Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

This series really is clever.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
I really like this manga... it's so interesting how I think the author uses sometiems uses the same techniques that his characters discover and get excited about. I could even see the main characters begin writing "bakuman" themselves at the very end.

Posted Image

Cloudspawn, you're the coolest:

Spoiler

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Sweden
Yeah, I've been thinking since the first time I checked out this manga and read the description that it will be them writing a manga called "Bakuman" themselves. Although while it's still possible, I don't think they will. 'Cuz not only would that be a clear message to the readers that the story is reaching the end, but it would be a climax before the climax is supposed to happen. I'm still taking newbie classes in japanese so I don't rly know if Bakuman is some cultural reference or if it means something special, or if it's just a title and nothing else. But this manga has taught me a lot of how a manga is made. While this manga is the very best of the comedy/school/slice of life mangas I've read, I'd still like to see a little more of Azuki. Kinda makes Mashiro seem lonely all the time just because Azuki doesn't appear that often.

SideNote: Though I'm still taking newbie classes I still know quite a lot of standard phrases and words and things like that. After all, I've been a true geek for a few years now and I've read more anime and manga than I can keep track of. xD Translator's Notes are golden <3

jamie_1318

jamie_1318

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada Ontario
I noticed that the author was using the same techniques as the manga characters. I really laughed out Loud when I noticed that during the arc where they were drawing in the panty shots!

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
@RhythmiC: Ha, I can only see them writing Bakuman in the final chapter, as the actual climax. I'd be interested to know if it does mean something, or is just catchy. I do agree that we need more Azuki. Her life working up to be a voice actress can't be that easy.

@jamie_1318: Yeah, that was pretty funny!

Anyone else see the similarities between their new one shot and Death Note (also by the same mangaka)? The ideas behind the bad guy protagonist is just like it...

Posted Image

Spoiler

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
#4 Bakuman in the last chapter? U think so? :S Cuz if they ever were to write bakuman I'd hate it if I didn't get to know how it went with popularity and things like that. Would be awesome if it got a perfect 1000/1000 votes, right? xD

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
No way, giving us numbers on how it does will ruin it! Like a sucky epilogue. Last chapter, end of story. We already know how it does because we're reading it now, and like it ;)

Posted Image

Spoiler

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

No way, giving us numbers on how it does will ruin it! Like a sucky epilogue. Last chapter, end of story. We already know how it does because we're reading it now, and like it ;)

Haha, when you put it like that I agree. ^^ But if Bakuman truly ends up being a story they write then there would be so many uncertainties. For example if they haven't got an anime by that time which in turn means Mashiro and Azuki aren't married, and they would end the manga with the chapter saying that it's being published or something, then you would never see Mashiro and Azuki get married! I'd hate that! Ever since I read the first chapter I've been wanting to see them end up together and how they would live. But I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic... :)

Edit: If they get married before bakuman is even thought of by takagi, then it would get kinda boring I suppose.. :x It has been so exciting seeing how their stories pan out in popularity and things like that because there has always been a thought saying "Will this story be made into an anime? Will it?! I hope it will!" each time. I normally like having a grip on reality thinking everything is just fictional, but this manga is the only one where I pure-heartedly follow through their lives just as if it is happening to my friends. I probably seem sappy, but I just think this manga is that awesome! Oh and there's nothing indicating that if Mashiro and Takagi ever make a manga called Bakuman, that it will be about their own life. Could even be a battle manga, who knows... ^^

Edited by RhythmiC, 25 October 2011 - 08:29 PM.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
Bakuman is a great work indeed. I never thought of beinng attached and interested with this kind of story. With bakuman I learned a lot of things with how that industry works and how hard it is for mangaka to present their works. I salute them! :3 With bakuman I even got inspired and think of making a manga but that'll be a wistful dream for me since I really have no talent in that field.

I also think it's great for the ending that ashirogi muto will make a manga entitled bakuman. I wonder what will the content might be.

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

Bakuman is a great work indeed. I never thought of beinng attached and interested with this kind of story. With bakuman I learned a lot of things with how that industry works and how hard it is for mangaka to present their works. I salute them! :3 With bakuman I even got inspired and think of making a manga but that'll be a wistful dream for me since I really have no talent in that field.

