Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New Address/Server Coming to Batoto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

mizuto

mizuto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thank you for the good news, Gumpy.

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts

Awesome news!

Along with physical move, I'm going to move the domain as well to: bato.to 

I actually wanted to move to that quite a while ago... a while ago enough that I probably wasted a bit of money in domain registration renewal by now... haha... I think it just looks more awesome, ya? Bery bery short. The old addresses will be forwarding, so, even if you don't update your bookmarks, you will still be safe.

Whatever it's awesome or not depends on how difficult it to steal or close.

.to is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga. (TIL: existence of Tonga)

Often used for torrent websites and domain hacks.

.to is one of the few ccTLDs that (officially) do not maintain a (public) WHOIS database providing registrant information.

Ok, sounds awesome.

Edited by Halo, 26 August 2014 - 10:32 PM.

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

That's a pretty good definition. Let us go with that. This is solid... like a potato.

Goddamn it, Grumps, I'm trying to eat here. Nearly choked to death on a pork chop laughing.

Any word on the last server you're waiting on?

• Nyu likes this
"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
Good luck, grumps!! Nyu shall wait most patiently...

ヽ(・∀・)ノ
In time's of elimination
We've got nothing to lose
Please repeat the message
It's the music that we choose

weezus

weezus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

dope

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

what does batoto mean, anyway?

Potato in portuguese. Grumpy is a secret nipo-brazilian agent of the dissemination of manga.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

damienthedevil

damienthedevil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBorder of Gensokyo

Just a quick question, If I type in Batoto.net will I be automatically redirected to the new site? I'm not that tech savvy on the whole internet domain thing.

Agnir

Agnir

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 61 posts

Just a quick question, If I type in Batoto.net will I be automatically redirected to the new site? I'm not that tech savvy on the whole internet domain thing.

Yeah grumpy mentioned it.

bato.to is awesome

draconins

draconins

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 5 posts

Thanks and good luck grumpy.

Sounds like good move!

19.jpg

Fruit

Fruit

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 62 posts

Meh, the domain Batoto.com is better than Bato.to, for many reasons and one of them is SEO. You'll drop in search engines like a Israeli missile hitting Gaza.

Posted Image

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Meh, the domain Batoto.com is better than Bato.to, for many reasons and one of them is SEO. You'll drop in search engines like a Israeli missile hitting Gaza.

To be fair, we're not all that high right now to begin with. Sometimes, I have to manually type in "batoto" to the search because results for this site don't show up on the first page of results (both Google and Bing) which is funny, because I thought they were supposed to be tracking my searches and knowing I only really go to batoto... >.<

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Sakura Orihime

Sakura Orihime

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Brazil

Potato in portuguese. Grumpy is a secret nipo-brazilian agent of the dissemination of manga.

(o-o)' i thought potato in portuguese was 'batata'.... so now i don't even know my native language anymore?.... (TuT)' 

But seriously batoto really means 'batata?' (.-.)

Fruit

Fruit

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 62 posts

To be fair, we're not all that high right now to begin with. Sometimes, I have to manually type in "batoto" to the search because results for this site don't show up on the first page of results (both Google and Bing) which is funny, because I thought they were supposed to be tracking my searches and knowing I only really go to batoto... >.<

Batoto comes second if you google "Tower of God", that's really high. It's also ranked 7.7k worldwide, also has 1k naturally indexed backlinks, high page & domain trust and more.

Posted Image

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts

Batoto comes second if you google "Tower of God", that's really high.

Not for long, since it was removed from the site.

But anyway, google "301 redirect". Unless Grumpy actually wants to lose some user base, "seo" stuff won't be affected.

forecast

forecast

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

sounds awesome since it has less typing though. :)

so are we going to have a farewell for batoto.net like in onepiece(going merry)

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

(o-o)' i thought potato in portuguese was 'batata'.... so now i don't even know my native language anymore?.... (TuT)' 

But seriously batoto really means 'batata?' (.-.)

Exactly, and batata is quite close to batoto. Don't forget he is half japanese, and also a secret agent.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

That's a early 2000's seo myth, one google themselves denied. .com doesn't automatically give it higher rating, and we also own .com.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

That's a early 2000's seo myth, one google themselves denied. .com doesn't automatically give it higher rating, and we also own .com.

I think he was more talking about the fact that since bato.to will be new, it won't have much search engine traffic, and thus won't be ranked high?

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I think he was more talking about the fact that since bato.to will be new, it won't have much search engine traffic, and thus won't be ranked high?

A proper 301 redirect is supposed to keep it's search ranking. Also, google has a form where you can directly submit change of domains.

Tgirl

Tgirl

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

*waits patiently for bato.to*