Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Light Novel of Zhan Long

Zhan Long Light Novel

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

ashtecho

ashtecho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

The light Novel of Zhan Long is at the site down below, problem its all in Chinese, so if any kind soul would want to tranlate the chapters they would have my eternal gratitude. So reply if you want to help ^.^

http://www.17k.com/list/471287.html

aarkleas

aarkleas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I dunno if someone translating this novel. But if you dont mind machine translation use this link
http://www.systranet.com/turl/?systranbanner=1&systrangui=WebUI&systranuid=aHR0cC13d3cuMTdrLmNvbS9jaGFwdGVyLzQ3MTI4Ny85Nzg1Mzc1Lmh0bWwvemhfZW4%3D

P.s. Holy sh*t there is 1372 chapters in six volumes. A lot of work if someone want to translate this novel.

Edited by aarkleas, 30 December 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I decide cause it's break i might as well translate a few chapters to read for myself. But i talked with some people and i decided id fix up the machine translations and let people see the translations. But i only gonna do a few chapters, and im not a pro and i don't even know chinese. So these are by no means high quality. And it's alot of work so i don't feel like doing a lot but if any group needs some help translating this i'll do what i can too help.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UhI6eJGgATx_92JphLzN-w9AIYsw0dRvK6wOTqxQbXY/edit?usp=sharing

So far i only translated the first chapter. Very poorly. But it's a bit better than a machien translation.

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I know that this may come off as a little offensive, but since I've checked the translation of the first chapter and realised it really was of poor quality, I decided to translate it myself.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WmaUw5p69YuQv74T0e_9Gofldi1Le-UkRdt7V6p0m28/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure if you guys want me to translate more but it definitely is possible to translate 1 chapter in 1 day (I took about 6 hours).

What do you guys think?

Edited by Helloshorty, 31 December 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Hyairou

Hyairou

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Nice work on the translations both of you. Of course the translation that was machine assisted will have some weird sentances. There's not a lot you can do about that.

On the other hand I thought Helloshorty's translation was very well written. Hopefully more people have an interest in your work!

ashtecho

ashtecho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I know that this may come off as a little offensive, but since I've checked the translation of the first chapter and realised it really was of poor quality, I decided to translate it myself.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WmaUw5p69YuQv74T0e_9Gofldi1Le-UkRdt7V6p0m28/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure if you guys want me to translate more but it definitely is possible to translate 1 chapter in 1 day (I took about 6 hours).

What do you guys think?

If you are considering doing more chapters I'm willing to help, also your translation was really good

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Holy shit Helloshorty goodjob with those translations. A lot easier than mine. But that's probably the 4 hour diffence you took. I just made mine so it's a little bit better than a machine's, just a little bit. I don't really have much time to spare, and i don't know Chinese too well but hey if you feel like doing chapter 2 i'm willing to help. Of course ill still be doing the edited machine translations on my doc, cause i can pump in out in like 1-2 hours. But the quality is shit poor still. But you can get a general idea. Ah i finished the 2nd chapter if you wanna check it out, again thought its horrible machine translation translation. I just ended it a bit.

Edited by Vsolon, 31 December 2014 - 10:03 PM.

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I think we can work out something like you try to translate from chapter 4 onwards or something so people who are really desperate to read it can use your translation first, and those who are willing to wait can wait for my translations. I'm currently on chapter 2 and I'm halfway done, had to go to sleep as my eyes were hard to open.  :blush:

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

You know instead of reading my horrible translations i could do something like what people did for the Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, and have summaries of what happens in each chapter with some times some pieces put in. But those summaries were more for volumes i believe. But if i were to do summaries it would be very short summaries. For example if i summarized Chapter 1 it would be like this.

-MC's called Li Xao Yao

-He's a low income security officer

-There is a game called destiny

-he works in a company and there is someone offering him a job in the baking department to be their goon.

-It is hot, and he is sweating

-He is ordered to help photography department

-he messes up and sees the B as 13 and sees a star changing

-He is forced to come with her into her car

Something like that or i can continue doing my rough translations. Well we can figure something out good job with the translations again keep up the good work. But as i read the novel i feel like they're skipping too much in the manhua. It's like when you watch an anime and see it's amazing but read the novel and see how much they fucked it up. Kinda like Mahouka

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I agree, the first chapter of the manhua left out literally half the entire chapter and changed some parts as well. This is why I prefer novels to comics - novels always include more details. I understand that manhua authors have to keep the story interesting and fast-paced so they can't care about minor details and plot lines but seriously, half a chapter?

Rant aside, I'm not sure if summaries are the way to go, we need more feedback. Perhaps we should do a poll to see what the users want. What do you think?

Edit: I finished translating chapter 2, and since it would be easier to navigate, I've created a Google Drive to put the translations in. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1vYKZPhxBQ2WWNzbV94SFdCcWM&usp=sharing 

Speedy translations ahoy! (Don't kill me if I only manage to translate 1 a day or even none a day.)

Edited by Helloshorty, 01 January 2015 - 06:51 AM.

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Well people don't really have the right to complain no matter what we do unless it's insulting. I mean we are giving them something. I'm giving them a poor quality something but its less of a headache than a machine translation. I'd appreciate summaries cause at least someone took the time to make one. But for now ill continue what i've been doing good job again.

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Well, I'll only translate when I feel like it so it really depends. I probably will stick to 1 chapter every 3-4 days to ensure I don't get burnt out.

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

That's a good idea. I can do about a chapter a day as long as i have break which lasts about 4 more days. So i can get up to chapter 6 done. But from then on i'm a have to do about a chapter every 2 days. Cause it may take only 1-2 hours but on a normal day i get back at 5 and have about 3-5 hours of school work, then i need a break, i need to eat. And i guess ill  devote whatever time i have left to a few translations.

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I posted this up on /r/LightNovels on reddit, and quite a few people want to help to translate, so I think we can work something out here.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/2qx6qf/disc_zhan_long_chapter_1_an_wuxia_translation/

Leehar

Leehar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Looking forward to the project.

Best of luck guys, hope to read more soon :)

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Is that so? Help would be nice indeed. Well i'll get to the 3rd chapter now. Felt like shit yesterday, so i didn't do it. So i might actually do chapter 4 as well. Might

Got the 3rd chapter done for the poor quality version. It's upright now. Didn't finish the 4th chapter yet. Might not do it today actually. Having things too do and places too go.

Edited by Vsolon, 03 January 2015 - 12:15 AM.

Hyairou

Hyairou

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Thanks for the second chapter, really enjoyable read :D.

I didn't even know that subreddit existed so it's great other people are interested too. Looking forward to future work!

Helloshorty

Helloshorty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Third chapter up! Check the Drive for it. The pace is finally starting to pick up, and peeking at the other chapters I see some interesting things (nospoilers) so hope you get the next chapters quickly!  ;)

Vsolon

Vsolon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I got side-tracked. went on a marathon reading a manga i found. So i ended up not getting chapter 4 out, and so im behind on like 2 chapters. But whatever, ill be sure to get at least chapter 4 out on Sunday to fulfill my original goal of at least getting 4 chapters in within my break.

Epithetic

Epithetic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

These translations are well done. I do know Chinese, but I'm still a little shy on the characters and what the Chinese RPG terms are, but I'm getting there. I might do a future chapter at some point and send it to you (Helloshorty) if you want.

Sometimes, you just need to bend the paper to get the coin through the hole.