Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The flow of time [Possible spoiler(s)]

GTO

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

RhythmiC

RhythmiC

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Sweden

I have no idea if anybody else picked up on what I'm about to bring up, but the time jump from the prequel to this sequel ended up being only 2 years. Yet the technological jump has gone decades ahead from where it was. Pretty much everybody has got a relatively new gen mobile phone - even the poor Onizuka.

There are several obvious reasons as to why it ended up like this so it's not like you can't understand why, but it's messing with the integrity of the story.

Aanyway, I made this topic so everybody can list the anomalies they notice when comparing the prequel to this sequel.

For those who doesn't know, this is the prequel -> http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/gto-r306

Edited by RhythmiC, 13 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Pseudocatfish

Pseudocatfish

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe town where the Lolis roam.

I like it I don't feel like it messes with the integrity of the story. in fact it's fresh to see new things!  ^_^

FionaSuus

FionaSuus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Netherlands

I'm okay with the phone upgrade, if you look at when the original started 1997 it's logical that there were some changes because this manga is made 17 years later the audience that is meant for this manga kids nowadays expect smart phones. For them it would be illogical if there were no smart phones in the story the author is free to change with the times so I'm not worried about integrity of the story, it would be weird if it changed during the manga GTO but this is a sequel so why worry about it.

2c8e2ad05f6c9fa5039a4d85fc17acb8.jpg

eduard34

eduard34

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDevon, South Molton

It's perfect for me, with new technology comes with new problems (a good example would be the whole naked picture sending fiasco with the vice principals daughter ) with new problems hopefully we will get new scenarios and such