Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sword art Online II anime

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Good news: 

The first episode of the second season of Sword Art Online aired today 

Additionally, it will be 24 Episodes.

Episode one was pretty much about what happened in chapter one of the manga here. 

Here is the opening of the anime:

What will it cover?

I am not sure, but volumes five and six of the light novel will be included for sure since these are where the "phantom bullet" arc takes place.

The first season covered about four volumes, although it also included a bit of Sword Art Online: Progressive Volume one (which is a remake which starts from floor one and doesn't suddenly jump all the way to floor 74)

Don't get your hopes up for the Alicitation arc, it is quite too extensive to be fit in SAO II:

Volume 09- Alicitation Beginning

Volume 10- Alicitation Running

Volume 11- Alicitation Turning

Volume 12- Alicitation Rising

Volume 13- Alicitation Dividing

Volume 14- Alicitation Uniting

Volume 15- Alicitation Invading (will be released in August this year)

And each of these volumes are about 300 pages long. And yes it is VERY important because aside from Kirito risking his bacon (again) it represents the link between Accel World and Sword Art Online.

Spoiler

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

LetoShade

LetoShade

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

And each of these volumes are about 300 pages long. And yes it is VERY important because aside from Kirito risking his bacon (again) it represents the link between Accel World and Sword Art Online.

Errr when was this the case? I never would have guessed those two series were remotely related. True i've mostly been watching the anime and not reading the light novels but how long has this been the case?

M.A.D

M.A.D

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts

What will it cover?

I am not sure, but volumes five and six of the light novel will be included for sure since these are where the "phantom bullet" arc takes place.

The first season covered about four volumes, although it also included a bit of Sword Art Online: Progressive Volume one (which is a remake which starts from floor one and doesn't suddenly jump all the way to floor 74)

Yeah, usually 4-6 episodes is enough to cover one average-lengthed novel, so I guess we're looking for enough materials to fill up at least 2 more books once we've finished with Phantom Bullet arc. Maybe Mother's Rosario? It's a direct sequel to Phantom Bullet, and long enough to cover up to 6 episodes more. That leaves around 6 episodes more. I think the producers can just squeeze in a bunch of side stories for them, maybe even some original fillers like that episode with the swimsuits. 

Errr when was this the case? I never would have guessed those two series were remotely related. True i've mostly been watching the anime and not reading the light novels but how long has this been the case?

Kawahara had made an official announcement that SAO and AW are not of the same timeline. However, even that doesn't stop his fans speculating the opposite due to the similarities of certain elements that both appear in AW and SAO. These elements were made the most apparent in Alicization arc, but after reading it and then go back to read the previous arcs, you can catch a lot of hints scattered around all the way back to Volume 1. 

Novel Spoiler:

Spoiler

It's possible that when he first wrote it, Kawahara might have intended to put them on the same timeline, but then later decided against it because it would limit both novel's directions. Either ways, from Alicization arc, especially the end of it, you too, can imagine how everything in SAO could be connected to AW like a grand saga once you've read the novel.

...or do you believe, that the individual can steer the ship of self, to his port of choice, however emphatically the world may try to blow him? - JoJo

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Yeah, usually 4-6 episodes is enough to cover one average-lengthed novel, so I guess we're looking for enough materials to fill up at least 2 more books once we've finished with Phantom Bullet arc. Maybe Mother's Rosario? It's a direct sequel to Phantom Bullet, and long enough to cover up to 6 episodes more. That leaves around 6 episodes more. I think the producers can just squeeze in a bunch of side stories for them, maybe even some original fillers like that episode with the swimsuits. 

Kawahara had made an official announcement that SAO and AW are not of the same timeline. However, even that doesn't stop his fans speculating the opposite due to the similarities of certain elements that both appear in AW and SAO. These elements were made the most apparent in Alicization arc, but after reading it and then go back to read the previous arcs, you can catch a lot of hints scattered around all the way back to Volume 1. 

Novel Spoiler:

Spoiler

It's possible that when he first wrote it, Kawahara might have intended to put them on the same timeline, but then later decided against it because it would limit both novel's directions. Either ways, from Alicization arc, especially the end of it, you too, can imagine how everything in SAO could be connected to AW like a grand saga once you've read the novel.

Exactly. SAO and AW are in the same universe, but AW is timestepped about 20-30 years into the future. 

Reason:

1. The requirement to be a burst linker is to wear the neuro linker since birth which was introduced about 16 years prior to the events in AW. And Kirito's long term goal appears to be the creation of a AR-machine capable of doing... well, what the neuro linker can do. (I am not sure myself as the LN hasn't reached that point yet, but I think Kirito was the one who actually invented the Neuro linker using the data from the soul translator)

2. SAO timeline:
    SAO_Timeline.png

So the earliest time possible for the release of the "Neuro linker" would be about half a year after the events of the alicitation arc (but only if the REALLY hurried with getting it into a portable size), meaning about 4 years after the beginning of SAO. Most likely, the development of the quantum network took a bit longer so the neuro linker was published in the decade after that. 

In other words, AW most likely begins about 20-30 years after the beginning of the events in SAO

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)