Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Teo Rakan Nr 1 or Nr 2 Fighter in the Fighter Guild?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationAnywhere and Nowhere

Sorry for the lame question, been a long time ago I've read the early season 2 chapters so...:

Somehow, my mind is making me believe that Teo, despite being the president is actually nr 2 fighter. I don't understand what makes me believe so, but I remember reading somewhere that she was ranked: 9th in magic and 2nd in "fighting(?)". IF my memory serves right, then who the hell is the top dawg?

I was stuck under impression that Teo is pretty damn strong, probably even able to fight a Raskhasa in their true form (albeit not 4v1 tho). I mean we have the examples such as Airi Yui, so it would make sence that she would at the very least hold her own for a short/moderate period of time. This brings me to the following question:

If Teo being nr 2 is true, then how badass is that nr. 1 guy/gal? Pretty damn sure that it has to be a monster in terms of speed/strength. My bet is that Nr 1 is most likely a half with a strong god-item.

P.S Ignore the speculation if it turns out that Teo is nr 1

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Sorry for the lame question, been a long time ago I've read the early season 2 chapters so...:

Somehow, my mind is making me believe that Teo, despite being the president is actually nr 2 fighter. I don't understand what makes me believe so, but I remember reading somewhere that she was ranked: 9th in magic and 2nd in "fighting(?)". IF my memory serves right, then who the hell is the top dawg?

I was stuck under impression that Teo is pretty damn strong, probably even able to fight a Raskhasa in their true form (albeit not 4v1 tho). I mean we have the examples such as Airi Yui, so it would make sence that she would at the very least hold her own for a short/moderate period of time. This brings me to the following question:

If Teo being nr 2 is true, then how badass is that nr. 1 guy/gal? Pretty damn sure that it has to be a monster in terms of speed/strength. My bet is that Nr 1 is most likely a half with a strong god-item.

P.S Ignore the speculation if it turns out that Teo is nr 1

I think Elwin says something to Teo. "'That's because you are strong, Teo-Nim! Although you're still weaker than Airi-Nim." (Lost (1))

So I would guess Airi is #1

Edited by Tierra, 09 June 2014 - 10:52 PM.

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

But Airi is a Magician, she doesn't have any ties to the Fighter Guild other than joining a few tournaments? And if she was nr 1, author would have revealed it?

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Hm. I don't think Teo would be so grouchy if Airi was better in magic. Fighting is her forte and she takes it bad that Airi is better than her.. That's how I get it.

Maybe the top-ranking fighter is the guy that was shown in the room in front of the sword-room? There were a total of 5 people: zard, clary, ran, leez and some unknown guy who just sat there, reading. He must have had really good scores. (Test of the Sword (5)). we never saw him again... o_o

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

isiana

isiana

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

I always thought Kasak was the number 1 fighter. He did win 2 fighting tournaments right? Or it could just be someone from Eloth who we haven't seen - maybe the head of the Fighter department at Eloth's university.

Edited by isiana, 09 June 2014 - 11:07 PM.

microlm

microlm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 355 posts

I'm pretty sure it's Airi though? Airi may be a ranked magician (and so is Teo for that matter), but I think her career is fighter. In the chapter where Brillith goes to buy a dress from Lorraine, Airi tells Lorraine that "she is but a simple fighter" or something along those lines.

Edited by microlm, 09 June 2014 - 11:31 PM.

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

People seriously, author would have revealed Kasak and Airi being nr 1 - and she did not.

Also can anyone confirm if Teo is actually nr 2?

isiana

isiana

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

85AfRun.png

It was shown that she was the #2 Fighter during the Test of the Sword. This was a long time after her introduction though.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

As said, Teo is ranked #2.

Kasak's blog profile actually mentions that he's unranked because he hasn't participated in fighter tournaments in a while (and apparently back when he did, people complained that it was boring because it became too predictable).

So, Teo is ranked #2, Airi is probably ranked #1, Kasak is actual #1.

Note that from Ran's flashbacks in season 1, we know that the junior tournaments have rules imposed on quarters and Halfs. That must be true of the adult tournaments too. So, Teo, as a quarter, probably wasn't allowed to fight to her full capability (ch. 58), while Airi can. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Airi is ranked highly. She's Super hard to kill with her ability, especially against a human opponent.

Edited by Mizura, 10 June 2014 - 12:18 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

I'm still hoping for some kickass halfie with amazing swordplay, oh and a cool god-item of course! We need more badass halfs other than Yuta (well he is a half XD) and Kasak.

P.S tnx for the info Isiana, glad I wasn't wrong

Edited by DemonSoul, 10 June 2014 - 12:41 AM.

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts

I wonder what rank Ran would have been if he put more effort into becoming a fighter.