I also think it's great for the ending that ashirogi muto will make a manga entitled bakuman. I wonder what will the content might be.

Eeeh ur grammar is a little odd, but based on what you wrote I'm gonna assume that you think that they're actually going to make their own manga called 'bakuman'. And I just wanna clear the misunderstanding, because if they make such a manga or not hasn't been decided yet. It could go either way, only the author knows. So IF the ending should arrive for this wonderful story, don't be too surprised if they never made such a manga.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Eeeh ur grammar is a little odd, but based on what you wrote I'm gonna assume that you think that they're actually going to make their own manga called 'bakuman'. And I just wanna clear the misunderstanding, because if they make such a manga or not hasn't been decided yet. It could go either way, only the author knows. So IF the ending should arrive for this wonderful story, don't be too surprised if they never made such a manga.

I just said that it would be nice to see in the ending if they will make a manga "bakuman". But i'm not really talking about that it will happen. I'm just thinking of my own ending for this manga. Sorry for my bad grammar, it's not really my language.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Ending with writing the story of Bakuman is very unlikely.
1. Bakuman as a manga itself actually seems less interesting to what Ashirogi Muto can actually write, such as Reversi
2. Ashirogi Muto is starting to write manga that's more and more mainstream
3. Remember Aoki Ko actually wrote a romance in jump that's "exactly" like Mashiro and Takagi's story? They can't use the same storyline or else it'd be considered plagiarism
4. Personally I don't think either of them would want to write a story about their lives. Mashiro (who's very sensitive and would want to keep it private) and Takagi (who has different ideals of what Romance should be)

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

1. Bakuman as a manga itself actually seems less interesting to what Ashirogi Muto can actually write, such as Reversi
3. Remember Aoki Ko actually wrote a romance in jump that's "exactly" like Mashiro and Takagi's story? They can't use the same storyline or else it'd be considered plagiarism
4. Personally I don't think either of them would want to write a story about their lives. Mashiro (who's very sensitive and would want to keep it private) and Takagi (who has different ideals of what Romance should be)

well yeah, matbe other mangaka will get inspired and write the life of the two? (lol.. I'm thinking a rather out of the world ideas.)
Anyways, bakuman is a really great manga. So for now, I'll sit back and enjoy reading it (as well as enjoy my day dream about my own made ending for it)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm actually when the manga started I came up with the same idea, until later I stopped believing so for the reasons I said above
and yea Bakuman "is" amazing, it was a pretty good introduction to learning about the manga industry too
I got a bit used to it after the making PCP arc and that's when it started getting less interesting for me but it still has my attention ad I want to know how things will turn out =]

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
most especially what will happen to mashiro and miho's love story. I'm really eager to know about it~ (fangirling mode)

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I think we are slowly reaching the end of this series, because they came ahead of Eiji, also they did what they couldn´t do at the begining, writing a mainstream manga.
I really dont think that this manga will ever focus on Azuki because it doesn´t really interest the reader. I mean we all want them to be together but if the storry suddenly focused on Azuki for 3-4 chapters I am sure that for that time the rating will drop.

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

already wrote that even if they make a manga called Bakuman, it does in no way mean that it will be about themselves. It could be the best mainsteam battle manga they ever write, nobody knows.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

already wrote that even if they make a manga called Bakuman, it does in no way mean that it will be about themselves. It could be the best mainsteam battle manga they ever write, nobody knows.

.....it would be helpful if you could be clear on what you mean

genz

genz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
In the latest chapter (156) I thought the artist made Mashiro look freakishly like Niizuma at the beginning. Anyone else think that?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well I mean he is a pro now and he surpassed Elji at least once..

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

I really dont think that this manga will ever focus on Azuki because it doesn´t really interest the reader. I mean we all want them to be together but if the storry suddenly focused on Azuki for 3-4 chapters I am sure that for that time the rating will drop.

Focus isn't the right term I guess? But keeping the love story of the two hanging isn't also too good.