soldiers were getting what she had craved for so long what is there to be shaken about that. Her thoughts though were cut off as a ribbon of flesh impaled their petite commander and suddenly she was whisked away, right in front of their eyes like a lifeless ragdoll. 

The army unit feverishly tried to rouse the morale to begin the pursuit while the girl ordered them towards the wall. Sixteen just laughed at the situation. Such theatrics over something so mundane, surely these kids were young. As she saw 'Scorch' and 'Titan' make way for the walls she knew that all the best seats would be taken. Afterall, the Iron Wolf would surely be looking closely at the perimeters so much of their fighting capability had already made the decision to reinforce the walls.

So it was a good option to pursue the aerials. Fighting till the point of impact sounded rather amazing in her head. She took the nearest grav bike while others ran around flailing in circles, busy in the proper code and mode of response. She aimed the laser beams for the fliers and let loose the barrage. She wasn't the brightest knife in the closet when it came to ranged weaponry but now was as good as a time as any to try her luck.

As her pursuit took her round a few skyscrapers in a dizzying pattern, her luck paid off. Out of nowhere the Giga got hit with a falling projectile, a projectile that seemed to move and shoot it while holding tight. The other two tried to interrupt but Sixteen's prickling barrage made them unable to close the gap. Soon the automated Turrets will activate when the useless soldiers had find their bearings. Till then it was Sixteen's job to keep the fliers pinned and the unknown anima's to keep irritating the head honcho.

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 11 January 2015 - 09:10 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

The Musician

Sitting in his corner, he wished the world were in a better place. It was easy to do seeing as how the human race was at war with the very spawns of their own greed and gluttony. However, the time to lament has passed years ago. There was no need for such thoughts. Yet they still crossed Nero's mind, after all. He sat there, in his own world and played a dirge for the fallen heroes of this war and the innocents that were claimed. Softly and solemnly, he played the song as if he had watched the tradgedy unfold with his very eyes. It was clear much his heart was dedicated to ending this threat.

Oddly enough, the song was also being played while the horrible news of squad 4 had com. The entire group had been wasted by a surprise attack from the ETs. Nero cut his cords and listened to the words of his commander as she gave orders to reinforce the wall and stop the onslaught of ETs in the area. Her words were pure and just. She was the kind of woman we need in the future. A person Nero respected and in an instant, she was taken away. Captured by the beasts we needed to stop. It was go time. Nero was ready for action. But, with her last words she yelled, "Forget about me. Get to the wall."

Heading to the second wall, Nero saw everyone there was safe and out of harm's way. He definitely could not hide the sorrow his hear felt for those displaced. Being a man of the arts, he was more in touch with his emotions than most men. This was by no means a weakness. His emotions were more controlled that way. He could use them as fuel instead of being consumed by them. He made his way to thr battle site. Placing his hands onto the ground, he launched HGE strings onto the ground. He watched carefully as he essentially created a spider's web around the place. Paying attention to where the smallet ETs were, he would pierce them with a string through the core, from there the string would sprout more strings from different directions attacking mang parts of them at once. This required him to be out of sight and out of mind. Major concentration was needed and he used the cover of night, the distraction of his troop and a nice little hiding spot to pull this off.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts
UPDATE: WALL PRISTINA

The soldiers of Pristina do mankind proud, they face the beast and do not flinch. Instead they respond with laughter and zealous fire. Their enemy came upon them in an endles river. However they stood firm, dividing the river into smaller more manageable streams. This was primarily due to Scorch's efforts in shaping the onslaught

They know that they will not see the next sunrise, but they dont care no ones really seen the sunrise for ages anyway. Though many of them die, their comrades only fight harder in respone.
Soon they are joined by the Anima, the hope of humanity. Perhaps today on this field will they prove their worth. They cut through swathes of the alien scum, teaching them fear. Turning predator to prey.
A wall of mist hangs in the air, the remnants of the volatile class Ets dubbed Seigebreakers. I cant pierce its depths, neither can our sensors.A sudden tremor travels through the ground, as a sudden surge of the smaller Ets, the Fanghund, burst through in a sudden tidal wave. 

The sudden surge from the enemy catches us unawares, they blow past the front line, leaving a litter of body parts and ofcourse pools of blood. I see 24 bodies, I give them a small prayer to the blood gods. However I can still see a island of resistance, 12 soldiers holds off, barely. They are injured, but not enough to be completely useless. I cant help them, not yet, the defense of the wall is the priority.
Then I hear it a whistling, the sound of something flying through the sky. I look up and see them, 8 Seigebreakers hurtling through the sky. Im confused, its not possible they dont have the capability for this kind of mobility. But I dont have the time to ponder this fact.

I try to shoot them down, but they move too fast. Jyu Lee misses as well, she wasnt prepared for them to come in either. The booms rattle the world, we all stumble. I know then that this was the first death rattle of Pristina. It was bound to happen sooner or latter, but I didnt want to acknowledge it.

