Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Blast. The rank 1 s class hero.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Godon

Godon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

What is blast's identity. I am very eagerly waiting for this character to be introduced. Being the strongest, even stronger than the no.2 ranking just makes e wonder how strong he is. So what are your thoughts and expectations for the no.1 ranking s class hero whose identity is unknown even by the super hero ass.

Attached Files

Pure Darkness

Pure Darkness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

blast's secret identity has not be reveal so no one but ONE can give you an answer. some have theorised that blast could be saitama but the author has given too much info that makes that an impossibility. but it's likely considering all blast's complaints about how he works that he's an ally of metal knight and is secretly evil. or he could just be a neet/hikikomori(spelled right?) who just doesn't want to stand out but has great power.

Death to Tsundere!!!!

Godon

Godon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Blast being evil might not be a threat to saitama since saitama is said to have broken the hero hero testing records physically. Hence saitama should be stronger than blast which might also not be the case.

Also with this naming sense they have got to have something in common : silver fang (bang) ,his brother (bomb), and of cause there's blast. Since those two are on top in the martial arts world, i think blast has got to be related to the martial arts world or to bang somehow. Probably.

syLph

syLph

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I really doubt the #1 is secretly the spot for Saitama — King is already fullfilling that role amazingly awesome and it would also be wasting another top character.

Judging by his name alone I'd expect Blast to be either a master of pyrokinesis or also some kind of cyborg using weapons to blast stuff away. As for the later I could imagine him to be the cyborg who destroyed Genos hometown... like during his job because he's just overkill. That would add some fuel into the story actually, but I don't really think he's that cyborg. I guess the pyrokinesis one is more probable since we already have a couple cyborgs and someone focussing on using fire is still missing.

Oh well, ONE probably has something super awesome in mind that nobody else is expecting.  :D

JUST_do_ot

JUST_do_ot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBehind you

What if Blast is MOB from mob psycho 100 ? he is an esper

Pure Darkness

Pure Darkness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

What if Blast is MOB from mob psycho 100 ? he is an esper

as cool as that would be, it just doesn't fit. blast is too picky and spoiled. he only works when he wants to or the hero org. lets him do what he wants. mob's the kind of guy who would help everyone like licenseless rider. mob would have to change a shitload from how he currently is to fit blasts character.

Death to Tsundere!!!!

VartholomewKuma

VartholomewKuma

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Blast probably doesn't exist. The description he's getting makes it reasonable that he is just a myth created for the rest of the heroes. Probably by Chinner. Someone made a thread and said the No.1 seat is made by Chinner for the person who saved his grand-kid. Or maybe he just did that regardless and Saitama is going to get that seat eventually anyway.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

Blast probably doesn't exist. The description he's getting makes it reasonable that he is just a myth created for the rest of the heroes. Probably by Chinner. Someone made a thread and said the No.1 seat is made by Chinner for the person who saved his grand-kid. Or maybe he just did that regardless and Saitama is going to get that seat eventually anyway.

Problem is they said it was possible for them to bring him in. This implies he does exist and isn't a myth. Can't be Saitama for the same reason - they can request his help but they don't want to bring Blast in because as his name and freedom clause indicate, he's probably big on collateral damage.

So far the closest thing anyone has to calling for Saitama is to mention monsters on the news reports. But most of the ones we've seen he's come across through accident.

ika4QNM.png

shadow37

shadow37

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

crazy thought can blast be the chick with the twintails and gold armor?

ndiezel

ndiezel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

She's even weaker than Genos, too boring.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

ndiezel has a point; she does not seem to be that strong.
Tatsumaki, the tornado, is incredibly strong. For someone to be rated above her, especially someone who has special rules in place, they'd have to be pretty amazing.
If I remember right though Himiko is part of the Murata-OPM universe. Maybe she'll show up in a side chapter.

ika4QNM.png

Legowaffles

Legowaffles

Potato

• Members
  • 136 posts

Problem is they said it was possible for them to bring him in. This implies he does exist and isn't a myth. Can't be Saitama for the same reason - they can request his help but they don't want to bring Blast in because as his name and freedom clause indicate, he's probably big on collateral damage.

