Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Cataclysmic

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

In the beginning, there was chaos.

The transport was shivering strangely as it struggled between two orbits, as if the husk of the Ananta Rakshasa it was carved from was as afraid of tumbling into the moon below as its pilot was. The thought of a dead Superior Sura being afraid of death made Itzal giggle as he addressed his passengers - fellow elite magicians and fighters from his home planet - the best rescue team Willarv had to offer - his dear friends - for what was probably going to be the final time in his life.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. If you look to your left, you will see our nice, big, round destination." The mostly aqueous planet Carte loomed bright and blue. At this close distance, it was so large it could be mistaken for the sky.

The loud banging outside the cabin stopped momentarily as the people attacking the barricaded door suddenly realized their captain was not, in fact, dead. Yet. Hahaha.

"I-If you look to your right, you will see the giant comet, um... which, ahahaha, I forgot the name of, which it is said orbits this solar system once every one million years, 8 days, two hours, and sixteen seconds. And I'm pretty sure those shadows you can see on it-"

Itzal took his finger off the intercom button just in time to prevent the cabin from hearing his hysterical, desperate laughter. "Um, those shadows you can see, why that would be our other transport ship and several Rakshasa fighting to the death.

"And if you pay, really, re-he-he-heally close attention, you may notice that all of our equipment and all of the supplies and things that were located in, what I think used to be, aha, the spleen? Um, they're all floating away right now.

"It's kind of like the spleen is bleeding. Ahahaha-" hahahahaha oh Gods we're going to die.

Unlike his passengers, Itzal had a third view: The view dead ahead. And that was filled with a swirling mass of purple haze. The fact that the moon was supposed to be a different color was not the most pressing issue on his mind. He didn’t even particularly mind that there weren't supposed to be Rakshasa flying around it earlier. What was causing him the most concern – what had caused this mess in the first place – was the fact that it was also supposed to be about 100,000 miles farther away.

Itzal really, really hoped that he estimated things properly. Not that I have many options right now. He adjusted the snaking ship so that it slowly reformed into a straight line.

“Ahem. Anyway, the point is, in the interests of not getting killed by several different things, you guys should probably follow my explicit instructions.”

Itzal decoupled the “engines” from the tail of the ship. A loud shudder reverberated chillingly.

“First, if you have enough time, run to the back of the passenger decks and grab whatever pre-packed bags are back there; I’d definitely recommend taking a blue one, but as you know there should be 4 types.”

Itzal readied more commands to be simultaneously executed on his command.

“Secondly, it would probably be best if everyone got into groups of 4 or 5. And whatever you do, make sure there’s a Vayu or Kubera magician among you.”

Someone started banging on the door again.

“And last, well I’m not completely sure about this one, since I can’t really get a good view of Carte, and even if I could it appears to be covered by an unnatural amount of weather systems, but if – if – if we’re where I think we are, and I’m sorry if we’re not because my calculations tend to get a little iffy during high stress situations even though it would be really really nice to get a good idea of what I’m doing before I do it–“

Itzal took his hand off the intercom and breathed. The outer layers of the ship decoupled with the inner passageways. Itzal readied his final message.

“But if we are there, then – and I’m talking to you Vayu and Kubera magicians – do try to aim for the island, and not drown.”

The panicked attacks on his barricaded door suddenly resumed with a renewed fury. Itzal giggled as he moved to press the big red button once and for all. My friends will probably die. I will probably die. My wife-

Itzal hesitated. His wife was in there. She was going to give him a picture she drew for their anniversary. It was his idea to spend their anniversary doing this instead of something normal. “Oh, it won’t be dangerous,” he had said. “It’s just lost contact,” he had said. “They probably need their equipment fixed, since they lost so many magicians during the Cataclysm. It’s basically just community service in a cool exotic land,” he had said. Now his wife was in danger because of him. She’d never call him by his pet name “Manta” ever again. She-

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MANTAAAAAAAAAA!!” someone yelled beyond the door.

She’ll be fine.

Itzal pressed the big red button.

Three things happened:

Explosions sent the cockpit spiraling off in a hopeless trajectory towards the moon.

The same explosions slowly rotated the body of the ship, nudging the tail to point directly at the planet.

The rear maintenance doors flew open, ejecting thirty-odd magicians and fighters at a ridiculous speed straight into the cold, swirling upper atmosphere of Carte.

