Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Suggest me some manga?

Best Answer Shrimpeh, 14 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

Here are some with smart MCs, altough not really romcom:

Iris Zero - Really good imo, however rarely gets an update. Also Romance.

Brynhildr in the Darkness - i only watched the anime, but it's in my to-read-list. also Harem.

Real Account - The MC may not be a super smart guy as you want, but i think you will like it :)

Assassination Classroom - Comedy, with The MCs being little smart. I only read until chapter 35 or something tough.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

Hi.

I don't really have that much manga to read nowadays. I used to read completed series, so yeah, once I've finished them, there'd be nothing else to read.

So, if you guys have read a lot of manga before, I'd really appreciate it if you guys would suggest me some.

Anyway, I prefer manga with smart MC. I don't mind if the MC has any other strange attributes (such as being lazy, pervert, otaku, or whatever), as long as the MC is within smart or genius boundary. I've read TWGOK and Mahou Sensei Negima!. Also Denpa Kyoushi and Mahouka are already on my reading list. And also, it'll be even better if it's a romcom (just like all of those titles that I've mentioned).

Just a note, I don't really mind if it's a shoujo manga. But I guess I'll only kinda enjoy it if the male MC is the one who's smart or genius.

EDIT: Completed series is even more welcome. I don't mind the length.

So yeah, thanks in advance!

Edited by Bobby W., 14 September 2014 - 01:34 PM.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia
✓  Best Answer

Here are some with smart MCs, altough not really romcom:

Brynhildr in the Darkness - i only watched the anime, but it's in my to-read-list. also Harem.

Real Account - The MC may not be a super smart guy as you want, but i think you will like it :)

Assassination Classroom - Comedy, with The MCs being little smart. I only read until chapter 35 or something tough.

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts

Iris Zero looks interesting. I guess I'll go with that one first. And Brynhildr..whatever. I guess I saw this at some anime list back then. Was the anime good? I thought it was just a decent romance story. As for the rest, I'll just bookmark them for now. Anyway, thanks a lot! :)

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

And Brynhildr..whatever. I guess I saw this at some anime list back then. Was the anime good? I thought it was just a decent romance story.

The Anime was good imo, except for the super rushed ending, where they put (to my information) like 50 manga chapters in 2-3 episodes or something.

And Romance isn't really the main genre here, it's has more to do with witches aliens and stuff.

Anyway, thanks a lot! :)

np :)

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts

The Anime was good imo, except for the super rushed ending, where they put (to my information) like 50 manga chapters in 2-3 episodes or something.

And Romance isn't really the main genre here, it's has more to do with witches aliens and stuff.

I see. Ah well, at least the MC has photographic memory (right? it says so on the manga's description). Did they cover anything special regarding his ability? I mean, what's the point of having photographic memory if his ability will never be useful in anything.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

I see. Ah well, at least the MC has photographic memory (right? it says so on the manga's description). Did they cover anything special regarding his ability? I mean, what's the point of having photographic memory if his ability will never be useful in anything.

IIRC, yes, he had.

And he is Usefull,

He is, let's say, the Brains  of the ''team''.

Lonely-signature.png

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts

And he is Usefull,

He is, let's say, the Brains  of the ''team''.

Now now... that's more than enough as a reason for me to read this. Definitely going to read this one (or perhaps watch the anime first, or whatever). Thanks for the info!

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

Smart MC, male preferred, romcom would be good, bonus points if completed? :D

Black Lagoon has a smart (male) MC but is action orientated.

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo has a smart (male) MC, has more or less Romance and Mystery too.

Billionaire Girl, Magudala de Nemure, Spice and Wolf are all from the same Author and have smart (male) MCs and Romance, at least Spice and Wolf has a good amount of Romance and a little bit of 'advanced' romcom.

Liar Game has smart secondary MC (male), but the lead is naive (acts stupid) at the beginning...

Gunka no Baltzar has a smart male MC but lacks romance and is more or less action/politics orientated.

Naze Toudouin Masaya 16-sai wa Kanojo ga Dekinai no ka? Has a 'smart' male MC and it's some sort of romcom.

Kaiji has a (gambling) smart male MC...

Itsuwaribito Utsuho has a smart male MC, it's more action orientated and has almost no romance and only a little comedy...

Romcom with smart MCs, huh?...

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!" has a smart (knowledgable) female MC and romcom elements.

Hitsugi no Chaika has a decent (not really smart) male MC and some romcom (the Anime was decent, dunno about the Manga).

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica has a smart and even stronger male MC (the Anime was decent, dunno about the Manga).

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. -Monologue- has a smart male cynic MC and should contain romcom elements (the anime was pretty good, just noticed that the manga has only 6 chaps out or translated).

-fail

-acquire experience

-use experience to improve behaviour

-succeed
---------------------------------------------------
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

science hasn't gone far enough  I  Wat zullen we drinken

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

"Smart Male Lead" + complete (and that I'd personally recommend  :DBuyudenBoku wa Imouto ni Koi wo SuruEyeshield 21Green BoyIchigo JikanKurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)Kyou, Koi wo HajimemasuMahouka Koukou no RettouseiSakamichi no Apollon and Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume

Tn7HA0h.png

Coma Culture

Coma Culture

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

Two i'd suggest, with smart male leads are probably Horimiya, and Zennou no Noa. One other incredibly popular one has an emotionally clever lead is Onani Master Kurosawa. If you liked Brynhildr in the Darkness, which was suggested earlier, you'd also like Elfen Lied, another work by Okamoto Lynn. The main character of that one is a smart, normal, capable guy though he's entirely oblivious.

Newest Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1388475073/regeria-hope-honest-corrupt-lawyer-visual-novel?ref=newest

Regeria Hope, a Phoenix Wright-style visual novel free-ware game set in the courtroom. Pleasee check it out!

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts

If you like Mystery Manga you should also check ''Death Note''(not hosted on batoto)

Lonely-signature.png