Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Cataclysmic

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWhere no man has gone before

Ritsu Hanatz

*BaBOOM* Halfway through the forest, Ritsu heard (and felt) a huge blast originate from the direction he started from, but a long ways away. He suddenly found himself faced with a choice: should he try to make for the source of the blast, which sounded like a super-powered Hoti Indra, or should he stay on course for the people he had seen on the beach? Both were about two hours away walking still, if he walked swiftly, but if he ran he might be able to make it in less than an hour. There were definitely several people on the beach, but the person or persons in the direction of the blast were quite possibly in danger... Which meant adventure.

Ritsu began to run swiftly and slightly less silently in the direction of the sound. He hoped it would be worth it, and that the person with whom the blast originated would leave some fun for him.

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Kairak

Since no one else had a better idea and it was much easier to hunt in broad daylight than in the evening, they followed Kages suggestion. Not everyone wanted to come, but Kairak was confident. In the worst case they still had the food from the bag. They decided to start the hunt in the nearby forest and drive out the weaker mara, which were usually active at night. To do that they swarmed out in 10m distance and searched the bushwood. If anyone found something they would just make noise so the others could help capturing the sura.

"Ahhh" he heard a miserable scream from his right side. Surely not the noise he wanted to hear. Peppy was on his right.

Hopefully that was just a bis spider and his nerves got to him, Kairak thought. While jumping over a fallen tree to get there. Sadly that wasn' t the case. Peppy was holding his bleeding right hand while a Garuda mara resembling a giant hawk circled above his head.

Probably 2nd or 3rd stage. That guy wont be much help if he gets injured by the likes of those.

But he was pulled out of his thoughts as the mara suddenly collapsed on Peppy again. It was fast, but not at fast enough. With a quick cast of  'Hoti Varuna Bhavati Varuna' Kairak created a wall of ice in front of Peppy causing the Garuda to stop his assault. Yet it still didnt give up. With fiery eyes it turned in Kairak direction.

"Approching me in a straight line is a bad idea, Garuda.'Hoti Indra' "

Feathers flow up and the smell of burned chicken rose in Kairaks nose as the spell connected.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Celia

Celia had accompanied the search for food. 

Although, all she did was walking and paying attention to her surrounding really.

Hunt? Brings back memories, uh...

She heard a scream in the distance. Hurrying, she heard Kairak's voice. 

"Hoti Varuna Bhavati Varuna", then shortly after, "Hoti Indra "

The smell of roasted meat and feathers reached her the instant Kairak and Peppy entered her field of vision.

She almost puked, though.

A giant bird-like sura (probably a mara) stayed still for an instant, then collapsed. 

Before it could get back up, Celia gauged its neck with her spear. 

Purple blood stained her weapon and the surrounding grass in a powerful spout.

"Blood is blood, no matter the color"... Geez, I get what you meant, mom. It's... disgusting.

Necessary, but not enjoyable in the least...

"Kairak, you should refrain on using too many spells for weak sura... Their use is limited, and we don't know what's ahead... Are you okay?" she then asked a still Peppy. 

"Yeah... I think..." He replied, still shocked.

"Then you guys carry it back, okay? Our "camp" is in this direction. Take these back, too."

She shoved a couple rabbits in Peppy's arms.

She departed before they could object. She wasn't in the mood.

At least it was only a Garuda. Killing Garuda Maras is fine. But... If it had been an Ananta?

You wouldn't resent me, right? Mom. You did it too, didn't you? 

She stopped for a second, and continued without turning around. 

"I'll check if I see any other sura... Collect fruits and vegetables too, on the way back, okay?"

This is "survival". When you told me tales about it, I couldn't understand what you meant...

I guess now I do, since I'm older and all... But...

You told me not to prey on my clan... I hope there's not too many Anantas on this star... 

I wouldn't want to try and hunt those from my clan... Even if, I suppose it's not a reciprocal feeling...

She then noticed a small river, not too far.

"Ah, maybe I should try to fish here. Who said we needed to eat only meat? And I can get fresh water from here, too... Hmm? There's already someone?"

Spoiler

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

She didn't know why, but somehow Vanda ended up going on the search for freshwater... with Martin.

This guy creeps me out. But I should stay calm and just be careful. Who knows what he'll do...

