Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Re:Monster Light Novel.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Please post only the LN, to thank or make any comment use the other forum:
(to prevent flooding and make a easy reading)
quick F.A.Q
1-Who is doing the LN?
R:Only Vidar but nothing official
2:When it comes out?
R: When Vidar or another translator  feel like doing the translation
3:Where is the days 1~13?
R: the days 1~13,are equivalent to the 3 chapters of manga
4-I want to try translate or i want try use the G.T (Google Translator )
----- END -------
Credits for the TL: Vidar

Edited by Kuroganekai, 10 June 2014 - 11:53 AM.

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

Earl Lagas

Earl Lagas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAsia

porkopio did Prologue(before reincarnation), Day 1 to 4 but day 4 is still incomplete.

Click Me to read his post.

Or, simply read his work below. 

Spoiler

@Kuroganekai

Might as well put that block of text with a spoiler tag.

----

I hope someone edits Vidar and porkopio's work to make it easier to read like with their typos and Gob-Mi-chan's name which was previously Gobbi-chan.

Edited by Earl Lagas, 09 June 2014 - 04:33 PM.

j4mag

j4mag

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

You are my favorite people.

bababadsheep

bababadsheep

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

What are the rules on QCing and Editing? I wouldn't mind putting the hours in to help get this brought up to date, but don't want to meddle in any ways that would hinder or harm the project. I haven't taken any English or writing courses since I graduated high school, but did finish those years with a 7 in IB HL English(if that even counts as a qualification of any kind). Can't assist with actual translation either, only googletranslate-fu, but I already am seeing some awkward writing (which may just be the low quality writing inherent in LNs), and I would like to help fix stuff like that.

Let me know if there is a way I can help.

falconbane

falconbane

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

the quality of writing isn't low in the LN, not at all, it's just that the way the language work is really awkward for certain translation.  Aside from context, there's also the grammatical differences.  The TLers are likely trying to translate it faithfully, you might want to read up on the first comment of the first page on the googledoc though, there might be some changes soon if you plan on helping on editing.

Part of the Re:Translation team, we are currently doing your mom the following

Current Re:Monster (51-60) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OdMbQTY56O8BVTYqqwgAChjQqmy5R-xbh2jEGZbuZ0o/preview

EC - http://ecwebnovel.blogspot.ca

Tsuyokute New Saga - it's out there somewhere, forgot link, oops!

Master of Monster - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DL6dpctSl_DME-4cnnZ8mkfCIb9nIMlu8P8JhDU-it8/preview

Currently reading (LN):  Arifureta, Ark, Kill No More, Maouyuu Maou Yasha, Mondaiji, Mushoku Tensei, Spice and Wolf, etc...

Currently Playing:  Dwarf Fortress 2014 (if I go missing, it's holding me hostage)

bababadsheep

bababadsheep

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

the quality of writing isn't low in the LN, not at all, it's just that the way the language work is really awkward for certain translation.  Aside from context, there's also the grammatical differences.  The TLers are likely trying to translate it faithfully, you might want to read up on the first comment of the first page on the googledoc though, there might be some changes soon if you plan on helping on editing.

Aye-aye captain. I am told Japanese grammar is a bitch and a half, so I understand completely. I will read up indeed.

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
I've noticed that the translations quality has improved alot in the more recent chapters. I'm not complaining but I am curious and wanna ask if something was changed recently on the translation/editing side?

falconbane

falconbane

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

We have a better process now, some of the earlier chapters were Translated -> Edited properly -> Some derp edited it wrong, losing some context -> some derp thought they can edit it better, losing all context -> the result you see.

Others also threw in machine translation and edited and no one bothered to do a raw check (I only did raw check from day 15, day 24 soon).  We have also started using book version instead of the web version (minor difference, but publications usually go through one round of internal edit). 

The main difference is that we have decent editing now (for one, long edits cannot be done onto the part being edited unless it's minor grammar edits).  We don't have anon editors, that "think" they know what they are doing, messing up the place, and TLers can check that context haven't been lost through the edit. 

Part of the Re:Translation team, we are currently doing your mom the following

Current Re:Monster (51-60) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OdMbQTY56O8BVTYqqwgAChjQqmy5R-xbh2jEGZbuZ0o/preview

EC - http://ecwebnovel.blogspot.ca

Tsuyokute New Saga - it's out there somewhere, forgot link, oops!

Master of Monster - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DL6dpctSl_DME-4cnnZ8mkfCIb9nIMlu8P8JhDU-it8/preview

Currently reading (LN):  Arifureta, Ark, Kill No More, Maouyuu Maou Yasha, Mondaiji, Mushoku Tensei, Spice and Wolf, etc...