Guess even I can be a tad naive at times. The towers are dead, not much we can do their. But that dont mean we have to give up. I'm already moving their are soldiers who are about to crushed to death. Not if I can help it. I pick up a rocket launcher from a dead soldier. He wont be needing it. I take aim and fire, blasting the chunk of wall into smithereens, it looks like those soldiers atleast will survive for some more time. 

I drop the launcher and move forward, running straight at the wave of Fanghund. Though I'm not worried to much. A lone Fanghund charges towards me, it's ahead of the pack. It swipes with its claws, only to find it sparking of my chest. My shirt is torn revealing a gleaming piece of silver metal. I smile evily and crush its skull with my hand. Then turning around I unhooked my minigun and let loose on the wave of Et's. Methodically spraying left and right. Some of them manage to get near me, but are quickly reduced to steaming hunks of meat as they are sniped down by Jyu Lee. 
They only member of my team to survive this night, Jyu Lee. Though she's like me in many aspects. She was also the only one to mange to complete my training program. Well her and me make up the Nightwolf  squad.

"Nice save, Blue" I say

"Least I could for ya, capn" she chuckles in reply.

Out in the distance I see another Anima. Hes younger and a bit impulsive, going into the midst of a Et swarm like that. But he has kahones thats for sure. He manages to make it to the Gigas. Suddenly I connect the dots, those Seigebreakers were thrown.

I swore at quite a length at that point....

"Jyu give me a status report on, operative Canaan"

"He's made it to the Gigas, sir. Hes been unable to kill it due to interference from the surrounding Fanghund. Though he has been able to scatter them quite a bit. He's managed to draw the Gigas'. Doesnt look like it willing be throwing them Explody things any time soon".

Hmm good man, I thought. It felt like it was a good time to take control of the battlefield. I opened up my coms, and adressed the soldiers.
"Alright Men, Captain Kshatriya here. Its time to reform. Move out and make your way to my position. The gigas needs to be taken out. As I draw attention of the Etranger wave, flank them from both sides. Well move on from there."

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Update 1 - Operation Saving Private Gethel

Battle for Feldine, Day 49

\\ F-216

The chase for the flyers was fast, fierce, and full of tension. Nobody said a word the entire ride to Feldine’s town center. The soldiers were all focused on finding a way to save the lady lieutenant. All except one, perhaps. F-216 had decided that teamwork is not her cup of coffee. Without waiting for the rest of the group, she fired up her grav bike and charge headlong to follow the flyers. Which was an excellent move, it not for a glaring flaw.

She, in her utter lack of consideration for Gethel’s well-being, begun to open fire on the flying etrangers. Disregarding her team’s plea for her to stop, thinking of them as mere ‘proper regulations’ unfit for actual field operation, she continued shooting rapidly on the Ets, who were using Gethel as a meatshield.

This, of course, did not bode well. F-216 was already seen in an unfavorable light by the rest of the crew for her anti-social behavior and lack of respect to life. The fact that she is jeopardizing the safety of Gethel, the leader whom they love and respect deeply, is truly a punch to the face for them. And as such, the sub-leader of the unit opens a radio channel to F-216 to issue one final warning.

“F-216, ma’am. I am going to say this one last time: stand down, or we will open fire.”

---

\\ Dio Meravas

With F-216’s rampant shooting distracting both the Ets and his unit, Dio did what he thought would be best for the team. Using fbe ruckus as his coverture, he took to flight and tailed the flying Ets from a safe distance. Of course, nobody realized what he was doing. Such is the fate of someone with a thin presence.

Upon reaching the third and final defensive wall, Dio quickly positioned himself on top of the highest building he could find, and took aim at the foul creature’s leader, the flying Gigas. Hoping that F-216’s constant harassment would occupy the beast enough, he fired two high-powered shots at its cranium.

His only folly, was the fact that he’s using HGE-powered shells to snipe the flyers. While strong and is able to fly a longer distance, this type of bullet is also amongst the easiest to detect by the Ets. He would have landed his shot, if only he were 100 feet closer to the target. The added distance had given the Ets just enough time to detect and dodge the bullet.

The sniping had failed. However..

---

\\ Mary ‘Mad’ Eights

Completely by chance, the Ets’ evasive maneuvers had positioned it on Eights’ well-calculated trajectory towards the Earth below. With a loud thud, the two crashed against each other. Upon realizing what had happened, Eight would find the creature’s spiked spine piercing her right scapula from the back straight through her lung.

That kind of wound would prove to be fatal for most Anima, but not Eights. Eights instead found this as a perfect opportunity to play with a new toy. She realized, after trying to break loose a few times, that whenever she move she would also shift the Ets’ center of gravity, therefore forcing it to fly a certain direction.

Utilizing this discovery to its fullest, Eights drove the flying Gigas towards the closest defense tower, which also happen to be the tallest one around. Once she deemed them to be close enough, Eights fired a few shots from her handgun on the Ets’ seemingly vulnerable, tunicate wings. With great success.

With its wings now ridden with hole and the tower firing madly at it, the Gigas desperately danced through the sky imbalancedly. In the end, it decided to do something drastic. Bracing for impact, it sped towards the tower. On the last minute, it performed a somersault with the intention of using Eights as bullet stopper, impact damper, and ramming baton.