Surprisingly, he seemed rather normal and actually tried to fulfill the task.

"We should look in that direction, I think I see the canopy opening over there, might be a creek or something.", he suggested.

"Yes... you're right..."

They headed in the suggested direction.

"So... You're a fighter?", Vanda tried opening a conversation while keeping an eye on their surroundings. She had already heard some noises of fight.

"Nope. Magician. No license tho.", he answered casually.

"You're a magician?" He didn't seem to have the needed mental capacity... maybe that had been just a wrong first impression?

"Yep. Marut is my favorite goddess ever since I saw her statue in an art booklet. I mean... Hehehehe." He made a gesture of holding two larger spheres in his hands and grinned widely.

Forget what I just thought. He's an idiot.

His guess concerning the creek was right, though. They actually found a little river cutting through the thick vegetation. It was approximately 2 meters wide and had deep crystal clear water... except for some murky patches near it's bank.

Vanda pulled Martin back by his collar as he made the efford to bend down and carelessly drink.

"Hey hey, what now?!", he protested, arms flailing as he tried to regain his blance. Vanda pulled him further away from the water's edge.

She totally had forgotten her caution towards him and answered: "There's something in the water. And what the hell are you doing, anyway? Never drink water from a river without cooking it beforehand."

"...... Oh. Yeah. Forgot. Diarrhea wouldn't be a good idea in the middle of nowhere and with no toilet, right? Haha."

A rustle from the nearby bushes silenced his laughter. Alerted, he drew Monica. Vanda also prepared to cast a spell.

The same moment she recognized a human figure, Martin shouted: "Bhavati mar--" WHACK

Vanda didn't hesitate to punch him in order to stop his spell. "YOU IDIOT, DON'T USE SPELLS WITHOUT HAVING THE TARGET IN SIGHT!! That's one of us!"

"......"

"... Martin?... Hey..."

He was out cold. Oh shit. Is he a pureblood? He has brown hair and pink eyes, so I assumed that he is a Quarter!!

Vanda clutched her head. "F&$§, is he dead?! No he still breathes... Should I heal him?"

But just as she wanted to use hoti asvins on him, he moaned and stood back up. "Ouch. That hurt..."

"Oh, so you're a Quarter after all..."

"No. I'm a Half.", Martin rebutted, but with an annoyed expression.

"What?" Vanda wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.

"Yeah. Really."

"No way. You don't even have-"

"Sura traits? You want to see? Well, ok. You asked for it..." He began to undo his belt.

"DON'T!!! For god's sake, don't!"

He raised his hands in defense. "It was a joke, a joke! Agh! Don't punch me again!"

With a resignated expression on her face, Vanda decided to turn to Celia. "Ah, hey. You were sucessful with the hunt, I see?"

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Kageshvara

Marve scanned the surroundings as he moved through the forest. In close proximity, was the feminine Quarter boy who was currently in possession of his prized belt. It had been thought that they were searching for anything that might be useful to the group, however...

Hm... This one is good. This thought pertained to the piece of wood that Kage had just pried from a splintered tree trunk.

As Marve noticed, the boy had been collecting wood. He would have assumed that he was obtaining fire wood, if not for the fact that he was also taking care to keep some rocks as he spotted them. "So Kage? What exactly are you doing, anyway?"

"..." Looking over at Marve as he picked up another rock and stashed it in the green backpack, Kage dug his boot into the ground and swiftly carved out something that remarkably resembled a bow and arrow.

"Ah, I see!" The beltless man scratched his head. "So you're gathering materials to make a bow and some arrows! You're an archer then? Are you any good?"

Kage stewed over the question posed to him, I guess so. Everyone I've worked with was always begging me to stick around. Though that might have been more for my being Triple Vayu...

The boy nodded in response anyway.

Marve smiled at Kage, "You should have told me that from the start! I'll help you out! My parents used to run a weapon store, and we had to make all products ourselves. I've never made arrows before, but it can't be harder than making a good sword!"

I don't know about swords, but making a good arrow is a little tough. It has to be sturdy enough not to break at a bad time, light and shapely enough to fly the way I want it to, and strong enough to pierce my targets. It needs a delicate mix, but...

His thoughts trailed off as he really gave thought to what Marve had just said. Advancing upon the man, he whispered to him once again, communicating a question that had just popped into his head.