Edited by themantarays, 23 December 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Gilis Anor managed to lay hands on a blue bag before he was ejected into a high orbital drop. He could express his feeling with a single word:

"WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!"

He knew that this trip would be awesome. Sure, Rakshasa had screwed up the beginning, but really, wasn't variety and surprise the spice of life?

"Hoti Surya!" he cried, and for a brief, glorious moment, Gilis saw the entirety to the planet's surface at once. Most of it faded, but his training at Eloth served him well here; he remembered enough to form a rough map of the island he and the rest of the passengers were heading towards at astonishing speeds.

Oh. Right. Other people. Gilis's skull-splitting grin at viewing an alien world transformed into a scowl as he considered his options. Technically, he was both a Vayu and Kubera magician, in that he could cast the spells. Once each. He wasn't a master at Hoti Vayu, and all the time's he'd used it before, he had been standing still. Not falling rapidly through the atmosphere. By the time he could actually see the ground, he would almost certainly be a terminal velocity; he wouldn't put his own safety on the line that he would be able to calculate well enough to get rid of the momentum of their fall during their teleport, let alone someone else's. The best thing to do was to take care of himself, so that the people who could do something could help other people.

Gilis waited until he was seconds away from hitting the ground before undoing the clasp of his awesome cloak and shouting, "Hoti Kubera Hoti Asvins!" He slammed in the the ground, forming a crater with his landing. He pulled himself out, spitting out dirt and wiping the blood out of his eyes. getting his head smashed in was always annoying. He reached out and caught his cloak, gently drifting down after him, and reclasped it once he was satisfied no blood would get on it.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWhere no man has gone before

Well, this is a bit more excitement than I was expecting this early, thought Ritsu Hanatz, adventurer, bounty hunter, and soon-to-be meteor. I like it. He ran to the back of the passenger decks and took a quick look at the bags."Seems like people are mainly taking the blue bags. But I don't think they hold everything we'll need, especially for a situation like this. He grabbed a red bag just as the explosion rocked the ship, launching him towards Carte.

As he rocketed though space, he briefly looked at everyone else falling around him. I know I can manage on my own, but I don't think I can get anyone else with me. He briefly thought about his options, knowing that the ground was getting ever closer. There's Hoti Vayu, but I would have to use it a little too close for comfort... Hoti Kubera by itself probably won't be enough, at the speed I'm going. Remembering something he used to do before he realized he had to make money somehow, he decided.

But first, let's enjoy this a bit. Feeling the air rush past him, he reveled in the adrenaline, the rush of danger. Somehow, bounty hunting had never quite lived up the excitement of his post-university, pre-hunter days. Keeping an eye on the ground, he angled himself parallel with it and spread his limbs far apart. "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Sadly, the moment lasted not nearly long enough.

"Hoti Kubera. Hoti Brahma." he shouted after doing some quick calculations. As he felt strength course through him, he also felt straps encircle his upper arms, thighs, and middle, signifying that at least part of his second spell had worked. Half a second later, he felt himself slow tremendously, as the crude cloth his spell had made, connected to those straps, billowed out and caught the air, increasing his drag and signifying that the entirety of his creation spell had worked. He knew it would be enough to keep him alive, but the question was whether it would be enough to leave him uninjured. Well, that's why I have Hoti Kubera, so I don't shatter upon impact like a meteorite, he laughed as he moved his now-bent arms in front of his face and turned his head.

Moments later, he hit the ground. Standing shakily, he thanked the gods that he was still alive and began to check himself for injuries. That was fun.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

She should have know that something was amiss.

She should have known as soon as Manta showed her that hysterical grin, blocked her line of sight with one of the blue bags and shoved the perplexed woman out of the control room. Before Vanda even got the chance to react, he had already sealed the door.

Other concerned passengers arrived while she tried to somehow break through. I have to reach him!

The shaking of the ship didn't promise anything good to come.

What the hell was going on?

She knew it could be dangerous, but being in that kind of situation even before landing... Something really must have gone awry.

When Manta gave the announcement, her heart sank.

She knew what it meant. He was going to.... -NO! I can't think like that! There still is hope!, she thought, desperately trying to break the seal.

"..even though it would be really really nice to get a good idea of what I’m doing before I do it–“

Vanda continued to attack the door between them. IDIOT! IDIOT! Don't you dare do this!!

“But if we are there, then – and I’m talking to you Vayu and Kubera magicians – do try to aim for the island, and not drown.”

She snapped. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MANTAAAAAAAAAA!!”

