Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
I'm surprised that such a popular manga doesn't have a topic of its own yet!

Onto the discussion~

This story is presented quite well. The hero isn't some struggling person who clings onto friendship and perseverance (a cliche I'm getting a bit sick of), and it's obvious that there's some romance between the main characters!

Really looking forward to how this plays out. :D

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
I feel its a bit unbalanced...
she has everything, he got nothing, he is there on a leash not imputing anything significant.

The romance too is only comming from her side, he again is just kinda going with the flow..

I can understand well how she acts taking in account she being from *that* special race
Spoiler

so the naivetee and innocence can be excused..

but the hero is yucky.. I mean the demon lordess could pretty much single handed fix the world, and the "hero" be the goofer guy just doing her bidding..

Its like a shonen that wants to be a seinen.. but its not there yet, it lacks something..

Ow yea nothing wrong with boobage XD

Gorga George Naibaho

Gorga George Naibaho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Since it's only 5 chapters right now, it would be very interesting if Hero gets further character development. Right now he is basically a clueless but super talented character.

Kyujyu

Kyujyu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Southeast Asia
And by looks of it (till ch 5), the hero will get his own harem from human AND demon side though he will be a little bit clueless about it(it will not be the focus of the story I guess).
Yeah, I also hope more development for the hero as he go to the battlefront and clash with both side.
Btw, I will die from moe demon queen overdose if this series update more regularly (well, thats not a bad thing too ^_^ )

Deeka

Deeka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLolitopia
interesting development on chapter 6 ~ love rival appear? detailed explanation on economy politics and some,

never dissapoint me so far, great read ^_^

Posted Image

My Manga Recommendation List:

"If They are Good Enough, They're Old Enough" - Sir Matt Busby

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
yeah , so far this series far exceeds the similiar setting ones

and gotta love the fact that there is big boobed demon queen that isnt int s&m(so far) and is like super shy person + the amazingly talanted hero that pretty much goes like a robot where the wind blows him
Spoiler

Synaptic

Synaptic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Man, I sure hope Demon Queen doesn't fall for the merchant... Hero x Demon Queen forever!!

"I will erase you from my world."

Hideo Kawamura

Posted Image

boomisbored

boomisbored

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSkyrim
I AGREE WITH HERO X DEMON QUEEN i like the series and the story is different from what i have seen nowadays

Savint

Savint

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
i agree, hero need more development, but i like him so far.

btw, i wanna see him fighting against the flying sharks that appears in ch3 page 29 *-*

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Agreed. He needs more Development. Then again I'm a stickler when it comes to Characters.

Rinroken

Rinroken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Its like Final Fantasy meets Harvest Moon. XD

I agree, the Hero needs more development. More importantly, I want to see Hero's relationship with Demon Queen grow and that cant happen if they arent together. At least he can learn more about Demon Queen in the demon world and Demon Queen can learn about Hero in the human world. I cant see it last long as a romance manga without some kind of steady progression.

P.S.
My money is on the magician calling Hero big brother. XD

Deeka

Deeka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLolitopia
well if you read ch.6 you'll know there are progress especially in romance *cough* just as the title of the chapter suggest ;)

i don't think the magician is that type of chara, since i think the one sleeps on the broom on the credit page of ch.5 is her. doesn't looks like loli chara for me <_<

Edited by Deeka, 23 November 2011 - 02:55 AM.

Posted Image

Renuel

Renuel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
From what the other characters say, the magician seems to be like Tabitha (zero no tsukaima).

And I think it's normal for the Hero to just follow the demon queen, since in games you always follow quests and have almost no free will.

(Does someone know if the light novels are translated in english (officialy or somewhere in the internet)?)

Deeka

Deeka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLolitopia

From what the other characters say, the magician seems to be like Tabitha (zero no tsukaima).

And I think it's normal for the Hero to just follow the demon queen, since in games you always follow quests and have almost no free will.

(Does someone know if the light novels are translated in english (officialy or somewhere in the internet)?)

just some heads up from extrascans : Kira0802 will be translating Maoyuu Maou Yuusha’s light novel over at Baka-Tsuki!

and this is a link to the project page : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Maoyuu_Maou_Yuusha

Edited by Deeka, 28 November 2011 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I don't see any romance conflicts coming into the series anytime soon, I mean Hero is the only human to know that she is the demon queen..... humans normally aren't going to accept that, prejudice goes a long way.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Renuel

Renuel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the info, Deeka.

PiercedHeaven

PiercedHeaven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Chapter 8 will be released on Christmas. Supposedly it's already done, but the translators holding off until the holidays to post it.

Edited by PiercedHeaven, 10 December 2011 - 11:48 PM.

Iksuru

Iksuru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Seriously, this series is stupendous. Normally a series like this put into a modern/realistic setting would have Z's across the board. BUT by adding that fantasy element and inserting the somewhat spontaneous action scenes/sequences, it allows for a colorful telling of a story that's ultimately about agriculture, economics, politics, and war. It also takes the fact that fantasy is placed in the past and adds "technological improvements" into the fray to emphasize on how important those improvements are in such a society.

The incredible art style is just icing on the cake.

Long story short: freaking brilliant. I'm in for the long run.

ruggia

ruggia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Chapter 8 will be released on Christmas. Supposedly it's already done, but the translators holding off until the holidays to post it.

Just to prevent anyone from raging due to a misunderstanding, the only thing that is "done" is the raw translated script that hasn't been proofread or anything.
We always get our script done a few weeks earlier so it can go through proofreading and eventually typesetted to the cleaned files.

We aren't really holding it off or anything. We just decided that our deadline to finish the final product to be the 25th to make it a special Christmas release. (which is still a few days earlier than our normal release pace for this series)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Just to prevent anyone from raging due to a misunderstanding, the only thing that is "done" is the raw translated script that hasn't been proofread or anything.
We always get our script done a few weeks earlier so it can go through proofreading and eventually typesetted to the cleaned files.

We aren't really holding it off or anything. We just decided that our deadline to finish the final product to be the 25th to make it a special Christmas release. (which is still a few days earlier than our normal release pace for this series)

Ah I was wondering why the release was being "delayed" thanks for the clarification. ^_^

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard