Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

hmmm, this manga "kinda" resembles other manga

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

UnholyCrap

UnholyCrap

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

This is just TOO similar to Infinite Stratos, weirdly i hate IS but i actually like Hundred... anyway i wanted to know if this manga have something to do with IS, like is this from the same people responsible for IS (like the progressive story line from SAO)...

Edited by ThirtyFiveAdams, 04 July 2014 - 01:10 AM.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

This is just TOO similar to Infinite Stratos, weirdly i hate IS but i actually like Hundred... anyway i wanted to know if this manga have something to do with IS, like is this from the same people responsible for IS (like the progressive story line from SAO)...

This is obviously a rip off of IS. That being said, it seems to have a better plot-line, the MC is more normal and sensible rather than just dense, and best of all, the girls around him are not all freaking yandere's! I cannot stand how all the IS girls try to kill the MC whenever they get mad at him! One or maybe two I can buy and understand. But all of them now? WTF?

ranashadow

ranashadow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yeah but sometimes you cant release a manga without it being somewhat similar to another because theres so many of them. Especially when it comes to harem/mecha etc. TBH I kinda like it. I dont care if its a bit like IS. Doesnt make it bad at all

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
I'm just thrilled this story hasn't earned a harem tag yet. As long as it doesn't, i'll keep reading. Seems like it could go that way at any moment though.

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

I'm just thrilled this story hasn't earned a harem tag yet. As long as it doesn't, i'll keep reading. Seems like it could go that way at any moment though.

It seems our MC is pritty set on Emil.

I see simlarities between this and IS but i gotta say Hundred has been alot better since the protag isn't just straight up retarded... I also kinda like how in hundred the mineral that created the mechs came with the savages, it makes for a cliche enemy but its better than some secret/evil organisation and the idea that the reason people can use said weapons is related to said savages and isn't just gender specific exept for our unsuspecting protag helps the story alot more than how IS dealt with it... If they ever explained that it took them far too long.

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
I agree. In my opinion the harem thing is so grossly overplayed in general that this Manga deserves a high place among the ecchi greats just for avoiding it... if it can really avoid the temptation.

2 good signs thus far are 1) another male character besides the MC who actually has the chops to date a female character. And 2) I think someone mentioned the MC's obvious preference for one other character.

Wish they wouldn't have shoehorned in the brother complex (another grossly over played theme) but I'm gonna count my blessings. ;)

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

I don't mind harems or incest/sis or bro cons... Its how the protag deals with it, they are either indecisive or just plain oblivious so far we have a MC thats not stupid, oblivious or indesicive. I hate it when a mangaka uses shit like that to justify having a harem gather in the cases where it does work out the protag has to have redeeming qualities or show change in the right direction along with intresting female leads who have intresting/diverse personalities.

If incest is going to happen don't halfarse that shit. I feel like at one point or another i've enjoyed the cliches but after seeing it done again and again it starts to become predictable... a dull/over used story can be redeemed by the characters and dull characters can be redeemed by an engaging or intresting story... heck even the cliches and overused stuff can be good if the mangaka has intresting characters or story.

Edited by Beelz, 21 August 2014 - 02:11 PM.

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Good point. I guess it's all the dreck associated with those tags that really irritates me. Knights of Sidonia might have a harem tag but the unique elements of the story and the quality of the MC keep me interested.

And d@mmit the harem tag just showed up on this manga. I'll give it another few chapters & see.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Yeah but sometimes you cant release a manga without it being somewhat similar to another because theres so many of them. Especially when it comes to harem/mecha etc. TBH I kinda like it. I dont care if its a bit like IS. Doesnt make it bad at all.

Considering how Emil is a dead ringer for Charl from IS in both looks and living arrangements, it is obviously a rip. That being said, this series is better than that one in many ways. So I have no complaints about Misaki improving on that other guy's original ideas.

Good point. I guess it's all the dreck associated with those tags that really irritates me. Knights of Sidonia might have a harem tag but the unique elements of the story and the quality of the MC keep me interested.

And d@mmit the harem tag just showed up on this manga. I'll give it another few chapters & see.

So what if the people running this site slapped another tag on it? What matters is how we personally feel about the story and nothing else. Simple as that. Unless of course you like to let complete strangers tell you what you read. In which case, knock yourself out.

Edited by Jdog, 23 November 2014 - 02:56 AM.

SillPlain

SillPlain

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

IS IS IS this is most similar to IS. 1st time i read this it immediately remind me of IS!!