The next moment, an explosion shook the ship and she found herself whirling through the cold air.

After a moment of orientation, Vanda saw what he had done. AGRR! WHY! IDIOT! Why... did you leave me alone?

To prevent herself from despairing, Vanda focused on the situation she was in.

She still had the blue bag. The ground was nearing fast. There were other people around her, some still too shocked to do anything, others already in action using spells to slow their descent.

Finding the isle wasn't hard, some already had located it and if you knew what direction, you could see it even from here.

After taking some deep breathes to slow her heartbeat to a normal rate she concentrated even more and murmured "Hoti kubera bhavati kubera."

This immediately slowed her descent. She tried to grab as many other people as possible who seemed to be between a rock and a hard place because of lacking the right spells.

Vanda managed to slow down 3 others with her and thanks to her hoti kubera she didn't suffer any injury upon landing (not so sure about her baggage, she had to let them go...).

Still mentally exhaused, Vanda fell to her knees and let the circling golden light comfort her for a while.

Ahhh... Come on. That guy can't be dead, right? He's like a damn cockroach. No way in hell he's dead, right? .... Right?...

Although she tried to reassure herself, despair still began to dig into her heart.

No. Stop. Don't do that. He wouldn't want you to give up. Yes. I need to survive. I at least need to survive!

...Vanda decided to stay on the ground for a little while longer, not sure if her legs would carry her despite her resolution.

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

" This advanture started a bit earlier than I expected", thought Kairak while running to the back of the plane to grab the bags provided by the expedition corps. A yellow and a blue one were rolling right in his direction so he took them, remembering that the pilot mentioned the blue ones were most important. But there were more pressing problems at hand. Flying was never part of his skills and getting to the ground with his only hoti vayu seemed reckless even by his standards. There were a bunch of sura flying around the ship, and that was only what he could see. No one knew what could have happend at the surface of Carte. Yet he was more optimistic on that part. As a double Varuna magician a planet which consisted mostly of water was an enviroment he was quite fond of.

Suddenly the ship was shaken by explosions and he fell towards the pilot cabine. 'Hoti Kubera' he yelled grabbing on an armrest of a seat and looking around.  What he saw didnt look promising. The hull of the ship began to breach and 2 guys were already sucked out by the airstream. "Anyone can give me a lift down?" he shouted on a small group of  people who were floating towards him with a woman with ponytails in teir middle. As he felt beeing lifted into the air a small rock fell from his heart, at least one proplem less to care about in this messy situation. Soon the descent began and he concentrated on maintaining hs Hoti Kubera since he didnt hve any usages left and a smooth landing was difficult with that many people affected by the flying spell. Nevertheless the landing was better than expected on a small island. He than approached the magician who brought him down "Hey thanks for the lift, I dont want to know where that guy learned how to fly a ship" , looking to brighten the mood, but he stopped as he saw her still on her knees with a void expression on her face.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Key

As Itzal was desperatly announcing the situation and procedures, Key was gazing upon the window, staring intensively at these life forms that were attacking other ships. Looking on the other side he notices the planet Carte and then he's thinking.

This is just.... AWESOME! These things, they are Rakshasa? I never seen one before... I wonder how powerful they are. Also, we have reached Carte, a planet of the sizes of Willarv..... A whole new planet to explore!

As Key was imaginating the amazing adventures he could go through in Carte, a sudden scream gets him back to reality.

"I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MANTAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Well, if he survives this, that is....

When Itzal finishes his speech, Key calmly goes to choose one of the bag.

Hmmm, that desparate guy said that the blue bag is the one he'd recommend, but..... it would be boring to go for the easiest and safest one. Then which one should I choose?

After a few moments he came to a decision and he exlaims "YOLO", as he picks up the yellow bag.

The next thing he knew was that he was rapidly falling down through the air. He calmly thinks about which method to use in order to fall safely. He ascertains that using Bhavati Vayu or Bhavati Kubere would be way too boring of a method, so he decides to use the way of the complicated calculations as you fall down with the speed of a meteor. The next thing he must decide on is how to get rid of the force created by the continous accelerating speed, because by just teleporting he'd get crushed by the force he was under when he was falling and then he realises that they are falling in the direction of an island, so there would obviously be a big amount of water around. As he secured his plan he thought that he could use the other daily usages for Vayu and Kubera in order to help the others.

"Hey, Vayu and Kubera mage here, does anyone need some help??"