It was a success.

Not only did it manage to damage the tower enough to stop firing, it also managed to fracture lots of Eights’ bones in the process. With the advantage now tipping to its favor, the Gigas climbed on top of Eights and readied the most potent weapon on its arsenal: spore blast. At that range, this attack would be fatal, even for Eights’ undying body.

Eights would have to think fast, if she still wish to continue living.

---

\\ Vici Nyx

So there was a mismatch amongst the rescue team. Big deal. So the chicken wing failed to assassinate the Ets’ leader. That’s too bad for him. But really, none of those drew Vici’s attention too much. For he was too absorbed in thinking of how to save the damsel in distress, and impress her at the same time.

Out of nowhere, a perfect opportunity presented itself. A figure fell onto the Big Bad and somehow directed it towards one of the defense towers. Not long after, they crashed onto the tower, releasing First Lieutenant Gethel in the process. From there onwards, it became a race against time. Judging from their altitude, Vici would have roughly ten seconds until the female commander fell to her certain death.

Luckily, Vici was equipped with just the necessary skills to save the day. Without a moment to waste the Lion extended his chain, using it as a grappling hook to quickly scale the tower’s wall towards the unconscious damsel. Then, just a few feet above ground, Vici managed to snatch Gethel away from Death’s grasp.

Or did he?

Just as he thought his mission was complete, one of the flying Devourers blindsided Vici. Grabbing him by the collarbones with its hideous talent, the Devourer brought him and the damsel in his hands high into the sky, and dived towards one of the other defense towers.

The Ets are learning, and they are learning really fast. Following its leader’s example, the Devourer slammed Vici at the tower, this time from above where the turrets could not follow. The impact disabled the tower and shocked Vici to near-unconsciousness.

With his bones rattling, a damsel to protect in his hands, and no soldiers to back him up, Vici was forced into a one-on-one duel between him and a hungry Devourer. It was a tough situation, especially if you take Gethel’s insurmountable injuries into account. The gaping wound on her stomach, as well as the bullet holes left by F-216’s indiscriminate act, were quickly draining her out of whatever life she had left.

---

\\ D-Reaper

Chaos spread through the battlefield, loud noises could be heard through the cells, but there wasn’t anything the two anima that occupied those cells could do… or could they?

Thanks to F-216’s valiant efforts of drawing all attention to herself no one had seen one of the flying devourers break off from the group and fly solo. Of course no one had noticed the flyer so where was it now? The answer was simple, the place that was the easiest to eat at: the Town Center.

Unknown to everyone trying to save the townspeople, they were now about to be defending nothing as the devourer lived up to its name and tore apart the town hall eating everything it could. As it ate people and generators it grew, and grew until it evolved into a Gigas-class.

Tearing through the building there was screams of pain, agony and doom. That was until the Gigas detected A strong HGE source from below the people. Temporarily ignoring the surviving townspeople it smashed through the floor to the cells, opening a hole in the special anima class cells.

Now the two within: an Anima that was supposedly a Planeswalker under suspicion of killing a team of Anima that were surveying the surface and a faulty cybernetic Anima; they were about to get reinstated into duty. What else could they do? The duty were actively seeking for them, even when they were left to rot in the basement of Feldine.

So what would the two do? The newborn Gigas is looking at both with hungry eyes.

OOC: situation... i think is clear enough.... unlike the wall your all pretty...well.. look at all the red for warning

Edited by Uniporn-luver5eva, 23 January 2015 - 06:47 AM.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
The hottest teacher around.

With every second more and more reinforcements arrived to help stem the tide of death and blood. Good thing too because by now Janet was absolutely caked in it, alien blood and guts that had congealed against her body and armor like sticky paper.

There was no time to let disgust creep into her consciousness however, let alone thoughts of a warm bath with copious amounts of lavender shampoo sprinkled in. The battle field was a dance floor riddle with bits of brick, blood, bones and corpses. One wrong step could put her on her back and spell death for everyone around.

So instead, she danced. Weaving and bobbing around bodies and organs, dancing to the music of gunfire and screaming. Death was her partner, leading her across a floor of ash and blood so thick she could feel it sucking her boots in an refusing to let go.

They all wanted a turn it seemed, a chance to dance with the hot teacher. A chance to get close so they could rip her throat out and crush her skull beneath their deformed feet and claws and teeth. Fresh little fucks.

Naughty students like those get slapped, while bloodthirsty Ets like these get their faces burnt off then fed down their gullets. Janet was the living flame and just the swipe of her hands could boil eyes in there sockets. One could only imagine what her punches felt like, so she made sure to provide every Ets that got too close with a healthy supply. Too bad they didn't live long enough to share their pain and anguish. Oh well.

Kicks, punches, squats, rolls, uppercuts -- there was plenty to go around but playtime was almost over. The soldiers had begun forming a circle around the breach which meant that she would soon be in the way. Falling back fluidly to let the Iron Wolf take command of the frontline, Janet let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding as her second heart slipped into a lower gear.

Her 'tattoos' were still slightly visible but her eyes were now clear -- blackless. Scorch, ladies and gentlemen, had left the building. And with her departure came the aches and pains, along with the searing realization that she really couldn't do it all alone. Tempted to sit down and escape such depressing thoughts, Janet instead forced herself to stay standing and leaned against a wall. She needed to cooldown but going cold in the middle of battle was just as bad as going hot.

Observing the battle as it looked to be winding down, Janet noticed that more and more exploders were coming through the breach in the wall and that with each one killed, the air was fill with HGE particles that interfered with her sensors.

Coupled with the smoke from their explosions and the result was that the Ets had effectively blanketed the field in an impenetrable mist. Whether by design or accident, the mist did it's job and soon all of the soldiers had stopped firing.

Swearing under her breath, she cursed their stupidity or lack of experience -- perhaps both. Either way, they should have kept on firing. Just because they couldn't see it, that didn't mean that the hole would suddenly move from where it had just been.

Pushing herself off the wall too late, Janet could only look on in anger as critters began picking off targets near the border of the mist. The order to fall back would have come next but there was nowhere to fall back to as the gigas resumed it's seige attack with the exploders acting as artillery shells.

Rage boiled in her veins, turning her blood into magna. It would have been so easy to give in to her need to kill and exact revenge, so seductive to let 'Scorch' pull her under like a retreating tide, but there were no visible targets to rage upon. Everything was still hidden behind that blasted mist.

With the defence turrets now destroyed and buildings beginning to collapse on top of her, Janet did the stupidest thing she could think of and decided to become a turret. Racing into a nearby building and up to the fifth floor and roof, screaming for everyone to get out as she went, Janet quickly found herself standing over the battlefield with an itch to turn the stove up a notch.

Now with a clearer view of what was behind the wall, she copied the gigas and began hurling huge fireballs over at the enemy. Cursing again, it was only then that she realized that none of her abilities were going to help her in this particular situation. Her Solar Flare had the right range but the beam was too narrow. Incinerate on the other hand was a wide, medium ranged attack while Disintegrate and Flame Shield were both melee ranged attacks -- which meant they were all useless.

This was going to be the one time where her experience had come back to haunt her. Now all she could do was throw fireballs in hopes of scattering the enemy while the ground forces either retreated or counter attacked. Either way, she was going to hold on to her Solar Flare until she had a clear shot at the gigas. That thing needed to be killed or crippled before this battle was over.

Second Heart Stats: MGT = 2 // FIN = 5 (+2 Origin) // COM = 4

Second Heart Traits:
Teacher - You've been teaching for a long time, that automatically makes you good at making other people listen to you and getting them to do the things you want done. It also means that you’ll come across many of your former students in the force. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on the kind of teacher you were.

Blood Rage - It is a well known fact that trained athletes and fighters reach a moment called the zone, where their mind enters a state of zen. When this happens, time slows down and they know with perfect confidence what to do next. That has never happened to you, instead you black out as rage boils over, turning you into a creature of hatred and instinct. This can be a good thing or a bad thing; bad because you lose all control of yourself and don’t see much difference between one meatsack and the next, good because you are a literal killing machine.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

This is SPARTAAAAA!!!

“F-216, ma’am. I am going to say this one last time: stand down, or we will open fire.” came the hoarse voice of the sub-commander of the unit so dedicated to protect the young girl. Sixteen could sniff a bit of fear and finality in his tone. It was as if he was barely holding himself from pulling the trigger on her. A wide smile creeped its way on to her maw.

"Chet~" she snickered in the radio before veering wildly out of the pursuit.

The finger moved from the controls and the wheez of the automated laser turrets stopped in an instant. Meanwhile her main target had performed a weird maneuver and disabled the defense tower by slamming into it using the projectile as its shield. Sixteen was impressed but the pretty maiden was not her trouble anymore. Her lapdogs had announced their willingness to join in.

She veered sharply as she held the accelerator to its max, breaking the bearing assembly on the handle. Her course was set for a drive by through the town center and back to the frontlines, she maybe late for party but she thought she may still have some decadent fun at the expense of the 'Wolf'. Smiling broadly she was pleasantly surprised when she saw a mob running towards her direction.

She weaved through the crowd which pretty much dispersed seeing a vehicle coming charging at them. She tore through the crowd straight towards the building that had a mushroom of black smoke rise from its ramparts. Inside she saw a mammoth ET hammer its way through the ground below. Now was a good time to strike, with its attention elsewhere.

She got up on her speeding bike and waited for the correct moment, moments before impact she channeled the HGE through her legs and crouched before leaping. The bike should hit the ET at its side and moments later she would bear down on the Gigas from above. Channeling HGE in her sword.

"Die.Maggot.Die!!!!!" came a growl as the tip of her blade almost loomed over the Giga. Next move shall be awesome.

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 24 January 2015 - 01:07 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Canaan

It was quite the pity really. And what may that be, you might ask? Canaan's majestic was greatly slowed down by a surprise swarm of lower class ETs. Though, it didn't slow him down for long as he mowed down 3 of them en route to opening a path to the gigas. Not only that but he managed to scattered a chunk of them, ceasing their attacks on the 'humans' behind them, allowing them to get out of there. While he would've liked to hit the monstrous estranger, at least some good came of his failure to hit. But either way he wasn't in a favorable position. Not only was the gigas right there but he was swarmed with the runt of the litter, which are a bitch in mass numbers. Let's not mention the fact that he wouldn't be able to get far away from them.

It'll only be a matter of time until they overwhelm me and continue their advance. He determined without a sense of urgency as he made quick glances around to get a better view of his situation. It's best not to push my luck any further but I'll need to hold their attention a little longer until they regroup and make a run at the gigas. Taking another swing at the gigas, not expecting to hit just prevent it from attacking and releasing more. Making sure their attention was on him, he took a hard look at the big ET and made a swing at the smaller ETs swarming him while backing away with each swing. Whether he managed to get a number of them or not, the only thing he's focused on is whether he can keep them at bay and scatter them while keeping their attention at him and prevent them from advancing.

It was a battle attrition. It was now up to Canaan to hold them off and keep them at bay until reinforcements regroup and make their attack on the gigas. The question now is how long he'll be able to keep it up for and of course if they can get their in time. In the end it doesn't matter as long as the Gigas gets taken down. They must not advance any farther.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 25 January 2015 - 04:54 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Midnightcat

Midnightcat

Potato

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Fortress of Solitude

Missing its target, it would be easily a disaster for a sniper like himself. But not this time perhaps, Dio's eyes widen up as he witness a person falling on top of his missed target. To his surprise, that unknown individual still manage to survive after being impaled by the flyer's spike and even fired a few shot at its wing.

The injured flyer break off from the formation leaving its underling flying beneath. Seeing this as an opportunity, Dio hasten up and fly at his top speed toward the flyer. He kept his vision locked to its one target as the flyer pull off a stunt and crash itself to the building in its attempt to get rid the unwanted "rider" on its back.

"That guy is dead... for sure" he thought.

Slightly annoyed by this scene, the flyer's movement bring him back to his alert state. Injured wings and body means it has much less mobility now, if another shot is fired now that would be checkmate.

This time round he has all the time and room for a more lethal shot. Flying close to his target and on its back, contemplated by the close distance between them. Dio held his breath to pull his trigger to brings a definite end to the flyer wretched life.

Spoiler

Edited by Midnightcat, 26 January 2015 - 06:15 AM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Update 1.1 - Flight of the Crimson Bird

Battle of Feldine, Day 49

"You bastard! Is that how you express your apology to your teammates after almost killing your commander?" one of the soldiers shouted his lungs through the vox channel in reply to F-216's mocking 'chet'. He was ready to empty his barrel on her had the acting commander, Second Lieutenant Heinz, not stop him.

"That is enough. She stopped firing, so let's forget about her for now," said the man in a somewhat calm tone, though he could not hide the obvious irritation he felt. "Saving the First Lieutenant is our priority. Forget about that rogue Anima," he continued.

At first, most of his squad were reluctant to let the foul, disrespectful, derisive Anima get away with what she did unscathed. Yet, at the end, they all agreed that ensuring their commander's safety was much more important than going on an all-out hunt to sate their petty desire for revenge. As such, the squad decided not to pursue F-216 and rushed into the tower Vici and Gethel was thrown into. It would take some time for them to reach their commander's position, but they were confident the Anima she was with would buy enough time until they arrive.

-----===>> + <<===-----

In the pitch darkness of Feldine's underground webways, a light flickered to life. A faint, weak, yet absolute light shone through its metallic frame. The heart that rested underneath, had long stopped once, now began to beat anew. A life that was once lost, was then returned to the land of the living. And the reason for that, was because it sensed something. An enemy, the nemesis of her kind; the Etrangers. The heart beat for one purpose, and for one purpose only. To lay waste to the enemies of man.

"Hostile HGE source detected. Location: Feldine's underground lab, confirmed. Temperature: 16 degrees centigrade. Air pressure: 780 mmHg. Humidity: 40%. Oxygen level: normal. Condition: green," a monotonous voice reverberated through the cavity that is the combat doll's mouth. "Releasing safety lock. Switching to combat mode," it continued to 'speak' monotonously as it readied its gear.

Just as she finished donning her weapons, the beast emerged from above. At first, there was nothing but a crack on the ceiling. A second later, a massive clawed talon pierced through the armored structure. The gigas, now nicknamed Barghest, has penetrated into Feldine's top secret dungeon, the "Toy Box". Its eyes shone eerily from the darkness of the hole it bored. Its maws, twisted to a grin, showed numerous dagger-like fangs.

The thing it was veering on, however, was not Rachel. No, for it had spotted an even more interesting prey. An Anima under the name of Noix, labeled as a 'Planeswalker', was undergoing the so-called mental reconditioning in the cell next to it. Her HGE presence was almost twice that of Rachel's. It was no wonder the Barghest was more interested to her than the half-organic-half-mechanic doll.

Before it managed to have its fun with Noix though, Barghest was interrupted by another HGE presence. A grav bike, set to maximum speed, cruised its way towards Barghest's right flank. It was, of course, was nothing of a threat to the Gigas that was once a flyer type. It easily dodged the bike and set its sight on the being responsible for the attack: F-216. An Anima with tens of years of experience fighting the Ets, it was almost shocking how basic her attack pattern was.

Perhaps it was her blood lust that fuddles her judgement. Or perhaps, she was thinking too highly of her skill and too lowly of her opponent's. Whatever the case was, she's going to pay for her folly.

"Die.Maggot.Die!!!!" the Anima roared deliriously as she bear her sword down on the Ets. Sadly for her, the Etranger was way faster than she was. She was swatted out of the sky before she could even saw what was coming for her. The beast, strong and fast, had managed to land a hit with its clawed tail on F-216's abdomen from her blind side. With her stomach ruptured, and two of her lumbar snapped, the reckless Anima crashed onto the ground. She was done for. Even though she was still alive and conscious, her body had given up on her. There was no way she could stand after taking such a damage.

The Barghest did not even bother to look at her. It was still focused on Noix. Like a children so eager to play with a new toy, the beast eyed the Planeswalker gleefully.

Seeing as the beast paid attention to neither it nor the dying Anima lying on the other side of the lab, Rachel took this opportunity to walk over to F-216's position and asked her a question. A question that would affect her life greatly later on.

"Anima Cetra, codename F-216. Are you my handler?"

Edited by fayrine, 27 January 2015 - 03:39 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Sovereignty woes, Death throes.

Before she could even sense what was coming, the gigas tail swatted her out of the air like a mosquito. The spiny appendage pierced her flesh and the fleshy muscle did enough to break atleast four ribs and the lumbar as she was thrown smashing into the side wall. Sixteen was tough but she was no Eights. With her head cracked and left shoulder busted she lay splattered.

Not even her immense bloodlust can make her stand for fight again. But the mad grin still smeared across her face like a lingering plague. The rush she got from it all was too good to be true. No psychedelic can even come close to this. Not even Kas's 'treasures' nor Eight's 'supplies'. It sent her into ecstasy, the pain wasn't even the best part.

Her only complaint from this all would be dying at the hands of a Giga. She had hoped to at least be crushed by a Titan. It was a pretty shoddy death for 60 years in service. Perhaps she could have calculated better. But you never know, once he consumes whatever is in here, he might evolve and before she breathes her last. her wish may be granted. 'Chewed alive by a Titan!' that is a fun way to go.

During momentary blackouts that she suffered because of her state she felt a voice address her.

"Anima Cetra, codename F-216. Are you my handler?"

Spending a long time on the battlefield gave you an uncanny ability. you may not remember the faces of all you have killed or fought along but you can hear and recognize their voices and this voice was certainly of one she knew.

"N........o" Sixteen gasped as blood splattered out from her mouth., she eyed the armored android that stood near her. Maybe she was mistaken, why would they fit that particular voice in.

"B...Bu--, we fought......." she took a heavy breath "toget...her once." she needed to conserve her energy. It would be wasteful to die before the actual fun begins. She had to fight death. So she grew silent as her heavy eyelids shut and immediately she was again in that battlefield. The one that the voice belong to. She was a good one.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

=8=

Eights surveyed the situation and found she wasn't very happy with it. Her experiment was ruined and although the intended outcome would be the same if the Gigas killed her, it was not under controlled conditions and would not be good for lab results.

A gigantic Ets was on her and about to chaos much suffering. Her body was battered, time was limited and death was all but certain.

Luckily for her she was Eights.

In her approach, collision and situation survey she had judged the architecture of the tower. It wasn't one she had designed but there were only so many ways you could build a big artillery mounted tower. Figuring out the specifics was not exactly rocket surgery.

With the damage she could already see the building had taken, Eights quickly calculated what she would need and in what quantities. Her standard explosives flicked across the room in relatively small quantities and even smaller timers, the sticky bombs attaching easily to the ceilings and walls. A barrage of gunfire ripped through the room. Outside factors, but not interfering. That was fine.

Eights punched through the fractured floor weakly sustaining the weight of her and the Gigas and placed a small explosive that exploded nearly immediately. The flooring shuddered and dropped, causing Eights to fall onto the next level down. Within a second of her hitting the ground the eruptions above brought the ceiling down on the Gigas.

Eights rolled to cover and prepared her pistols. One of the advantages of being paranoid is you don't leave home without them, even when killing yourself. Her regeneration would leave her ready to roll in a moment. The Gigas's wings should still be damaged, especially with the attack of the killer ceiling and the interloper. Should be relatively easy pickings, at least compared to a fit and ready Gigas.

CP: 15
- Might: 6
- Finesse: 3
Traits:
Mad
Explosive

ika4QNM.png

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

*Yawn*

Even in the most chaotic situations, there were beings that would rather not be deployed into action, not because they were unable to fight, but instead, because they were too dangerous, and their usefulness would cause more harm than good in most situations. These beings were either killed, or locked into places most people wouldn't dare to enter, the 'Toy box' was one of those places.

