Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Cataclysmic

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Kleen’s gray eyes emptily stared at the golden trinket on his left wrist, his thumb rubbing against the bottom edge of the circular device. Sitting dab in the middle of the currently crumbling transport ship, Kleen remained content feeling the cold metal rub against his skin. The second hand began its loop at the top of the watch, when Kleen removed his thumb. A thin line imprinted from the watch ran down the underbelly of his thumb.

Bodies moved quickly around Kleen grabbing items from the armory. Blue, red, green, and yellow backpacks left the shelves, terror etched in most of the faces grabbing these bags. Half of the way through its movement, the second hand turned upwards.

Twisting metal began to groan from the tension being put on the ship. 15 seconds. Some of the magicians gathered in groups. Others remained alone.

A shout as one person pounded on the Captain’s Door.

The ticking nose enveloped Kleen, his heart slowing to a standstill. He took a deep breath. His attributes were going to change at the worst of times.

An explosion rocked the ship and with the quick change in pressure ripped most out of the ship. Kleen woke from his stupor from the sudden force pulling him. Screams and cries and metal sighs turned to an icy silence. Kleen momentarily remained weightless, until the gravity of Carte began to pull him down. A stroke of luck really, for had they been any higher they would have landed as fluffs of ashes. A hearty smile spread across Kleen’s face, his previously empty eyes dancing with a fire of excitement. The adrenaline forced him to yell with joy. He spread his arms feeling the air whip past him.

Reaching the first layer of wet clouds reminded Kleen of his current predicament. Screaming a high-pitch cry past his ears, the whipping wind continued to grow louder, as Kleen continued to speed up. Trying to pull his left wrist to his face led to failure. The speed forced Kleen’s arms to his side. Shit

A beautiful green isle appeared ahead the moment he reached the edge of the clouds. But without knowing his attributes, Kleen would not be able to land safely. He aimed towards the water.

Don’t go headfirst in dumbass. You are going to break your neck

The echo of a time long past reminded Kleen of words his mother had given him after pushing him off a cliff. Sweat beaded across Kleen’s forehead. If he flipped too early, he would not be able to accurately aim. Too late and he would be fish-food for Sura in the water.

Turning his head to the right, a mountain rose from the lush isle. He pulled his legs in tight, readying to flip.

Dark water rose around Kleen, pain surging up through his body with it. Thankfully this was nothing like the “fun” times with his mom. His momentum finally subsiding, Kleen kicked slowly to the surface, until he bobbed with the waves. Even though the sun reflected off of the water, the 3 hands on his watch reminded him of the true time: 00:09 Current Universal Time. His attributes had been reset the moment he fell from the ship. In the middle of the watch 3 names appeared: Varuna, Vayu, Kubera. Just his luck. Any of those three would have helped him avoid the pain in his legs. He turned towards the isle, now a few miles in the distance.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

"......" Vanda looked at Kairak. "Well. I doubt that he got thrown out with us. He's the pilot. But enough of that. I'm Vanda. Seems like most volunteers are Quarters or Halfs, hm? Backpack? I got the blue one..."

After a short look at the instructions, she let out a sigh. Well. "It's a... boat. Guess we could make use of it later on... I doubt that we're where we were supposed to land."

The ex-girlfriend-mourning idiot that followed Kairak back to us looked... a bit soaked. But more reliable than before. He hugged a blue bag as if it were his beloved, tho.

"Ok, for now we concentrate on reaching the other group. Looks like they spotted us, too. We should meet up in half an hour at most... I think... I hope this place is save for now, I saw some shadows passing by... I guess it were some bigger suras passing between the sun and the planet, but we shouldn't rule out the possibility that some are nearby." Wow, seems like finally my mind started working again. Why didn't I think of that right away. We're in danger here...