So far the closest thing anyone has to calling for Saitama is to mention monsters on the news reports. But most of the ones we've seen he's come across through accident.

This absolutely does not prevent Blast being the spot created for the person who saved Chinner's Grandson.

Simple evidence: Not a single S Class hero (and presumably none under them) have ever met Blast. As such, it is very possible for Blast to be nonexistant, until the person who saved Chinner's Grandson showing up.

OP Origins

OP Origins

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

But they can contact Blast, though they cannot force him to do certain task unless he's given full freedom to do what he does best. I'm more lenient towards the idea that Mob is Blast, the only change being that this takes place in the future and Mob is an adult. If anyone is up to date on Mob Psycho 100, Mob is currently undergoing change in personality. Reigen noted that Mob is beginning to think for himself and starts to question his purpose and actions. I would think that when Mob is an adult, he is very independent and joined the association for a higher purpose.

"Without coincidence, there is no story." - Old Chinese Proverb

Spoiler

tranimator

tranimator

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Personally, I think that blast is the spot for saitama. The main reason being that I think the cleft chin kid is the hero lovely sweet mask, and that he guards the way to S class so he can meet Saitama once again. The reason I think sweet mask ks the cleft chin is:
1.He hates all evil to a scary extent due to his life being in danger as a child.
2. 5 years has passed so he must have gone through puberty and has to be a young man at this time. The ages seem to correlate, but I could be wrong on this.
3. He also seems to have have regenerative abilities that could have been granted from his fathers money giving him surgery for that power.
4. He stays at rank 1A because he wants to keep the S rank highly prestigious. Why is that important to him? It could be that he wants to meet Saitama once again to give him Blast's place as the top tier hero, due to Saitama being the hero that he personally acknowledges as perfect hero.

The cleft chin is gone because I believe that he is wearing ... A Mask in the sake of becoming a perfect hero.
Just my personal view on this.

Edited by tranimator, 02 October 2014 - 07:22 AM.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

If Blast is anyone that is currently shown in Mob Psycho it's far more likely to be Reigen with Mob working for him, rathen than Mob himself.

Spoiler

kinnlm

kinnlm

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 15 posts

Blast could be the raging cyborg that Genos is chasing.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

My idea is that Blast is similar to Saitama who broke his limiters and similar to Saitama he does what he wants. Though the question is why Blast hasn't shown up until now even when the whole city was destroyed is strange, similar to how he didn't show up for the meteor thing.. Those points do go against the chance that Blast is similar to Saitama.

Raizel2014

Raizel2014

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I dont think blast is someone who broke his limiters, if he is then saitama uniqueness is gone, the point of saitama godly strength is for comedy relief, since he is unstoppable it makes for some great moments.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

I dont think blast is someone who broke his limiters, if he is then saitama uniqueness is gone, the point of saitama godly strength is for comedy relief, since he is unstoppable it makes for some great moments.

The thing is that his actions of "Only acting when he is given free reign" is similar to Saitama.

And the thing with "Uniqueness" is that you don't need to make them fight each other for one thing and secondly I think that there can be a ton of other different things that the author can think up with "What is the limiter" for example. Similar to Garou. Like I don't think that Blast's Limiter is as strong as Saitama for example, as all of his tests broke records, etc (Most likely even beyond Blast.). But if you think about it Garou also broke his limiters and he constantly level upped, but still couldn't reach Saitama no matter what.

combatmaster1o3

combatmaster1o3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts

The thing is that his actions of "Only acting when he is given free reign" is similar to Saitama.

And the thing with "Uniqueness" is that you don't need to make them fight each other for one thing and secondly I think that there can be a ton of other different things that the author can think up with "What is the limiter" for example. Similar to Garou. Like I don't think that Blast's Limiter is as strong as Saitama for example, as all of his tests broke records, etc (Most likely even beyond Blast.). But if you think about it Garou also broke his limiters and he constantly level upped, but still couldn't reach Saitama no matter what.

Remember that Garou has only trained against his limiter for a short period of time. It only started to break, in fact I believe because of that fight with Saitama that limits are being placed back upon him.

Edited by combatmaster1o3, 13 January 2015 - 05:25 PM.