Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Seven is Magical

• Please log in to reply
2812 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
2036 no that was resurrection
I need a resurrection tbh

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I don't know how mich I can help there. :/ I used to know CPR...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

is this a situation like that new manga where a succubus does vanilla things with a salaryman and then both of them feel better after being overworked?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

It's always good when people can find something wholesome to do. uwu

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2040 the year i'm going to retire

hopefully

maybe

ARGH WHAT DAFUQ IS MEANING OF LAIFU ANYWAY

think i'm going to have a nervous brekdown

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

to leave a lasting mark on humanity...in the form of some forgettable digital record

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Only history will show whether digital or physical records are more ephemeral.

Like, in theory any digital record is more or less perfectly preservable so long as it is passed on from medium to medium. By comparison, stone tablets erode at a more or less constant rate, but are less fragile in an immediate sense. Sheepskin is pretty durable even if the ink isn't always; most papers up until some time in the previous century were actually pretty durable but still paper, stuff from the latter half of the 20th century goes brown and crumbles much faster because of the chemicals used.

So the question then is, 2000 years from now, will we have better primary historical records of the 19th century? The 20th century? The 21st? Which of these uses the mediums that are going to deteriorate fastest, de-facto?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I posted a few things.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Alita was awesome

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2045 Looking at the posts I've made back five up, I've taken sometime to think about my emotional state. Neuroticism is one of the big five, and I've inherited both my parents negative emotional states: my mother's quick to anger and my dad's ability to hold to a grudge.  And it's hard coded into my DNA so unlikely to change. On the positive note, neuroticism tends to wane as I age (and creativity, too, I think). There's no way getting around it, so I guess I'll just have to learn the various coping strategies like meditation, cardio, yoga, grateful journals, etc. 

In another news, there's apparently a film and creativity festival going on with cinequest. There are some interesting films out there.

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 03 March 2019 - 07:16 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
2046 a shelter among the clouds looks interesting
Eating on imdb is 9.0 which is Godfather level
Too bad at in Redwood City which is kinda far

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hm. Possibly too much in the way of religion and family-not-getting-along for my tastes. I'm not clear from the description whether it's a more uplifting or more contemplative piece.

Redwood city for me is just slightly too far to be "close by" but still far too close to be far away. (Is "far too close" one of those phrases that might confuse a non-English speaker?)

As for neuroticism (as defined in big-5, anyway), I don't know what to think myself. If I think about how I would have ranked as a child—I'd have been much lower on the neuroticism scale but also much less agreeable; it's caring about what others think (as a child, I most certainly did not) that's changed in either case, I think. So for me I suppose the tendency seems less inevitable, though it's also true that, for instance, I think all of my immediate family battles with depression sometimes (I might even be the least in this regard, or maybe not, I'm not sure, only one of my sisters talks about.such things directly).

I'm starting to think that the people I'm around throughout the day affect my medium/long-term tendencies in this regard more than I've previously given credit for, but it's just a hypothesis at this point. Also, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get control over who I'm around when I'm an introvert and half the day is spent at work anyway. Hmmn...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

ohh yeah i read so much manga to fix myself that i now think of an ideal family as a warm 4 koma instead of real people, which i think has led to me being happier on the whole

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

My actual family is pretty warm and fluffy—though not always perfectly functional and it has its issues, my family is my first and final refuge of real-world hugginess. I quite lucked out in that regard (Well—that said, I'm not sure to what extent it's not my own fault that that's the case—but still).

But I'm quite familiar with realising that some manga has raised my expectations for interpersonal relationships of one form or another. I haven't yet figured out whether that's a good or a bad thing, but it's definitely a thing...

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2050 i read tower of god and my expectations for interpersonal relationships have gone down from the various backstabbings... i haven't figure out it's a good thing or bad thing 

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

it's a good thing

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Tower of God is weird in that you can trust everyone who seems kinda untrustworthy at first (like the blue-haired guy or the alligator) with your life, and it's the soft cinnamon rolls who occasionally betray you out of left field.

Well, I say that, I only got through one or two backstabbings. I haven't read any of it in a long time (though I was quite fond of it).

I seriously <3 Rak/Rath/Alligator-man, though. If I ever start calling all of you turtles you'll now know who I'm channelling ^^

Lowering your expectations just means you'll be pleasantly surprised, right? It's only a problem if it gets so bad that you start being too pre-emptively defensive, or your perception of reality gets warped.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

so this is probably bad because I do think the absolute worst of people until proven otherwise 

it wasn't always like this though

probably all the competitiveness which never seems to end

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2054 yes, and once life stablizes (as you get into middle age) you'll experience a U turn 

you'll find yourself getting happier and happier

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

ohh that sounds so nice...except nobody seems to smile around here anyway