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Pyktis Furo

A shrill shout broke him from his reverie as he found himself plomped in a cozy window seat on a crashing plane. The frantic gasps and audible complaints of his colleagues filled the air like a swarm of locusts just before a summer harvest. The plane was shaking wildly now and the pilot had confirmed that theirs won't be a pleasant landing. That they would have to find trust in each other and their own ability to snake out of this dire situation. 

Pyktis looked around himself, with an almost detached nonchalance until a bag hit his face and he found himself dragged in the airstream. Plunging to his death below with his fellow colleagues in tow. It didn't help that he wasn't social, why of all times that they needed to communicate. Now he was all by his lonesome, plummeting to his destiny as Carte's landmass spread across his vision in a gaping smile, mocking his ability to improvise this time.

His master had always told him that a good magician wasn't the most gifted or the one with the best attributes but the one prepared. And he had prepared, he knew the exact dimensions of Carte, it's gravitational pull, it's rotation and everything. As he fell through the air, he spread his arms wide to increase his drag, the wind being a violently loving aunt as it literally seem to tear of his face. His mind raced through all the calculations. He could very well use Bhavati Kubera and he will be able to wrestle with his predicament but then he won't have it for his whole day. He could use Hoti Indra to cushion the fall by increasing his strength or a Hoti ashvin to boost his recovery but all came of at a terrible price.

He finally ascertained that diving won't be enough to kill him and that the risk needed to be take for the reward to be borne. So he streamlined himself mid air, rifling through the air in the latter part of his descent as his body reached terminal velocity. He was making a beeline for the deep blue, his body as taut and as straight as a knife. Hands outstretched, head properly braced between his shoulders and ankles and feet pointing downward as he entered the water feet first.

The water shot up to a mini spring as his descent finished, everything from his entry to his execution could have won him a gold in the diving competition at Rindhallow. But sadly the aftereffects of the risk soon manifested as he made his way to the surface, he belched out blood as his body went numb, lying on his back as an empty smile crossed his face. He had survived though barely. The adventure was surely gonna get better. OR NOT as the cause of his descent came crashing down on his leg. A blue bag. He wondered what more misery was held within the ominous bag.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 30 December 2014 - 02:32 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

"Hey, I see you're ,making introductions. My name is Kairak, I'm a Kinnara quarter and specialize in Water and Sky magic. Did you open your backpacks yet? In mine was a pretty useful long range communicator. And don't worry too much, I'm sure if you got a friend on the plane we will find him. I saw most of the passengers being sucked out from the plane so if he is a decent magician he will make it."

Said "Kairak". 

Being sucked out of a spaceship in the higher atmosphere doesn't sound safe to me, though. I'm sure many of us died. We're lucky to have even survived that fall, you know?

"Well. I doubt that he got thrown out with us. He's the pilot. But enough of that. I'm Vanda. Seems like most volunteers are Quarters or Halfs, hm? Backpack? I got the blue one..."

Vanda looked inside of it, before continuing her speech.

"It's a... boat. Guess we could make use of it later on... I doubt that we're where we were supposed to land."

"Ok, for now we concentrate on reaching the other group. Looks like they spotted us, too. We should meet up in half an hour at most... I think... I hope this place is save for now, I saw some shadows passing by... I guess it were some bigger suras passing between the sun and the planet, but we shouldn't rule out the possibility that some are nearby."

Right. Good thing they didn't notice, about me. Or maybe, even better, they don't care the slightest. 
"I have a blue and a red one. The red one contains ashes, though... But a bag can prove useful, at least. To transport stuff."
Celia tied her hair in a ponytail, so that it didn't drop into her eyes if they were to fight. She waved her light blue tail, then asked:
"Hmm, in case we bump into a sura... Did you guys grab your weapons? Mine is fine, but what about you..? Or do you not need any, as magicians?"
If it's an young Upani or a Mara, we should be relatively fine... But a Rakshasa... This is bad... There was so many of them before...
"..."
Well, who lives knows, as they say... 

