Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Welcome to my sharing gallery, especially colorists :D

Coloring

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMystical Booger Forest

Hi, I have been looking around the graphix forum section and I see that there are some of you colorists out there that ask for line art to color. So after thinking about what to share to you folks from the things I do I decided to choose the things that I actually wanted colored by other people at some point. That way not only am I sharing what I do to you folks I'm also kinda offering you a means to practice coloring and hopefully inspire you to further your skills. I'll start this post by posting one work immediately of my sheep people. this is a sharing gallery so once you've colored it in feel free to post it in this thread as well.

Here is where my user picture is from. I drew this using pencils and then inked it in then colored with Alcohol based markers. Most people seem to prefer Copic but I'm honestly fine with Kurecolor or Letraset. This one is fairly recent since I started fully clothing my sheep people. They used to be more exposed before to better identify them as sheep but my want to put more things to the drawing got the better of me.

Attached File  Sheep Samurai and Sohei Colored.jpg   169.16KB   1 downloads

Here is the uncolored version right after I inked it in. I welcome any of you to color this in anyway you wish.

Attached File  Sheep Samurai and Sohei.jpg   185.82KB   0 downloads

I hope you fellows enjoy, I'll post more of this stuff soon if this picks up, have to find some of the other stuff and see if their line work is still available.

Edited by Tertiusviducius, 29 June 2014 - 03:57 AM.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

I see no one has opted to color my work oh well. I'll just share the other one and some of my other drawings then to actually just give this thread a better semblance of a 'gallery'.

Here is another one. Colored with Alcohol Markers.

Attached File  Ice Cream Cake Sheep Colored Resized.jpg   194.82KB   0 downloads

And here is the uncolored version.

Attached File  Ice Cream Cake Sheep resized.jpg   173.33KB   0 downloads

These are the only two I can find that I scanned inked line art of that I can find among my drawings. If I make anymore I might post them in the future.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Wow, very awesome, both of them. Though I have to admit I'm partial to Sheep Samurai........that had to have been some work what with all that detail. :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Heh, it is indeed, but its fun to do.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

I'll try using an image hosting site from here on end. Okay, so I was able to find another one that I scanned right after inking.

Here is the original pencil drawing

Spoiler

Here is it is inked

Spoiler

And here it is colored

Spoiler

To be honest though I personally prefer it when it was still in pencil. This is one of the times I regret inking and coloring it.

Edited by Tertiusviducius, 14 July 2014 - 02:34 AM.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

A little bit more for this gallery. I'll just post my sheep related stuff.

Spoiler

Majority of what I will be posting for now are sheep people dressed up to look like the people of Japan during the days of Shoguns and Daimyos.

Spoiler
Spoiler

^ Kamakura period infantry

Spoiler

^ Sohei

Spoiler

^ Chibi versions

Spoiler

^ The right most sheep is based of an actual print

Spoiler

^ Based on a print by Hiroshige

Spoiler

^ Done back when I was on my 2nd year in University. Used oil and acrylic.

That's it for the Japanese Sheep for now.

Edited by Tertiusviducius, 14 July 2014 - 02:32 AM.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Holy shiiiet man, you've got some serious talent and skill there. Amaazing o.o

I'll try using an image hosting site from here on end. Okay, so I was able to find another one that I scanned right after inking.

Here is the original pencil drawing

Spoiler

Here is it is inked
Spoiler

And here it is colored
Spoiler

To be honest though I personally prefer it when it was still in pencil.

I agree, I like the colours, but it feels like the uh character of the pencil version is lost..? idk I'm certainly no expert haha

A little bit more for this gallery. I'll just post my sheep related stuff.

Majority of what I will be posting for now are sheep people dressed up to look like the people of Japan during the days of Shoguns and Daimyos.

Spoiler

Spoiler

^ Kamakura period infantry

Spoiler

^ Sohei

Spoiler

^ Chibi versions

Spoiler

^ The right most sheep is based of an actual print

Spoiler

^ Based on a print by Hiroshige

^ Done back when I was on my 2nd year in University. Used oil and acrylic.

That's it for the Japanese Sheep for now.