Some of the other passengers were either trying to reach one of the other Vayu/Kubera magicians or planning their own safe fall, ignoring Key's offer for help. The rest were too far away from Key. 

Ahhh.... why did I even bother? They would obviously not rely on the youngest on the group. There is still alot of time until we fall, I should check out the zone where the others will fall.

Although Key was usualy travelling alone and was only in for the adventures, he was mature enough to realise this is a mission to aid the people from Carte, so teamwork is a must. At around 128 km from the ground he manages to pinpoint the approximate landing place of the other people and starts searching for a good place for him to teleport. At 100 m altitude he starts spelling 'Hoti Vayu' and suddenly vanishes, reappearing high into the air, in a place were it's sure that he'd fall into the water. He takes the posture of diving and makes a big splash as falls inside it. He carefully spells 'Hoti Vayu' once again, making sure not to take in any amount of water. Key appears in a sunny zone with few trees and a nice landscape.

"That was surely refreshing!"

Didn't swim for quite a long time. If it wasn't for the wet clothes I'd say that was one of the best feelings I had experienced. Now.... I wonder what the others did.

Edited by popabogdan, 27 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Kageshvara Nyvias, "hunter extraordinaire", was staring out the window, at the Rakshasa assaulting the other transport ship. Despite the commotion, he remained where he stood, as if absent in mind. In fact, he was just observing the Rakshasa, which would likely come after them next.

I don't think my arrows can do much to a Rakshasa... Unless I hit them in the eyes?

His unnatural calm withstood the dire events, even as the transport was violently rocked by explosions, even as the maintenance doors opened. He didn't seem particularly bothered by this turn of events. At least, not until a giant backpack crashed into his side, hurling the lightweight out into the atmosphere.

I wish I had wings.

This was the first thought in Kage's head as he fell toward the surface of Planet Carte at high speed. He was a Garuda Quarter, so he had always hoped for a Transcendental that would give him real wings. A wish in vain, as it happened. His inward moment was interrupted, as he heard the screams of those who had no way to save themselves.

They wish they had wings, too.

The shy hunter regained his balance rather easily, as he tended to dive off mountain peaks for fun in his free time, and was no stranger to free-falling. His eyes went to those nearest him, two of them. Looking from them, toward the ground, he realized he was probably the last one forcefully ejected. As a Triple Vayu Magician, his specialty was serving as a shuttle in any circumstance, and it had most times been his role in any group he was a part of.

He called out to the two, "Relax, I can help you..." His voice trailed off into silence, though it wasn't much of a difference from his attempt to speak. He should have known that he couldn't contact them.

As the bag that had hit him, fell past, he quickly took hold of it. Green... I don't like green anymore. Despite this thought, he pulled the bag to his chest and shifted his weight to increase the speed at which he fell. Down toward the two closest to him.

Upon getting close enough to them, he stretched his arms and legs out, slowing his descent just enough to grab both people by the back of their shirts. His Garuda eyes cast downward, and he accurately judged the distance to the aforementioned island to be about 80 km.

Kage took a look at his two passengers, whose confused eyes fell on him. Embarrassment rose, his snow white cheeks starting to turn red despite what seemed to be a dire situation. With a breath, he managed to ignore their attention on him, along with their words, and focused on the shore of the island. "Hoti Vayu."

In the next moment, the feeling of wind rushing past was gone. The hunter's feet touched solid ground -sand- and the bag against his chest fell beneath him. Similarly, the two in his hands fell a short distance into the sand, face first. Picking up the large bag and stepping past them, Kage looked around the island. He saw some of the others who landed relatively safely, along with one who had used a Hoti Brahma parachute, and one crazy boy who had taken a dive.

Despite having likely been the last to fall, he was one of the first to arrive. Looking up, he noticed that some had yet to land. Safely, anyway. He used a single Hoti Vayu, which left him with 53 for the day, and also made it rather easy for him to save others, as it would take one usage to reach them, and another to drop them on the island. Two uses for a life or two, but...

But, what if I need all 53 today? I shouldn't waste it on them... Oh, that's it! I'll catch them with Bhavati Vayu if it really looks bad. As long as I save at least one more, I don't have to feel guilty about letting others die~

This decision was self-approved with a small fist pump motion, before the Quarter focused first on those closest to the surface, preparing to catch them in the embrace of wind should it be necessary.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

"I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MANTAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Someone snapped, Celia thought.