Inside the Toy box, there were various cells, one of them was currently holding an entity known as a 'Planeswalker', with the hopes of reforming it's chaotic personality, so it could be controlled with more ease, but no matter how many attempts were employed, no change was made at all. The Planeswalker was known as 'D-Reaper', an alias with the origins of the experiment that created it, but it prefered to call itself 'Noix', this planeswalker had the body of a young girl, with white hair and red eyes, her body was currently bound by an electromagnetic deviced built inside the cell, hindering any attempt to escape useless. While bound, she was connected to a deviced that was pouring countless of pictures inside her brain.

"I already told them this channel is not entertaining at all"

At first, Supervision was scheduled very often, but as the tests continued to fail, the observation was reduced until the point they left the girl to rot like that, days, months, perhaps even years, Noix herself doesn't know how long has she been there alone, but soon that endless rest would end. Abruptly.

"Huh?" She noticed a slight temblor near the cell, followed by a giant quake that shattered the front wall of the cell. A Giant Et, was behind the destroyed wall, glaring at her direction. Naturally, as a Planeswalker she was a natural magnet for Ets, and this one was looking at her as a sweet cake handled in golden plate. She was still bound by the Cell, so she could only look and laugh as the Giant Et slowly approached her. Before it reached her, a byke was sent on max speed towards the Et, who easily avoided the projectile, but the byke crashed inside the Cell, disrupting the Electromagnetic Device that was binding Noix. 

"Umm" she scratched her head, unplugging the device behind her neck "Is it lunch break already?". Looking at the Et who sent an anima flying, It was still aiming for her despite all the conmotion. Claping her hands, she summoned an automaton next to her, and created a black cord in the palm of her left hand, using it to connect herself with the machine.

"You can't blame me Kyoma, being such a popular girl, it is natural to have fans~"

With her eyes turning black, she stood behind the Automaton using it as a cover for the beast that was about to attack her. The Automaton had a HGE Rifle equipped, lethal in Mid-Long Range.

"We just have to lure it outside" 

The Automaton didn't aim for the beast, but rather, the ceiling above it, creating some distraction that Noix used to get out of the Cell before it focused its attention on her once more, hiding was pointless, so escape was the only option. 

But before she escaped the place, she noticed the Anima that was attacked by the Giant Et after the byke destroyed the cell, next to a girl with a robotic body. Noix kneeled next to the body of the injured anima and addressed both with a grin.

"Oh? Is any of you the delivery girl?"

Spoiler

tumblr_namydvOZ551sc66cvo1_500.gif

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Vici Nyx

With the Lieutenant's life draining out of her quickly, Vici had little time to think about his next action. Of course, there wasn't much thinking needed. Time to kick some ass. Vici cracked his back and rolled his shoulder, massaging his collarbone where the talon had hooked him.

Vici fired Terra and spun, chambering another shell and lashing out with his chain in one fluid motion. Riding the momentum, Vici fired round after round and lashed the beast over and over with his chain, assaulting the Etranger with waves of molten metal and unpredictable strikes from his chain. On the last lash of his chain, Vici changed the lash's direction, instead directing it to bind one of the beast's legs to the defense tower to prevent it from taking off. If it dared take off while chained to the tower, it'd likely end up dragging part of the tower with it and weigh it down at the very least. Vici was somewhat confident that medical help would arrive soon to treat the Lieutenant before she bled out. If things looked too grim, Vici would be forced to abandon the fight and try to flee with the crippled Lieutenant in tow. A risky action, even for someone as skilled as Vici.

Vici clicked on his radio and shot out a quick message: 

"Lieutenant Gethel has been severely injured and requires medical assistance immediately. We're in one of the disabled defense towers, you can't miss it. I'm currently fighting off the Devourer, but I can't fend it off and treat severe wounds at the same time. Even i'm not that good."

Satisfied with the message, Vici smirked.

Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 19 March 2015 - 08:59 PM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

UPDATE WALL: PRISTINA 

….Ratatatatatat, the machine gun sings, its rocks in his arms, its rhythm at sync with his arm. Around the hulking man, twelve brave men open loose with wanton abandon, hot lead spraying forth with wanton abandon. In front of them a large pack of etranger Fanghund approach, not even flinching from the wall of lead that heads their way. Their claws dig into the blood caked mud, their muscles ripple with loping stride. Light shines of their black carapace, making them look like single iridescent wave.  Then collision. Blood sprayed and shot into the air, turning into a fine mist. Entire chunks of meat are blown off, legs, heads, spines scatter into the air, trampled by those behind. Bodies slump and slide, dead.

Yet the horde is unworried, it continues its charge. thirteen men do on flinch either, they calmly fire into the blackness that threatens to swallow them whole. Soon the horde is almost upon them when the  man leaps forward and swings out his sword. The gigantic chainsword buzzes to life , it is hungry for prey.

“Let me deal with them! Men stay back and give me cover fire” he says with a sardonic smile. Then with out a care in the world he leaps into the pack….