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Vanda scratched her head in embarrassment. "Hahaha-ha. Well. I usually fight with a spear but lost it... Should have thought about taking it... " Was busy making dents into a damn door...

"But I can use hoti brahma to make a makeshift weapon..."

"I have a knife.", the idiot (she still didn't know his name) interposed. He held up a 20 cm long blade.

"......" What the? He had something useful on him?

"Wh-what? Why are you staring at me like that? I always have Monica with me."

".................."

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Vanda scratched her head before answering with an embarrassed expression. 

"Hahaha-ha. Well. I usually fight with a spear but lost it... Should have thought about taking it... " 

"But I can use hoti brahma to make a makeshift weapon..."

Well, better than nothing I supp...

"I have a knife.", the idiot said. Celia had already forgotten about him.

He held up a knife 20 cm long.

Ah, maybe he'll prove somehow useful?

"Wh-what? Why are you staring at me like that? I always have Monica with me."

Don't tell me... No way...

"That... Tilda... you "lost"... It's a knife as well?"

That's even worst than Dad and his furry ears fetichism...

Wait...

Okay, maybe not.

Although he wouldn't have met mom, if it wasn't for it.

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Kageshvara

With the other three, Kage approached the group in sight. He'd had more than enough time to adjust to moving with the belt bound against his left ankle.

I should have nicknames for them.

"Hey, is it true that Superior Sura actually don't like eating Humans?" The question was posed by the high-strung one.

He can be...yeah, he's Nervy~

"What? Where did you hear that?" This response came from the one who had given Kage his belt.

He gave me his belt, so he's Belty? I don't really like that, so I'll try to come up with a better one later.

"Uh... Places?" Was the nervous reply from Nervy.

The fourth of the group, the one that had been caught by Bhavati Vayu, spoke next, "Actually, I heard that it depends on the Sura. Some like eating Humans, and others prefer to only eat other Sura."

Nervy flashed a nervous grin, "O-oh... Do you think those ones we saw up there would want to eat us?"

"Oh no, I'm sure they're too good to be eating we lowly Humans."

Hm, he's being considerate of Nervy's nerves. He seems like a nice and sensitive person, so he can be Sensy. Or Tacty? Either or, I guess.

"D-definitely... Yeah! Definitely, they wouldn't want to eat us, right? You think so too, right?" Nervy directed this question to the Quarter with the light limp.

Kage's response was to lift a thumb casually.

They'll eat us all if we give them the chance.

"Right, okay." Belty scratched his head. "So we're right about to meet that group there. Maybe we should at least tell each other our names? I'll start. I'm Marve Aven."

You're still Belty.

Sensy nodded, "Ephraim Cousland."

That name's kind of cool...

"Uh, I'm Peppy Hardmeat..." Nervy gave a shaky wave to the other three.

The other three had to restrain themselves from laughing. It was quite the challenge.

That's really his name!?

Kage noticed the three look to him, which prompted him to remove his Magician License from his pocket. Thankfully, his wallet hadn't gotten lost in transit.

Belty looked at the license, "Kageshvara...Nyvias... Your name is kind of long, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Replied Kage. Of course, his voice was too soft to be heard, so he nodded in confirmation.

"We'll call you Kage, is that okay?" Sensy asked politely.

Nodding once again in response, Kage turned to face the group that was now almost directly in front of them. Upon realizing that two of them were women, he froze up, and could only lift a hand in a stilted wave to greet them.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Celia seemed to follow the same trail of thought as Vanda.

Seriously, that guy was weird...

"H-how dare you calling Tilda a mere knife! She was my most beloved sword, one point five meters pure beautiful Eloth steel, enhanced with means of complicated modifications. She could cut sharper than every bhavati marut, I tell you! Oh Tilda! Why did you leave me! sob.."

"How can a sword 'leave' you?" Vanda had to admit that she was curious.

