Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

anime rant (spoilers!!)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationCHILE, santiago

I don't know if the light novel develops like this too, but with this 10 chapters, you could easily remove the super power part and this story would be the SAME!!, you have tsundere girl, intelectual (not sure if kuudere), childhood friend and even a loli (and she develops feelings too!! and her little friend too, pedo alert here!!), the mc was cool at first but now he's a dense and stereotypical one leaving flag after flag and even with the childhood friend's rant he stayed the same, for crying out loud, that's a development where you mature (not quitting chuni) but at least grow closer to the girl or some shit like that, but nooo, nothing ... and now is starting to advance when is going to end, well hoping for a good closer of the anime, because I see a continuation only in the dreams of the creator.

sorry for my bad english, not native ... and remember, this is just my opinion, if you like this series, please leave your comment why, maybe I could get a change of heart (I really liked it the series at first, but now just watching to see it end).

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall

I liked the series. Sure if the superpower part of the series is removed, it will probably be the same thing as any Harem series. I mean MC keep raising the flag one after another is practically the fundamental part of a Harem genre.

But, I doubt the MC stays in his chuuni state despite receiving one hell of a rant from his childhood friend because of silly admiration to childish delusion ( or whatever chuunibyou actually stands for ). Based on the flasback, during middle school period (just assumption) the MC met Tomoyo (the tsundere of the story) while she's still in chuunibyou. He's normal at that time and even comments negatively to her chuunibyou (in a nihilistic manner on my impression). At one of the flashback, he is shown to stand outside someone's house while raining and just stare at the gloomy sky, indicating he's going through some trauma (I don't know... His parents divorce or being bullied maybe?). For me, his chuunibyou probably a way for him to cope up with his past. I guess this enigmatic past is why I am interested in his character and not just put him in my not-actually-exist-but-maybe-I-should-make-one list of "Pointless Generic Main Characters" without much thoughts.

I am interested in many parts. The saving the day through the power of friendship usually bores me but for this anime I kinda enjoy it especially the final episode where the MC actually uses strategy the win and not just pulling some crab of winning through the power of willpower and pure luck. I enjoyed the romance although it probably won't go anywhere. I enjoyed the comedy and the overall story. I liked the way that how carefree their daily lives despite they're actually in some sort of a war. Maybe in the future we'll see more interesting part when they finally joined the Fairy War for real.

The anime ended with the "classic" open ending. Hopefully, they will make another season to finish the story and not just abandoned just because it's rating is not so good in Japan and sheep. Hahaha, I'm still waiting for the second season of The Legend of The Legendary Heroes and wait for a miracle...

Anyways, that's my opinion. Sorry if my explanation is not clear. My sense of speech has been rusty from years of hollow meaningless conversation.

In case you feel offended by me, please forgive me. I just have a bad sense of humor. Heh...