Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Lates chapter discussion

Game Discussion

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Freenight

Freenight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Just creating this thread for people to discuss about the imbalance of the game that our MC is currently playing and about the chapters. I guess I'll start.

I do believe that it is rather strange that he is the only Archer in the game. One with unorthodox(to the other players) skills no less. MMOs are generally played by thousands upon thousands of people. People will usually experiment a lot of stuff and share what they found on forums and boards. 'tis rather weird that Archer got the short end of the stick in this game, at least as seen by the players. People will find the good stuff rather quickly in games, especially in MMO.

As for the latest chapter, I find it quite amusing that the developers removed all potions from the shop. Was it a move made after seeing the apothecary skill is not popular, or were they set out to troll people from the very start? :P

Best part was that kick/arrow through the face. You know you are having a good time in a game when you can put an arrow through someone's face.

"Fukitsu wo todoke ni kitase" - Train Heartnet
"You'll go no further. For her sake, I will not fail" - Ash

Spoiler

20.jpg

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Just creating this thread for people to discuss about the imbalance of the game that our MC is currently playing and about the chapters. I guess I'll start.

I do believe that it is rather strange that he is the only Archer in the game. One with unorthodox(to the other players) skills no less. MMOs are generally played by thousands upon thousands of people. People will usually experiment a lot of stuff and share what they found on forums and boards. 'tis rather weird that Archer got the short end of the stick in this game, at least as seen by the players. People will find the good stuff rather quickly in games, especially in MMO.

As for the latest chapter, I find it quite amusing that the developers removed all potions from the shop. Was it a move made after seeing the apothecary skill is not popular, or were they set out to troll people from the very start? :P

Best part was that kick/arrow through the face. You know you are having a good time in a game when you can put an arrow through someone's face.

about the topic of he is the only archer,i like think that VRMMO in the ossan world is a new tecnology,so the players wants be "THE WORRIOR" and the one that dont have affinity chose the support class "Healer" or wnat be a magician (something that they cant do in Rl) archery and martial combat(kicks and etc) u can do in RL,this is my supposision

about the potions,i think the ADM wanted show to the players and test them "what you will do and can do now that you dont have a potion"

about "kick/arrow through the face":a famous saying from wuxua's (i think): "no matter how much you train, you cant turn your eyes into steel" :D

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

Blankdom

Blankdom

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Reason why Archery is considered 'weak', and a few of the other skills he has, was stated in the first few pages. (Though it wasn't indef like another one I'm reading with similar settings, Only Sense Online. Edit: Read that this was deprived from it on mangaupdate(bakaupdate), but not too sure, cuz I heard this has 400+ while OSO has around 200-300+ chapters, WN wise.)

Archery is really hard to use, in IRL you needa train in order to use or else you'd wouldn't hit anything. That's probably the main reason for why it's considered a 'trash' skill, and no one has it, but if I remember correctly, Japan has archery clubs, so there should have been some that took that skill, but meh.

(Also agree with Kuroganekai, it seems pretty new, with how it was crowded on the first day, so people might just want to get started right away rather then train.)

Also, they didn't remove the potions, the NPCs ran out of stock. The players thought they(the NPCs) had an infinite stock, as was stated in the first page of chapter 3, "The NPCs will sell you all the potions you want.", and cuz it's cheaper to buy then from NPCs (as was stated in the 1st chapter), why bother getting that skill? But otherwise, yeah, it was probably an event to promote crafting classes, cuz it seems everyone was going out fighting and stuff.

--------

Now then, I don't get why even though Cooking isn't considered 'trash', there isn't anyone that seems to have that skill (that's what I inferred after reading the 2nd chapter). It's even more profitable then Apothercary, cuz he was selling them for 100 a piece, while the potions were only 50 per. I woulda gotten the skill just for the money :P

Quotes found on the comment board, that seems to explain indef about the skills and why they are/were considered 'trash'.

