Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Recommendations] {ARCHIVE}

recommendations

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

It seems 'Steal' is back again after it had been removed from royalroadl.

http://eternalpath.net/steal/

Also the author has a new story called Root, but so far there is only one chapter.

Thanks.

Here's a light novel I've been enjoying recently: https://thatguywhosthere.wordpress.com/le-festin-de-vampire/

Didn't see this in list at the start (could be that I'm blind)

Also, saw you didn't have a link to Kyuuketsu hime, https://madospicy.wordpress.com/kyuuketsu-hime/This one has picked it up, only done prologue and ch1, but might be worth linking if they continue with it. 

I didn't want to add the first recommendation because the author had abandoned the webnovel—ergo, it won't ever be finished—but, since I started to use slashes to indicate abandoned or halted works, I guess that it could be put up on there. Very well.

I did have the latter on the list, but I was not aware that it was in the process of being translated, so it was italicized and not linked to anything at the time. I thank you for finding that.

ADDED:

• Kami no Himatsubushi Kyuuketsuki no Kyouen~Le Festin de Vampire. [Feast of the God Killing Vampire~Le Festin de Vampire.]
  • Steal

UPDATED:

• Kyuukuetsuhime wa Barairo no Yume wo Miru [The Vampire Princess Sees a Rose-Colored Dream]

Edited by Xagnam, 10 March 2015 - 10:58 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

NoobRage

NoobRage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Here's a light novel I've been enjoying recently: https://thatguywhosthere.wordpress.com/le-festin-de-vampire/

Didn't see this in list at the start (could be that I'm blind)

Also, saw you didn't have a link to Kyuuketsu hime, https://madospicy.wordpress.com/kyuuketsu-hime/This one has picked it up, only done prologue and ch1, but might be worth linking if they continue with it. 

I'm thatguywhosthere, thx for linking my site. Also with eh heibon desu yo, I wanted to read ahead because I was impatient so I translated a bit, but will re:Translations continue it soon? I don't want to stop them from doing their work.

flurburt

flurburt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
T^T

Edited by flurburt, 11 March 2015 - 04:22 AM.

This is my manga reading/completed list recommendations if people want I could rate them later

http://www.mangaupdates.com/members.html?id=313871

http://media.tumblr.com/fa8a63c9bda98965d9b0192d5c95e3ec/tumblr_inline_mq5upy17cp1s47ka6.jpg don't know how to put the image so....
anyways. urumi kansaki is my wifu!

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

so I keep trying to spread the word of this novel Maou no Hajimekata but for some reason it doesn't stick(get put on the list) so I'll  keep trying. It's closest to rebirth since the MC uses his magic to become young again

https://kobatochandaisuki.wordpress.com/category/maou-no-hajimekata/

this is the sites synopsis no joke

Warning : This novel has been rated R18 (over 18) and contains highly extremely fuckingly fucking fuck super mega giga explicit sexual contents or violence. If you are a person with weak constitution or with illness or pregnant or too young or too old, please avoid reading this. You’ve been warned.

so far highly recommended

PS: please post it on the list... I'll cry T^T

... Huh?

Maou no Hajimekata [Becoming the Demon King] has been on the list since around December-January; really, I think I added it sometime after Kobato-chan released the first chapter.

And no, it's not 'rebirth'. If you meant 'Reincarnation', it's still not. He wasn't reborn, all he did was use a magic spell to make himself youthful again. He's still an old man on the inside. Anyway, the work has resided in the Fiction section for quite some time... it's the third on the list, to be exact...

Please use the search feature on the forum or by using Ctrl+F on your keyboard.

XrO2U3z.png

BGa9

BGa9

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

A very good story i recommend comes from an erotic novel site, but the story itself is not really erotic, yes sex happens in the story, but the author literally avoids explaining the details other than to say "... yes ...they had sex now onto tomorrow"  The story is called A New Beginning and is pretty good. It's about a guy who gets teleported to another world though some accident.  As with most stories posted online it comes with its fair share of grammatical and spelling errors, but the story itself is pretty cool.  The author's Kenneth Hammond other works all fit in the Fantasy/SciFi genre.  These are all reposted from the original author's account Ka Hmnd.  If you do look for Ka Hmnds current stories, you'll find they are in fact more erotic based. Kenneth Hammond just has the reposting of his Non-Erotic stories.  Again I really think A New Beginning should be added to the transported list it's pretty good.  Someone may want to create a download instead of linking to the site, but hey it'll be wroth it.

Attolis

Attolis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Can anyone post a review on Steal please?