But she had other things to think about, so she decided she'd think about that one later.

She jumped, being a Half she was faster than most. She grabbed two bags at random. A red and a blue one.

Then an explosion made her lose her balance. She fell into the atmosphere.

Damnit.

"Hoti Kubera Bhavati Kubera!"

Someone she couldn't see grabbed her from behind. That slowed her down enough so that they could land "safely".

"Safely" maybe was a bit... exaggerated. But she was unharmed. Good.

The woman who saved her had an odd expression. She looked in turmoil.

That's when she recognized her. The one who had snapped. 

"Thanks you very much", she said.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

For thinking that hitting water at terminal velocity is a good idea, and for not considering the possibility of not being able to enunciate a spell underwater, Key has taken 63 damage and finds himself lost in a vast grassland.

After being taken by surprise, Clean finds himself smashing into the ocean several miles from the shore. He has taken 71 damage.

Gilis Anor's stunt has given him 30 damage, but he instantaneously heals 25 and will heal the rest soon.

For attempting to calculate precisely while falling from outer space and also for being a dick, Kage twists his ankle upon landing for 5 damage.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Some fell in groups, some fell alone. Some fell and died, some fell and survived. Some fell into the sea, some fell into the jungle covering most of the giant island, some fell closer to the central mountains. Most of them were out of sight from each other. Although studying this obscure geological feature of Carte was not a high priority during their preparations, they all knew there were no humans on this island. Their destination, now many thousands of miles away, had been one of the snaking continents that ringed around the Brahma Meridians; this island only existed for topological balance. How were they going to get back to civilization, let alone finish their mission and return to Willarv without a transport?

But first things first. Finding the others. Helping those who were injured. Safety from anything that might inhabit this island. Food, potable water, and possibly shelter. And last but not least, a way to get off this island. Should they stick together, or fan out? Gather on the sandy shores or scour from the rocky peaks? If only they had more information....

Those with green backpacks:

Spoiler

Those with red backpacks:

Spoiler

Those with yellow backpacks:

Spoiler

Those with blue backpacks:

Spoiler

Edited by themantarays, 25 December 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Vanda only fully regained her composure when she heard people talking to her.

Startled, she looked up and saw that it were two of those she landed with. She hadn't paid attention to who exactly she took, but now she recognized Kairak and Celia. She had talked to them on the flight before.

"Uh... uhm..." Vanda replayed in her head what they had just said. "No problem. Where he learned to pilot a ship? Eloth Academy. Never got his license, tho..."

Wait. Why did he ask such a question now?

She shook her head, ignored Kairak's weird expression and pushed herself up to her feet.

The third person she saved was a young man who wore an extremely confused expression. "Wait... why am I here... I just remember getting high and drunk as f*ck... Some guy in green uniform let me sign an application for a fun trip... Thought was a good idea... after loosing my beloved Tilda. TILDA WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?! ... I need more to drink, I think I'm sober... Wait. Where is my alcohol?! I'M DOOMED!"

"..." Vanda decided to ignore him for now. Was he even on the ship? I can't remember his face at all...

After a short discussion with the other two, they decided to look for other survivors.

They had landed near the shore of the island, on sandy ground specked with wisps of beach grass. Further landward, Vanda saw a row of palms and behind those, a spacious tropical forest.

Along the shoreline, sand spread in both directions.

In one direction, they could make out the figures of other people.

As they headed off, none of them paid any heed to the freak asking them for alcohol crawling behind them, crying the name of his ex-girlfriend.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts

Key

After a few moments of thinking, Key decided to start moving. He gets on his feets with a fast movement. Normally it would have been normal to have started moving around to inspect the zone as soon as possible, but in Key's case it wasn't. While he was sitting he didn't realise of the after effects he had after diving in water at very fast speeds.

"Aghhhhhhh..... T.T"

Tch.... didn't think it would actually hurt this much..... though I still believe it was funny. But what should I do now? Should I use my daily Hoti Asvinis? No... even I find it risky. Then should I just use my flying spell to move myself?

Key was checking out his possibilities for a couple of minutes and thought that it would be best to just stay on this spot for now to both recover the strain on his body and to dry his body and clothes under the scorching sun. He even wonders how all these plants grow in this hot enviroment. After about 10 minutes Key gets bored and remembers that he took a bag with him. He takes it and starts inspecting what can he find within. The first thing he finds within is an instructions book, which he starts reading.

