Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Eyeshield 21

Eyeshield21 21 sena

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Taijutsu363

Taijutsu363

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
They need start a new eyeshield manga like the've done for prince of tennis because I love it so much.

Edited by Taijutsu363, 30 September 2011 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Hmm, I've only recently started reading the series... It's pretty good :o
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky
Just started as well. It seems like it'll be a load of fun. :) I know you can't expect manga to be realistic, but in the first few chapters when they time their 40's? They say that running under a 5.0 is really fast and that a 4.8 can take you anywhere, but I ran a 4.82 for my team and I was just considered pretty fast... Then a 4.2? Inhuman... Bwaaaah, I can't take the lack of realism...
"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
One of my all time favorites, hands down. Non-stop sports action and laugh out loud humor throughout. Hiruma is one of the most unique, memorable characters you'll ever find. I haven't read it in 3 years and I didn't even need to look up his name,now that's memorable for me. One of the most fun, funny, uplifting and clean mangas you'll ever find.

Tn7HA0h.png

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Just started as well. It seems like it'll be a load of fun. :) I know you can't expect manga to be realistic, but in the first few chapters when they time their 40's? They say that running under a 5.0 is really fast and that a 4.8 can take you anywhere, but I ran a 4.82 for my team and I was just considered pretty fast... Then a 4.2? Inhuman... Bwaaaah, I can't take the lack of realism...

Yeah. I think mine was a 4.7+ and that was considered slow for a receiver, but 4.2 that's ridiculous. I think there have been 1 or two professional football players that have had a 40 time that low.

m0t0man

m0t0man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe interwebs
Nah, there are quite a few with a 4.2. Well, 4.21-4.29. Bo Jackson has the record of a 4.12. But they have been doing electronic recording since 2000 which is way more accurate than the old fashioned way of stop watch by hand. Chris Johnson has the record for the new method of 4.24.... But yeah, for a high school freshman to run that fast....highly doubtful.

But this is Manga, anything goes!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Nah, there are quite a few with a 4.2. Well, 4.21-4.29. Bo Jackson has the record of a 4.12. But they have been doing electronic recording since 2000 which is way more accurate than the old fashioned way of stop watch by hand. Chris Johnson has the record for the new method of 4.24.... But yeah, for a high school freshman to run that fast....highly doubtful.

But this is Manga, anything goes!

Yeah, I'd have to agree with your last comment, this is a manga, I never really thought about the actual "time" numbers at all. It's a story, that's just basic "suspension of disbelief".....trying to pick the story apart kinda spoils it. And as far as the American football part of it, I personally thought it was more than realistic and accurate enough to make it a very enjoyable read.

Tn7HA0h.png

Dresos

Dresos

Potato

• Members
  • 150 posts
My all time favorite sports anime and manga and I don't even watch ball sports in real life (well they don't really use a ball but you get my point).

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

My all time favorite sports anime and manga and I don't even watch ball sports in real life (well they don't really use a ball but you get my point).

Nah, a football is still a ball.....even if it is shaped kinda funny. You liked the anime too, eh? I'd read the whole manga first (same here, one of my all time favorite manga of any type) and when I went to try the anime version just got turned off because it almost immediately seemed to have some pretty big differences in the story line. I've never really heard just how popular the anime turned out as compared to how very popular the manga was.

Tn7HA0h.png