----

Out in the distance large balls of fire fly forth, reducing large swathes of Etrangers to ashes. They come from a lone tower, the last standing tower. It flickers bright then dim, a tower of hope in a time of malevolent darkness.The woman is all alone yet she continues to fight. Fear touches her heart, yet she continues to fight.

She cannot leave the tower, or else the Horde will overwhelm. But nor can she go forward to strike down the Gigas .Doing one will lead to the failure of the other. Sometimes choices are a great responsibility to bear.

However some hope pierce the gloom the radio crackles to life “This is Kshatriya, I have received temporary authority over all personnel at wall Pristina, by Brigadier General John. Here are your orders. All troops continue slow retreat and gather at the Last Tower. Command is given to Scorch, make us proud eh?!”

---

A lone swordsman stands surrounded, he stands at the edge of  Legion. With a single swipe he cleaves through the Fanghund, reducing them to steaming chunks of meat. Blood splatters in thick heavy bursts. Sweat beads, and drips down his forehead.

His relentless force causes the Fanghund, to break and scatter. At least for the moment. This clears a path to the Gigas. A Hexatonchires. It is already bleeding from its sides. However the wound does not bother it much.

At that moment his radio crackles to life.

*static* … This is Kshatriya, *static* will be coming in for backup and retrieval.. ETA *static* Keep tight big guy.

The radio breaks often, the HGE in the air interferes with radio, infact it is distorting visble light as well. Now the swordsman is faced with a choice,  would take on the gigas or would move back and regroup with the reinforcements.

---

The swarm continued on, they would have been a force to behold, had the not met with an invisible force. The Fanghund, charged, but would no sooner fall to pieces.Slowly the packs disintegrated as did their members.

Nero’s strings turned broke the relentless tide into smaller rivulets, but still it wasn’t enough. That is until the fireball’s started falling from the sky. The parts he missed the flames took care of. Behind him, he saw was a lone tower. Flashing with light as it were a beacon of hope.

Then he heard radio…

“Good evening boy, its your acting commander, I need you to protect our boys here on the field. They need a  leader, they need you. Bring them to the tower, it may well be our last stand and we are definitely gonna need everyone”

Edited by I AM HE, 15 February 2015 - 10:54 AM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Update 1.2 - The Two Towers

Battle of Feldine, Day 49

\\ Tower Alpha - Eights & Dio

Things were simply not going the way the Gigas Labolas had wanted. First, the hostage it took were not quite as effective as it had wanted thanks to a renegade Anima amongst the reserve squad stationed on the inner wall. Second, it was attacked by an unknown individual that somehow fell on top of it, completely out of nowhere. And now, when it was about to finish off the pesky Anima, its plan found yet another obstacle.

As Labolas was about to fire its Spore Blast, a powered HGE shot found its way to its occiput. The impact, while not enough to burst its skull open as it had intended to, was enough to send the beast into concussion; giving Eights enough time to detonate the floor, effectively freeing herself from Labolas' pinning. With its mind still recovering from the shock, Labolas was not in good enough shape to evade the falling debris, and as such, were pummeled by them.

With its prey now hiding out of sight, its wings broken, its consciousness fading, and a bird of prey with big gun looming above its head; Labolas knew that its life was quickly fading. In his half-conscious state, Labolas decided that it would not go alone. Letting out a loud roar, it fired its Spore Blast at random. Some of the deadly spores managed to find their way to Eights' hiding, but none of them were direct hit.

Knowing that the attack was not enough, Labolas amassed its last power and burst into a dash towards the tower's heart; the HGE generator. It seemed that the beast was planning to overload the generator into exploding. If they still wish to keep their life, Dio and Eights should either flee, find heavy cover, or stop the desperate beast before it reached the cackling generator.

-----===>> + <<===-----

\\ Tower Gamma - Vici & Gethel

Despite his cockiness, when Vici said that hes not good enough to fight and protect Gethel at the same time, he was telling nothing but the truth. The impact from earlier was no laughing matter, and Vici was forced to absorb most of it in order to protect Gethel. He suspected that some of his bones were fractured, especially in his right scapula area. For a stinging pain assaulted him every time he tried to lift his right arm above his shoulder.

That fact alone had costed him a huge portion of his combat capability. His chain strikes were suffering in both speed and accuracy. That sadly translates to Vici missing most of his strikes against the plenty nimble Devourer he was facing. The battle, then, was quickly turning against Vici's favor. The longer they fight, the more the Devourer understands Vici's movement and attack pattern. Keep this on, and Vici would soon be put in real danger of dying by the Ets' claws.

Yet, not all hope is lost. With every passing second, the reinforcements that would unmistakably tip the favor back to Vici's side, were also drawing closer. It seemed that in order to live, Vici should either aim to finish the fight as soon as possible, or conserve his power as much as possible and hold out until the army arrive. It was his choice to make.

Meanwhile, something peculiar was happening to the unconscious Gethel. Without anybody noticing, her bleeding had stopped. Yet, instead of stabilizing, she began to moan in pain.