"Hm? Sure, why not?" Marve shrugged. "If we get out of this mess in one piece, I'd be happy to show you how to work a forge!"

Yes! It would be nice to start using metal to make my arrowheads!

Kage clapped in response, a cheerful smile on his face. One that made him look even more like a girl, somehow.

"My turn for a question..." Marve decided. "You really are male, right?"

The question caused Kage to scratch his cheek, though he nodded once again. Twice.

I get that question often. I wonder why...

With a laugh, Marve accepted the answer. "Good, good~ Just making sure! So what else do you need now?"

Lifting a finger, Kage made a simple pulling motion, three times.

"Oh, of course, you need something to serve as the bowstring." With a thoughtful glance around the immediate area, Marve seemed to recall something. "I heard that some tropical plants have tough, stringy fibers in their leaves. It would be nice if we could find some. Though, I guess you'll just have to settle for shoelaces or something otherwise."

Shoelaces don't work that well, they're too thick. If all else fails, I'll just use Bhavati Vayu to weave clothing strands together. That's a last resort though. It's really annoying to focus so much while controlling the wind so finely.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Celia

Celia recognized Vanda and Martin, the psycho.

Uh, why'd she take that guy along? No, nevermind. I think I scarred th..

"Bhavati mar--"

?!

In a big "WHACK" Vanda punched Martin, who collapsed.

Uwaaah, he's completely insane?! Do I look like a sura to him?!

"YOU IDIOT, DON'T USE SPELLS WITHOUT HAVING THE TARGET IN SIGHT!! That's one of us!"

I second this.

"......"

?

"... Martin?... Hey..."

Vanda, he's out cold.

"F&$§, is he dead?! No he still breathes... Should I heal him?"

No, I think we should just leave him and go. But we can't do that. Crap.

"Ouch. That hurt..."

Damnit.

"Oh, so you're a Quarter after all..."

"No. I'm a Half."

"What?"

What?!

"Yeah. Really."

"No way. You don't even have-"

"Sura traits? You want to see? Well, ok. You asked for it..." 

As he started to undo his belt, Celia covered her eyes with her hands.

"DON'T!!! For god's sake, don't!"

"It was a joke, a joke! Agh! Don't punch me again!"

Celia looked between her fingers.

Okay, a joke. Just a joke. Caaalm down.

"Ah, hey. You were successful with the hunt, I see?"

It took Celia a couple seconds to realize Vanda was addressing her.

"Yeah. I wanted to clean my spear of the blood... Kairak and Peppy will carry it back... It's a Garuda Mara..."

"Why are you making this face?"

Woops, was it that obvious? 

"Eh, hunting brings back memories, that's all..."

"Bad ones? I don't see why... There's nothing wrong with killing suras, right?"

What's wrong with you? Is spilling blood enjoyable for you?!

"No, it's something like... A nostalgic feeling? Whatever. Did you two encounter suras?"

No, this isn't an attempt to change the subject. Aaaabsolutely not.

"There doesn't seem to be this many in the vicinity, though..."

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Night descends slowly on the stranded magicians. Those who landed on the beach are mostly on the eastern shore, and the sky dims evenly as dusk approaches. After spending most of the evening psychologically recovering from the shock, most of our intrepid adventurers will probably be grateful for a good night's sleep - well, those who can figure out how to get one, in a foreign land, confirmed to hold sura, with limited food and water, disorganized and shell shocked, on a planet known for its sudden hurricanes, and still with no idea what caused this mess in the first place....

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

"Vanda said there might be some in the water, but I don't really believe it. It's way too shallow.", Martin answered while casually throwing Monica from his right to his left hand. Before someone could react, he already had trust his right arm into the murky riverwater.

"What are you doing?!", Vanda asked incredulous.

"See, nothing here. Noth- EYAAA!!" Panicking, Martin pulled his arm back out - together with a gigantic brown-scaled fish that had gained posession of half his arm. Martin desperately tried to shake it off, but it was really stubborn and wriggled around, probably trying to pierce its teeth even deeper into his flesh.

"GET OFF!!" Without hesitation, Martin rammed Monica in the fish's side.

Celia and Vanda stared dumbfounded. No way, he didn't just...

"&%$§!# MY HAND! MY HAND!!! ACK!", the man who had just stabbed himself shouted.

Well, at least the fish let go of his arm. (And would make good dinner...)

After waiting for Martin to patch himself up - he just ripped the sleeve of his shirt and bandaged his hand - the three decided to find the others.

The day drew to a close and they still had to set up a camp.

On their way, they found a clearing not far from the river that would be a perfect place.

"We should tell the others about this. Kairak said inside the forest we might be safer. And his idea with the fire on the shore to lead more survivors who didn't make it to the shore yet to us seems good to me. It's not far to the shore from here and the river is nearby, too."

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Ritsu Hanatz

As he was running, Ritsu began to notice the light fading. Must be almost nighttime. He estimated that he was getting close to the original source of the blast, and he could see the forest around him beginning to thin and make way for a grassland. I'll make it out of the forest, then decide what to do from there.

He kept running until he had completely exited the forest, then quickly scanned the area of the grassland he could see. No one in sight... But my vision is really limited because of the fading light. Suddenly, he thought of the fact that, since night was basically here already, his daily spell usages would soon reset. Use 'em or lose 'em.

"Hoti Indra," he spelled, calculating more for sound and light than for damage. Then, "Hoti Chandra," he chanted, to conceal himself from any sura that might have seen his spell and decided they wanted a snack. He then waited for someone to pass by, hoping that, at the least, the caster of the spell that drew him here was still nearby and had seen his own Hoti Indra.

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Kairak

About halfway to their camp Kairak stopped walking and turned to Peppy:

"I think we should prepare the sura here. It seems like Celia isn' t really consent with hunting sura so we can take care of the messy part here. It shoul also lead other sura away from the camp"

"Hmm, yes I noticed that too, probably because she' s a half."

"That's true, but it isn't even an Anata, and sura hunt each other too. By the way, do you by chance have a knife with you? I just have a small hunting knife."

And I certanly dont want to ask Martin for his beloved Monica

"N-no.. I' m sorry."

"Ok, then can you pluck the feathers..."

Peppy's face immediatly turned greenish

"... or collect some firewood while I skin the rabbits?"

"I c-collect wood"

After a short time Karak had finished the rabbits and turned to the Garuda.

In Mistyshore I would' ve gotten 400 gold for the eyes alone and another 200 for the wings. But this wasn' t Willarv. Like Celia said earlier I am also to wasteful with my spells. Using mgic to calm Martin down was just another example. Here were no cities to regain strenght in the area, no villages to stock up supplies. I have to let my comfortable habits go.

After also finishing preparing the sura Kairak met up with Peppy again and went back to the others.

"It should be fine like this. If it's just the meat you see there's no telling were it's from. Rabbit or Garuda, everything is better than staying hungry. 

The camp should be almost ready, we should hurry to get there before darkness.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Kageshvara

"Hey Kage, it's getting dark." Marve pointed out. "Why don't we call it a day now? It isn't a good time to be staying apart from the others for a long time anyway. Since we have no idea what to expect in this situation."

He waited a few moments, before turning to see that he was alone. "Huh?! Where did he go!?"

Looking around frantically, he noticed the green backpack along with the materials they had collected on their scavenge. This caused Marve to look up, where he spotted Kage standing on air, rather high up. "...Did he want to take a look around? He could have at least told me..."

With another use of Hoti Vayu Bhavati Vayu, Kage's feet touched the ground without resistance, and with no sound.

I can't see across the rest of the island. It did seem really big when we were falling, but I didn't think it would be so big that I can't see the opposite end of it. My eyes are so good, too...

Kage turned around after hearing rustling, and saw Marve gathering up the things he'd left. "..."

Marve looked over his shoulder as Kage tapped him, "Oh you're done? Did you see anything noteworthy?"

I did see someone use Hoti Indra over there. It was only used once though, so I guess that was enough if they were fighting a Sura. If it weren't getting dark so quickly, I would go over there and search for the Magician who cast it.

Kage made a zigzagging motion with his finger, from above his head down to the ground.

"Uh..." Marve scratched his head. "Oh! You saw someone using Hoti Indra?" He smiled when Kage nodded. "Was it close by?"

In response, Kage shook his head. Well, not close enough anyway.

He picked up the backpack, watching Marve pick up the pieces of wood, and the stringy plant leaf fibers they had collected. They had decided that the group could make use of it all somehow. For example, using the wood to make a fire if they wanted to.