Spoiler

Edited by Blankdom, 26 September 2014 - 09:18 PM.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

i would like to say a few things. firstly i've done archery it can hard but it's easy to get started. archery can be considered weak in todays world (but i don't think so) there are also over classes which are could be worst then archer(shild beare, muscison) but it all deppends on how it's used in the moment.

the reason why there few poeple who have the cooking skills is simply that poeple always worry about what's in front of them. if your picking skills you'erd  think about the attack, deffence, support, recoverey then generel skills. some people would put all the points into attack and forget everthing else. it's like going on holiday you always forget somthing that you going to need later.

--------

Now then, I don't get why even though Cooking isn't considered 'trash', there isn't anyone that seems to have that skill (that's what I inferred after reading the 2nd chapter). It's even more profitable then Apothercary, cuz he was selling them for 100 a piece, while the potions were only 50 per. I woulda gotten the skill just for the money :P

Blankdom

Blankdom

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

@cjk33

True, but like I said before, it's more profitable then Apothecary, and since other players actually started taking Apothecary after the whole potion fiasco, I don't get why no one thought of profiting from taking cooking, with how much it's worth (pretty much double potions, and that's just cuz he doesn't know the worth) and how there are barely any competition, it's a big business, kinda like here in reality, with all these restaurants and fast-food franchises, just more profitable. (Especially with how it seems most food in-game are bland and tasteless w/o proper preparation.)

Edited by Blankdom, 26 September 2014 - 09:29 PM.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

in the new chapter they going over this. and there more cooks (unlikely to be as good as the main guy)

p.s. I'm supprised you can learn new skills in-game (wishing this game was real) lol

lixilisk

lixilisk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

this series feels very similar to the "Only Sense Online" light novel. Except since this is in manga form there is less explaination.

I recommend taking a read of the OSO light novel, it is on the "krytykal" blog.

Epolimar

Epolimar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

this series feels very similar to the "Only Sense Online" light novel. Except since this is in manga form there is less explaination.

I recommend taking a read of the OSO light novel, it is on the "krytykal" blog.

This series began as a web novel. If you happen to read it. It's an interesting series.

mailechan

mailechan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This sounds like an interesting thread, so I thought I'd pop in with my theories.  I don't really post at all, but I liked all the comments enough to want to share with you all.

First, I don't think he's the only ranger, just the only one that he sees, as there are a lot of people in the level 1 area.  As he has said, archers are considered weak as compared to sword or melee fighters, while for distance battles, magicians are also more popular, since they can gain more powerful spells and they aren't caught by enemies' bloodlust senses.  Rangers, in terms of stats seem to be the weaker of the classes because of this.  However, in terms of solo battle, a ranger has both long distance (mage) and melee (fighter) abilities.

In terms of calling them useless skills, I think this is not true at all. Archery is all dependent on the level of your equipment for damage, which is why it's less popular than say, fire magic.  Also, it is most likely poor until you work it up in level because your accuracy at long distance is so low, as compared to magic, which seems to home in on the target or take up a huge area so one is guaranteed to hit.  As we saw, once he hit a higher level, he was much more accurate.  The same goes with Wind Magic; it is not just for up front damage, at higher levels, it increases the player's speed, which when added to the Kick skill, can allow one to do ridiculous things like kick an arrow through a wild bear's skull.  Speaking of Kick, it does not impart any moves, but it does increase any abilities that involve the feet and legs, like running jumping, and of course kicking; so if someone knew martial arts that used kicks, one could be dangerous.  Stealth, which it was mentioned that most players believed to be a fleeing skill, is actually an incredible skill for the right class.  Right now, if Earth were to increase his Archery even higher and make a better bow, he'd be an amazing assassin.  Physical boost actually works great for a solo player who doesn't have anyone else to depend on, as it increases all physical attributes (strength, agility, constitution) instead of just giving you an increase in one particular thing (one-handed sword, punching, etc.).  None of these skills are "great" or "powerful", but they do make for a well-rounded character who plays mostly by himself.

As for cooking, as cjk33 has said, they cover many reasons why it's not so popular to cook in Chapter 4 that makes a lot of sense.  I also would guess that no one realized that food could also boost stats and restore HP and MP.