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

They could be keeping #1 vacant in honor of Rao Leez or on the slim chance that he is still alive.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I'm still hoping for some kickass halfie with amazing swordplay, oh and a cool god-item of course! We need more badass halfs other than Yuta (well he is a half XD) and Kasak.

P.S tnx for the info Isiana, glad I wasn't wrong

Humans spamming Hoti Kubera can apparently match the strength of Halfs. I imagine there are restrictions on spells, weapons and transcendentals during the tournament. In particular, I imagine god-level weapons aren't allowed, and spells are probably limited to buff-type spells, healing and a few others (I kind of doubt people are raining down Hoti Agni during a -fighter- tournament). There may be additional rules that make it more than a show of pure strength (for example, getting someone outside the ring maybe).

This means Teo, for example, probably isn't allowed to use her special sword, and maybe not her transcendentals either (not sure about this). Teo seems to be the type to use weapons though, whereas Airi is the type to use her fists. If the rules of the grown-up tournament are the same as the junior tournament, then Teo would have been allowed to Either use a normal-ish sword or hoti kubera, not both. That would have put her at a disadvantage in fighting style compared to Airi.

There's a small possibility that during the match, Teo used Hoti Kubera, but Airi used a seal on her (Bhavati Asvins can seal both spells and transcendentals). xD There's absolutely nothing to support this, but if this did happen, it wouldn't be surprising for Teo to hate Airi. lol. (again, no support for this whatsoever, just a funny scenario that occurred to me)

Kasak would most certainly not have been allowed to transform, but he's a mofo dragon anyway. xD

I truly believe that Ran would be among the top fighters right now if not for his phobia. He won the junior championships before, and he had the highest score for the test of the sword of Re after Leez. In ch. 2-35, he could have broken all 100 boards if he tried harder, whereas a "Yaksha Half" broke only 70 (they were most likely talking about Parr). And that's without Hoti Kubera, which he is quite good at using.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

I never understood; shouldn't a triple-kali have like zero chance of pulling off spells? How does Teo use Hoti Kubera?

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ No, Triple Kali have high failure rates, but not 100%.

I forgot if the exact percentages were ever mentioned...

3492bk6.jpg

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

^ No, Triple Kali have high failure rates, but not 100%.
I forgot if the exact percentages were ever mentioned...

She has success rate of 50%, I believe.

And to make it worse, she would have only couple of chance per day even for that.. (If you don't have the attributr, Hoti is once per day naturally, but can practice to use it more often.)

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 10 June 2014 - 10:38 AM.

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Man having tripple Kali sucks sometimes, although the trade-off seems pretty decent. Like ignore 99% of the damage from magic as far as I remember - that's pretty much insane.

The only transcendentals that would hurt her would probably be from a powerful nastika firing his Creme de La Creme attack, and even then 99% damage ignore....

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

To the best of my recollection Ari  is number one , she won the last tournament , I'm away from my computer for two weeks a.nd don't have good access

DemonSoul

DemonSoul

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Mizura, this blog thing you are talking about - is it for koreans only? Sounds lame if author puts out a lot of important info on her blogs instead of webcomic chapters. How will I as a non-korean speaker be able to accsess that info. Like for example: Kubera wiki doesn't state that Kasak is unranked, in fact it doesn't even mention him having any connection to the fighter guild.

Does anyone have translation of authors blog?

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

No translations sadly. There are bits and pieces scattered around, but nothing systematic. The author doesn't want her blog information reproduced elsewhere, and that seems to include translations. The English scanlations aren't exactly legal in the first place, so she doesn't really owe anything to the English readers, so...

That said, the stuff she puts into her blog are stuff she considers unnecessary to understanding the story, and it usually is. Some of the info on there is useful to deducing some stuff, but she will always eventually reveal the important stuff within the webtoon as well. Well, most people miss the clues in the webtoon in the first place...

Have you read my structure essay? I think I actually understand why she chose to do what she did. Currygom nearly only reveals information that is useful for resolving one of the many questions in her story. The information within the webtoon form trails of 'clues' that eventually leads to answers. The way Currygom leaves out trivia means that you can safely read into nearly every bit of info she provides, instead of drowning and getting side-tracked by trivia (and there'd be a lot of trivia). It's sad for the rest of us, who are really interested in her worldbuilding, but it's a decision I do understand and doesn't penalize her intended Korean fandom (which can always find the info on the blog).

There's this other webtoon called Knight Run. To be honest, when I read That one, I'm pretty glad that Currygom stuffs a lot of stuff into her blog, because man all those names and such can be annoying (in my humble opinion). D:

Edited by Mizura, 10 June 2014 - 02:02 PM.

3492bk6.jpg