I see, so this is a communication device. It's highly unlikely to find someone who would be able to sync it perfectly with this one, so I should go for a prerecorded message. What should I say in it though?

Key reaches the conclusion that he only needs to communicate his location using coordinates. Not even once did it pass through his mind that he must communicate his circumstances or even mention his name, the reason for this being his many sole adventures he gone through. He thought that he definely couldn't count on a compass, because many times in the past they have failed his expectations, but he thinks that it would be a waste to throw it away, so he stores it in his pocket. Because he doesn't use the compass he decides to use one 'Bhavati Kubera' in combination with Hunter's Eyes in order to completely ascertain the surroundings and to determinate his coordinates.

"Bhavati Kubera"

His throbing body flew up in the air. By using his normal human eyes he couldn't see anything beside a vast grassland. But by using his Hunter's Eyes he seen that he's actually on a low level hill surrounded to the right side of Key by an immense forest with trees at least 80m long, while at the left side of Key it was surrounded by what seemed to be(because the image was very blurry and the zone was over 50 km away) a sandy zone. The next thing he done was to check the sun's position in comparation to the approximate time it is in Willarv. He starts making complicate ecuations in order to determinate his geographical positions, starting by inserting the deviation Carte has in comparation with Willarv from the sun, and continuing it by adding the position of the sun. Although one would shudder and back away seeing such an ecuation, Key solved it easily in his mind in just 1 and a half minute. He then lands and starts setting up the communication device with precaution by continuously checking out the guide, because he didn't see this model of device before. After he's done he fastly sends out the message.

Guess I'm done, and I definely don't have anything else to do, guess I'll just take a nap then.

Although one would find his decision to be insane, it actually was the right decision considering Key's experience. Because he's gone for many adventures before, the lack of food and water poses no discomfort and danger for a maximum of 2 days. Also, because he's used to sleep in the wild, he's very sensitive to the movements of living beings, more so because the terrain is windy with few to no tree. After a few minutes Key falls asleep.

Edited by popabogdan, 27 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

He did feel a bit bad, but that wasnt Kairaks reason to turn around and go to the drunkard. He had discovered  some Gandharva traces on the route and with their sharp sura ears that idiot would possibly lead them to the group. 
"Dont worry I ll be right back " he said to Vanda and Celia while turning around.
"Hey"  Kairak called him out" stop crying like a little girl! You signed up for this mission and you will just come back after we finish it or at least find a new ship so get up "
"But I love her .. I .. should never have come here" the guy muttered. Oh shit Kairak thought, time for a different method.His quick cast 'hoti Varuna' summoned some litrers of cold water above the idiots head draining him in the prozess. That always works wonders Kairak thought to himself.
" Now come on, you sure dont want to be left behind on this island. Here take that blue backpack and make yourself at least a bit useful and carry that."
While telling that he opened his other backback, which seemed to be some basic communication device. He had used somthing similar before so he knew about powering them up with Indra spells. Yet he also knew that they worked best if used from a high place like a mountain or at least a hill. But there were none in close sight. Well, Vanda could try to fly while using it or he could at least climb one of those large trees further inland, he thought .With higher hopes of finishing the mission he slowly returned to the main group. He recalled Celia spotting some other survivors so there was probably someone among them who knew where the other guys landed so they had a target fo the communication device.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Having expended a single use of Bhavati Vayu to save one last person, Kage observed them as they sat on the start of the shore. Understandably, the four he had saved seemed to still be at least a bit shaken up. They had at least thanked him for saving their lives, though it embarrassed him quite a bit.

I guess I'll leave them to get over it, and look around a bit. This island is more like a continent, from what I saw while skydiving.

Picking up the green bag that had initiated his fall originally, he placed it on his back. Searching himself for whatever equipment he had left, he realized that he'd twisted his ankle. Also, that he had lost his bow and arrows at some point after the explosion. He still had the knife he usually used to create bows and arrows from wood, however.

Ow...

Putting weight on his sprained left ankle, Kage felt pain. He hated pain.

I need to make a compress.

Removing the backpack and setting it down, he opened it to examine the contents.

Food. Lots of food... I could survive for roughly a month on this. But I'm not hungry now. Emergency signals, purifying agents...powder?

Curiously, he removed the powder from the bag and read the label. "Hoti Indra=Heavenly Soap!" It read.

Useless... Should I give this to someone else? While thinking, he returned the powder to the backpack with a silent sigh. I can't brace my ankle with any of that.