"Got stuck in the temple wall. She refused to let me pull her out. Had to leave her there or else they would have know that I was the one that impaled that bastard... She got arrested by the temple guards. Couldn't claim her back, of course. Waaah. Tilda. I'll probably go to hell, let's meet up there again. sob sob..."

Oh gods. We ended up with the crazy killer.

"Wow. That's just sad. Ehem. Put Monica back in her sheath, ok? You don't want to loose her as well, right?" "Right!"

Vanda rubbed her face with both hands. She really hoped he wouldn't cause any problems.

She was glad when they finally met the other group.

The three men of the group greeted them friendly, whereas the only woman of the group froze up and shyly raised a hand to greet. Wait. Was that black haired person even a woman? Vanda couldn't really tell, the clothes he(?) wore obscured his(?) figure.

Vanda wanted to include him(?) in the meeting and discussion of what to do now and made some steps in his(?) direction. "Hi! I'm Vanda. Want to come over?" But she somehow got the impression that he(?) would turn and run if she got any closer, so she stopped, a bit confused. She cast a questioning look towards the men that he(?) came with.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Celia

"H-how dare you calling Tilda a mere knife! She was my most beloved sword, one point five meters pure beautiful Eloth steel, enhanced with means of complicated modifications. She could cut sharper than every bhavati marut, I tell you! Oh Tilda! Why did you leave me! sob.."

"How can a sword 'leave' you?"

"Got stuck in the temple wall. She refused to let me pull her out. Had to leave her there or else they would have know that I was the one that impaled that bastard... She got arrested by the temple guards. Couldn't claim her back, of course. Waaah. Tilda. I'll probably go to hell, let's meet up there again. sob sob..."

An angel Garuda sura passed. 

"Wow. That's just sad. Ehem. Put Monica back in her sheath, ok? You don't want to loose her as well, right?"

"Right!"

That's one guy to be wary about...*sigh*

That's when they finally met up with the other party.  Four men, among them one looked... shy. He had shoulder length black hair with long bangs covering his eyes. 

It was kind of hard to tell whether he was a boy or a girl, actually. But a girl would be less likely to be wary around women - for he had frozen upon seeing them, it seemed.

He could only wave his hand, shyly. Hmm.

"Hi! I'm Vanda. Want to come over?" Told Vanda.

"My name is Celia, I am an Ananta Half." Celia continued on a friendly tone.

Upon saying his (?) shy, wary reaction, Celia reached for the "bangs guy". Even as a Half, she was quite fast, and she was before him before the others could react. From up close she could see he(?) had bright purple eyes. He looked in his twenties.

"And you are..? Are you okay? You look pale. Are you hurt?" She continued with her most innocent smile. Their faces were twenty centimeters apart, for she was quite small.

Teasing is bad, I know. Whatever. I need to evacuate stress a bit... And I'm curious of his reaction. That's not even a prank.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Kageshvara

With the greeting of the two girls, one maintaining distance and the other moving to close proximity, Kage had been caught off guard. Aside from the two girls, the only ones in his line of sight were the two guys with them, and so... "Hoti Vayu!"

With what sounded like a bird chirping, Kage teleported behind the one that seemed to be a Quarter.

Ah... I wasted one... She scared me though, girls are scary...

As the Garuda Quarter was now peeking out from behind his human wall, the one unofficially nicknamed Belty spoke up. "Uh, that was...yeah. I think he might be mute or something."

"Hey, you aren't afraid of girls, are you?" The polite one asked.

Kage shook his head quickly. A blatant lie to everyone who saw his reaction.

"W-whoa, he cast that Hoti Vayu really fast..." The high-strung one remarked.

"Aaaaanyway!" The now beltless man looked at the opposite group of four. "I'm Marve. That skittish one there has a long name, so you can just call him Kage."

I'm not skittish, girls are just scary!

"I'm Ephraim," With a polite bow, he introduced himself.

The one whose nickname to Kage was Nervy, noticed the three he had already gotten somewhat acquainted with, watching him expectantly for some reason. "Oh, uh... I'm P-peppy Hardmeat."

