Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Animes vs Manga? (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

So I recently re-watched the anime for this manga. And being one of those guys who has managed to read the manga quite far in.. I wonder.. Where did the manga go wrong? The story of the Anime was concise and followed a trend of Kenichi getting embroiled in large fight and him constantly training and improving, and seeing him get past his fears and stuff was great. The masters seemed almost invincible and it was good that way. It added to the series when the teachers of the main character were out of this world strong (And at the end of the anime series you could say that the fight between Ryuuto and Kenichi was also at a monstrous level.)

This might be entirely subjective, but in my honest opinion the manga has lost its way. The focus isn´t on Kenichi and the Crew.. It isn´t about them training and improving and to make things worse the power level things are also mixed up to all hell. In the end of the anime Kenichi´s power level at a extremely high level, though still an extremely far way away from the Masters. He could destroy brick walls, bend steel and shit. So 300 chapters later nothing hasn´t really changed.. He beat the Yomi dude who loved Miu.. The Ryuusui Seikuuken thing is still something that he doesn´t seem to use every fight. The master power levels constantly change, and you don´t have a solid view on the strengths of the masters. Sometimes they can handle themselves and sometimes they can´t, while the threat itself seems about the same on both cases.. And "Plot power" has reached a whole new height.. You just can´t take anything you see seriously because it lost its base that was "semi-real world with a side that you have never known of" now it´s just pure fantasy.. And don´t get me started with a unknown dude who´s at the same level or even stronger than Elder showing up from nowhere.. He was also Japanese and there´s NO fathomable way that they didn´t fight in the past because Elder himself was a legendary martial artists who never lost in his life. He was built to be someone who was even above the other Masters in ryozanpaku and him being related to Miu was a huge thing that added to the series. Now a random dude came who can destroy whole forests in seconds and he wasn´t even the main guy in Yami or whatever. 

Although I do have to say that the amount of ecchi content is way over the top in the manga.. The anime had a fair bit of it (A lot of it I´d say cause the design of the female characters, clothing and camera shots were all there to put pressure on the part of "Cute" or "Sexy" or "Hot".).. But the manga reached a new height by making multiple scenes so that the characters are either COMPLETELY NAKED or they have that small slit of cloth somehow keeping their vagina from showing up.

So to summarize.. I do understand that mangas need to move on and that you can´t have the same kind of design throughout the whole 450 chapter manga. Things need to progress and change. But to me it feels like the way this manga goes is a standard shounen manga with horrible fighting scenes (The detail in the fight scenes were FAR lower in the recent chapters)..The author being unable to think up likable and interesting characters.. He just feels the need to throw in a attention whore western wrestling girl, the cute loli kid who was raised to be emotionless, etc. This manga has been turning more and more into naruto shippuuden with lot of ecchi. The war, the boring characers, power levels going all over the place (And this is even worse because the strength of the characters has always been illogical, who ever the author wants to block, will block. No matter the characters actual strength.)

What do you feel like? Do you enjoy the recent chapters? Or do you like to good olden days which ended with the anime? Or did you enjoy it after the Arena thing (Which I thought was alright, but far less than anything that the anime had.)

Edited by geenius3ab, 21 October 2014 - 12:55 AM.