Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New site skin!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Just installed a new site skin called Subway. I'll be changing this one to default later as Sylo was a temporary choice and it lacks the newer IPB features due to it being an old skin.

Will be testing it out for a bit before making it default. If you want to try it yourself or curious as to how it looks, just scroll all the way down and click change theme.

Sylo will still be available.

==========================

Update

Alright! It's the permanent new default skin now. If you want other versions, you can always login and select the skin version at the bottom of any page.

Edited by Grumpy, 07 September 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I like it... But can I bug tested now?

The position of the buttons:

Untitled_2.jpg

That was what I first find, other that than, this skin is something special... Gives a refreshed feeling to the website.

Edited by Black Phoenix, 04 September 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Lanfear

Lanfear

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationFanfiction.net
^That also happens here, but I'm on my phone so...

tumblr_oj88tuwaZo1qh0pg6o1_250.gif

Sigrún Mercy

TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

seems Batoto.com url is no longer function, and batoto.net leads to bato.to 

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Yes, im so glad you still keep sylo up *_*

aovnZo7.png

chicagopiano

chicagopiano

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEternal prisoner

Blue is so overused these days.

'For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow'.

- Ecclesiastes 1:18

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

Pretty sure the bottons on top depend on your screen, because mine is smaller i have 2 buttons going at 2nd row.

Spoiler

DarthCSI

DarthCSI

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Oh, I like the new skin -- Quite a nice change from the classic blue Sylo. Feels a bit 'Metro'-ish in Windows 8.

C

--Error 404: This user's signature is not found.--

dahh

dahh

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationStill here in front of the monitor, judging you.

I like it... But can I bug tested now?

The position of the buttons:

Untitled_2.jpg

That was what I first find, other that than, this skin is something special... Gives a refreshed feeling to the website.

Got this one too, I had to zoom out for the 'Chat' button to go inline with other buttons. (PC)

I forgot the term but I think its 'relative width' to make it responsive for different screens.

roch

roch

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Something i noticed while using the new skin, the Footer utilities when you are at the comment section on a comic page cannot be seen (unless highlighted) because the font is white and also the background...

Agnir

Agnir

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 61 posts

Though its good but need improvment the placement of buttons is not proper

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Oh, this is a nice change of pace

And I think it'll be easier to use for those using mobile phones

Thanks, Grumpy-senpai :D

TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

im logged in, but i dont see the new skin, is this only available depending where you are?

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

On 1360x768 resolution, the chat button is a bit intrusive as it appears under the rest of navigation bar.

Gnah

Gnah

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 64 posts

Changed the theme, clicked around for a minute, changed back to Sylo. Please don't take it as an insult, but I'm just fed up with a felt 90% of the websites taking a redesign to a blue-white-grey, completely soulless theme that was obviously designed for touch interface compatibility. Everywhere I look I see the same basic design pattern. It bores me to death.

It's like every car manufacturer building the exact same car with the same colors, only slightly deviating in hue and the shapes of the lighting.

It's like somebody wrote a manifesto titled "this is what a modern website has to look like" and deviation from that manifesto is punishable by public execution.

So sorry if I sound harsh and I certainly do not want to slander the effort put into the new skin. I just wanted to give a reason why I pretty much instantly went "Nope!" on it.

PS: Just realized that my avatar pretty much perfectly reflects what I thought when looking at subway. Awesome Itami-dono is awesome. :D

Edited by Gnah, 04 September 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

It's clean, but very bland. The default font size for most text is too small. Those buttons at the top have got to change, though. Not all of us can afford a bajillion pixel wide monitor.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

I like the new skin so far. It seems to keep the same general layout and feel of things. But yeah, I'm having the same problem with the 'chat' button getting pushed to another row. I have a 15.6" laptop, which is a fairly common size...in case you need it, it has that dumb 1366x768 resolution which is all you find with laptops in this price range...

im logged in, but i dont see the new skin, is this only available depending where you are?

It doesn't change automatically. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page. At the bottom left there should be several links. The one to the farthest left should say 'change theme.' Click on that and select 'Subway.'

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

madthejoint

madthejoint

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Yup i hate it , it looks old and boring

Comody

Comody

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

Well everything works(no problem with anything and I guess is because I bigger screen?) fine with me, and I like when things look nice and clean(which is this skin).

Kyujyu

Kyujyu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Southeast Asia

When you said subway honestly I thought that this site will be overflowing with green lol (need more site with green, blue+white kinda overused don't you think ;) )