In the area of extra skills, I would guess that for every X number of levels you go up, you get an additional skill.  Otherwise, you're stuck only knowing the skills you had at the very beginning of the game, and more people would remove their characters to make new ones, or create more farming characters.

I do have to admit to being impressed by the Eagle Eye skill.  Not only can you search for monsters, you can forage with it as well.  If I were interested in making money, I would not take cooking or apothecary, but increase Eagle Eye, forage the heck out of the place, and sell your findings to all the cooks and apothecaries.  You wouldn't even have to try to identify if you didn't want to; just make a grab bag - 25 random herbs for 50 gulor.

Okay, I think I've vented and rambled a lot.  Thanks for your patience.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

firstly lots of good points but i'm wouldering if all skills can be increase. eagle eye, stealth and physcial boost might just stay the same no matter how much there use or they might open doors to new skills like night eye, camaflage (make you harder to be detecked but can move with it on) or physcial endurance, and magic i'm wondering if there's black magic (which would be cool)

Edited by cjk33, 29 September 2014 - 03:32 AM.

Epolimar

Epolimar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

@mailechan

I like your post but for <Eagle eye> i think your idea is no possible. <Eagle eye> point all the herbs, even [Choking grass] and other poison or useless herbs i don't player want to buy random herb when they can identify and level up <Apothecary>

azbarimon

azbarimon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

at the start you were limited skill wise, but nothing said you couldnt take overlapping skills, who says there are no warriors who also took archery? dark souls is a great reminder, bows have a huge importance in certain locations, but really its all about how big and powerful the next sword/club is~ we also didnt see if the game forced you to take all 10 points at the start, which of course some would hold 1 or 2 in that case. now, i know ive played a game that had stock run out of shops, they replenished to a degree like a few every hour... in this however, it sounded like a temporary state to get to know your fellow player more, shops will probably come up eventually once again, not that it mattered though, the mc was making better potions than shops sold (which is a big + to me). lastly, in any game, theres always a few people who are willing to take the hardest route, just look at a few wow players who hit max level on noob island >.>; i'd have to imagine there are some that took only useless skills period, and are solely crafters, course we probably wont ever hear of any.. also, i think its personally awesome that skills can be comboed which increased usefulness by a ton~

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

I've being thinking. In the last chapter to me it seemed the MC was missing a skill. true he is a good player better the Jea-han (the gamer) by a long shoot but still he wont's to be a sole and if he going to go up agenst things like the bears then he's missing a skill but I'm not shore which skill. Best I can think is a shilding skill but that dose not seem right for him what do you guy think.

just read the new chapter.quright cool liking the idea of the fairies and hoping that they can be kept after the event also maybe the MC's fairiy has the something that I feel the MC's missing

Edited by cjk33, 23 October 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Epolimar

Epolimar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

The x-bow is too cool!!!! The blade shoe are a little strange... the blade is similar to the ice skating

libraryaddict

libraryaddict

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

If you are going to have a 0.00015% chance of failing to make a fairy contract.

Why the hell do you even bother with that chance?!? Why add that low a chance where its no longer part of the game.

It only screws up one or two people max for no real reason. It seems almost obvious at this point that the MC will fail.

The only reason you would even bother to have that chance is because a contract cannot form for some reason, such as incompatible with all fairies.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

if 1,000,000,000 play the game that's about 200,000 of them that might fail and there's no garonte that the MC is going that fail but he will defrinely aim for the funnist for him

Epolimar

Epolimar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

if 1,000,000,000 play the game that's about 200,000 of them that might fail and there's no garonte that the MC is going that fail but he will defrinely aim for the funnist for him

In reality if 1,000,000,000 play the game the 0,00015% is 150,000

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

sorry sorry missread manga but my point stands it's a disclamer so that the (nonexistent) support team is not boomed with useless mail

Epolimar

Epolimar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationItaly

Well in the first half of "Dance of the Fairies" there 219 players with failing to make a fairy contract (then there are 146.000.000 of players), the support team can think it's problematic

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

just thinking what if Earth chose water for a fairiy then it could (maybe) make ice and he could make some ice skates. like he's new spiked boots that would be fun