Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Iris Zero author still unwell, but hiatus expected to last shorter

Iris Zero hiatus on hold official site author

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

w-t

w-t

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Not sure if anyone else is following the official site of the author, if not, and you have some basic understanding of japanese, you can head right over to http://usachu.seesaa.net/

To give you a short TL;DR non-moon version, In April 2014 the author posted about their health not recovering as hoped, and that after the short story (33.5) which we saw in the May issue of Comic Alive, they will reluctantly have to put the manga back on hiatus. The author said that while the outlook is better than last time and he wasn't told to 'get 18 months of rest or somesuch', we should still expect a few months before we see any new chapters.

Since then, we saw the 'abriged' electronic version release of the 6 volumes so far. Also, in June 2014, there was another post, with Pro Shiki writing how he's making a grumbly 'umumu~~' face at his health not improving as much as he thought, and how there will be a drama CD released - talk about late, it hit the market with volume 6.

I guess we need to wait patiently and hope.

Lubo

Lubo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am looking forward to new chapters!

Einishi

Einishi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thx for the news, i'll be waiting for the next chapters and i hope the author gets well...

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Thank you for news w-t. This is sad that author of my favorite manga has health problem... After all i'm looking for next chapters...

EnvyingWrath

EnvyingWrath

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEarth

i was searching google to find out what happened, should have came here first, Thx for the info

ikikinoko

ikikinoko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPalembang, Indonesia

I don't believe that reason of "very long" delayed release would be like this! keeping in faith to author will be well and will release new chapter asap.

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

what the health

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

what the health

They really work these mangakas to the bone don't they. See you in 5 months.

Nanaseru

Nanaseru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Any news on the author health?

Edited by Nanaseru, 17 November 2015 - 12:56 AM.

Warilized

Warilized

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWonderland

It's been a year...

does anyone knows the news about the author?

Cormelozi

Cormelozi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

So, any news from the author ?

T00dl3s

T00dl3s

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The last Post from the authors Website is from 2014. So I guess there arenĀ“t any new News about this.

Christopher

Christopher

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
At this point, I don't think we'll ever see this continued again.

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

I looked at Iris Zero once, then I contracted pink eye for 2 years and forgot everything.

w-t

w-t

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Sorry for taking long to revisit, now that I did, I managed to miss re-serialization post on their blog.

To give you a run-down of the news, in June 2016 the blog was updated. The TL;DR is, the author's health has been gradually improving, their illness in slow remission. The post also said that the author has actually been using the days when they felt particularly well to prepare for re-serialization - under the watchful gaze of their cats - and that they are aiming for the September issue of Comic Alive with manga restart. Then, in July, this was confirmed.

Now, with new chapters up, this has been confirmed.

On a private note, good job buying the manga - this is the first time since Kannagi that I see a manga not only restart, but actually get their publishing spot right back. If you haven't yet, gogo, show your support now!

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

Long live Iris Zero and the mangaka.