Ephraim managed to keep a serious expression, though Marve chuckled once and Kage nearly fell over, presumably in laughter.

"Huh? What? What is it?!" Peppy looked to Kage and Marve rather frantically.

"Nothing," Marve replied with a smile, as Kage shook his head and stood up straight, though he remained in his half hidden position behind the fellow male Quarter. As it happened, Marve was also the only one who knew that Kage was definitely male, from his license. The other two were decidedly unclear on his gender, like the two ladies.

Creeping around a few meters from everyone, Kage moved to a position behind Marve, whispering something to him.

"Oh, so you CAN talk..." Getting over his surprise, Marve looked to the other four. "Did you happen to spot any more survivors? Kage said we should probably find somewhere safer to set up camp before night falls."

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Vanda silently admired Kage's calculation speed while she gave Celia a "Seriously?"-stare.

Despite his (Kage sounded like a male name to her) assertion, she was sure the skittish Kage had a problem with women. Well, I'll be considerative and avoid him. Have seen more serious problems...

What the- Peppy Hardmeat? Poor guy. She was able to keep a straight face. Close call.

Pointing at her traveling companions one by one , Vanda introduced them. "Kairak, Celia, Vanda and ... uh... " "Martin." Ok the crazy guy got a name now.

"Yes, setting up a camp seems like a good idea. Shall we stay on the beach or retreat into the forest? I guess we're in danger of encountering suras anyway, but we also need freshwater, so it might be better to go into the forest..."

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

After a fortunately short walk, Gilis found his way to the group he'd aimed for. He was pleased to see that they had joined up with another group; safety in numbers after all. With a scamper an a leap, Gilis leapt onto a rocky outcropping, announcing his presence with a flourish of his cape.

"Never fear, lost lambs! I, GILIS ANOR, have arrived! The darkness that has surrounded you shall at last be lifted!" Gilis proclaimed, striking a pose. When no applause answered his entrance, Gilis decided a little ice-breaking was necessary, and began to applaude himself.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWhere no man has gone before

Ritsu Hanatz

While all this was going on, Ritsu Hanatz was still working his way through the forest quickly yet quietly. Not much to report, sir, he though silently to himself. He almost halfway wished that an inferior sura would appear just to break the monotony. But a fight would probably attract another sura, likely a superior one. Best not. He used one of his two knives to slash a a particularly annoying vine in his path, then kept walking.

It was hard to precisely determine distance and time in the forest, but Ritsu estimated that he had traveled somewhere between one-third and one-fourth of the forest. The positioning of the sun told him that he was still moving toward the beach.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Celia was impressed by his calculation speed. His reaction was as fun as she had predicted.

She turned towards him and ignored Vanda's annoyed glare.

She dozed out for a while, then, spotting a running? sound looked around. 

Where..?

"Kairak, Celia, Vanda and ... uh... "

Where..?

"Martin." 

Where..?

"Yes, setting up a camp seems like a good idea. Shall we stay on the beach or retreat into the forest? I guess we're in danger of encountering suras anyway, but we also need freshwater, so it might be better to go into the forest..."

Other there?

"Never fear, lost lambs! I, GILIS ANOR, have arrived! The darkness that has surrounded you shall at last be lifted!" 

Uh... I was right. Is that another idiot?

He had purple hair and amber eyes, and was wearing a tacky purple cloak with golden embroidment.

Seems so.

Pretty much all of them had jumped in the air out of fright, and were now glaring at him.

Seeing this unfriendly welcome, Gilis started applauding himself. 

The clapping sound seemed awkward in the wild of the forest.

She was first to recover her senses.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Celia, here's Tiavanda, Kairak, Martin, Ephraim, Kage, Marve, and ... "

Gosh, I can't laugh. I shouldn't. I shouldn't. 

"...Peppy Hardmeat. And the name of Martin's knife is Monica... Was it?"

