Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Nature of Isana

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Aurega

Aurega

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVI-scans

I've been thinking, as I don't know too much about japanese gods, but searching a bit I couldn't find a japanese deity names Isana. The closest one i could find was the hindu deity Ishana, one of Shiva's aspects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishana

Could it be that Isana is actually the quintessential form of one of the principal Hindu Deities, Shiva?

anime189

anime189

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts
  • Location冥界

Hmm.... I would like to say "that it's completely unrelated and it's just a fantasy story" but unfortunately I can't say that...  

Unfortunately, I am an atheist but ironically I have like tons of knowledge about gods and deities from several religions and mythologies... Like Norse, Egyptians, Japanese Deities and Hindu Gods and such... Though despite that I never heard about that form of Shiva... 

I doubt that mangaka dug that deep into Hinduism to make Isana as her character but we can't say for sure unless I or cyber reads till the end... 

Saying this I would like to conclude this by saying that "Let's wait for now."

>>AKS<<