It was then that he noticed. One of the three men was wearing a rather long belt. It was probably for fashion, as it was obvious that it fit well enough for a belt to be unnecessary. Pulling the bag behind him, Kage crawled over nimbly, ignoring the pain in his ankle.

The quick action startled the three who were sitting in a circle, and gave them a small fright.

"W-what's wrong?!" The man with the belt asked in surprise. His answer was the Quarter sticking his left foot out toward him and pointing to his ankle.

"Oh, you hurt your ankle?" Receiving a nod in response, the man looked down at his belt. With a slight smile, he removed it. "My Grammy gave me this belt... But you did save my life and all, so... Just try to take care of it, please?"

Kage tilted his head as he watched the man. It's important to him? But he doesn't mind letting me use it? Hm, okay. I'll take good care of it.

Taking the offered belt, the hunter gave his companion a slightly energetic thumbs up, before removing his sprinting boot and proceeding to wrap the belt about his ankle. He quickly weaved it together, with part of it looping under his heel, and another part looped around the top of his shin. It seemed obvious to the man and the other two, that he had done this before. Not too loose that it would be inefficient, but not too tight that it would cut off circulation and hamper movement too much.

When he was done, Kage got up, jumping up and down a few times. The pain was negligible now, as he bent down and returned the boot to his foot. Noticing the three watching him, he pulled the bag into their view, showing them it's contents.

As the three commented on the food and supplies, Kage turned around. Scanning the area, he saw that the beach stretched for a great distance in both directions. It was then that he noticed a group that he had seen land safely while in orbit. With a glance inland, he took note of the trees which alluded to a tropical forest of some kind. Then he turned to the three who seemed to be discussing rationing the food with any survivors, and hoping that someone else had also taken a green bag.

Poking one in the shoulder, they all returned their attention to him. He proceeded to point off toward the other group on the shore, which seemed to have four in all, and was approaching them. From what his keen eyesight showed him, one of them was a Half.

"Ah, perfect timing!"

"Yeah, we should band together and figure out what to do next."

"If we aren't careful, we'll all die here! I'm too young for this, man! I've got a family and shit too!"

Kage and the other two spared a glance at the one who spoke last. He seemed to be a bit high-strung, now that they took the time to notice.

Why did he come here, if he has a family?

As he lifted the bag again, and made their way over toward the other group -Kage with a slight limp-, they knew they might have to be careful of how they behaved around the high-strung one.

Now that I think about it, this belt is huge. Did he used to be really chubby?

Edited by Sangios, 26 December 2014 - 09:06 PM.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Spoiler

Gilis grimaced, but pushed through the minor, full body pain. He pulled out the instructions, flipped until he found a blank side to a page, and quickly scribbled down the rough map that he'd memorized.

"I guess I should go find everyone else." Gilis mused. He smooth back his hair, a proud smirk on his lips. "Its what I'm best at, after all. Hoti Surya!" Gilis's awareness expanded outward for a brief moment, but it was enough for him to located the rest of the passengers. He marked their locations down on his map, and frowned. That was...concerning. Apparently, everyone had been scattered. With Rakshasa on the prowl, "split up" was not an ideal situation for the magicians to be in. The largest group (Vanda, Kairak, Celia) seemed to be preparing to move, but fortunately they were nearby. Gilis started a quick march in their direction, reading the instructions as he went.

Edited by themantarays, 27 December 2014 - 12:09 PM.
shortening quote

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

The woman answered after a while. Her mind seemed blank, somehow. She had a shocked, void expression.

"Uh... uhm..." "No problem. Where he learned to pilot a ship? Eloth Academy. Never got his license, tho..."

She probably realized it was a rhetoric question... 

From the looks of it, she probably knew the pilot well. No wonder she's in shock.

"Wait... why am I here... I just remember getting high and drunk as f*ck... Some guy in green uniform let me sign an application for a fun trip... Thought was a good idea... after loosing my beloved Tilda. TILDA WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?! ... I need more to drink, I think I'm sober... Wait. Where is my alcohol?! I'M DOOMED!"

The third guy. Annoyed, Celia wanted to just leave him here. But they couldn't do that.

She observed the other two. The first one, her savior, was a woman that looked around twenty-two, twenty-three years old. She had chestnut hair and eyes, so she was most likely (although not certainly) a pureblood. The other guys was a blond, like herself, guy with green eyes. Probably a quarter around forty-four.

