Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Remote upload with MEGA?

- - - - - mega remote upload chapters suggestion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

IsGalis

IsGalis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Hello! You see, yesterday I tried the remote upload with a Mediafire link and it worked perfectly, but later when I tried it with a link from MEGA, an error occurred. I had to upload directly from a file in my computer, which is kind of annoying for me because I live in the country with the second worst internet speed in the latin american continent.

I think it's because the link has to end in "file.zip/rar" and since MEGA doesn't link you directly to the file, it can't be done but...

I was wondering if it's possible to enable remote upload with links from MEGA?

I don't know anything about these kinds of things, but I thought it would be nice if it was doable :)

[ My anime and manga updates ]

animelist-signature_02.gifIsGalis.pnganimelist-signature_04.gif

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

I think MEGA's method of downloading is quite different. So basically I believe it requires more customization than allowing remote upload from Mediafire.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

It is actually literally impossible.

The last time I checked, Mega used JavaScript to download the file into your browser's internal storage, then a function to move it from there to the disk itself (which is why when you're downloading a large file on Firefox, it warns you that the site wants to "store more than 20MB of data in your browser" or whatever. This could have changed since then (about a year ago), but I'm not certain.

Unless Batoto can simulate a browser, it can't happen.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
There is a node.js module in npm ("mega"), but... We don't use it. So unless it's really necessary or some php implementation pops up it's not going to be implemented.