I didn't laugh. I'm proud of myself.

Although she was grinning wildly, Celia managed to finish the presentations without bursting out of laughter. Her tail was waving violently, though.

That was her way to cope with excitement.. Or in this case, internal laughter.

Better than laughing to his face, no?

Edited by Nualie, 29 December 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Gilis blatantly snickered at Peppy's name. "Greetings, Celia, Tiavanda, Kairak, Martin, Ephraim, Kage, Marvae, Martin and Monica, and Peppy Hardmeat." Gilis snickered again. He stepped off of his outcropping, and walked over to the group. "As I said, my name is Gilis. As for more relevant information, I am a pure-blood, a Surya-Surya-Asvins magician, and I acquired a blue bag before the ship crashed." Gilis held up the bag in question.

Edited by Ichypa, 29 December 2014 - 05:49 PM.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Kairak

Kairak didnt mind beeing used as a human shield against the women, as long as the man called Kage was between him and crazy-knife-guy. At least he was pretty sure he was a man, because the looks didnt tell. The other ones who arrived with him seemed rather normal. Apart from the name. He could barly contain himself from bursting out laughing. Luckilyhe was saved by another new arrival.
"Never fear, lost lambs! I, GILIS ANOR, have arrived! The darkness that has surrounded you shall at last be lifted!"
He was almost exactly the opposite of the quite and shy Kage. After Celia made a short introduction of the group they went back to discussing where to spend the night.
"Let's head to the forest first", Kairak suggested ""We are easy prey on the shore . In the forest we are protected from the wind and sura wont be able to spot us easily when flying over our heads. We could also try to build a tent.If I saw that correctly, in the blue bags are boats made from canvas. We could just turn them around to find some shelter. I dont know if we have a fire magician, but if thats the case we should make a campfire on the shore. It can be spotted from afar at night, so other survivors of the crash will have a general direction for the communication devices. Yet it should be far enough that sura wont find us immediatly.Maybe a hoti chandra would help or we could take shifts during the dark."

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Kageshvara

With the ongoing conversation on where to camp out, Kage held out his green backpack.

"Oh, right." Ephraim looked around at the group, which now numbered nine. "Kage's bag is full of food, emergency signals, purifying agents, and uh..."

Marve nodded when Ephraim glanced at him, "We're pretty sure it's bathing power... Apparently it'll turn into soap if hit with Hoti Indra, so if anyone feels like they want to take a bath, we can make one with Hoti Varuna."

After looking up toward the sky, Kage cast his eyes down at the emergency signals.

We could send a flare to alert the other survivors... But we would probably attract Sura too. I guess everyone else will just have to fend for themselves for now.

Peppy observed everyone, blissfully unaware of the reason that some seemed to have found humor in his name. Was it really that unusual?

Listening as the shy boy whispered to him again, Marve relayed his words. "Yeah, good point. Kage said that we should try to save the food for our last resort. It would be best if we could find something to eat. He said that he's no stranger to cooking and eating Mara, so we'll be well off if we can find some."

Peppy frowned, "I've never eaten Sura meat before... If we eat them, won't they want to eat us?"

They already want to eat us.

"Uh, no. No." Ephraim quickly replied. "I'm sure they don't care about a few weak Mara."

Best pairing:

Spoiler

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Key

Key was soundly asleep... that is what anyone would think upon seeing him, but that wasn't it, he could actually wake up at the slightest sign of danger... just like now. Key starts hearing some faint 'steps'* which were pretty close to him. In his mind he starts asking himself why didn't he hear it earlier and why... why did he not notice it until his instinct told him, how comes that the wind didn't warn him? But, for now this isn't important, Key must get to know just what creature got this close to him. From the sound it makes and the fact that he barely feels any disturbance in the wind's flow he gets to know that it's most definely a small creature. Key gets up and turns around to check the creature with his own eyes, but... he froze on place. The look on his face was like he had seen a ghost. He was getting pale as he was watching in fear the thing that trespassed his zone. Yes... it was a spider!