Edited by Attolis, 11 March 2015 - 03:35 PM.

Omnimessiah

Omnimessiah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

From my part, I also recommend a fiction "RE: Abominable Snowman". Contrary to the title, MC is not reincarnated into a bloodthirsty being of snow made by childrens' hands, but a variety of a yeti in a fantasy setting. It doesn't have many chapters so far, but it seems interesting, and I find it amusing. - http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/1518

Auditto.N

Auditto.N

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi I have some recommendations for the list

Transcendence? http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/1587

From the author of "Until Death?"  it's new since it looks like Until Death is ending. It's a prequel to Until Death and is set in the same universe

The other one's a self promotion of my fiction but I think it's pretty decent....

Death is a Reality http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/1407

It's got a VR story setting and has it turn into a death game similar to SAO

Also a little typo on a fiction title in the list: "Authur Red" should be spelled "Arthur Red"

Edited by Namche, 13 March 2015 - 04:48 AM.

Pseudonymous_Existence

Pseudonymous_Existence

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationStanding behind you.

Death is a Reality is pretty nice.

Definitely should be added to recommendations.

Might be a little early to add Transcendence, only 3 chapters so far, though it might fill up pretty quick, Andur writes fast.

Monuments may crumble,

And nations turn to dust.

The wheels of worlds may tumble,

Or grind until they rust.

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

Add this as an alternate link for one of the reincarnation novels on your list. Since Onichanyamete has long dropped it, and someone else has picked it up.

https://rhinabolla.wordpress.com/hachi-nan-2/

link to the blog of a newer translator picked up Hachinantte, Sore wa Naideshou! after onichanyamete dropped it. You might want to add this as an alternate link to that series on your list. This person already translated 24 chapters at this point. Way further than the current link. He also posts the edited chapters on https://wartdf.wordpress.com/current-projects/but he has a lot of chapters on his own blog.

Edited by lygarx, 14 March 2015 - 01:18 AM.

TrippingOnWords

TrippingOnWords

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I've started translating a web novel in the reincarnation genre called Majin Tenseiki.

My translations can be found: here.

I plan on updating fairly regularly. 

nobody8

nobody8

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Onii-chan has a few other teasers that seem interesting.

I'm back in the Other World.---Fits Reincarnation/Transported.

The Black Knight who was Stronger than even the Hero. ---Not sure where this fits.  Only one chapter out, but the "Hero" was transported.  The MC may have been transported, but shows signs of having future knowledge, so possibly reincarnation(in a setting where events repeat themselves) or time travel. Not enough to go on to be sure yet.

覇王

覇王

Potato Spud

• Validating
  • 18 posts
  • Locationおねいちゃんの腕の中に

Onii-chan has a few other teasers that seem interesting.

I'm back in the Other World.---Fits Reincarnation/Transported.

The Black Knight who was Stronger than even the Hero. ---Not sure where this fits.  Only one chapter out, but the "Hero" was transported.  The MC may have been transported, but shows signs of having future knowledge, so possibly reincarnation(in a setting where events repeat themselves) or time travel. Not enough to go on to be sure yet.

yse, bleck knight is a the Transported.

i also adding the Teaser(not yet completely) for The Kenja.
The Kenja fall under belong were yuo would put 'Logs Horison' or 'THE NEW GETES'.

Edited by 覇王, 15 March 2015 - 07:49 AM.

「本は愛!本は喜び!本は感動!」

PCheshire

PCheshire

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Onii-chan also released a teaser for SHE PROFESSED HERSELF THE PUPIL OF THE WISE MAN or Kenja hehe

whoops someone already posted about it~ sorry didn't notice

and netblazer.wordpress.com also has some of Konjiki no Moji Tsukai

Edited by PCheshire, 15 March 2015 - 01:05 PM.

indra13

indra13

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationMy Cozy Room

Onii-chan also released a teaser for SHE PROFESSED HERSELF THE PUPIL OF THE WISE MAN or Kenja hehe

whoops someone already posted about it~ sorry didn't notice

and netblazer.wordpress.com also has some of Konjiki no Moji Tsukai

that someone you said about is the translator himself

BUSY MAKING A TAX REPORT

For LN and WN update go to My Blog Kurotsuki Novel it's awesome gahahahaha lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

My hobby? correcting translator work when I find it or make a stupid conversation comment with my editor on my project lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

The BEST WAY to alleviate pain is CUTENESS. CUTENESS brightens OUR LIVES and reduce hardship so we can live happily. Accept cute things into your life.