"Shall we?" Marve asked as he stood up, pointing back in the direction of the location that everyone had agreed to meet up at.

Kage nodded, turning to follow Marve as he led. I should try making a map of this island tomorrow. I've never made one before, but... Ah, that cool guy Gilis said that he's a Surya-Surya-Asvins Magician? He should be able to make a good map. I'll try asking him later.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Pyktis Furo

The sea was surprisingly forgiving, as the the waves calmly guided him to the island. Since he couldn't do much to help his situation and the fact that this day was drawing to a close, there was no point in saving his spells any longer. Though he didn't have any notable offensive spells anyway so it wasn't much of a benefit for him in this wide ocean.

'Hoti Ashvins" he muttered to himself, his form bathed in a gentle blue light as his body could feel rejuvenated. His calculations had been spot on like always though he felt that he may have drawn some attention to himself with this little display. If the sharks weren't interested until now, they would surely be now. Thus he picked up the paddle and quickly got to work. The shore was near enough that a few minutes of labor would ensure safety. The small hint of bonfire at the distace was a bit reassuring.

Maybe the other survivors had already banded together, maybe he can join them and form a team though he wasn't known to be really interactive. Many possibilities arose but all of them took a backseat when he saw a shadow loom over himself as he neared the shore. Rising from the surface was a tall slender form of a Gandharva Mara, Probably a stage 3rd looking by his stumpy form, but it's jaws held a peculiar malice that all sura reflected. 

There were high chances that Pyktis can't escape without engaging the tall sura. He didn't have any fancy spells prepared. He had been foolish enough to prepare many of his Yama repertoire even when he knew that the opponent forces were mainly sura. How that foolishness will cost him, he didn't knew for sure. With a shriek, the water serpent came slashing down, ready to devour him. Pyktis furiously paddled with all his strength to narrowly avoid the strike. The shockwave strong enough to send him on the shore.

Finding the reassuring earth under him, he let a smile briefly light up his face. Though he appeared cold and indifferent of the situation he was put in, Pyktis never really liked the sea. The mystique and boundlessness of it always put him on the edge. Something about improper defense made him itchy. It was also the reason he hated the Hoti Chandra spell. He felt that being sneaky served no purpose for a powerful person. He wasn't foolish to believe in honorable fight but he disliked being sneaky.

"Hoti Marut" the word were uttered in a low whisper, loud enough to announce his intention but not a shout out to every one around. A big slash seemed to appear from beyond the plane and sever the sura cleanly in two. It's purple blood dying the sand. Pyktis calmly went up to the sliced sura and further started chopping palatable morsels with the help of his knife. Cleanly stuffing them into the blue bag which was now packed again.

Satisfied with his handiwork, he started for the distant bonfire. He would just be in time for dinner with sashimi no less.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 08 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Gilis sat back at camp, refining his map. While he knew how to survive in the wilderness, he still wasn't much of a hunter, so Gilis did what he did best. Using the rest of the instructions as a canvas, Gilis used Hoti Surya without hesitation, slowly, carefully sketching out a more accurate map of the island. He drew out important geographic locations: mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, canyons, swamps, etc. He also marked important locations: the locations of other survivors (updated occasionally), major nests of Sura, and wreckage from the ship, where the magicians might be able to salvage more supplies. He had used up ten more uses of Hoti Surya by the time he was satisfied with it.

Edited by Ichypa, 06 January 2015 - 03:46 AM.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

"Vanda said there might be some in the water, but I don't really believe it. It's way too shallow." Said Martin, putting his hand into the muddy waters.

"What are you doing?!", Vanda asked incredulous.

"See, nothing here. Noth- EYAAA!!" 

Martin's arm had just been half slawoled by a fish. Maybe even a young mara, by its size.

"GET OFF!!" He thrusted Monica into the fish.

No way, he didn't just...

"&%$§!# MY HAND! MY HAND!!! ACK!", the man who had just stabbed himself screamed.

Well, we've got some fish. I don't like fish though.

He patched his arm they decided to find the others. On the way back, they only found a clearing.

"We should tell the others about this. Kairak said inside the forest we might be safer. And his idea with the fire on the shore to lead more survivors who didn't make it to the shore yet to us seems good to me. It's not far to the shore from here and the river is nearby, too."