No way..... no, not here too! Why... why must you exist even on another planet!? Why can't I escape from these horrible creatures?  Key was asking himself as he despaired.

What should I do? It's of a specie I've never seen or heard before, is it because it only lives on Carte? Mayb- Key's flow of thinking was suddenly interrupted... yes, the spider was going toward him.

"S-stayy b-back!!!" - But the spider didn't understand, he was coming closer and closer.

"Y-yyou sto- Key was trembling that much that he couldn't even finish his phrase.

There was only one way out of this...

'Hoti Indra!!!!' he spelled as he mustered the maximum power possible for this spell. A big lightning bolt struck from the sky right on the spider.

I-is... i-is it gone? I... I can't see anything from the smoke and the ash made by the spell.

As the smoke faded away, Key started looking around to make sure the wretched being didn't survive.

"Phew... it's dead. That was so scary...."

But what about the Hoti Indra I just used? It was really big, it couldn't have passed unobserved...  Although it's definely easier for the other survivors to pinpoint my location, it could be the same for the enemies and I'm still not recovered. As long as it is not a superior sura I can defeat them in one-two perfect Hoti Indra strikes... but if it is a Superior Sura I doubt I could defeat it... atleast in this area that is. The biggest problem is that if I decide to leave this spot I must definely go into the forest or towards that sandy zone, this grassland is way too open, I can be spotted easily, but if I go for the forest or the sandy zone I must bear with the pains from my body, beside it won't be as easy as here to discertain if an enemy is approaching or not... such a pain. Well, it's not like this situation could've been avoided... it was a spider after all!

In a few minutes Key came to the conclusion that it would benefit him more to remain into this place so he could regain his strenghts and let the pain go away, being confident in his ability to run away in case a superior sura attacked.  He goes back to sleep hoping he won't have any other encounters with spiders.

*Not even sure how to call them xDD

Edited by popabogdan, 29 December 2014 - 11:02 PM.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

After crashing into the ocean, Piktis takes 60 damage, mostly to his legs.

After a stiffening but surprisingly restful nap, Key awakes.

But immediately, something tells him not to move. Feeling a vibration of some sort, he looks down at his feet.

Resting against his foot is a giant spider!

...No, that's not a spider. It's a... blob? Slime? Peering closely without moving (with some trouble) he thinks he can see some wriggling guts through the translucent blue outer membrane of the small creature.

A... baby sura?

After making sure the creature's attempt to digest his foot was going to be futile, Key looks around. Suddenly panicking, he realizes he's been sleeping within a stone's throw of an oversized dish of wriggling caviar. Were those 20 odd... things... there when he closed his eyes? Does this mean there are other Sura around? What should he do?

Edited by themantarays, 29 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Pyktis Furo

He read through the instructions of the bag. He was sort of lucky to have accidentally pick the floating device, it just needed unfolding now. Bringing it close to his navel he pulled on the string that unfolds it. It took only a short while or the raft to form under him, fitting the whole contour of his body. His legs felt like they had broken or at least slammed with a sledgehammer. It was foolish but he knew he had to conserve his spells and he knew nothing else to do.

He slowly started rowing towards the distant shore. It was but a dim outline on the horizon. He had landed way off from others, he would have to hope that he remains unnoticed till he finds suitable cover. Perhaps using Hoti Ashvin isn't that bad but still he wanted to keep it for later. It's a good thing he wasn't hungry but he also hadn't prepared a Hoti Brahma so it wasn't likely that he could catch fish anyway.

He collapsed on the surface, exhausted. Hoping that the gentle current would take him to shore. Luckily he hadn't spotted any suras yet but maybe they were in water, stalking him. Well, he can only hope that they leave him for more juicier ones among his colleagues. He had hardly much flesh to cover his bones.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler