Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Seven is Magical

• Please log in to reply
2812 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
2056 Then u be the spark that ignites the flame :)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

yeah, that's so epic! i will catalyze happiness!

...and other things i will never do

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hugs have much better catalytic efficiency for happiness conversion than smiles do. uwu

At least in my ad-hoc tests.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2059 tragedy of social creatures

cant stand loneliness

cant bear losing freedom

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Having people around and having freedom aren't necessarily mutually exclusive...

I mean, I say that even though I'm someone who has mostly avoided pursuing romantic relationships because it seems too bothersome; it's not like I don't understand what you're talking about, I think.

But hugs at least can be acquired without romance, if you know the right people dear god now it sounds like I'm talking about shady underground hug-dealers XD

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

illuminati hugs

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

2059 tragedy of social creatures

cant stand loneliness

cant bear losing freedom

cant bear not working

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2062 das good conditioning for work class slaves

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Objectively, we shouldn't find bears as cute as we do, should we? They're not tiny at all. On the other hand, they are very round and fluffy.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2064 furries are a thing

except mainstream murica mocks furries for some reason

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Mayhaps because the furry community tends to oversexualize the objects of their affection?

...I'm actually kind of mad at the furry community as a whole for making it so that people think that a wide range of anthroporphized animals are a kink thing. I'm not mad at any furry-lover in particular, to be clear, just the damage that the collective group has wrought as a whole.

On the bright side, I remember somehow furries ended up getting a small panel somewhere in a set of displays on sexual identity at some point back at my alma mater, containing the precious gem, "Furries are not a fetish. Furries are a genuine sexual preference." The best part is that given the character of my school, it's entirely possible everyone involved was taking this perfectly seriously (though it's equally possible that many people involved were stoned out of their mind, lest I give the wrong impression).

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

eh, to each their own

i mean, rationally speaking hairless monkeys are not really great looking but somehow my DNA tells me otherwise

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh, I agree, objectively humans have to be one of the ugliest mammals out there. All the other hairless pink-skinned mammals I know of are hideous (the naked mole rat, the hairless rat and cat... ._.; )

But we've convinced dogs that we look okay too so that's something.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2069 are humans really worth another animals affection tho?

dogs are lucky they bet on the human bandwagon

the hundreds of species that are going extinct each day are not so lucky

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 28 March 2019 - 12:10 AM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
What does it mean to be worth affection?

Amongst humans, at least, there's pretty much a shared assumption that everyone starts off deserving at least a little bit of affection, from one's parents if nothing else.

Opinions then diverge on whether, later in life, affection is something we should share as much as possible, or something we should only give to some small group of appropriate people who've earned it. But it's at least different from hatred or admiration, which we presume must be always be earned before they are deserved.

For humans, saying that someone doesn't deserve to be loved (by anyone at all, that is) is one of the most damning proclamations we can make. Worse than saying someone is completely useless, I think most people would agree. Which is really quite interesting if you think about it.

By that standard, I think humans as a whole haven't f****d up nearly enough yet to be totally unworthy of affection.

Then again, humans mostly only apply these standards towards other humans (and creatures or things that we anthropomorphize as human-ish), so your original question remains unanswered in its implicit original context (yet even harder to answer).

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

What does it mean to be worth affection?

working hard without complaining is pretty attractive to me

to be worthy of other people's affection you have to like yourself first, which you can only when you fulfill your expectations from yourself, or at least constantly be working hard enough that you always feel at about chapter 300/700 of some shounen manga, 'pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything'

sorry if it isnt making much sense, good night~

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
oxo;

I currently feel much more like the protagonist on about ch. 1 of a seinen or josei manga, having had life go somewhat off-track in subtle ways and currently milling about aimlessly with floundering motivation, while feebly running up against the same old walls without really knowing whether I should be trying to scale them or turning around and looking for a different path.

I don't think my life is shounen-genre anymore ;-; It totally used to be...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

maybe i will feel less ill if i believe i am actually fine

why is this happening again

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Usually if I "convince" myself that I'm fine, then I'll feel better-ish until some unpredictable later moment (possibly minutes later, possibly hours later or even in the middle of the night) when suddenly the exhaustion will hit all at once.

*hugs* I hope you feel better again soon, dear.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

the real damage is not the body but the brain

the experience is so damaging it changes your personality

kinda like combat training or boot camp

it takes a lot of years to undo the ptsd