Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Do you have a "uber fail" name too?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Chynabrack

Chynabrack

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBehind you... or not

When i read the first chapter i though 'Its the story of my life' hahahaha just kidding.

My name is Paul and it became a 'uber fail' name since i live in a non-speaking english country,  paul is pronounced equal to the sound *bang* here and remember a red alien from teletubbies, Po.

Today i laugh remembering about the jokes but i got pissed when was a kid, well children are children and dont miss the chance to make fun about your name, was something like this:

boy: paul paul paul(since its sound like *bang*)

me: Whats up?

boy: lol i'm not calling you, i'm playing police see (shows fingergun)

or the just sang the teletubbies song: Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po! i once had a friend called Lala a short for her name like Jojo.

Yeah that was not cool, hahahahahaha today i always laugh remembering :D and after 10 years the joke lose its fun, (really was something about 10 years)

So if u have a uber fail name too why dont share with us? dont need to say your real name or some other information if you dont want to, just write your story. 

I hope u had fun with my story :D

PS: sorry if i wrote something with bad grammar

Edited by Chynabrack, 01 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

defry

defry

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

My name is Liviu which is pronounced as live-you.. I'm in Ireland and with an irish accent, leave-you is basically the same a leave-you.

At school, when a teacher would ask my name... I'd just say "Liviu", the teacher then would get mad and say "the cheek of you, how dare you talk back to me and tell me to leave" and then I'd go... "noooo, my name is Leeeeeeeveeeeeeeee-youuuu... it's spelled L-i-v-i-u!" They'd keep shouting but in the end they'd apologize after they see the roll call.

At times they'd be like jokes like "I liviu[leave you]" or peeps joking telling me leave like this: "liviu". Or... at times they'd say I loviu.

Tetigistus

Tetigistus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

There was a guy named Luke Walker in my high school. I didn't really know him or anything, but on the day of our graduation, they called his full name: "Luke Sky Walker".  Everyone ROARED.  It was hilarious.  He made it through all four year of high school without anyone ever finding out his middle name.

Baximus

Baximus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

The only thing fail about my name is that it's completely and entirely normal. Perhaps it's even beyond normal — it's ungodly common.

I once had a class where 3 other people had the same first name as me.

Really..?

Three people..?

Please sympathize. Humans are inherently overemotional creatures, so it's only natural that they'd take pride in absurd surnames and vague, illogical notions erupting thereof. But I couldn't even do that, because my name is Adam.

I've probably erased the memories from my mind, but I bet I had traumatic experiences in elementary school because of my name.

Laciremun

Laciremun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorthern Finland

Nothing wrong with my own name, but my acquaintance's name is 'Ukko' which in Finnish is a word for 'old man'. Of course there are people with names like Taisto, Voitto and Rauha... [Battle, Victory, Peace]

imercenary

imercenary

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

The only thing fail about my name is that it's completely and entirely normal. Perhaps it's even beyond normal — it's ungodly common.

I once had a class where 3 other people had the same first name as me.

Really..?

Three people..?

Please sympathize. Humans are inherently overemotional creatures, so it's only natural that they'd take pride in absurd surnames and vague, illogical notions erupting thereof. But I couldn't even do that, because my name is Adam.

I've probably erased the memories from my mind, but I bet I had traumatic experiences in elementary school because of my name.

I can top that.

I once had a class where 2 other people had the same first name as me, AND our last names were in alphabetical order.

B(rown)

C(hang)

D(*can't spell his last name for my life*)

Naturally the result was Steven B, Steven C and Steven D like our names were generic "NPC B, NPC C, NPC D"

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Why is everyone talking about their common names in an uber fail names thread?

Though I sort of live with both, on one side my first name is ranked as the most common one in my country, I share that name with four other people of my same highchool year, as well as my brother, father, uncle and grandfather, and seems tht whenever I try joining a group of people, there's always at least one with that name too.

On the other hand my last name is a japanese one, that seems to mean stomach (I know people are named after things, but seriously, an organ?!), and as if that wasn't enough, later I found out that there's a word in arabic pronounced the same way... and means shit.

MFHafizhan

MFHafizhan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMalang, Yndonesia, Earth

I have a friend back on high school that is named 'Pedang', meaning sword. His little brother is named 'Tombak', meaning spear.

On the other hand, the arabic name Saifullah is pretty common here, and it literally means Sword of God.

nfzeta007

nfzeta007

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Not sure how much this counts since its fairly popular in certain places but my name's "Yuri" and i'm male, thankfully its based off a Russian name and not a Japanese one.

pijoed

pijoed

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
Though my name isn't exactly "bad", it has a meaning that can be make fun off. Not as hardcore like tenshi or akuma. More like it's lame?

Back in the day, I used to be bad. Really really bad..... I pick fight with everyone who make fun of my name. Unlike Tachibana.... I only hit them if I hear them giggle when utter my name. It's a pain.... I end being bullied but I live, nyahahaha....
I beat back everyone who bully me even upperclassments. One way or another, I start to like my own name. Having unique name is convenience when you is checking your name off the roster and as username's ID. Probably, the positive attitude I give away and I no longer "flip", make people start to open up and befriend me. I still don't like giving away my name till now though especially to foreigners. Hearing them mispronounced my name, burn me too....

Edited by pijoed, 26 March 2015 - 02:27 PM.

Kisato

Kisato

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

My name is Matthew, which is one of the most generic names and contrasting names possible, but then it's followed by my last name of Ha, and I don't need to count how many times I've been called "Matthew Ha Ha Ha".

DarkGrifter

DarkGrifter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Deigo

My Last name is Humphrey said like Hump-free 
The only real comment I will make on it is that small children are very, very mean haha.

BOTTLE MASTER

Mitsukinee

Mitsukinee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEscaping Reality

My name is Lia, when I was little they would always shout "Careful, careful! If you get close to Lia, you'll end up in a lio!". Where I live, lio means mess, and they would always be awfully bothersome about it, even teachers would use it against me when bad stuff happened at my school. ;-;