"Good idea, Vanda. But let's find them first... Okay? We could check up the bonfire, later? Oh, and I left Kairak and Peppy not far from here..."

Celia guided them back somehow, although by the time the trio found them he had already finished skinning the rabbits and "preparing" the sura- Celia got them lost several time, as directions weren't her forte, and after having somehow spotted a bunch of Upanis from afar she had them do a big detour.

"Are you sure it's here this time?"

"I am."

"You said the exact same thing the three last times. We're lucky enough to not have bumped into sura."

"We almost did though. I was just lucky enough to hear them when you didn't."

"How'd you even spot them? It's not like they were loud because they were having an argument other attacking us or not. Sura can't speak."

"They can speak. Ever heard of sura speech?" 

"Well, I just happen to have good ears, that's all. They moved around quite a bit, you know? And you're too loud."

She then seemed to notice something. Purple blood stained the grass, between the trees ahead.

"We're here, I was right."

"Finally."

Shaddup.

"Kairak, we're back! Oh, you've prepared the sura... Hmm... Cool? Looks rather tasty. Even when not cooked."

Sure brings back memories. You always bragged about it when you killed Garudas, mom. And sis who went vegan by your fault. Ha.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Key

When the night was falling, Key starts waking up.

Mhhhhhh..... ah, I didn't sleep so soundly for quite a long time, is it already night time? But why do I feel kind of numb.... and what is that thing trying to take over my foot !? It's definely not a spider.... a baby sura?

He starts giving a few kicks to the blub until it got off him, but then he notices... about 20 beings were in his surrounding area, but just how they got here, Key is wondering. He tries to silently get up and makes a few steps.

Man, the ground sure is slippery >_>, putting this fact aside just how did these beings... no, they are definely suras... how did they come here?

To make things worse, not only was the ground slippery, but Key's body also was a bit numb, due to that baby sura who had some kind of poison with anesthesic effect. In normal movement this wouldn't trouble Key at all, moreso it helps Key because he doesn't feel anymore pain from his body... but in delicate and silent movements the numbness is a real pain in the ass. Since he thinks that the ground is not safe enough at the moment, he murmurs something.

'Bhavati Kubera'

He is slowly ascending in the sky watching over the sura around him not to notice.

These sura seem to be sleeping. Judging by their apparences I'd say they are all early stage upani, or late stage mara. And that big rock like sura... although he looks pretty funny, he gives around a pretty strong aura. But... isn't that a hole near him? I see so they came here by underground... but I should've still heard them raising up.

Key thinks for a bit and finnaly realises.

I see... the ground definely wasn't that slippery before, they used water to dimminuate the sound they make, quite smart you could say. I should check further away to see if there are more suras around.

Key takes out his Hunter's Eyes and looks around.

Good, seems like there aren't any other s ... Lightning sparkles? Why is lightning near that forest? There are no clouds on the sky. Might it be a sura? But I don't see anyone around... that lightning, it barely has any power, it's like it's used for lightening... or to lure prey. What if it's another survivor? Well right now I have more than enough vigor to escape from here and from whatever should lie there, guess I'll go to check out.

'Hoti Vayu'

Key teleports near the forest, in the spot where the sparkles are. He looks a bit around for the obstacles and safe escape places.

I see... there's definely someone who's hiding here, the wind isn't going by it's normal flow, there are some more obstacles... obstacles that can't be seen. Guess I gotta check out if it's human or sura.

" You, the one who's hiding, show yourself! If you don't show up soon I'll consider you an enemy, hence commencing attack. "

Edited by popabogdan, 06 January 2015 - 08:30 PM.

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

With the darkness slowly settling over the water, Kleen continued whispering slowly to himself. His gray eyes mapped themselves over the green mountain in the distance trying to explicitly pick out a significant landmark. However, even as the sun set, Kleen could not find any significant glare. Numbers gently rocked across the waves as Kleen continued talking to himself.

"It is only probability. I may still be too far. The waves will knock me a little. Am I carrying the 0? No, no, no. Don't forget about the height of any trees."

