Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Malware Alert [2014/08/21] [Merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

sterlingmallory

sterlingmallory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Any updates on what's going on, as Google Chrome is now popping up with Malware risks for Batoto, despite the reports saying there have been 0 infections etc.

Rhymenoise

Rhymenoise

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

I just got this

https://www.stopbadware.org/firefox?hl=en-US&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.batoto.net%2F
when I went to the main page (after getting it on another and trying to head to forums to see whats up).

トバ

トバ

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEdo, Kabuki

Whenever I go around the site--on a comic page, my profile, etc. (other than the forums), I always get this message:

whFBoAI.pngI've had that problem since yesterday. And i'ts pretty infuriating. Is there any way I can prevent it?

Posted Image

*sig made by me.*

rc1138

rc1138

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 46 posts

Any updates on what's going on, as Google Chrome is now popping up with Malware risks for Batoto, despite the reports saying there have been 0 infections etc.

Same for me. No malware in report but it just won't stop popping up. 

qg8m3S.gif

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I also just got this warning a few minutes ago.

hxxps://www.stopbadware.org/firefox?hl=en-US&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.batoto.net%2Fread%2F_%2F144270%2Ffantasm_v1_ch2_by_jshoujo-scans%2F13

The reports say nothing is wrong with Batoto, but it's blocked anyways.

Edited by Naizumi, 26 August 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Bry

Bry

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Yep. Also getting some kind of alert on firefox.

Attached Files

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

It maybe a false positive. Google has a record of doing that sometimes. Or maybe it's the ad network. We're still trying to find the source of the problem. Will update when needed.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

RoflCat

RoflCat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

I'm guessing someone report batoto after getting hit by the Java popup annoying ad.

EDIT: I'm using Google Chrome, and the warning appears when I try to access batoto's main page, and reappear if I either visit another site and re-visit batoto or on the next page change after several minutes have passed.

Edited by RoflCat, 21 August 2014 - 08:45 AM.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

Please include some details when you file a report. Examples would be the browser you're using and the page you were trying to access when you got the alert. Thanks!

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts

virustotal - 1 / 58, with only Google Safebrowsing reporting on something. Must be another shitty java ad triggered it.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Firefox user here with Windows Security Essentials for security program, also experienced the warning. Have since told the warning system to let me through, but it cropped up when I was attempting to access the OOC/Concept Subforum in Land of Batotians.

EDIT: The details page I pulled up said it detected the site on two lists or something, I'll see if I can get to it again and get the specifics.

EDIT2: Got it. Apparently those two networks are bad news (if you'd like, I can post the reports I got on them as well).

Edited by Slice, 21 August 2014 - 08:22 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

JD21

JD21

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Happened to me today. The main page was claimed as attacking site, and that there was malware (or something like that) detected.

ku4eto

ku4eto

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBulgaria,Sofia

On Firefox Aurora, got this on the mainpage.

From my experience in working for a host company, this label is given when a site is reported for being hacked, hosting malicious scripts ( redirecting to other hacked sites or stuff like that ), AS WELL AS hosting illegial content for which an Abuse report as filed, but no actions were taken from the hosting company yet.

"Together we fight.... for the blood of the nations!"
"Running through life with blindfolds..."

ThomasterXXL

ThomasterXXL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Chrome is blocking batoto for me and not giving any proper reason or justification to do so... (It's not even mentioning the malicious ad problem)

As every step on batoto requires two clicks and triple the load time additionally, I didn't have the nerve to make sure to post this in the perfectly right forum. 

(Posting is so far the only thing that didn't trigger this for me)
Firefox only warned me once and when I told it to piss off, it didn't keep harassing me unlike Chrome. Internet Explorer didn't warn me, but my IE is very stripped down and crippled for personal preference...

Edited by ThomasterXXL, 21 August 2014 - 09:12 AM.

abafh.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

Greetings.

It would appear like Google has marked Batoto as an Attack Page which is supposedly full of malware, be it the owner is aware of it or not. We are highly encouraged to keep away from the site for the time being. Would someone perhaps know what was the cause for the website to be marked as an Attack Page? It certainly is something I wouldn't have thought would happen.

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Mac user here, on Safari and having the same issue.  It pops up with a warning every time I load a new page, though I was able to get it to stop by going into preferences and turning off the option to give a warning when visiting a fraudulent site.  Also, for whatever odd reason, the warning doesn't show up on first going to the main page, but does upon reloading or going back to it.

And as this is my first post, I just wanted to say that Batoto is a totally awesome site and I love it.

ThomasterXXL

ThomasterXXL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Firefox warns me once and then stops pissing me off, but Chrome is warning me at every single sub-domain and whatnot... 

Edited by ThomasterXXL, 21 August 2014 - 10:24 AM.

abafh.

Teriguu

Teriguu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts

:batoto_019: please tell me it's not true.

|

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I am aware of the issue and looking into it. I don't need any more confirmations at this time. or wild guesses...

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

I am aware of the issue and looking into it. I don't need any more confirmations at this time. or wild guesses...

Great to know. Do keep us updated.

Edited by Subpyro, 21 August 2014 - 09:56 AM.