Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse from LINE, the official translation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Warning: Its for mobile page

http://m.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=87

Google play download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.linewebtoon

App store soon to come

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

http://m.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=87

Yup, the latest chapter. I saw that yesterday.........the latest of TOG was there as well. Though those are the only ones I saw that had any new chapters at all, the rest I looked at were all still just the old, three or four chapters from way back when.

Oh, I take it back, Girls of the Wild's has the latest chapter too.

Edited by svines85, 02 July 2014 - 06:43 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts

Don't forget God of Highschool and Hive has 20 chapters translated out of 24!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Don't forget God of Highschool and Hive has 20 chapters translated out of 24!

Do they? That's good, I wondered if there were any others yet. I don't read those so I didn't check 'em.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Blackheart

Blackheart

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

The dialogue feels a bit stilted in some places. I occasionally read lines like this - 

"Gechutel, came right on time to save you."

The translator doesn't seem totally familiar with conversational English. An Korean University student studying English, perhaps? 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

The dialogue feels a bit stilted in some places. I occasionally read lines like this - 

"Gechutel, came right on time to save you."

The translator doesn't seem totally familiar with conversational English. An Korean University student studying English, perhaps? 

I personally don't think it's just that........though I definitely agree with what you're saying. I started on the line webtoon version of today's chapter and frankly had problems with what was being said almost immediately. I only read about 10 frames worth before I abandoned it. They've (that chapter at least) got some bona fide translation problems..........it was glaringly obvious I though.   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

My guess: Korean students who just returned from the U.S. after studying there. Many Asian students abroad stick to their own communities while overseas, so they fail to master the English language, yet still manage to pick up a whole pile of slang. :\

I don't know what the Noblesse translations are like (couldn't bear reading more than a few chapters), but some other series are full of insufferable slang. ;_;

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

on FB they posted a video of the author & artist (who are adorable btw!), it just makes me so excited to see their work get international attention. I love Noblesse to the core.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=264512660421901&set=vb.249767048563129&type=2&theater

hooray! Just hope n pray for better translations so these wonderful people -- all of webtoons -- may have their amazing works viewed at their best possible quality. 

lol roll lol

Blackheart

Blackheart

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

My guess: Korean students who just returned from the U.S. after studying there. Many Asian students abroad stick to their own communities while overseas, so they fail to master the English language, yet still manage to pick up a whole pile of slang. :\

I don't know what the Noblesse translations are like (couldn't bear reading more than a few chapters), but some other series are full of insufferable slang. ;_;

Yeah, I noticed that. Koreans tend to learn English through memorization.

This line underneath the title of the "Girls of the Wild's" cracked me up.

"Jae Gu Song is a good but ginger bread boy. He is the only male...."

LOL, what?  I'm actually looking forward to reading the "Engrish" translations.

PS - I highly recommend the webtoon "Distant Sky." The English translation is only available on that site, as far as I can tell. It's one of the few webtoons with a coherent, grounded plot, and It's not as culture specific. "Sidekick" is kinda fun.

Edited by Blackheart, 10 July 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I'm a bit confused, I had thought that EGS said they would stop translating Noblesse because Naver asked them too. So why are they still putting out new chapters?

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts

In a post called "Naver Project Status" Noblesse was under "status pending" but EGS continued releasing, just that you could only download via IRC. All the chapters in the online viewer were removed, evidently here as well.