Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TREE OF SAVIOR - Ragnarok Online’s Successor(Anime MMORPG)

tree of savior ragnarok online mmorpg mmo anime ragnarok free to play projectr1

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Forgot about this thread.

I've been keeping up on the information regarding this game.

Will be playing this when it comes out on April 28 because I don't want to play on the founder server.

I've played for a medium amount of time on the iCBT 1 and 2. I was lucky to get a key.

7RSvaxX.png

I'm going to be playing a QS3 Musketeer.

I love yuri...

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
I've checked the trailers and such out and was already quite into it, but then found out that the game is limited for the Windows platform only.

Ah well, too bad.

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

I won't play it until its free to play. Still 23 days to go.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
What's the price tag?

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

What's the price tag?

supposedly f2p after 28th of April!

i wonder if it's going to be p2w though

interested!! 

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Shit, I got suckered in. I bought the 9.99 founder pack, lol.

This game had a really rough launch.

It feels so gimped with all the restrictions they have just to combat gold selling.

However, I'd like to believe this has potential.

I love yuri...

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
Are you recording your adventures for YouTube?

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Nope, lol. Takes too much space on my hdd when you try to record in-game.

Also pretty busy leveling gems, making money, leveling up, and finding mats for gears... On top of doing dungeons, missions, quests, saalus missions... Welp, yeah.

I love yuri...

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

I've seen many reasons not to play this game on the reviews. I'll try it soon anyway, but all the hype died already, too many retarded restrictions.

Ragnarok had no Auction House so that doesn't bother me, but it had 1:1 trade. I hope classes can vendor without using tokens ( real money thingy).

Even if you buy tokens to be able to trade you can't trade with someone who didn't buy that shit.

I'm hoping it's good enough to overcome all the bullshit but I highly doubt it. I wouldn't even bother trying it if I hadn't already installed it when it was "released" on steam.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Ya, that's what I said. Game feels gimped because of the restrictions. They're loosening up a bit though, which is all I can wish for, for now.

Vendor? There's no merchant class like in ragnarok, if that's what you mean. But you can choose a squire and/or an alchemist to put up a repair/upgrade/weaponbuff/gem-whatever shop. (Too much competition on squire though and for alchemist, you'd only be able to put up a shop near end game since gem-whatever skills are rank 7.)

EDIT: And I guess, a pardoner, (buff shop).

This is the fairest review I could find.

Spoiler

The good thing about tokens is that you could buy it using silver you've earned in-game. I bought mine with silver and not with real cash. It's dirt cheap too. I got my first token when I was about lvl 90-100. Now I'm stocking up on tokens.

I think in the later patches you could trade with token-less people, iirc.

If you want to sell items on the AH, then you'd definitely want a token. Token increases your cap to 10 items listed. Token-less people would be able to register 1.

To that, I'd say, there's not a lot of things to sell early game anyway, so by the time you have something worth selling, I'd expect you to have enough silver to buy a token in-game.

Edited by Little Yuri, 29 April 2016 - 11:33 PM.

I love yuri...

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
/remembers playing Ragnarok Online

/Had a 99/70 ME High Priest and a 99/70 Caster Blitz Ninja, and a 99/70 Gank Stalker.

/Contemplates this new game.

/Remembers the grind required to get to 99/70.

Yeahhellno.

original.jpg

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 29 April 2016 - 09:44 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

@The Hawk's Eye

>Have a 253 Cannoneer and working on my 2nd char.

Spoiler

>Have a 150 GX at iRO (Quit during the 165 patch)

Having a max level in Ragnarok and an almost max level in ToS, yeah, I can safely say it's not as grindy as Ragnarok.

I remember every bit of leveling I did in iRO and it was traumatic as fuck. It was near impossible if you weren't VIP status and that cost real money.

I've played RO for several years.

The similarities in RO and ToS are mainly just the art style and vast classes, job systems and skills. Other than that, eh, OST maybe?

Any other questions/preconceptions I could answer/squash? I know the pros and cons of the game, though the guy in the video I linked summarized it pretty well.

Edited by Little Yuri, 29 April 2016 - 11:46 PM.

I love yuri...

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
Your lodge doesn't have a stripper's pole. Very disappointing.

Edited by Naifu, 30 April 2016 - 12:56 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

Played a bit, level twenty something, the game seems alright so far. 

I can only complain about lag at this point.

I tried to buy shit from AH but it doesn't seem to be working atm.

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Played a bit, level twenty something, the game seems alright so far. 

I can only complain about lag at this point.

I tried to buy shit from AH but it doesn't seem to be working atm.

What server do you play on?
SA and both SEA servers are very laggy because of the overall population.

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior

^In case you need any general help (or keep up w/ patches or something, don't browse the main forums.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/tosbuilds

^In case you need help on a class build or something.

I love yuri...

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

What server do you play on?

Playing in Orsha.

I've given up on completing collections, too much grind, I'll just buy the stuff that I didn't get questing from the AH when money rains eventually.

Or maybe I'll just give up playing because Stellaris, my Kroach army needs to take over the universe.

Wizards can cast their spells and then have to walk around waiting for their cooldowns to go down, so boring, so time wasting.

Their Aoe range isn't that great either, the mobs don't agro as easily as in other games either, so farming for items or silver is boring and if you can't enjoy it then it's a waste of time.

In other words meh. 

I was even thinking about buying silver, but It seems they can't directly trade it to you, and doing indirect shit seems like a pain.

Edited by Murdath, 14 May 2016 - 03:27 AM.