Currently Playing:  Dwarf Fortress 2014 (if I go missing, it's holding me hostage)

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
New google document that is going to be used from now on:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3dgjAyK3_qRdVhEaXl3Q3lGOUk&usp=sharing

psy0

psy0

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
Is there a way for us to have a sign up for translators? Like which sections, days, etc... Otherwise, despite having 4 translators on board, only one will be translating and the others will be wondering what they should be doing. And then they will feel there are too many translators and start dropping the translation...we might end up with no translators if that happens.

Should we have a list of chapters and which translator is working on what? If possible please have the editors listed too...if they are known.

Edited by psy0, 24 June 2014 - 04:23 AM.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

Pals you're doing a great job, thanks again for the time you put in this.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

CptCupcake

CptCupcake

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

Is there a way for us to have a sign up for translators? Like which sections, days, etc... Otherwise, despite having 4 translators on board, only one will be translating and the others will be wondering what they should be doing. And then they will feel there are too many translators and start dropping the translation...we might end up with no translators if that happens.

Should we have a list of chapters and which translator is working on what? If possible please have the editors listed too...if they are known.

Check https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4_7X1QuhiH9m3M8sHUlblKsHDAGpEOwymLPTyCfHH0/edit for the staff list and what not, it gets updated fairly regularly.

So far we have a system that seems to work so dw about TLers dropping this due to lack of communication.

StoicGuard

StoicGuard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

I hate that I have my hands full with 3 classes, a literally 24/7 career (military) and various responsibilities which have halted the miniscule progress towards learning japanese I've made. I am so impatient to read Re:Monster that I almost find it worth it to forsake other obligations! (which would be bad. very bad.)

malachai's-spawn

malachai's-spawn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChillin at my Azmodean beachfront home. Loving the view of this subterran lava lake.
No disrespect but I was wondering whether you TLing a prereleased novel, or as it gets updated?
Look upon me and tremble.
For I am the last face you shall ever see.
I am "Doom"!!

Master Lee

Master Lee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Days 1-50 of the light novel are found on Japtem

malachai's-spawn

malachai's-spawn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChillin at my Azmodean beachfront home. Loving the view of this subterran lava lake.

Days 1-50 of the light novel are found on Japtem

I've gone through the light novel. It's okay, but they cut out a major section of story during posting. It's there in the manga. It does mess with the flow of the story though.
Other than those guys, is any other group translating the manga?
And is there an english .epub file out there perhaps?
I am "Doom"!!

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I've gone through the light novel. It's okay, but they cut out a major section of story during posting. It's there in the manga. It does mess with the flow of the story though.
Other than those guys, is any other group translating the manga?
And is there an english .epub file out there perhaps?

If you're referring to the Day 11 to Day 13 cut in content, I understand. At the time when Re:translations started working on the light novel, a few of the manga chapters were already out, so no one bothered to translate it due to the content already existing in another form. Basically, it was an excuse to go further into the story without having to rehash content everyone had already seen. Everyone was giddy and anxious, you know? I believe Vidar or someone else may translate it at a later date. *shrugs*

There's only one group doing the manga, which would be /ak/ scans. It appears Fried Squid Scans is helping them out though?

For the light novel translations? Why? Just save it to your Drive* and it will be put into your Drive* folder on your computer...

*Google

Edited by Xagnam, 30 July 2014 - 03:13 AM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

banisher

banisher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationRaw Novel World

I got some news that the china side translators has started work on translating this novel. They are going to translate the first arc before releasing it to see the popularity.

Check out Re:Monster Wiki  !!
Check out Soul Land Wiki  !!
Check out Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Wiki !!
Check out Monster Tamer Wiki !!

Check out Only Sense Online Wiki !!

malachai's-spawn

malachai's-spawn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

If you're referring to the Day 11 to Day 13 cut in content, I understand. At the time when Re:translations started working on the light novel, a few of the manga chapters were already out, so no one bothered to translate it due to the content already existing in another form. Basically, it was an excuse to go further into the story without having to rehash content everyone had already seen. Everyone was giddy and anxious, you know? I believe Vidar or someone else may translate it at a later date. *shrugs*

There's only one group doing the manga, which would be /ak/ scans. It appears Fried Squid Scans is helping them out though?
For the light novel translations? Why? Just save it to your Drive* and it will be put into your Drive* folder on your computer...

*Google

That would be great advice, and I would love to use it... Except for 1 small detail.
I currently don't own a computer. I read most of my manga and ish via my UC browser app. It's how I can post on this forum.

*Google

That would be great advice, and I would love to use it... Except for 1 small detail.
I currently don't own a computer. I read most of my manga and ish via my UC browser app. It's how I can post on this forum.
I am "Doom"!!

Fujiki

Fujiki

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
where can I find something up to day 50 to + translated? i can't find it, excep for the link that falconbane has in all his comments and it's oly to the say 56 ç.ç