Each time Kleen believed his calculations would put him comfortably above some trees, he hesitated in casting Vayu. His hope had been to get to the island by only casting one Hoti Vayu and any issues in his calculations would most likely burn extra spells usages. But the consequence for his desire had forced him to remain in the water for most of the day. At least he was lucky to be in the right hemisphere that he could remain greedy in warm water for the day. Otherwise, the amount of spell usages burnt would have been the least of his worries.

"That's twice now, I guess that will be my best estimate." He licked his lips, wiping away some of the caked salt that had grown and spread across much of his face; a nice sting to the tongue that had avoided water for most of the day. Taking a deep breath, Kleen closed his eyes, and repeated the words he had been given so many years ago. The same words that always brought him luck. Words that were swallowed by the waves until the final line, when his eyes flashed open, and the words echoed from deep inside him.

“….and to you, above all, I pray. Hoti Vayu

About 10 meters above a tree, Kleen appeared. A brief moment of looking relaxed in the sky ended with his eventual return to the ground. Kleen rotated mid-air, bracing his arms for the resistance he was about to face. Hands rubbing across the bark, he flipped from one tree to the next, allowing his momentum to carry him, until eventually he dangled from a limb. With a couple burns from his acrobats, Kleen had safely arrived on the island. A toothy smile slipped out.

Pulling himself up onto the limb, Kleen’s legs dangled down. He looked over himself noting a lack of injuries besides the pain in his legs. If only his attributes had not changed at an inappropriate time and he would have landed safely on the island. Hoti Varuna pulled away the water sticking to his clothes, leaving behind salt and grime, but giving Kleen something to quench his thirst. By the time he finished, darkness had enveloped the entire island. Safe above the ground, Kleen threw one leg over each side of the branch he currently lay on for balance, and close his eyes for the night.

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Ritsu Hanatz

Shortly after Ritsu had cast his Hoti Chandra and settled in for his wait, he heard a whoosh of air as someone Hoti Vayu'ed into the area. After a brief look around, the person spoke.

" You, the one who's hiding, show yourself! If you don't show up soon I'll consider you an enemy, hence commencing attack. "

The person who had teleported to the area looked young, a bit younger that Ritsu himself looked, but not by much. The lack of sura features seemed to indicate he wasn't a half, but it was dark enough that he couldn't tell if the newcomer's hair and eyes matched, which would help in further identifying him. Or her? His/her hair was definitely on the longer side for most guys. No, they were a guy. Ritsu recognized him as one of the other passengers from the ship, but he couldn't recall any major conversations with him. He stepped forward and released the Hoti Chandra.

"Hello friend!" Ritsu said suddenly and loudly. "I don't know if we've met before. My name is Ritsu Hanatz, native of Willarv. I assume you're the one who cast the massive Hoti Indra earlier today?"

Ritsu spoke jovially. He was hoping to surprise the other person with his sudden appearance, which would have given him a great laugh, but this new arrival didn't seem the type to jump at such a simple surprise.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Good thing Celia was able to lead them around the sura. They finally met up with Kairak and Peppy and headed back to the meeting point.

But it seemed like Martin really wanted to annoy and irritate everyone around him. And did he purposefully trample through the forest although everyone else treaded with care?

I don't know if he just wants to kill something or is really off. What am I thinking about. Probably both...

When they arrived at the place where Gilis had volunteered to look over the bags, Kage and Marve had already arrived.

Gilis just finished updating his map. This guy is really useful, huh? Unlike a certain someone...

Martin looked at Vanda as if he had heard her thoughts. "Don't judge me. Oy, seriously. I know that look. You're totally judging me."

Yeah, and?

"I brought a fish, what did you do?"

Preventing you from sticking your head into the water instead of your arm.

"I can read your expressions like a book. You think I'm an idiot, right?"

Gods, now he really scares me. Manta, I want you back. Come back. I can't cope with this alone. I prefer your craziness over this creep.

"...You want to eat a coconut? Now, that's really random, Vanda."

When Vanda blinked irritated, Martin grinned.

The next moment he lay on the ground, knocked out.

"...If the sura don't kill him, I might 'accidently' do it. You know. What happens on Carte stays on Carte."

After they finally had some quiet, Vanda mentioned the clearing they had found and proposed to set the main camp there for now. Furthermore, it might be better to save the blue bags instead of turning them into tents. Since they might have to travel over the ocean to reach civilization. "We really need more organization... By the way, where's Ephraim? Wait. Wasn't he with you, Peppy?"

