Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Need help scanlating Pumpkin Scissors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RedSuisei

RedSuisei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

So I managed to get a hold of the raws up to Vol 18. They're already of a decent quality, and most of the kanji have furigana on them so I can do some translating. I tested on chapter 0, which is not yet available here in English (and the available English scans was of a relatively low quality), and while I can do the translating, doing all the other tasks is difficult and time-consuming for one man, so I need some people who can:

-Redraw the raws

-Typeset (preferrably can also do SFX typesetting)

-Proofreader (preferrably can also edit the lines so it flows better; I'm not a native English speaker).

I plan to work on chapter 37 soon, but if no one can help do those tasks, then expect some bad redraws, bunch of untranslated SFX, and stiff grammar, and each release will take a very long time. Maybe 1 month/chapter at best.

Chapter 0 is done, I will upload soon, so you guys can know what to expect. If anyone's interested, please PM me here.

EDIT: I'm currently re-reading the scanlated chapters to refresh my memory on terms and names for consistency, and I find that some of the earlier chapter's translations aren't that good, to the point of some sentences really doesn't make any sense in context, or just missing the point entirely. This is low priority, but if I can gather enough people to lighten the load, I may also work on translating the previous chapters.

Edited by RedSuisei, 04 December 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Innocuous Potato

Innocuous Potato

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I can proofread. I happen to be an english major with a semester of elementary japanese behind me. I'm not a good artist though, so no redrawing for me. I'm willing to try typesetting, but I have no experience. I really love this series, so thanks for picking it up!

RedSuisei

RedSuisei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

@Innocuous Potato: Sent you a PM, thanks!

Deathwatch101

Deathwatch101

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I have a huge interest in pumpkin scissors however im most likely useless i am a brit so i have a different form of english technically if your american but i wish you luck unless you can think of something that someone like me could do.

aidos

aidos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Its been a long time since I edited something, but I can do most of the redraws, I Just dont redraw the SFX because they are a pain in the ass and I can do the typesetting too if you dont mind I can help

meh11

meh11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I'm really glad you guys are doing PS, was wondering since I havent heard anything if you guys are still doing it? I am not trying to rush you guys cause i understand u have a life but was wondering if it is happening, thanks again :)

Wylie

Wylie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

A little late on this, but if you're still doing the project and need a typesetter, let me know and I can help out.

AnimatedPariah

AnimatedPariah

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida, USA

Yeah, if this is still happening, I have photoshop experience I'd like to offer.

Megan140

Megan140

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

If you still need it, I can help. I have experience as a typesetter and can redraw SFX. I can also help with making the text flow better and fix grammar/spelling mistakes.

baking

baking

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

I will help in any way I can! I can clean and redraw stuff, no problem (got Photoshop and a graphics tablet, so quickness is a thing I can do). I can also edit and typeset. Send anything you want done (with a message about what you want done to it) to [email protected] 

I'm totally serious about helping. I've been trying to find someone who could translate it for a freaking year now so I could offer them my services. So, please, let me help you.  -Molly