Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I completely hate Nanatarou

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

IlikeLolis

IlikeLolis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUnder your Skirt

I have to say that I was truly enjoying the series up until his introduction.

I have such a great deal of hate for this character because I have such a predictable fear of what he will become.

To me, Nanatarou will become the major pushing force to keep Mizuki Female. And I hate him for his obviousness about it. From the very convenient fact that he's an estranged heir to a Lingerie Conglomerate, to the ability where he was instantly able to clarify Mizuki's gender and then proceed to blackmail and fall in love with him, as well as the great deal of Jealousy he was able to create immediately on his introduction.

He will easily become the character who helps Mizuki's hardship as a female, as well as pushes him to struggle between his view on which love interest he should pursue, and then be coaxed or thrown away or otherwise toyed with without having much story of his own.  He is the incredibly sad existence of a Writer's Convenient and I just can't help but hate him.

To make a simple example (A likes B and C. A's driving force to like B is created by B and seems like the correct way to go, but the new interest of C is seen as weird and causes turmoil but B is still the major interest. D is introduced to make the relationship with C seem more viable and becomes the major driving force in AC shipping.)

He is the old man who teaches the hero a secret technique but the hero hasn't decided which faction to fight. He is the officer who points out the obvious while the detective figures out the case but struggles to point out the murderer as his friend.

He is Largely unnecessary and unneeded by both the story and the characters within the story and only serves as a shortcut to lengthen the drama while making the technical hardships disappear.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

I see him as a pressure on Takeru more than anything. It puts Takeru in the position of having to say "Stay away from Mizuki!" "Why, do you like her?" "No, but...!" "But what?" Etc...

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

I just hate him because he's an absolutely vile person and incredibly annoying.

Yosh

Yosh

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationburgerland

Spoiler

His facial expressions are the only reason he exists.

87ab1cc24d.jpgThis202ac1d9b1.jpgfucking442818303e.jpgguy

Edited by Yosh, 12 October 2014 - 01:11 PM.

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........

The only negative about this manga for me. This Nana guy is so ******* annoying, I mean all the other characters are likable, even the big creepy muscle guy. **** Nanatarou and I hope he gets as little screen time as possible.

woulf

woulf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I agree with the general direction of this thread. I think he takes important time from good characters.

I want a girl to help Mizuki with girl things not this guy.

I want Loki to tease him and set up difficult situations.

Edited by woulf, 19 January 2015 - 11:18 PM.

dae-kun

dae-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNYC
I like it when he gets cracked in the face.

969a09c054.gif

Warilized

Warilized

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Yeah, He is annoying...

But then, i'd like to see where is this going

OscarLMJ

OscarLMJ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I completely agree with this. This last chapter is just what you just described it, which is: "Accept yourself as you are", beautiful message, sure. But what most effing annoyed me was that Mizuki actually "understood him". Bull-fucking-shit! This was just a chapter to sympathize with this stupid character. Because, honestly, he's just a shortcut or just a comic relief, nothing more.

And to top it off, this shitty background story was so simple and stupid... I hate him

MatsumiYuu

MatsumiYuu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

well, 

I have to say that I was truly enjoying the series up until his introduction.

I have such a great deal of hate for this character because I have such a predictable fear of what he will become.

To me, Nanatarou will become the major pushing force to keep Mizuki Female. And I hate him for his obviousness about it. From the very convenient fact that he's an estranged heir to a Lingerie Conglomerate, to the ability where he was instantly able to clarify Mizuki's gender and then proceed to blackmail and fall in love with him, as well as the great deal of Jealousy he was able to create immediately on his introduction.

well, tis will over with that photo on mizuki and takeru old albums (or fujiwara's cellphone,I believe there is a scene where she take the photo. i can be wrong tho)

a child hood photo showing mizuki have a dick.