Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New Address/Server Coming to Batoto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

POPULAR

In a few days (depending on datacenter's delivery time), Batoto is going to be moving main web servers. No downtime for reading is expected, but downtime for uploading is expected. Shouldn't be too long, few hours at most. Retire the old hardware (though not that old) and get brand new ones and save money while at it. Seems like a win-win scenario. Briefly for the nerds, 3x servers with E5-1650v2s are ordered.

Along with physical move, I'm going to move the domain as well to: bato.to 

I actually wanted to move to that quite a while ago... a while ago enough that I probably wasted a bit of money in domain registration renewal by now... haha... I think it just looks more awesome, ya? Bery bery short. The old addresses will be forwarding, so, even if you don't update your bookmarks, you will still be safe.

Oh! Don't go to that address yet. It is not setup yet.

Current status:

2 of the servers have been deployed by the data center. They were supposed to be ready for 25th, but guess they're late on one. So, I'm still waiting for them on ready to move stuff. I will definitely move before Sept 1st (that's when old one goes kaplowy).

Edited by Grumpy, 26 August 2014 - 04:57 AM.

meikochan

meikochan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I will be looking forward to it!

Good luck with the move.

• Ada likes this

Nozomi

Nozomi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
Ohhh...nice!

Here's hoping everything goes as it ideally should! (Famous last words, I know, but still.)

Is this also related to the disk failure of a week and change past?
"It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between."

- Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), [i]Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

Rogday

Rogday

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Nice! good luck!

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Rejoice, fellow Batotians! For given to us this day is a message from Grumpy himself! After our long months of wandering in the fear of server downtime, and remembering the dark times of DDOS, a light has been shown to us!

A light that will lead us to a new land!

The PROMISED LAND!

A land of bountiful server space, and fresh, untouched cicuitry!

Space enough for all of our various and nefarious activities!

For romance, comedy, action and mature content (which will be swiftly removed for the safety of the children)!

Truly, a land of milk and honey!

Praised be to Grumpy, who will lead the promised potatoes to the new land! Blessed be his username, and the domains upon which he treads! May his and his god-like moderators reign with divine mercy for the years to come!

Praised be, oh Based One!

But seriously, thanks for the great news. Glad to hear it's a win-win for everyone involved, really appreciate everything you do for us. Y'all are absolutely fantastic, I'm thrilled to be a part of your community.

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

DAMMIT read the title of the thread and I was like "AYYYYYYYYY GRUMPY MUST HAVE PURCHASED BABOBO.NET void0-47_zps5ddcd0ed.gifvoid0-47_zps5ddcd0ed.gifvoid0-47_zps5ddcd0ed.gif"

then I read the post and I was like "No babobo?359x1mq_zps4181cacd.png"

Edited by Kannade, 26 August 2014 - 04:56 AM.

Luminair

Luminair

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

bato.to
I see what you did there xDD

KaMiToMi

KaMiToMi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Sounds like great news. Hope everything goes well ^_^

Hentai Meido Sachi

Hentai Meido Sachi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Love the proposed address change. I too hope everything goes well.

kXGAtcM.png

Pseudonymous_Existence

Pseudonymous_Existence

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationStanding behind you.

Yaaaaaay!
Now that I've given my input,I'll go cry in the corner to prepare myself for the downtime that is to come and the boredom that accompanies it.

Monuments may crumble,

And nations turn to dust.

The wheels of worlds may tumble,

Or grind until they rust.

browser

browser

Potato Sprout

• tC Donator
  • 6 posts

what does batoto mean, anyway?

Yosh

Yosh

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationburgerland

You gotta love domain hacks.

cookieness

cookieness

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

dunno about batoto but if it's bato.to or bato to, in my country's language, it means 'this is stone' or 'this is solid' or 'this is strong' or even 'i am strong'. for the exact meaning intended by the owner, i dunno lol.

Edited by cookieness, 26 August 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Is this also related to the disk failure of a week and change past?

No.

Yaaaaaay!
Now that I've given my input,I'll go cry in the corner to prepare myself for the downtime that is to come and the boredom that accompanies it.

Um... I get the feeling you didn't actually read the entire post.

dunno about batoto but if it's bato.to or bato to, in my country's language, it means 'this is stone' or 'this is solid' or 'this is strong' or even 'i am strong'. for the exact meaning intended by the owner, i dunno lol.

That's a pretty good definition. Let us go with that. This is solid... like a potato.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

as long as we wont have to re-register, yeahhh!

All heil bato.to!

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Pseudonymous_Existence

Pseudonymous_Existence

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationStanding behind you.

Um... I get the feeling you didn't actually read the entire post.

I meant when you do the uploading.
There's 90% chance I'll be reading manga when you start.

Monuments may crumble,

And nations turn to dust.

The wheels of worlds may tumble,

Or grind until they rust.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

Sounds splendid. I'm all in for shorter domain names. I already thought batoto.net was cool, but bato.to is an overkill DNS. It's even better to hear that we're (hopefully) moving to faster servers. I see you have decided to stop being suicidal by making it cost you less as well.

Although grumpy, our cat knows how to please his servants.

Edited by Subpyro, 26 August 2014 - 02:08 PM.

FrenchLegend

FrenchLegend

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Bato.to ... HOW SEXY !

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

From Batoto.net to Bato.to eh?

Dammit, Grumpy!  Don't you know that senile old farts like me are naturally averse to change because we are so set in our stubborn, irrational ways!?

*Stomps around the room noisily while feigning righteous indignation...  Then goes to favorite corner to sulk while muttering vile imprecations about Grumpy's questionable ancestry and probable sexual habits of a depraved and highly disgusting nature.*

And don't try to confuse me with any facts about faster and more efficient service...  I'VE ALREADY MADE UP MY MIND!!!

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

metez

metez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEarth ;)

Like for me great idea with new address :)

tumblr_mbfddggCss1rnbh24o1_500.gif

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

J.R. Oppenheimer