Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Obi...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Piepie

Piepie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNY State

Obi makes my heart hurt in this. I want him to be happy soooooo much, but the girl he loves is in love with someone else, and I feel like he holds back a lot.

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

Yes, but not all crushes/loves end happily, so it's also a reality check, I think... though a painful one. :/

~Will continue to survive through optimistic pessimismtm!~ ^^

I'm not the only one who doesn't like spoilers, so I'd be happy if everyone used the [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] -htmls, I know I do...

ChanBaek92

ChanBaek92

Potato

• Contributor
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMayora Land ~

Fuck reality check, I want him to get the girl >.<
Why did I have to ship the most impossible pairing?! And the mangaka, I swear she's doing it on purpose, almost every chapter has these 'moments' to tease us Obi fans.
That said, I want him to get his own spin-off manga, he'd be the best MC ever. <3

Edited by AnpanMayo, 02 August 2014 - 11:48 AM.

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

This series may well have the best supporting character trio I've ever seen (in shôjo-style especially)... So a oneshot or twoshot of Obi and another about the aides would be purrfect~

Though I must say, I do not ship Obi/Shirayuki. ^^; Because from her point of view, he's just a bit too obscure, considering the people she seems to like "instantly" (Zen and Ryuu, for example). But even so, Obi deserves someone.

I'm not the only one who doesn't like spoilers, so I'd be happy if everyone used the [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] -htmls, I know I do...

Piepie

Piepie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNY State

I want him to be soooo happy. He's my fave, and it feels like he is kinda shunted aside, but I also don't want him to leave, because aside from having to hold himself back, there is a wonderful rapport between him, Prince-y Boy, and Shirayuki.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I'm not even sure he's in love with her, exactly.  I mean he's clearly very fond of her--you know, just likes her as a person.  And she's attractive.  And so OK, if you like a person and you're attracted to them, there's always a certain pleasant tension even if you don't really intend to go anywhere with it.  You'll enjoy flirting a bit, if they're not single you maybe wonder a bit what might have been.  But that doesn't necessarily mean you're unhappy with the situation, or primarily see them as anything but a friend.  I feel like Obi is somewhere in that landscape--maybe a little more into her than pure harmless flirting, but less into her than serious crush territory.

Piepie

Piepie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNY State

Yes, I can see what you mean. In any case, it appears as if this very situation shall be addressed in the next chapter! I can't wait! I mean, I can totally wait, and I have to wait, I just don't want to.

ChanBaek92

ChanBaek92

Potato

• Contributor
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMayora Land ~

HE IS IN LOVE OKAY!?

*ahem* Or not, well, we'll have the answer only in the next chapter but let this Obi x Shirayuki fangirl dream for a while :3

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

To be honest, I've been waiting for them to add to the main cast of characters for a while. Specifically a partner for Obi. Shirayuki and Zen are obvious and Kiki and Mitsuhide are pretty much a given, so our poor Obi is left alone. Obi is quite developed, personality-wise (although his backstory could do with a little work), but he has yet to really participate in anything other than supporting roles. Mitsuhide had some time focused on him and it was well executed, so I imagine that the mangaka could do the same with Obi. The way the author has refrained from giving Obi any role other than the cliche "love rival with no hope" is rather dull, but I don't think that the mangaka would do something so boring given how all the other parts are top notch. I think that Obi will find happiness soon. So here's hoping for the appearance of Obi's girl!

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

It's a part of his personality not to leak his past (makes sense, too, considering what has been shed a little light to [I only remember this so well because I reread the whole manga less than two months ago], what with changing "masters" and all the shady stuff), so I at least haven't really been exactly disappointed that his backstory isn't fully exposed as of yet. The mystery is a big part of his charm. ;D Though at the same time, of course we wanna know! xD He's our dear creep. :3

...Gotta admit though, if his partner won't end up being that "woman from the group as Obi" that we saw in that miniarc about a mysterious mansion, I doubt I'll take to any other woman. ^^;

Yui_Chibi

Yui_Chibi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

This series may well have the best supporting character trio I've ever seen (in shôjo-style especially)... So a oneshot or twoshot of Obi and another about the aides would be purrfect~

Though I must say, I do not ship Obi/Shirayuki. ^^; Because from her point of view, he's just a bit too obscure, considering the people she seems to like "instantly" (Zen and Ryuu, for example). But even so, Obi deserves someone.

Of course that there should be someone for Obi, but I just don't want someone, it must be Shirayuki ;A; :batoto_012:

Katsu

Katsu

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHome ヽ(○´∀`)ノ

I love Obi and I hope he finds his special someone too. I'm not a shipper of Obi/Shirayuki (sorry), but the latest chapter made me sad seeing how he glances at her... :c

Edited by Tsuchii, 22 February 2015 - 11:17 PM.

buttfreckle

buttfreckle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Maybe it will be a threesome with all three of them  :batoto_008:

adefuwa

adefuwa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I think Obi is in love with Shirayuki. But more than Shirayuki, he loves Zen. Not the BL, yaoi sort of love. I meant the sort of affection built over trust. Zen and Mitsuhide took a long time before they built that sort of connection. Mainly because Mitsuhide sees Zen as employer, Prince of Clarines, and him as loyal subject. However with Obi, those sort of thing wasn't establish.

So the relationship that Obi has with Zen holds a higher position than his love towards Shirayuki. We haven't seen much of Obi's past. That's why no matter  what happen, I think he'll never try to win Shirayuki.

Although I do wish he'll find someone, I kind of like it that Obi is portrayed this way.

I somehow doubt Obi will have other love interest. If Kiki is paired with Mitsuhide, and Shirayuki with Zen, I think Obi's role in the story is to provide another perspective of relationship bonds.

Nerazim

Nerazim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
I agree with adefuwa almost completely, though I was going to say it and joke about the BL between Zen and Obi being the TRUE END OwO

kulekrizpy

kulekrizpy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Maybe it will be a threesome with all three of them  :batoto_008:

Honestly I really get these vibes from them. They all love and care about each other. The basis is definitely there, and every time it just seems to get reinforced. 

SangMo

SangMo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

He's become so loyal to Zen, I doubt he would ever actually try to steal Shirayukihime.