Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] One Last God: Kubera ROLEPLAY Discussion

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Yeah, the whole "immortal but weak, strong but mortal" dynamic fits pretty perfectly.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Yeah, the whole "immortal but weak, strong but mortal" dynamic fits pretty perfectly.

Nuance: immortal but weaker than natsika. Seriously. No human would stand alone against a god (Well, what for really?), so you have to add the "er".

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Yeah, but then we'd have to put in the nuance strong but mortaler. Just because Nastika can die doesn't mean that anything short of an army of Gods or another Nastika will do anything but create more paperwork for Yama.

Edited by Ichypa, 23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Yeah, but then we'd have to put in the nuance strong but mortaler. Just because Nastika can die doesn't mean that anything short of an army of Gods or another Nastika will do anything but create more paperwork for Yama.

What can I reply to this? 

Well, they're immortal as in they don't age. 

I liked Shess formulation. "At least we don't die from living."

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

How does that matter... I mean we aren't gonna play nastika or astika or other gods or sura anyway?

And well. I think webtoon standards in resurrection/healing have priority over the guidelines here?

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

How does that matter... I mean we aren't gonna play nastika or astika or other gods or sura anyway?

And well. I think webtoon standards in resurrection/healing have priority over the guidelines here?

Yup, I agree. And anyway, only halfs can regenerate, right?

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

We do have Hoti Asvins, though.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well. Hoti asvins has limits too.

The target has to be alive and the injury/destruction has to have been happened withing a 24 hour time limit.

And seems like calculating it is hard too.

plus it costs vigor like all spells.

(Ran failed miserably xD)

So it fulfills the guideline anyway.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Well. Hoti asvins has limits too.

The target has to be alive and the injury/destruction has to have been happened withing a 24 hour time limit.

And seems like calculating it is hard too.

plus it costs vigor like all spells.

(Ran failed miserably xD)

So it fulfills the guideline anyway.

Yeah... How do you know it's 24 hours, by the way?

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany
Hm. I either read it on the blog
Or it was stated when Ran rushed into the checkpoint crying about how his injury would leave a scar if not treated in the time limit..
I definitely know that there is a time limit.
Because gandharva's healing transcendental had in its description that inlike hoti asvins, it hasn't a time limit because it doesnt manipulate time but instead speeds up regeneration of the living target.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Hm. I either read it on the blog
Or it was stated when Ran rushed into the checkpoint crying about how his injury would leave a scar if not treated in the time limit..
I definitely know that there is a time limit.
Because gandharva's healing transcendental had in its description that inlike hoti asvins, it hasn't a time limit because it doesnt manipulate time but instead speeds up regeneration of the living target.

I knew that. I was wondering why 24 hours. I mean... It seems rather long. Was Airi injured since a whole day then? She said the limit was almost reached... And she already used all of her Hoti Asvins. 

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
I am in.

tumblr_namydvOZ551sc66cvo1_500.gif

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I am in.

Welcome!

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

XD Yeah.

But we could start by choosing our characters... Hmm... Do we post character sheets here, once we have defined what we put on them?

Ichypa volunteered to da a sheet. But no one stops you from already thinking up a character :3

There is a section that, once characters are completed and accepted by the Game Master, they can be posted. In the INFO Forum the Game Master can create a thread designed for players to post their sheets for quick reviews, archiving, etc.

Once I get my damn book I can start making it. What I was told was to email the guy and he would send me what I needed, and that we would get together on Friday for collective character creation. But apparently what he meant was that we were going to meet on Friday to make characters and then we would receive the books. And then I have to make sure I don't drown beneath my endless essays and midterms.

So take your time thinking of your character details is what I'm saying. And map out the setting. I'll be damned if I make this sheet only for us to end up wandering around confused.

Heh, just read through the RP section rules. The Kuberaverse as a whole just violates the regeneration rules so horribly. XD

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The invincibility rule isn't violated though... Most surprisingly, with gods and stuffs.

Because of the fact that this particular RP is based directly off a comic here on Batoto, allowances will be made for regeneration factors for the halfs, etc. Just keep it fair for everyone, please.

The Resident Neko

~Maia

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

There is a section that, once characters are completed and accepted by the Game Master, they can be posted. In the INFO Forum the Game Master can create a thread designed for players to post their sheets for quick reviews, archiving, etc.

Because of the fact that this particular RP is based directly off a comic here on Batoto, allowances will be made for regeneration factors for the halfs, etc. Just keep it fair for everyone, please.

The Resident Neko

~Maia

Okay. We will. Half's regeneration skills can sound cheated, but we can just say it consumes vigor like Hoti Asvins. They can't use magic, so it counterbalances a bit.

And I guess halfs can just play tanks during a fight, haha.

edit: We could put "life points", as in life force, too. And game over when you've used them all.

Okay, maybe not a good idea. But still, it needed to be mentioned.

Edited by Nualie, 25 October 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
I didn't understand one bit of the topic at hand but it sure sounds really interesting especially since I did a paper on Indian Mythology.

I call dibs on Ravana if he exists in this universe. XP by the way, welcime you all to the RP section. Have fun

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I didn't understand one bit of the topic at hand but it sure sounds really interesting especially since I did a paper on Indian Mythology.

I call dibs on Ravana if he exists in this universe. XP by the way, welcime you all to the RP section. Have fun

He exists, but he's a bitch.

Well, Natsika like him can change genders, so... 

But you can be his son/daughter, I guess. 

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
What abiut Shiva/Kali? Do they exist?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

What abiut Shiva/Kali? Do they exist?

They do, but Kali tried to kill Shiva quite a while back; Shiva's gone in the comic, but he'll still be here in the rp since it's prior to the story. Kali's gone since about 500 years, though. Visnu is the same as Shiva, Brahma is still here. These four are considered "Primeval Gods" in the comic, which means even if they lose their bodies they will survive the end of the universe.

There are other divinities, "Atsikas" or more commonly, the "Gods" as the humans call them, weaker that Natsikas but revive endlessly, and the "Natsikas", who are much stronger than gods but only live once, and don't have an afterlife. Atsikas divide in two types: Created and natural. Natural gods and Natsika were born at the start of the universe.

The kids of Natsikas are called Rakshasa, and can't talk, the kids of  Rakshasa are called Upani and the kids of Upani are called Mara. Altogether the Natsikas and their families are called Sura, and divided into 8 clans, who each have a type of animal and an "element" attributed. Sura don't age. Mating between clans is considered impossible.

Sura have a "sura form", basically a beast form. Natsika can change genders, looks and age freely in human form. Their descendants talk by telepathy and grow in 5 stages. 1st=look about 3/5 yrs old, 2nd= 8/12 yrs old 3rd is puberty, 4th late teens and 5th is young adult. Rakshasa are born in human form, and can switch between the two forms freely. Upanis have human form past 3rd stage, and Maras only have a sura form.

Atsikas and Natsikas are at war, though God Agni is more or less friends with Natsika Gandharva. Primeval Gods are (supposed) to be neutral, but Kali created the 8th clan herself.

Oh, and there's also the poor humans caught in between. They worship Gods, and most (but not all) hate sura, because they eat humans when they're low on vigor (the equivalent of mana). And since apart from 5th stage Rakshasas and Natsikas, they all need to eat to recover it...

Human's magic is actually borrowing the powers of gods.

My explication is messy... Just check the wiki, okay?

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

i´m in if its not too late. My last roleplay is a while ago though.