Promoting japanese artist anytime I can, now it's Knock Out Monkey

Spoiler

Bludflag

Bludflag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Saga of Soul is a 21 chapter story with 2 interludes(pretty sure there were lyrics to 3 songs).Synopsis from the site:

Meet Eriko, an introverted, intellectual teenage girl with good intentions.

Now, watch Eriko get caught in the middle of multiple simultaneous plots as fairies, demons, inter-dimensional empires, evil geniuses, immortal killers, cosmic horrors and more all make their move, and it's up to her to save the day.

"Saga of Soul" tells the story of Eriko, A.K.A. Soul, as she strives to protect the world against all odds. 

It is updated irregularly,written by the troper(on TV TropesSun Tzu.Best for you to decide the genre(officialy Magical Girl,but we don`t have that here).Personal opinion:not a...typical story,not so many cliches in there(very,very few -Lassard(parodied)) and grammar is excellent(except for a few typos,but they are omnipresent).Only one problem,it is updated irregularly(I cri everitim).I suggest not to read the TV Tropes article about it(ruins for you on how many people stay alive up till the current chapter),plus their personalitiles(there is even complexity in them!).No frilly clothes.Thinking about changing signature into "Assasins for Christ"(a webcomic has a dude who put that on his shirt),maybe the picture of it.Thoughts?

Started reading Le Festin de Vampire and I gave up on chapter 1.The sole reason I did so was the abominable grammar of the translator(I is never capitulized).It needs serious editing(one paragraph,one sentence is not a nice policy) and it was dropped.Serious nope in my opinion,a big stay away should be painted upon it.

PCheshire

PCheshire

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

that someone you said about is the translator himself

i know~ xD

does anyone know any other story that have female protagonists?(and ones where a girl turns into a boy or vice versa... already read most of the ones already listed)

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK:

Forgotten Conqueror

Powerless and filled with a raging anger for half his life, an avenger grasps hold of what was to be his redemption, only to find despair and darkness. His mind lost, his anger went on to bring about the path of carnage. Death was but a moments reprieve for his agony. His rage overflows even after the sweet release. He is, but an inextinguishable flame that threatens to consume everything, all in the name of retribution.
Unable to be snuffed out by the laws of the world, he is granted life once more—In a different era, all those with which his vengeance focused on, vanished into obscurity with the passage of time.

What does one who has all the power of the world at his finger-tips do, when all the reasons for that power have vanished?

UPDATE:

• Kami no Himatsubushi Kyuuketsuki no Kyouen~Le Festin de Vampire. [A God’s Timekiller: Vampire’s Banquet~Le Festin de Vampire.]
  • Majin Tensei-ki - Kyuuten Rinshi ni Isshou wo - [<tentative title>]
  • Gray's Crucible
  • Re: Progenitor
  • Transcendense?
  • Isekai ni Demodori Shimashita? [I’m Back in the Other World?]
  • Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu wo Mezasou [Aim the Deepest Part of the Different World Labyrinth]
  • Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja [She Professed Herself the Pupil of the Wise Man]
  • Yuusha Yori Saikyouna Kuro Kishi [The Black Knight Who Was Stronger than Even the Hero]
  • The Bathrobe Knight
  • Code Name: Genesis
  • Death is a Reality
  • DIVE
  • The Gam3
  • Ethereal Sovereign
  • Saga of Soul
  • A Demon Among Devils

Edited by Xagnam, 17 March 2015 - 03:36 AM.

XrO2U3z.png

Tryfing

Tryfing

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

just read this web novel few days ago... the light novel already released until volume 2, web novel still active (so far, no one translate this WN and LN... maybe)

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n0089bk/

http://lndb.info/light_novel/Isekai_Meikyuu_no_Saishinbu_wo_Mezasou

synopsis:

"I'll absolutely save you. Hence I will–!!" Aikawa Kanami awakes in a corridor he has no recollection of, the wound he received from a goblin is cured by a pretty girl called Lastiara, and he learns that he's in a different world that's exceedingly similar to a game. Kanami makes into his weapon the hearty welcomed status and skills, and with a pretty girl Dia plunges forward towards the deepest part of the labyrinth that's rumoured to "grant any wish"–. This is a story of a boy who exposes the deepest part (truth) of the labyrinth and fulfills a wish.

p.s.: this novel looks like danmachi without god, about labyrinth (there's also level system)

Edited by Tryfing, 16 March 2015 - 04:12 AM.

BlazingKyogre

BlazingKyogre

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Seeing Xagnam's avatar, can I ask whether there's a good Persona fanfic or an original inspired by Persona?

The Secret Chronicler - currently at Chapter 4
A story tried to be written by me