Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Enemy is... [spoiler?]

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Since I started reading this, I was thinking that the boy might actually be the demon lord. Somehow he came there when looping and in the end there were two of them. One the orginal and the other is from another dimension aka demon lord.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

mashqi

mashqi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i get that feeling too. Anyway this is really an interesting manga.

GiantEyedSquirrel

GiantEyedSquirrel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYour Inner Mind

The past hero could also be the demon lord too.

Edited by GiantEyedSquirrel, 22 June 2014 - 02:02 AM.

May everything be done in moderation

kidc

kidc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Except there is one flaw.

He ended up killing the demon lord because he had his town destroyed.

If it's an infinite loop, since he is training now before his town is destroyed, what happened in the first pages.

I think the Demon Lord is the father.

kid1421

kid1421

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

not really, because only memory that come back to the past, not the body....

Tsenzei

Tsenzei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Except there is one flaw.

He ended up killing the demon lord because he had his town destroyed.

If it's an infinite loop, since he is training now before his town is destroyed, what happened in the first pages.

I think the Demon Lord is the father.

Think about it this way: He could have used the stone twice now.  The first time, he went back after some tragedy or other mishap, but he couldn't go back "far enough" so he went Demon Lord route to get the power charged up again.  Or, he didn't want to keep his memories of sacrificing half of the humans, so he purposefully let himself get killed after making sure his proto-Hero-self had no choice but to bet on random magical artifacts and have the motivation after going back to become strong enough to deal with the "real" threat.

Sort of a Batman Gambit (for those of you familiar with TVTropes' entry on that) based on how he remembered his older self.

Of course, this could be over-complicating what ends up being a much more simple plot.  Personally, I don't know what to think, though I do think the above scenario could be "cool."  I just (presently) think that his taking of certain shortcuts will backfire, and that his Criteria for a Hero (Money, Luck, Followers/Worshipers) could apply just as well to a Demon Lord.

But even that is simply wild speculation with no real basis in anything significant.

koutaro

koutaro

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts

The hero 300 years ago was probably the current demon lord, and also he probably deemed that the outcome of the battle was not the right choice so he decided to go back in time. But he got defeated by the current hero(or probably got his body transferred into the past before hero could do anything), now the hero gained the crystal and went back he's gonna try and stop the invasion from happening. I'm thinking on the later parts the hero would switch side as soon as he learns of some truth, and try to deal the problem not by using the crystal to go back 300 years ago but to try and solve it by doings things in the present to. (probably the same usual demons discrimination, no real peace involved)

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

I agree it seems rudolf was the demon lord. And later on the MC is gonna become the new demon lord.

Khress

Khress

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Him becoming the new Demon Lord is quite implausible.

Its possible that the current demon lord is the hero Rudolf, but our MC wont become the new one.

Since  Rudolf wanted to go back in time and was defeated before he collected enough mana to do so. and our MC already is back.

2. problem: the current demon lord should have lost/or cant find the dragons hearth now, since its with our MC, so timetravel doesnt work for now. (except there could be 2 now. but thats inconsisent with the magic)

so the future should have already changed, since the reason for the invasion should have been the people to sacrifice for the hearth, which is gone now. And if there are 2 hearths now, which again, i dont believe there should be, the only future that changed is the MCs

Tsenzei

Tsenzei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Finding the Heart might also have been part of the reason for the invasion, particularly if it has been in the Demon Lord's possession to begin with, he's likely to notice that it suddenly vanished (was used by someone other than himself).  In fact, it's very possible that this will up the time-table of the invasion, or change the initial point of invasion, which would throw off the MC's plans either way.

Of course, if the Demon Lord invaded originally in order to get the Heart, then that time-table will still be on-track.  Unless the MC can become a "Hero" and prevent the invasion, it's still going to happen.  However, becoming a "Hero" is only a means to an end.  All he really wants is the ability to influence the demons and keep the humans he knows and cares about from being killed.  He's said himself that he's willing to use any cheap or cowardly tactic, and I don't think that's quite limited to tunneling through mountains to bypass dungeons.  If he sees a way to become the Demon Lord (or King, etc.) to gain the necessary influence, I think he'd at least consider it.

I also don't think he would be above trying to "fill" the Heart himself if his current Newgame+ doesn't have the results he wants.  This, however, is just based on my interpretation of the character.  Desperation and loss can be very powerful motivators, as the comic is already showing the reader.

But hey, it could always turn out to be incredibly straightforward.  The Demon Lord might not even be any ex-Hero of any time-line.  The willingness to take short-cuts could simply be the MC's capacity to "work smarter, not harder" as McDuck would say, rather than an "ends justifies the means" attitude.  The difference being that generally one is praiseworthy while the other is concerning.

If the writing and story is done as well or better than it has been so far, I think it'll be a good tale either way.

assassin0223

assassin0223

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Chapter 3 pages 7 and 8: MC might have multiple souls in his body and that increased his mana/caused him to become stronger?

Sounds like a reason for the demon king to invade humanity and prepare the time travel magic, right?

Maybe demon king traveled multiple times to the past, making him stronger, but why do that? Something related to the first time travel magic attempt? Power? His queen?

And when demon king became really strong, he made the mistake of lowering his guard against the hero -> current situation

Now give me a cookie.

Masadeer

Masadeer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

he defeated the demon lord, so unless he got severely crippled, subsequent time travelling should make him significantly stronger. Hence it is unlikely that his future self is the demon lord. 

panzercracker

panzercracker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Still, he may can't beat his aging.

xion03

xion03

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

right, because four years are such a long time, right?

anyway, as has become absolutely clear in this chapter: it can't be himself because his souls merged. there is only on of him

Sunsa

Sunsa

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 55 posts
  • LocationThe Milky Way

Well I thought he was going to turn into a demon lord at the first chapter when he touch the stone. Lol

But like everyone said it's not possible. Since only his soul got transport back, so no matter what there is only 1 of him exist the current world. 

(Not the mention the soul merging theory) 

Agrypnia Scans is currently hiring Japanese Translators and Editors

RECRUITMENT

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Personally, I don't believe there'll be another attempt to travel through time.

If Kail becomes the Demon Lord, then there wont be another "Magic Swordsman Kail, leader of the suicide squad" to oppose/kill him because there is only one Kail (our protagonist) in this world. That would mean destiny has to move a few strings to create a replacement for Kail (like a random boy who survives the destruction of his village etc...) causing a perpetual loop where every hero is doomed to travel back in time to become the next Demon Lord, only to be killed by another Hero who in turn becomes the next Demon Lord etc.

Such a plot would be very philosophical and it might be interesting to see if/how the hero plans to break out of the cycle, BUT: What could possibly happen that causes Kail to prefer slaugthering a quarter of the continent over the alternative?

Kail's acting the way he does because he wants to prevent the sudden invasion of the Demon Lord which destroyed the village he grew up in and killed his friends. Chances are Kail is NOT the current Demon Lord nor will he become one in this cycle. Kyles motivation is to prevent a slaugther after all, and IF he becomes the Demon Lord, what happens to his companions? Will the follow him without a second thought and become his Demon Generals? Don't think so... They are the reason he's doing all this in the first place.

If Kail does NOT become the Demon Lord, the question is: Who is the Demon Lord and why does he need this much mana in the first place?

Whatever Demon Lord's motive might be, he either needs more power or more time to gather power to achieve his goals. Roland (the last hero) appears to be a very probable candidate for the current Demon Lord. After the defeat of the last Demon Lord there were 300 years of peace, something a former human hero might be interested in. Or his descendants...

I dont understand why there can't be 2 Dragon Hearts. The one in Kail's possession is obviously from the previous world and if it isn't:

Why is it more credible that a magic ritual in another dimension moves an artifact like that from one location somewhere in the world into the hands of our protagonist? Isn't it simpler to assume that the enormous amount of mana is needed to store a soul inside the heart, teleport the heart into the past (or another "branch" as the swordspirit says) and fuse the 2 souls?

Just because my keys aren't where I left them doesn't mean Future-Me suddenly had a need for them and built a machine that sucked up 25% of all the electricity in the world to move through time...

Besides, I really want to see Kail whip out "his" Dragon Heart and show it to the current Demon Lord. Imagine the plot that might follow...

Damn_Skippy

Damn_Skippy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in NYC

Let's see where it goes. 

The truth hurts but sometimes it's damn funny

baba7866

baba7866

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

i'm guessing this is actually about human abusing time traveling which we assumed there is only suppose to be 1 dragon heart,what if we get a ton of those heart around since most of the owner get to time travel and the real reason why the dark lord needed so much was because he could turn time back to when the dragon was alive and save it from getting killed so that all this won't happen

(PS for a dragon that is so strong to challenged god dying seems BS to me)

Edited by baba7866, 04 October 2014 - 01:56 PM.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Ok, for a fantasy setting the "save world from time-travel by traveling back in time to prevent the invention of timetravel" idea is rather new... dont think anyone already made a manga/story about that.

And if the dragon strong enough to challenge gos dies... maybe that means the magic kingdom was just as strong as the dragon and was also able to challenge god.

Ai-chan

Ai-chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Ok, for a fantasy setting the "save world from time-travel by traveling back in time to prevent the invention of timetravel" idea is rather new... dont think anyone already made a manga/story about that.

And if the dragon strong enough to challenge gos dies... maybe that means the magic kingdom was just as strong as the dragon and was also able to challenge god.

Sildonia did mention that they were pretending to be gods. So they probably could challenge god, though winning is another matter.