Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Could this be the Next Big One?

Boku no Hero Academia Naruto Big 3 One Piece Manga

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

GamerTimeUS

GamerTimeUS

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

As we know, the Naruto manga has ended its 15 year run. I think Boku no Hero Academia has the potential to be in with the Big 3. It has great characters (so far), and we don't OP ones. The characters actually have to train to get strong and not just be destined for greatness and power.

I hope this manga doesn't get cancelled.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5BxmPz.jpg

^

|

|

|

Image about gave me the feels.

Attached Files

Gliblord

Gliblord

Potato Sprout

• Fallen Angels
  • 3 posts

I think it's gonna get bigger than Naruto ever was.

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

I can't tell yet, but I damn well hope so. It's been pretty awesome so far and I hope that it gains more popularity and support as time goes on. This also relies on the authors creativity. We are in a point in the story where the MC has his the ground running metaphorically speaking and is trying to catch up with everyone else who has had FAR longer to develop their quirks. The author will need to decide when he has sufficiently caught up with everyone else and just how far he wants him to keep going. Once that happens the plot is up in the air. This is 'My hero academy' meaning that he author has decided it will take place in the academy, what happens when he runs out of reasons for the MC and the other characters to not have graduated? It's got a great base, now we just have to hope he is good at the filling and topping as well.

Edited by Glactic, 09 November 2014 - 08:23 AM.

KuroHorobi

KuroHorobi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Since the series started it has always been within Weekly Shonen Jump Rankings' top 5 and not only that but the first volume sold out in Japan (everywhere I believe), which is a good sign. While the story has a lot of potential to grow and develop over time, along with Hinomaru Zumou. It's to hard to tell if they can overtake the bigger series, which are also popular internationally.

Norah_and_Kelly%27s_Clash.png

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

I hope so. This gave me feels already, and it has something I always wanted to see: Super Heroes in a manga.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

Jamtots

Jamtots

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I hope so. I've been wanting this super hero concept for years.

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

The super hero concept isn't actually new to manga, stuff like magical girls or power rangers are essentially super heroes. In this case though the author is blending the tropes into something that makes more sense. The only other manga I can think of that handles the genre well is probably Onepunch-man but in a completely different and unique fashion. 

I didn't know about it's rankings though, that's awesome to hear! I hope when we get official english translations that it will gain popularity here as well! I will def. buy the first volume when it is released =)

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

The super hero concept isn't actually new to manga, stuff like magical girls or power rangers are essentially super heroes. In this case though the author is blending the tropes into something that makes more sense. The only other manga I can think of that handles the genre well is probably Onepunch-man but in a completely different and unique fashion. 

I didn't know about it's rankings though, that's awesome to hear! I hope when we get official english translations that it will gain popularity here as well! I will def. buy the first volume when it is released =)

The way the author is doing it is kinda new to manga. I thin Zetman is also about heroes, or at least it's what it seems to be about. Also, any news of new releases?

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

I think this manga will continue after they graduated school the first ch said at the end "the story of my journey to become the best of all heros" that means the story gose on for more then three years also on the other superhero manga Toriko and Mob Psycho 100 fall under that.

Cancel

Cancel

Potato Sprout

• Fallen Angels
  • 1 posts

Probably. This manga truly has so much potential.

Although the title is "My hero academia", I think they will eventually go outside. Just fighting in school is not enough  :lol:

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

the true tests never end and one should never stop learning. thougth og a few more manga that fall under superheros Ratman, dreamland, kiriwo terrible, ultraman and spiderman. yes that is a manga but kiriwo terrible might be more super-monster

you can find boku no hero academia raws on mangahead.com gose up to ch 18 (shame I can't read them)

Edited by cjk33, 12 November 2014 - 11:12 AM.

GamerTimeUS

GamerTimeUS

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Although the title is "My hero academia", I think they will eventually go outside. Just fighting in school is not enough  :lol:

Unless hes ends the manga, and starts a sequel one

KuroHorobi

KuroHorobi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Trust me, there will be plenty of outside fighting from Chapter 12 onwards.

Norah_and_Kelly%27s_Clash.png

GamerTimeUS

GamerTimeUS

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

When do you think the translations will be out?

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

the true tests never end and one should never stop learning. thougth og a few more manga that fall under superheros Ratman, dreamland, kiriwo terrible, ultraman and spiderman. yes that is a manga but kiriwo terrible might be more super-monster

you can find boku no hero academia raws on mangahead.com gose up to ch 18 (shame I can't read them)

Aw man, why do we only have 6 chapters? Come on!!!

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

GamerTimeUS

GamerTimeUS

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Aw man, why do we only have 6 chapters? Come on!!!

Chapter 7 is out and it's a cliffhanger

Troommate

Troommate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Not sure if its gunna be the next big one but looks promising.

Just read up to chapter 7 again and im hooked :D.

Cant wait for chapter 8 :D.

klZ9Psp.gif

One of the most bad-ass blocks in anime :D

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

Chapter 7 is out and it's a cliffhanger

MC hero clothes look like they'll be bad.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

I belive it's modeled after ALL MIGHT

just read the new chapter surprised that it's early

Edited by cjk33, 15 November 2014 - 04:32 PM.

GamerTimeUS

GamerTimeUS

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA
Izuku vs Katsuki!!!!