So.
Much.
Detail.
Especially the Kamakura and Sohei period infantry
And the facial expressions xD

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

Glave

Glave

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEverywhere in Nowhere
I liek the pencil art better :D

Spoiler

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Even some of my professors back then preferred my pencil work over those that I did color. Well suffice to say I do have more pencil work art than colored ones among the works I have actually done (excluding the paintings).

@You: Yeah, you actually are accurate with that. That is almost exactly how I feel about the difference between the colored one and the bare pencil work with that Sheep hair stylist. Something was indeed lost between the colored and inked version and the pencil version and I dare say it is very well the characters.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

Can you be my hero? I love your talent and skills, its REALLY REALLY amazing :D

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Can you be my hero? I love your talent and skills, its REALLY REALLY amazing :D

Thank you. Dunno how I can be you're hero though :D

Anyway today I planned to submit more stuff to this gallery. More sheep but no more Japanese for now.

Spoiler

This crude painting was done in a desperate attempt to have something to submit in class... Well it paid of since despite its utter crudeness I did get a decent grade for it. This was a few years back when I was still a student. It was based on the painting by American artist Edward Hooper  titled "Nighthawks".

Spoiler

One of the early sheep drawings when I started drawing sheep people back in 2006.

Spoiler

The following year I made this, inspired by the whole stories crossing over with each other in some comics then I asked a friend if I could use her cutesy monsters to duke it out with the sheep. This is the result.

Spoiler

Another crossover, this time with CookiemagiK's llamas. CookiemagiK is an emoticon creator over at deviantart. He has gif where he made a llama army with those laser shooting ones and helicopter llamas marching and flying across the desert. With his permission I made this.

Spoiler

This was suppose to be a redo of the Sheep vs. Llama thing where I would have made 2 parts to show a bigger picture... Sadly I was then mired with projects from university that I forgot about it and lost the original copy (I can only assume it got stashed away somewhere in some box when my family decided to do some major cleaning... tend to loose things whenever that happens). Only this scanned version of it remains.

Spoiler

For class... a dancing sheep.

Spoiler

North Korean sheep

Edited by Tertiusviducius, 14 July 2014 - 02:36 AM.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Here, posting my latest sketch.

Spoiler

Its suppose to be a sketch of Sakuya Izayoi as requested by Kirbee. However the outcome did not look like her so much. Oh well.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Woah, those are some seriously awesome sketch you have there o.o

Edited by fayrine, 30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Woah, those are some seriously awesome sketch you have there o.o

Thank you.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Yep, its that time again... Time to just dump stuff here.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Somewhat 'stylized' drawings of some girls.

Spoiler

Some kind of warrior princess character MC for a make believe universe of some such for an RPG game that has been circling around my circle of friends for well over 14 years now.

Spoiler

An attempt to mangatize my drawing that somehow turned out pretty okay according to my buddies... you guys be the judge though.

Spoiler

All because I watched the 1995 movie titled "A Little Princess".

Spoiler

A drawing of the actual Alice Liddell from which Lewis Carroll named his Alice after since it was Alice Liddell that requested him to write it down during a fine summer outing way back when. Now she's holding a creature which was originally suppose to be an anthropomorphized sheep but honestly turned into something even I can't identify... so... eh...

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

i really like the first 2

aovnZo7.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Thanks. I personally have mixed feelings about those two but there are a number of people that like them though.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Two new additions

Spoiler

Many people assume its Napoleon. It technically isn't but it can pass for him since 1. The clothes are Napoleonic and 2. He does look like him in a way. Its a character study for an RPG world that has a nation that was patterned after Napoleonic France.

Spoiler

Nobility from said nation that was patterned after Napoleonic France.

More to come soon for those of you that come and look here every once in awhile... I'll also try and add in some stuff that is inked in so that I can share again the name sake and purpose of this thread.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Here, something new in this gallery for those that may want to try coloring it.

Spoiler

Woman Dragoon Officer from a fantasy world.

Spoiler

And here it is colored... I am disappointed with the outcome though.

Edited by Tertiusviducius, 23 October 2014 - 03:38 PM.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Wendiz

Wendiz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

Wow! I love your illustrations!! Especially the historical stuff!

Can I find you on other sites too or do you just post here?

I'd love to follow you on a site I'm more active on hahah!