Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Comic with no chapters (in any language)? - ask why here...

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Old Thread: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/10098-comic-with-no-chapters/

----

Post the link of Comic/s that have No Chapters in any Language if it is not Marked with the recently released "[no chapters]" Tag.

For Example:

• Comics with no Chapters in English, but Chapters in Turkish, Spanish, etc - Do NOT report.
  • Comics with no Chapters - No English, Spanish, Portuguese, etc chapters... in no language whatsoever - post here, with the link to the Comic.

If you are unable to edit because the Comic is Locked, or any particular reason, then post here and it will be taken care of.

If you can edit the Comic Description or Genres, then please do so. But make sure that there are no Chapters in any language before editing. And make sure that the Information you are entering is Correct.

-----------------------------------

For Your Knowledge:

There are several reasons as to why a Comic may not have any uploaded Chapters. The most prominent may be one, or more of the following:

(1) The group that worked on the comic doesn't allow us to host it.
(2) The comic has been locked by the moderation team due to Content Inappropriate for Batoto
(3) There are only scans of the English publication available, i.e., No Scanlations.
(4) Simply no chapters have been added yet.

We will try put information in to the description of the comic from now on, but if you see a comic with no chapters and want to know what's "wrong" with it you can ask for the information on it to be updated here.

For anyone who wants to help update the Comic Information:

Members and Moderators:

Here are some standard notices that can be used and added to the comics description for 1) and 3). If you do help please make sure the information you add is correct, by for example double-checking with Mangaupdates or Other Manga Resource websites.

(1) - Due to Scanlator's Policies.

============Notice================
Unfortunately this comic (or parts of it) has been Scanlated by groups that don't allow uploading or Rehosting on Batoto. Sorry for the Inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

(3) - "Official Scans"

============Notice================
Unfortunately the only chapters available are direct scans from the English Publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============

(2) - Moderator Review / Inappropriate Content  - Those cases will be handled by Moderators Only

------

Edited by Seraphic Mist, 28 June 2014 - 06:33 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

-------

Since the [no chapters] tag has been recently added as a "searchable" term/tag, I assumed it'd be beneficial if anyone who could readily come up with the older titles in the library that met that criteria would go add the tag to them. I've added the ones I can identify, but there are a number that actually have the entire page (genres included) locked...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/aki-sora-locked-r550

This is a list of the ones I know about but can't add the tag to. Just thought I'd bring them to the staff's attention :)

Edited by Seraphic Mist, 28 June 2014 - 05:41 PM.
Updated

Tn7HA0h.png

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

All done. Thanks for reporting!! <3

If you found more, add them here~

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
I'll probably parse whole Batoto later to find comics that have no chapters.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

All done. Thanks for reporting!! <3

If you found more, add them here~

No problem  :)

I'll probably parse whole Batoto later to find comics that have no chapters.

If there's some easier way to do it that'd be a good thing too. I'm no whiz on the computer so I'd guess there was but I really have no idea myself. I keep multiple lists though so it wasn't that big of a deal to just go and search them with the couple/few obvious categories........but yeah, even though it probably amounted to fifty or so titles (yeah, I know, I'm terrible  :D ) I seriously doubt that's all of them.

Tn7HA0h.png

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

if only there were a way to sort results by chapters released (sorry to say, but like on MF)... that'd make the job a whole lot easier. (you could order results by "last update" and "ascending", but that counts updates to the series as a whole, not just chapters.)

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
I have a list with almost all comics and how many English chapters they have. There are exactly 1518 comics that have no chapters in English (as of ~2 weeks ago).
I can modify my script a bit and get a list of comics that have no chapters at all, but I have some other things to do for the next few days.
And I think querying the DB might solve it easier, but we'd need Grumpy for that.

Edited by Gendalph, 21 June 2014 - 01:41 AM.

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

I can modify my script a bit and get a list of comics that have no chapters at all, but I have some other things to do for the next few days.

Subject to (Your) availability and other people agreeing, could you list the comics that have No chapters whatsoever - irrespective of language? I think that is what should be considered as "No Chapters".