Meaning, she was the oldest here, since she was fifty-five. Ironically, she looked the youngest.

They started walking after checking the bags. The red one looked useless, but the blue ones would be useful. Too bad there was nothing to eat in there, though. Not sure where they were walking to, though.

"Don't worry I'll be right back " 

The blond man said, probably off two smack the third guy's ass a bit, since he was still crying, ten meters behind.

"Don't go too far... Hmm, maybe we should do the presentations? My name is Celia, and I'm a fifty-five years old Ananta Half. And you are..? You seemed to know the pilot..."

Edited by Nualie, 27 December 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Tiavanda

Vanda looked at the woman walking next to me. The other two would catch up soon.

Seems like she didn't remember talking to Vanda before. Well. Not that "Food's passable, hm?" "Yeah." was a real conversation.

She had blond hair and snake-like blue eyes.

Gripping the strip of the blue bag hung over her shoulder, Vanda answered: "I'm Tiavanda, but you can call me Vanda. I'm forty-seven, a Yaksha Quarter... Hah... well... that idiot was.. is my husband..."

She managed to stay positive. Suffocating the voice of doubt in her mind, she told herself: He is alive. Somewhere. I have to stay alive so I can meet him again... And beat the shit out of him for pulling a stunt like that.

Even if it was self-delusion, she could keep going with it, so it was fine.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts

Key

Meanwhile Key was still sleeping.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

The woman looked at her for a second. They were still walking steadily. 

"I'm Tiavanda, but you can call me Vanda. I'm forty-seven, a Yaksha Quarter... Hah... well... that idiot was.. is my husband..."

Ah, so she wasn't a pureblood after all.

Wait, what? Husband? Woups. 

Well, I couldn't have guessed. No wonder she looked in shock. She said "is my husband" though... Widow's denial?

"Well... Nice to meet you, Vanda... Hmm... I'm sorry... He'll be fine, hopefully..."

Ahh, I needa find something to say... What's with this nonsense?

"You're a Yaksha Quarter? Well... Brings back memories... Although it's a common type of Quarter... My dad was a Yaksha Quarter too... But when we played arm wrestling, Mom always won and I was second and all..."

What the hell am I even saying... Wait, maybe I shouldn't have said that... What if she calls me a heretic? With a Quarter father, and knowing I'm an Ananta Half... Uhh... This foolish mouth of mine... 

OneLastSpock

OneLastSpock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWhere no man has gone before

Ritsu Hanatz

After finding himself miraculously uninjured, Ritsu thanked the gods, then began to make a mental list of what needed to or should be done. First, I should check what's in the bag I grabbed, see if it has anything useful. Next, I need to join up with the others, especially Gran. Then comes survival and defense. Avoid superior sura, though I hope what we saw on the moon was an anomaly. Find a way off the island and to civilization. And last but definitely not least, have fun on this adventure!

Satisfied with his list, Ritsu proceeded to open the red bag he grabbed before the ship exploded. Hmmm... Why did we bring ash with us? How was that going to be useful? More importantly, how will it be useful? Maybe someone else on the ship will know. Still, disappointing. Ritsu slung the bag back over his shoulders, then moved on to the next item on his list. Meeting up with everyone.

It's a shame I wasn't able to see Gran during my descent. He'd definitely be a big help here. But knowing him, I'm sure he's fine. I think I spotted a few of the others near the beach, thanks to my parachute prolonging my fall, but that's a ways away from here. However, they'd be the easiest to find out of anyone else, since the beach is big. Making his mind up, Ritsu began to head in the general direction of the beach, through the forest. Using skills he learned from his years of hunting, walking quietly yet quickly, with Hoti Chandra at the ready, he walked among the trees.

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Kairak

"...my dad was a Yaksha quarter too.. but when we played arm wresting ,mom always won and I was second and all..." he heard as he was approaching them.

Looks like it' s time to make introductions and tell the pity stories of our lifes. Not that any sane person with enough money on his account would have taken part in this mission. At least those two didnt loose their mind like the other guy. Staying with them would definetly increase the chance of success.

"Hey, I see you're ,making introductions. My name is Kairak, I'm a Kinnara quarter and specialise in Water and Sky magic. Did you open your backpacks yet? In mine was a pretty useful long range communicator. And dontworry too much " ,he added in direction of the quarter , "I'm sure if you got a friend on the plane we will find him. I saw most of the passengers beeing sucked out from the plane so if he is a decent magician he will make it."