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Gilis looked up and saw that Ceclia, Vanda, and the others had returned. He stood up and waved. "Hello, my friends and colleagues! How went the hunt?"

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Kageshvara

"Oh crap..." Marve looked around when Vanda mentioned Ephraim.

Peppy shook his head, "Uh, Ephraim said he would go search for plants or something... Apparently he's an Herbalist..."

Kage watched the group, having gotten to work on crafting his new bow, close enough to Gilis to be admiring his handiwork with the map, but far enough to maintain personal space.

I don't recall ever learning what Ephraim's attributes were. Or if he's even a Magician. He seemed like a Fighter to me. He's nice and levelheaded though, so I'm sure he's safe wherever he is.

"Should we...you know... Go and, er, find him?" The nervous man with the comical name scratched his head, feeling heat on his cheeks as he began to sweat.

"What, in the darkness?" Martin looked over at Peppy, flashing a grin. "Sounds fun! Maybe we might find someo- something to kill on the way!"

Apparently Martin didn't understand why everyone chose that time to give him a hard glare.

Kage felt a shiver upon hearing Martin speak.

This guy is dangerous! I'll be keeping an eye on him, definitely... F-from a distance, of course. I don't want to get close enough for him to try and kill me. Yeah, I'm not afraid of him or anything, I just need to stay out of harms way for the sake of the party. Yeah, for the party. If I die, it'll be harder for everyone to get around. Hm, yep. There's nothing wrong with being wary of potential sociopath.

"Hey, you okay?" The crazy one in question had taken notice of bow craftsman inching further and further from everyone. Of course, unaware that it was him that the boy sought distance from.

"Aaaanyway!" Marve forced a nervous smile. "I think Ephraim will be okay! I didn't notice any Sura too close to us, so as long as he didn't stray too far from here, he should be okay."

Peppy nodded along in swift agreement, though it was mainly because he was scared to go out and search. "Totally! I bet we'll run into him if we head to that clearing that Ms. Vanda found!"

"Oh. So, no go on the search and rescue?" Martin shrugged, stroking Monica, which still bore blood on her blade.

Kage gasped -not that anyone could really hear it- upon noticing the blood, hands fumbling the half-finished bow. Luckily, he caught it before it fell. Though he drew attention from the near accident.

Holy crap, he already killed someone!? And his hand seems to be injured! He must have gotten hurt while killing the victim! D-did he...kill Ephraim already!?

Eyes darting over the alerted group, Kage quickly shook his head, to let them know he was fine.

No, no... That crazy guy was with Ms. Vanda... There's no way he killed Ephraim. Unless...they separated. He's a Magician, right? He could have used Hoti Vayu to attack Ephraim then return to her side! Er, no... You shouldn't suspect someone just because he's really suspicious and creepy, Kage. I'll just watch him carefully. Ephraim's probably fine, and he's just insane. I mean, maybe he actually stabbed himself! But...that doesn't make sense, why would he? Unless he's a masochist. Which...would be a somewhat good thing? If he gets off on pain, then he might be less inclined to kill people.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" Taking notice of the knife in Kage's hand, Martin advanced with vigor. "Aha! You have good taste! That's a really good, expensive knife from the Meryx Brand! Where'd you get it?"

"Hoti Vayu!" For the second time that day, Kage's surprise casting kicked in, teleporting him and his equipment to the other side of the area at a safe distance from mr. axe crazy.

Oh wait, he was just asking me a question... But why did he rush at me like that?! He really is scary!

Marve blinked at Kage, after realizing where he'd ended up, and held in a laugh upon seeing him curled up with his things held against his chest. "Are you okay?"

"That was weird," Remarked Martin as he turned to the Quarter.

Blushing, Kage once again shook his head.

Peppy laughed at the reaction, "Hey, why don't we try to refrain from going close to Kage without announcing it? I think he's really jumpy~"

Kage's expression now showed he was less than amused. "Bhavati Vayu..."

Whispering the Spell, with minor calculation, brought forth a breeze from behind Peppy. With the wind, the high-strung male screamed -or rather shrieked- like a little girl, jumping like he thought a bug had crawled on him.

You're one to talk... At least my fear is real...

Best pairing:

Spoiler