Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Are the girls based on the 7 deadly sins?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

After seeing the latest chapter with the ever sleeping girl, I was starting to wonder if the girsl happen to be based on the 7 deadly sins.
If you think about it:

• Shikimura Masami: The glasses girl with the money and the Bondage sessions.
    She might be greed. Not because of the fact that she's the one hadning out the money, but rather that she desires a specific feeling and demands more of that. (I admit this is the weakest argument in this list.)
  • Satsuki Ikari: The Childhoodfriend and serial killer.
    Wrath. She is the most "brutal" of all the characters in the story, and rage doesn't have to manifest in the fury of a berserker
  • Banjou Yoruko: The Ninja/Knight/Bodyguard
    Pride would be the sin that fits her the most. She has a "distorted" perception of herelf and beliefs herself to be superior to the other women in the story. Or at the very least that the others are inferior and not worthy of the protagonist
  • Tsubasa Tooka: The stalker
    Considering that she acts the most amorous of the female characters I'd peg her as Lust.
  • Uchida Yumeji: The sleeping princess
    She's Sloth. There isn't much that can be said about her...
  • Okui Akane: The vampire
    Gluttony. She feeds on other people, how could she be more gluttonous?
  • Mitane Mei: the little sister
    Envy. The way she prohibits contact with other people convinced me to cast her as Envy instead of Lust (she kissed her brother as soon as she was introduced after all)

EDIT: (01.06.2015) Have a look at axiont's post (#7). I think he sorted them correctly. The OP stays as it was for posterity and maybe someone else wants to add something

Edited by Namorax, 01 June 2015 - 12:00 PM.

TheTerorThatFlapsInTheNite

TheTerorThatFlapsInTheNite

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

That's a really good point but I feel like Masami is "Lust". Lust as a sin is defined as a desire for pleasure-specifically of the flesh, even drug addiction can count as a form of lust. as for envy that might be Tooka while Mei is greed because "envy" is the longing for what others have and "jealousy" is the protective urge to keep one's own. That would make Mei greedy of her brother. Though I can't say any of this for certain because the author could have interpreted and expressed these concepts differently.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Looks like your way of matching girls/sins fits a bit better.

I wonder what the protagonist is supposed to be in this situation. In a certain way he's a bit like all of them, the way he's displaying similar behavior.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

I think Masami would be more qualified for lust- but I have to admit greed doesn't really easily apply to any of them.

But the distinctions can get fuzzy sometimes, as greed, lust & gluttony can kind of run together unless you get really particular about meanings.

Oh, but yeah- after reexamining the characters, it's really obviously tied into the 7 deadly sins, good catch.

Edited by bushwhacker2k, 15 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

"This statement is not true."

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Since Greed is difficult to assign, there is always the bit with the money (at least that's the way it is for me): The one time the protagonist needs money he goes to Masami. And its not pocket change, no matter how easily she parts with it. Add the fact that Masami's house/apartment gives the impression of her being rather rich, we end up with a girl who seems to be the richest person in the story so far.

Its a bad way to assign Greed, but until we learn more its the best I can think of.

Edited by Namorax, 16 June 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Baximus

Baximus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I will admit the idea's appealing, but I doubt it's actually the case.

aixont

aixont

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS
Sister - envy (she is the jealous one)
Stalker - greed (wants to know everything about mc)
Vampire - gluttony (always hungry for his blood)
Servant - pride (no explanation needed)
Masochist - lust (constantly lusting after mc)
Serial killer - wrath (randomly kills people)
Sleeping beauty - sloth (always asleep)

if you read the chapter carefully the stalker once had this crazed look in her eyes, mumbling about wanting to know everything about the mc. You can only assign her with greed because Vamp has to be gluttony and if u give the sister greed than who would be envy? The sister is the only jealous one.

Nano Death!

Nano Death!

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGiran

I think it never happen. Its just list the type of wreid girls u can find.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

I think it never happen. Its just list the type of wreid girls u can find.

It would be easier to list the "normal" girls instead.
I wonder where the Tsujigiri story will be going...

Traz

Traz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I honestly don't think it can apply here, there's more than seven girls for one and the author doesn't strike me as one someone who'd care for the concept.

ExceleXodusKurokami

ExceleXodusKurokami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

I honestly think that this list is entirely wrong because ALL of the girls are filled with greed for the MC. All of them want him in one way or another and all of them believe that he should be with them only, though I think the stalker is the only one who doesn't mind him being around the other girls. (so long as she can watch)

While some do indeed fit into one or another of the Sins, they all delve into the ones they aren't properly 'aligned' with. For instance, the stalker, vampire, maso girl, sister and the knight are all filled with greed for the MC, while the childhood friend/yandere, the vampire and the knight have all shown aspects of wrath. The vampire and the knight both have their own twisted senses of pride, which is part of the reason why they cannot stand each other, while the stalker and yandere would go so far as to kill a man to protect the MC and his sister, showing their wrathful aspects off. The sister and the stalker are both filled with envy, while the stalker and the maso girl are lustful for the MC. As it stands, no one girl fits any of those perfectly. The little sister also shows a much more yandere side than the knight and the childhood friend, just far less violent.

The MC is the center of all these 'evil' girls, and, from where we are taking this discussion, there is only one being that breeds these sins into the hearts of mankind. The MC is the 'Devil.'

Edited by ExceleXodusKurokami, 04 September 2015 - 06:36 PM.

enigmabloom

enigmabloom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Just switch Masami with Tooka.

Masami = Lust, bearing the sin of bodily pleasure through her perversions.

Tooka = Greed, has an incessant need to consume anything pertaining to Shinya.