Pinning this thread till we see the logical conclusion. :]

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
Grumpy has no issues with this, so I don't see any obstacles.
I'll post the list when it's done.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Just out of curiosity, this one...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/testing-r412

had the [no chapters] tag, and, figuring it "technically" wasn't right I removed it only to see it added again almost immediately (like next day-ish immediately that is)........I left it alone after that thinking it might well be a staff decision that it have that tag. Anybody know that's actually the case though?

Tn7HA0h.png

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Removed~

Locked so other cant edit it.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
That comic exists for testing purposes and is NOT meant to be found normally.
So it can have ANY tags or none at all.

Rous Merick

Rous Merick

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEn lo recondito de mi ordenador
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/rhapsody-in-heaven-r7655
encontré este y es por que lo estaba leyendo espero y sirva

Attached Files

Edited by Gendalph, 26 June 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
I've taken a look at it on mangaupdates and I'm not sure we should host that manga.
As for your screenshot: we're not going to scrape mangafox for various reasons.

We will look into it and our decision will be reflected on comic page.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Just out of curiosity, this one...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/testing-r412

had the [no chapters] tag, and, figuring it "technically" wasn't right I removed it only to see it added again almost immediately (like next day-ish immediately that is)........I left it alone after that thinking it might well be a staff decision that it have that tag. Anybody know that's actually the case though?

I do my testing with this comic and I used it to confirm that the [no chapters] tag worked. The only reason why I haven't added it again is that people might want to find it.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I do my testing with this comic and I used it to confirm that the [no chapters] tag worked. The only reason why I haven't added it again is that people might want to find it.

Yeah, that's cool, it's kind of an oddity, which is why I brought it up......I just wasn't sure. It's not a "normal" title, but there is content.........cute kitten gifs and such, I've looked through quite a bit of it when I've seen it appear for whatever reason.........so yeah, I kinda figured that putting the [no chapters] tag on it would be considered inaccurate. What can I say, if it's an exception that's fine.......but yeah, inaccuracies bug me when I see 'em  :D

Speaking of which, this one just appeared on the list today and makes me wonder about the same thing....

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/kms-potato-times-r11782

In the description it says it's there to "show possible manga for scanlators to work on".........but having the [no chapters] tag on it would seem to lower the chances of people ever seeing it (in search results, my figuring that the tag would most likely be used as an exclusionary term.)

And just to mention it,  I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but just out of curiosity I've taken a look at search results for [no chapters] titles over the last week or so...........the tag's appearing on titles that actually do have chapters on a regular basis. It seems like it's all related to the non-English chapters. I guess whoever is adding the tag isn't considering their language settings. I've removed it from about twenty-five titles over the last six or seven days.

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

I don't know who added the "No Chapters" tag, but the point of the Tag essentially was for Comics and their related Chapters.

Testing-intended Comics, Placeholders and the like.. technically "No Chapters" is the default tag to be put - since it's neither a comic, nor does it have chapters of it's own - Is what the person who edited it must have thought. But since, as said before, people might want to find this Comic. I'll remove the "No Chapters" Tag.

Obviously, this is going to be on a case-by-case basis. Thanks for reporting it, svines!

EDIT: Yes, you are right. People seem to be slapping on "No Chapters" very liberally, without even taking the trouble to check for other languages. I haven't seen as many cases as you (What I mainly saw was Doujinshi in other languages) But the problem does exist.

Edited by Seraphic Mist, 28 June 2014 - 06:27 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

I guess a cynical person like myself should have known better.....saying something about it seems to have been a jinx. Twenty-two titles......the [no chapters] tag was added incorrectly to twenty-two separate titles in the last five hours or so.  >_<

I just removed them.........all the same, the only chapters are non-English......I have no idea how they're even coming up. The "random" button I guess? I don't know what to say.

Tn7HA0h.png

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
Done some coding and testing and now I have a working script that can look through whole Batoto.
However there is one "but" - it takes over 10 hours for it to browse through whole site, so in next few days I'll be modifying it some more and soon I'll post results of my work.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I suppose you could add the [no chapters] tag to tog   http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/tower-of-god-r1

I would have, but it's locked.

Tn7HA0h.png