Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tags

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Disparity

Disparity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Tragedy tag? It's not on the site yet, but this is one of favorite comics. I've read it a whole bunch and a hard copy, and so it could do with a little bit of Tragedy. 

Solanin is totally a bit of a drama, definitely Seinen. But 'Slice of life' makes it seem happier than the story actually is. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Yes, it's listed with "tragedy" as a tag elsewhere. It's actually a complete title, both the original work and "scanlated(?)" in English........and the quotes on scanlated is 'cuz the English scanlated version I looked at looks suspiciously professional. I mean it is a title that's licensed (and published) in English. >_<

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2833

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/solanin/

http://www.amazon.com/Solanin-Inio-Asano/dp/1421523213/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403213419&sr=1-1&keywords=solanin (and I believe this is an omnibus type issue which has both original volumes, published in English, in it)

Edited by svines85, 19 June 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

and just because this is a forum thread and I can say anything I want (unlike the comments section on the comics page).....and because this thread is specifically about "tags"................I'll just say I've removed the [no chapters] tag from this twice already now.......

6b43871d84.png

but this manga DOES have chapters. Mistakes happen, but intentional vandalism is directly addressed in the rules.......

70ac3e7161.png

Tn7HA0h.png

Disparity

Disparity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I haven't done enough to break any rules, all I've done is make a thread and point out the obvious. I didn't touch any of the tags for the comic, nor did I vandalize anything. All I did was make this thread saying it needs a tragedy tag .

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I haven't done enough to break any rules, all I've done is make a thread and point out the obvious. I didn't touch any of the tags for the comic, nor did I vandalize anything. All I did was make this thread saying it needs a tragedy tag .

Haha! Oh no, I wasn't directing that at you, not at all :D

No, most likely someone's got all their language settings but English turned off and just doesn't realize there are actually Spanish language chapters there.........I'm just hoping to get whoever's attention so no interested Spanish reading fans don't get to read this when they exclude "no chapter" manga from their searches.  This was just a handy place to leave a note was all.   :)

Tn7HA0h.png