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

I play in Orsha too and I feel no lag. What's your internet speed? Mine is comcast 100mbps. Do you also live near the server? It's located in Virginia iirc. I live somewhere in IL.

You should just do collections near the end when you have more money to spend and it's easier to farm because you're stronger. (Also having more collections because of visiting more maps late game means it's easier to plan what you're going to buy or farm.)

Personally, I haven't grinded till 155+ excluding the exp reset in 186.

Also, it's a korean game. I was surprised the grinding was introduced mid/late game and not early game.

^If, that's what you meant by grinding, but if not, then grinding collections? That seems like a personal decision problem. Collections do not give anything noteworthy, unless it's for completion's sake? If its stats, then you can just focus on them late game for easier mat gathering or buying.

That's the thing with classes, they have their ups and downs, like in any other mmo.

Wizards are bad early game but great end game. They always get top priority in parties.

Swordies are great early game but bad end game.

Archers are sort of in the middle.

I'd say clerics are in the middle as well.

Just wanted to know where you're comparing this game? If it's RO, then e-e. RO wizards are pretty bad early game and great late game.

I can personally say that the grind in this game is less than the mmo's I've played. Less than Tera, RO, Dragon Nest, Blade and Soul.

Like in any game, there will always be cookie cutter builds.

In RO, it was Gene, Sura, RK's for easy money.

In ToS? It's going to be Wizard3/Ele3/Warlock1

Archer2/Ranger2/fletcher3

^Those are the top dps as far as I know.

And... Buying silver? K, I'm done. I lose respect for people who even think about buying silver.

I was top 3 in silver making from mobs when I wasn't even trying. That says a lot. That's not counting the silver I make selling stuff in AH. (I'm not top 3 now because I was busy making another character.)

Spoiler

Edited by Little Yuri, 14 May 2016 - 05:30 AM.

I love yuri...

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

And... Buying silver? K, I'm done. I lose respect for people who even think about buying silver.

I was top 3 in silver making from mobs when I wasn't even trying. That says a lot. That's not counting the silver I make selling stuff in AH. (I'm not top 3 now because I was busy making another character.)

I can only play 2 or 3 hours a day, life, work and university take most of my time, and when I come home I'm too tired to be willing to do boring stuff. I'll probably try other classes later. So yeah, if I can skip a few days of grinding just to buy equipment I would. Doesn't seem like I'll need to anyway, someone just told me some bosses always drop a piece of equipment, and that there is a nice set dropping at a level 24 map for early levels.

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

I can only play 2 or 3 hours a day, life, work and university take most of my time, and when I come home I'm too tired to be willing to do boring stuff. I'll probably try other classes later. So yeah, if I can skip a few days of grinding just to buy equipment I would. Doesn't seem like I'll need to anyway, someone just told me some bosses always drop a piece of equipment, and that there is a nice set dropping at a level 24 map for early levels.

Good point. It's like that with most mmo's. It's hard to progress when you're putting little time even if you like putting that much time or not. I don't even play much now because I went back to practicing drawing. (Probably also the reason why I'm not top 3 anymore.) But I have to say no one should result to buying silver. It's just not right doing that to people who've spent several years developing something just for you to support people ruining their games. You're supporting the destruction of the game. That's one of the reasons why there's a lot of restrictions in this game, just to combat gold selling. If people just didn't buy gold/silver, then these stupid restrictions wouldn't even need to be here.

If you find low level stuff boring, then I don't know. It stays a little bit the same much like how Tera tries to change high level questing vs low level questing. It's a little bit like that. Personally, when I was low level, I enjoyed the ost while questing. Much like I enjoyed the ost while mind numbingly grinding from 0-150 in RO. Kinda saying if it wasn't for the ost in RO, then I wouldn't have bothered grinding there. But that's beside the point. I just enjoyed the ost while questing in ToS. I also enjoyed the artwork/art each of the maps have. (Right now because I'm near end-game, level 264, I'm just hunting for collections to get stats for my new chars, trying to get cute headgears <_<, doing dungeons for money, then I go back to practicing drawing.)

I really don't get grinding in lower levels? Care to elaborate? I never grinded in lower levels, I'm really curious as to where you're trying to grind right now.

Let me guess, before tenet garden? Level 40 map, right? Or near pantos?

Quests bosses kinda drop inconsistent stuff. BUT. There's a nice set called Cafrisun. It's a low level set that provides you with an extra hit and some stats. It's dirt cheap. I believe it's still 5k a piece right now. Most of the people took this set to near level 200. (I did too because it's kinda op like that, for my class at least.)

Edited by Little Yuri, 14 May 2016 - 06:29 AM.

I love yuri...

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

I'm just hunting for collections to get stats for my new chars, trying to get cute headgears <_<

I really don't get grinding in lower levels? Care to elaborate? I never grinded in lower levels, I'm really curious as to where you're trying to grind right now.

I was grinding for headgear, to complete collections and to get blue gems. Even though collections buffs are small, they add up nicely if you have a lot.

There's a nice set called Cafrisun. It's a low level set that provides you with an extra hit and some stats. It's dirt cheap. I believe it's still 5k a piece right now. Most of the people took this set to near level 200. (I did too because it's kinda op like that, for my class at least.)

I think it's that set the one I was talking about, I'll find out today hopefully, since I don't take classes on saturdays.

Most of the people took this set to near level 200. (I did too because it's kinda op like that, for my class at least.)

Yep, all that additional hit stuff is nice, I will probably end up buying enchanting scrolls for headgear when I get them.